PDA

View Full Version : The freak is on the rise!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Maccabee
07-17-09, 12:43 am
This is a new journey that I am embarking on. This past month I was doing a lot of thinking, and the last thing I want to be is a has-been. I do not want to be that guy who accomplished so much at such a young age and just collapsed. I do not want to vanish. I do not want to fall apart.

I want to stand tall like a building. I want to be strong and brave like a warrior. I want to make an impact on my own life. I want to have a strong foundation like a tree. I want to grow mentally, physically, and spiritually.

I want STRENGTH AND POWER in all areas of life! I have many challenges to face and it does not matter what they are. I just have to charge like a bull and keep fighting until I succeed.

The Freak is on the rise!

mcbeast
07-17-09, 10:43 am
Im in...

Vaze_06
07-17-09, 9:16 pm
sub

T o m m Y
07-17-09, 10:29 pm
Awsome!

Maccabee
07-19-09, 10:58 pm
Shoulder Warm Up and some stretching

Standing Strict Military Press- 4 sets x 10-2 reps. Last set 125 lbs x 2 reps.

Seated Dumbbell Power Clean- 3 sets x 12-8 reps.

Standing Laterals- 3 sets x 20-10 reps.

Around the Worlds- 3 sets x 15 reps. Nice Burn.

Dumbbell Presses- 4 sets x 20-10 reps.

6 Way Raise- 3 sets x failure

Flat Dumbbell Bench Press ( hammer grip, elbows in = hits the triceps well for me )- 3 sets x 30-20 reps.

Tricep Pulldown- 4 sets x 20-10 reps

Cable Pressdown- 3 sets x 15-10 reps. Last set whole stack + 45 lb plate. Insane PUMP!

Machine Dips- 5 sets x 30-15 reps. The last set was stack + 90 lbs then into a mega drop set.

Close Grip Bench Press- 5 sets x 20-4 reps. Last set 185 x 4 then drop to 135 x 5.

Tonights training was insane. I know I got stronger with the close grip bench press because after destroying my delts and triceps I was able to hit 185 x 4 which is good for me.

My parents went to a BBQ and brought me back mashed potatoes, chicken wings, beef shishkabob and chicken. Time to eat. Good night every one.

Vaze_06
07-20-09, 5:46 pm
nice volume poko
hope u had a nice weekend

Maccabee
07-20-09, 10:56 pm
Shoulder warm ups and dynamic stretching

Back

Barbell Rows- 4 sets x 15-8 reps. Last set 225 lbs x 8 reps drop 135 lbs x 20 reps.

Lat Pulldown- 4 sets x 30-4 reps. Last set 200 lbs x 4 reps drop 100 lbs x 10 reps drop 50 lbs x 30 reps.

Barbell Machine Shrugs- 4 sets x 15-6 reps. Last set 405 lbs x 6 reps drop 315 lbs x 10 reps drop 225 lbs x 12 reps drop 135 lbs x 20 reps.

Biceps

Alt DB Curls- 5 sets x 10-2 reps. Last set 60 lbs x 2 reps drop 40 lbs x 4 reps drop 20 lbs x 10 reps.

Hammer Curls- 5 sets x 10-4 reps. Last set 60 lbs x 4 reps.

HS Preacher Curl- 2 sets x 15-6 reps. Last set 90 lbs x 6 reps drop 45 lbs x 15 reps.

Forearms

Behind the back Wrist Curl- 3 sets x 15-5 reps. Last set 135 lbs x 5 reps

Power Cleans- 3 sets x 5 reps. Last set 135 lbs x 5 reps.

Wow! Every muscle that I trained tonight was pumped to the max. I had a great workout again. Time for my last meal then off to bed. Good night every one.

Maccabee
07-20-09, 10:58 pm
Im in...

sub

Awsome!

Thank you for all the support every one.

nice volume poko
hope u had a nice weekend

Thanks Vaze. My delts were on fire. I had an amazing weekend what about you?

whosnexttt
07-21-09, 3:10 am
Shoulder warm ups and dynamic stretching

Back

Barbell Rows- 4 sets x 15-8 reps. Last set 225 lbs x 8 reps drop 135 lbs x 20 reps.

Lat Pulldown- 4 sets x 30-4 reps. Last set 200 lbs x 4 reps drop 100 lbs x 10 reps drop 50 lbs x 30 reps.

Barbell Machine Shrugs- 4 sets x 15-6 reps. Last set 405 lbs x 6 reps drop 315 lbs x 10 reps drop 225 lbs x 12 reps drop 135 lbs x 20 reps.

Biceps

Alt DB Curls- 5 sets x 10-2 reps. Last set 60 lbs x 2 reps drop 40 lbs x 4 reps drop 20 lbs x 10 reps.

Hammer Curls- 5 sets x 10-4 reps. Last set 60 lbs x 4 reps.

HS Preacher Curl- 2 sets x 15-6 reps. Last set 90 lbs x 6 reps drop 45 lbs x 15 reps.

Forearms

Behind the back Wrist Curl- 3 sets x 15-5 reps. Last set 135 lbs x 5 reps

Power Cleans- 3 sets x 5 reps. Last set 135 lbs x 5 reps.

Wow! Every muscle that I trained tonight was pumped to the max. I had a great workout again. Time for my last meal then off to bed. Good night every one.

thats how you train back and biceps!!! nice workout

Maccabee
07-21-09, 10:44 am
thats how you train back and biceps!!! nice workout

Thanks Brother! I am very sore right now all over my shoulders and back. This feels awesome.

Vaze_06
07-21-09, 1:03 pm
same here, i love my no-life lol

Maccabee
07-21-09, 1:47 pm
same here, i love my no-life lol

Haha yeah same here. Tonight I have quads and calves I am going to go crazy.

T o m m Y
07-21-09, 1:48 pm
kill it!

Maccabee
07-21-09, 1:48 pm
Ok starting tonight for 7 days in my religion we are not allowed to have meat and chicken. So I will be consuming dairy and fish. I have a feeling I will lose a little weight.

Maccabee
07-21-09, 1:50 pm
kill it!

Hell yeah brotha! The best part is that I am helping train this 16 year old kid. He has potential but he just doesnt know how to approach training right. I invited him to train with me because I know there is a little Animal inside him. I am going to show and teach him what it takes to live this life style. He wont walk normally for a week gauranteed, and hopefully neither will I.

Maccabee
07-21-09, 10:31 pm
Warm Up- Bike, shoulder stuff, and hip dynamic stretches

Powerlifting Stance Barbell Squats-
bar x a lot
135 lbs x 5 reps
225 lbs x 5 reps
315 lbs x 5 reps
405 lbs x 3 reps
315 lbs x 15 reps drop 225 lbs x 10 reps drop 135 lbs x 15 reps then I dropped to the floor

Leg Press-4 sets x 20-10 reps. Last set 1160 x 10 reps.

Leg Extensions- 5 sets x 20 reps.

Did some calves and thats it.

Tonights training went well. I wanted to squat 2 times my bodyweight tonight but I did not feel it. Once I get 405 x 5 reps I will focus on getting 2x's my bodyweight.

The 16 year old friend of mine that I trained with did very well as well. He did some squatting with the bar, bodyweight squats, box squats, leg extensions. I mainly wanted to teach him the form.

At the end of the workout we were walking home and I said to him:

"Tomorrow...day one you will hate me. Day two you wont ever want to train with me again. Day three you will plan to assassinate me. Day four you will decide to follow through or not. Day five we will find out if I am still alive LOL...Your going to be in a tremendous amount of pain."

I also told him that what we did today was nothing compared to the pros.

mcbeast
07-21-09, 10:41 pm
Damn FREAK.Where have you been hiding that leg strength? Damn i need to get on your level! Haha..When we gonna see 10 plate rack pulls again?

Maccabee
07-21-09, 10:44 pm
Damn FREAK.Where have you been hiding that leg strength? Damn i need to get on your level! Haha..When we gonna see 10 plate rack pulls again?

Haha well I didnt train for 7 months lol. It hasn't even been 2 months yet lol. I never did 10 plate rack pulls haha lol...your mistaking me for yourself. You are the deadlifting beast remember?

So how are things with you?

Maccabee
07-21-09, 10:51 pm
Warm Up- Bike, shoulder stuff, and hip dynamic stretches

Powerlifting Stance Barbell Squats-
bar x a lot
135 lbs x 5 reps
225 lbs x 5 reps
315 lbs x 5 reps
405 lbs x 3 reps
315 lbs x 15 reps drop 225 lbs x 10 reps drop 135 lbs x 15 reps then I dropped to the floor

Leg Press-4 sets x 20-10 reps. Last set 1160 x 10 reps.

Leg Extensions- 5 sets x 20 reps.

Did some calves and thats it.

Tonights training went well. I wanted to squat 2 times my bodyweight tonight but I did not feel it. Once I get 405 x 5 reps I will focus on getting 2x's my bodyweight.

The 16 year old friend of mine that I trained with did very well as well. He did some squatting with the bar, bodyweight squats, box squats, leg extensions. I mainly wanted to teach him the form.

At the end of the workout we were walking home and I said to him:

"Tomorrow...day one you will hate me. Day two you wont ever want to train with me again. Day three you will plan to assassinate me. Day four you will decide to follow through or not. Day five we will find out if I am still alive LOL...Your going to be in a tremendous amount of pain."

I also told him that what we did today was nothing compared to the pros.

Forgot to mention that I did not use a belt or knee wraps for the squats and leg pressing...only chalk

mcbeast
07-21-09, 10:54 pm
Haha well I didnt train for 7 months lol. It hasn't even been 2 months yet lol. I never did 10 plate rack pulls haha lol...your mistaking me for yourself. You are the deadlifting beast remember?

So how are things with you?

Hm.I recall you pulling 600 for a rack dead.My mistake? Correction,i was a deadlifting beast.Haha.Those 405x17+ days are over now.I pulled 500 for a crappy single a little over 2 months ago,and hit 425 on a squat.Work has its ups & downs tho,so i had 6 weeks of crappy training im recovering from.Im startin this castle one brick at a time! Strengthening the quads,lower back,and shoulders for strongman.Then 8 weeks out of my meet ill get real strict with the big 3 again.But....all in all im okay.Broke-ish but ok,haha.Arent we all? How are things with the family for you? Dad still the same and all? And not to be a nudge but what religion are you exactly,that prohibits meat etc for 7 days?

mcbeast
07-21-09, 10:55 pm
Forgot to mention that I did not use a belt or knee wraps for the squats and leg pressing...only chalk

Lucky you,i need a belt.Dont have much of a choice.After 365 that bad boy goes on,tho i am veering away from my knee sleeves.

T o m m Y
07-21-09, 10:56 pm
Strong leg session there bud..
Good work man!

Maccabee
07-21-09, 11:03 pm
Hm.I recall you pulling 600 for a rack dead.My mistake? Correction,i was a deadlifting beast.Haha.Those 405x17+ days are over now.I pulled 500 for a crappy single a little over 2 months ago,and hit 425 on a squat.Work has its ups & downs tho,so i had 6 weeks of crappy training im recovering from.Im startin this castle one brick at a time! Strengthening the quads,lower back,and shoulders for strongman.Then 8 weeks out of my meet ill get real strict with the big 3 again.But....all in all im okay.Broke-ish but ok,haha.Arent we all? How are things with the family for you? Dad still the same and all? And not to be a nudge but what religion are you exactly,that prohibits meat etc for 7 days?

Oh yea but that was like 8 months ago I rack pulled 675 lbs. But I cant do it now so I dont consider it as if I could. I understand about work though times are tough now...it will get better it always does. Every thing with my family is allright. My Dad is the same as always...OLD SCHOOL!

I am JEWISH....so things in the past happened where as a custom we do not consume meat and chicken for 7 days because meat makes a man happy lol haha. When you take away something like meat and chicken from a person it feels like a loss. Thats the whole concept of the next 7 days to think about the past and improve on forward.

Maccabee
07-21-09, 11:06 pm
Lucky you,i need a belt.Dont have much of a choice.After 365 that bad boy goes on,tho i am veering away from my knee sleeves.

Forget that stuff man. Lose the belt and knee wraps...if you use them. Knee sleeves are allright because it keeps the area nice and warm. Those are good. I believe if the human body can be trained to squat 135, 225, and 315 with out a belt and knee wraps then it can be trained to do the same with 405, 495, etc...

Some people when they get older their joints hurt so they use knee wraps more often but why would you push yourself if your joints cant handle the load. Just go with the flow brother. I am not saying I wont ever use a belt but for now I need to build a better foundation. We all should.

Strong leg session there bud..
Good work man!

Thanks bro. It was intense especially the drop sets with the squats. That was painful!

Maccabee
07-22-09, 12:41 am
Holy crap I have been sitting in one spot for about 2 hrs reading and surfing the internet and now I tried to get up and my legs are already in pain and I am sore as hell already. I feel bad for my friend wow...he is going to hate me tomorrow.

mcbeast
07-22-09, 1:56 am
I see..Well,im sure your out! Time for this guy on Pacific Time to be out as well.Lookin forward to your next installment of pain..

Maccabee
07-22-09, 10:46 pm
My friend survived the workout and he came back tonight. I am proud of him. He has my respect...for now. We shall see what happens with in weeks.

Chest

Flat Barbell Bench Press- 8 sets x 20-1 reps. Last set 225 lbs x 1 rep. Went up fast.

Incline Machine Press- 3 sets x 10-4 reps. Last set 3 plates per side x 4 drop PR! 2 plates x 10 drop 1 plate x 15 reps.

Barbell Pullovers- 3 sets x 30-10 reps.

Forearms

Barbell Wrist Curl- 3 sets x 20 reps.

Barbell Reverse Wrist Curl- 3 sets x 20-15 reps.

Rope Inner rotation/outer rotation- 3 sets x 15-10 reps.

The workout went very well. I hit one PR on the Incline Machine Press. I am confused with my bench right now. My speed improved but I shouldnt complain because it went up 20 lbs since June.

Maccabee
07-23-09, 1:20 am
At the family business I met an old man who was a former Mr.Israel bodybuilding champion back in the old days. He went over my physique and told me to focus on a few things so I decided to take his advice. By the way he is a natural and he showed me his photos and I was truly amazed. He looked amazing.

He basically told me:

1. I need to seriously get my waist down because its very thick

2. I need to focus more on close stance squats and go deep

3. Also that I need to stop going very heavy all the time and focus on lower weight and acheiving the pump

4. I have crappy arms and need to improve them big time

He also made me realize that if I am going to stay a natural that I simply wont become 275-300 lbs ripped veiny muscle all over. He told me to be realistic and focus on quality just like what other bodybuilders have been telling me.

I enjoy lifting heavy weight and at the same time I want to develop a quality physique so I am going to clean up my diet more and add cardio.

I am still going to do squats, deads, rows, bench, presses, etc...

My diet is basically going to consist of chicken, fish, basmati rice, lots of vegetables, nuts, oils. Thats it. Those are the foods that work best for me.

Potatoes make me bloated along with to many eggs.

Maccabee
07-23-09, 1:28 am
So a typical day will look like this for me.

I do not have a set quantity of food I will just listen to my body and most of all I wont overeat.

This week I cant have fish cause of religous reasons but after this week I will be able to have it.

AM- Cardio 30 mins

Meal One, Pre Workout and post workout- Fish, Basmati Rice, Vegetable Salad, Extra Virgin Olive Oil or nuts

Meal Two, Three, Four- Fish or Chicken, Vegetable Salad, Nuts

If anyone has any suggestions let me know.

I know this will cause me to lose a little weight but I think I will be ok. Overall I am sensitive to carbs so I dont eat that many so I think it wont affect my strength.

Maccabee
07-23-09, 11:10 am
So a typical day will look like this for me.

I do not have a set quantity of food I will just listen to my body and most of all I wont overeat.

This week I cant have fish cause of religous reasons but after this week I will be able to have it.

AM- Cardio 30 mins

Meal One, Pre Workout and post workout- Fish, Basmati Rice, Vegetable Salad, Extra Virgin Olive Oil or nuts

Meal Two, Three, Four- Fish or Chicken, Vegetable Salad, Nuts

If anyone has any suggestions let me know.

I know this will cause me to lose a little weight but I think I will be ok. Overall I am sensitive to carbs so I dont eat that many so I think it wont affect my strength.

Sorry I meant I cant have meat or chicken.

mcbeast
07-23-09, 7:39 pm
Good plan of attack bro.I too am trying to drop a few pounds,what im primarily eating is posted on my log.Tho tonight wife made dinner,so ill go ahead & eat it.No point in suffering,lol.So,bodybuilding it is huh? I wish you the best of luck.Focus on the pump,thats for sure.Especially with arms,i suggest reps from 15-4.I personally like tearin up my tris then going heavy as possible for a few good reps.

Vaze_06
07-23-09, 8:44 pm
damn Poko! u should be ashamed to cheat on the chicken with the fish! lol
nothing bad in getting leaner, can build some mass after

Maccabee
07-23-09, 11:55 pm
Good plan of attack bro.I too am trying to drop a few pounds,what im primarily eating is posted on my log.Tho tonight wife made dinner,so ill go ahead & eat it.No point in suffering,lol.So,bodybuilding it is huh? I wish you the best of luck.Focus on the pump,thats for sure.Especially with arms,i suggest reps from 15-4.I personally like tearin up my tris then going heavy as possible for a few good reps.

No matter what happens you always eat the food she makes. Thats very important. I will be doing more of bodybuilding but I will still lift heavy as hell. I did 0 Carbs once and I still hit pr's.

damn Poko! u should be ashamed to cheat on the chicken with the fish! lol
nothing bad in getting leaner, can build some mass after

Hahaha. Its not so bad...the fish is really good. I found some nice fish caught from the ocean with no preservatives. Its much better then the farm raised fish. But to each his own I suppose.

Maccabee
07-24-09, 12:04 am
My training partner returned. We had a great back workout and put him to the test and he did very well. I am proud. I wont be able to train on all the days with him due to other matters but we will always hit legs together which is good.

Ok this is what we did tonight.

Warm Up- Bike 5 mins, shoulder stuff, and dynamic stretching for the hips

Deadlifts- NO BELT, NO STRAPS, ONLY CHALK
135 lbs x 5 reps
225 lbs x 5 reps
315 lbs x 5 reps
405 lbs x 3 reps
425 lbs x 1 rep Deadlifted 2x's my bodyweight which made me very happy

Hammer Strength High Row- 4 sets x 12-6 reps. Last set 4 plates per side x 6 reps.

Seated Medium Rows- Basically my hands are in front of me like the end of a front raise and I just pull in. 4 sets x 12-6 reps. Last set 4 plates per side x 6 drop 3 pps x 6 drop 2 pps x 6 drop 1 pps x 6.

Hammer Strength Reverse Grip Row- 4 sets x 15-6 reps. Last set 4 plates per side x 6 reps + 3 forced reps.

Nautilus Pulldown Two Armed Cable- 3-4 sets dont remember x 10 reps I think.

Pull Ups (4 different styles just one set each)- 4 sets x 5-1 reps.

Damn we had a great workout. As you can tell it looks like a bodybuilding routine lol but I shall still DEADLIFT!

mcbeast
07-24-09, 12:53 am
Sick pullin bro.Youve got heart.Keep this stuff up man,youll be where you wanna be in no time

Maccabee
07-24-09, 10:23 am
Sick pullin bro.Youve got heart.Keep this stuff up man,youll be where you wanna be in no time

Thanks for all ways pushing me bro. I am just trying to reach your level lol.

Maccabee
07-25-09, 10:01 pm
On friday I ate an Organic Banana for the first time and it smelled better and tasted much stronger then the pesticide filled bananas.

I found a trader joe's close by my place about 10-15 mins by car. Lots of Organic food there and I am going to eat as much Organic food as possible. Its healthier so why not.

I do not really care if its more expensive as long as its quality. I am cool with that.

Firedrake
07-25-09, 10:29 pm
You're putting in some great work, and it sounds like you're getting some good advice from that former Mr. Israel.

Keep growing!

Maccabee
07-26-09, 3:45 pm
You're putting in some great work, and it sounds like you're getting some good advice from that former Mr. Israel.

Keep growing!

Thank you Firedrake. Yeah he gave me a few tips. The one thing I enjoyed most was how simple he was. He told me to continue doing all the compound movements and not to worry about all the machines, cables, etc...

Maccabee
07-26-09, 10:06 pm
I went to my brother place today to play with my nephew and I had a blast. I love the little guy. They made me sweat so much it was some good cardio. These are the moments in life that I will never get back...so if I have a choice of going to the gym or celebrating time with my family then I choose family. You have to respect these moments and dont let them go by. You will train until you die but spending these moments with your family wont always come.

Maccabee
07-27-09, 9:22 am
Well I am off to work now. My mom's birthday is today and most likely I wont go to the gym because work ends at 8pm. I guess my family will celebrate after work. I will have to hit chest tomorrow...I dont mind. My family is more important to me then a workout. Peace

Maccabee
07-27-09, 11:47 pm
Looks like we did not celebrate tonight because my mom went to a seminar that my sister was giving about health.

This is what I did tonight.

Shoulder Warm Ups

Flat Barbell Bench Press-
135 x 5 reps
225 x 2 reps + 1 forced rep. Last week I only got it for one rep so I am getting stronger.
245 x 0 + 3 forced reps. The spotter told me I got the first rep on my own but he had his hands on the bar so I am not counting it.

2 board
265 x 0 I did not expect that
225 x 3 reps

Weighted Dips
BW x 10
25 lbs x 10
45 lbs x 10-12 reps x 4 sets PR I was never able to do this many sets and reps with a plate.
70 lbs x 2 reps then bodyweight for 15 reps then push ups for 15 reps.

Abs

Rope Crunches- 3 sets x 20 reps
Nautilus Lower Ab Weighted Machine (Old School Machine)- 3 sets x 10 reps
Roman Chair Side Twists with weight- 3 sets x 20 reps

Maccabee
07-28-09, 11:57 am
Damn my left shoulder feels weird.

I hope its not the same thing as I had last time. I am going to rest up and I wont hit shoulders this week. I am going to give my shoulder some time to heal up.

I wont squat this week either because I know it will hurt my shoulder in the condition that it is in now.

Well I am going to be working in the month of august from 7am-8pm for the family business. I will have to wake up early to make my meals. I will get my training done after work. I will be very busy this whole month. I do what I got to do for the family. Peace

mcbeast
07-28-09, 7:56 pm
Damn my left shoulder feels weird.

I hope its not the same thing as I had last time. I am going to rest up and I wont hit shoulders this week. I am going to give my shoulder some time to heal up.

I wont squat this week either because I know it will hurt my shoulder in the condition that it is in now.

Well I am going to be working in the month of august from 7am-8pm for the family business. I will have to wake up early to make my meals. I will get my training done after work. I will be very busy this whole month. I do what I got to do for the family. Peace

& thats what sepearates you from most.Keep up the hard work,you know what needs done.Just keep on it.Get your meals,sleep and solid training and youll be doing well..

Firedrake
07-28-09, 8:35 pm
Keep it goin' bro -- I've done hours like that, too.

You'll get it done, I'm sure!

Maccabee
07-28-09, 10:40 pm
"I AM NOT AFRAID" Thats all I kept saying to myself today before training. I was going to squat and usually in a case like this the bar puts to much pressure on my shoulder but I didnt give a shit. I have a mission. Every thing went well no pain.

Barbell Squat (Powerlifting Style)
135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 5
405 x 1
425 x 3
315 x 17

Deadlift
135 x 5
225 x 3
315 x 1
405 x 1
435 x 1
315 x 10

Standing Calve Raise- 4 sets x 10 reps

Bike- 30 mins

Strength is increasing on a weekly basis. Slow and steady. Shoulder feels great. I was doing a lot of mental work. I kept saying words like HEAL over and over again and mentally I was focusing on the left delt. It worked.

Maccabee
07-28-09, 11:11 pm
& thats what sepearates you from most.Keep up the hard work,you know what needs done.Just keep on it.Get your meals,sleep and solid training and youll be doing well..

Keep it goin' bro -- I've done hours like that, too.

You'll get it done, I'm sure!

Thanks brothers...for the motivation.

Maccabee
07-29-09, 12:33 am
I read a pretty cool article on how to set up a diet. After reading it this is what I plan on doing.

Meal One- 50g protein, 60g carbs, 5g fat

Meal Two- 50g protein, 0g carbs, 15g fat

Meal Three- 50g protein, 0g carbs, 15g fat

Meal Four (Pre Workout)- 50g protein, 40g carbs, 5g fat

Meal Five (Post Workout)- 50g protein, 60g carbs, 0g fat

Meal Six- 50g protein, 0g carbs, 10g fat

On my off days I will consume carbs in the first two meals of the day and the rest will be 0g carbs. I will increase protein intake to 55-60 grams. I will consume more fats.

For all zero carb meals I will add in a salad consisting of Kale, Lettuce, Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Celery, and maybe other greens.

Cardio will be done on all days.

On days when I do deadlifts and squats or any other movement thats going to use up energy I will probably add about 10-15 more grams of carbs to meal one, meal four, and meal five.

I personally hate all the science crap and this amount and that amount, however if I am going to take my training seriously I need to keep track of my diet more.

So far things are moving along well and looking better.

I will adjust my diet as time goes by and by how my body responds to everything. Lower carbs is better for me right now because I blow up like a ballon when I eat to many carbs.

If I feel like I am OVEREATING I will eat less. I have to listen to my body.

Maccabee
07-29-09, 1:20 am
What a learning experience I am having right now. All these years I have been eating the wrong way. I never read or learned about low days, medium days, or high days. It all actually makes sense to me now. I think my strength and overall physique is going to improve tremendously.

I am going to sleep now, but I have been awake creating an entire nutritional meal plan for myself to follow. This is going to be awesome.

Tron
07-29-09, 11:19 am
"I AM NOT AFRAID" Thats all I kept saying to myself today before training. I was going to squat and usually in a case like this the bar puts to much pressure on my shoulder but I didnt give a shit. I have a mission. Every thing went well no pain.

135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 5
405 x 1
425 x 3
315 x 17

Deadlift
135 x 5
225 x 3
315 x 1
405 x 1
435 x 1
315 x 10

Bike- 30 mins

Strength is increasing on a weekly basis. Slow and steady. Shoulder feels great. I was doing a lot of mental work. I kept saying words like HEAL over and over again and mentally I was focusing on the left delt. It worked.

Excellent.

Firedrake
07-29-09, 12:28 pm
The diet looks like a good plan -- just remember, you're going to learn more about your body and want to tweak things a bit as you go along, but you need to stay on the same basic plan for at least six weeks to see how your body responds to it long term.

Maccabee
07-29-09, 1:40 pm
Thanks for the advice. I will follow it for 6 weeks straight and see what happens.

Maccabee
07-29-09, 9:45 pm
Shoulders

Standing Overhead Press
45 lbs x a lot
65 lbs x 5 reps
85 lbs x 5 reps
105 lbs x 5 reps
125 lbs x 1 rep
145 lbs x 1 rep Pr 10 lbs
95 lbs x 10-8 reps x 5 sets

Side Laterals- 3 sets x 10-8 reps

Shrugs- 3 sets x 10-8 reps

I am very pleased with my progress since I started training about 2 months ago. I am improving on a weekly basis.

Currently:
Squat- 425 x 3
Deadlift- 435 x 1
Bench- 225 x 3
Overhead Press- 145 x 1

Goals:
Squat- 495
Deadlift- 495
Bench- 295
Overhead Press- 195

I want to basically become just as strong as I used to be. Only difference is a bigger bench.

mcbeast
07-29-09, 10:03 pm
Bro your killin it.Keep doin your thing..

Maccabee
07-29-09, 10:28 pm
Bro your killin it.Keep doin your thing..

Thanks bro. I am just taking it nice and easy. Listening to my body more and thats it. By the way I saw the video where you hit squats with Strongman dudes and damn bro you got some good endurance/strength in you.

mcbeast
07-29-09, 11:45 pm
Takin it easy huh? Haha..

Endurance is something i do have,i need to get a bit more of that brute strength.I give it about 5-6 weeks till im hitting 425 for a double on the squat.Gotta start back from the bottom,lol.

Maccabee
07-30-09, 12:52 am
Excellent.

Thanks Tron.

Maccabee
07-30-09, 12:53 am
Takin it easy huh? Haha..

Endurance is something i do have,i need to get a bit more of that brute strength.I give it about 5-6 weeks till im hitting 425 for a double on the squat.Gotta start back from the bottom,lol.

Hell yeah bro. Once you put yourself in that mode of gaining strength every thing gets crazy.

Firedrake
07-30-09, 6:54 pm
It's such a motivator to see progress each and every time. You're making some good gains, and it only gets better!

Maccabee
07-30-09, 11:17 pm
It's such a motivator to see progress each and every time. You're making some good gains, and it only gets better!

Thanks Firedrake. Constant progress motivates me as well. Thanks for the constant support brother.

whosnexttt
07-30-09, 11:22 pm

135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 5
405 x 1
425 x 3
315 x 17

Deadlift
135 x 5
225 x 3
315 x 1
405 x 1
435 x 1
315 x 10

Bike- 30 mins

man what a workout!! squats and deads on the same day? you are truely born a freak!!! nice!!

Maccabee
07-30-09, 11:33 pm
Back- Focusing more on strict form where in the past I cheated a little on the heavier sets, but tonight kept the form really strict as possible. I had a great pump.

Two Arm Nautilus Lat Pulldown- 4 sets x 12-4 reps. Last set 200 lbs x 4 reps.

Seated Hammer Medium Row- 5 sets x 10-3 reps. Last set 5 plates per side x 3 reps.

Hyperextensions- 3 sets x failure

Bent Over Lateral- 3 sets x 12-5 reps. Last set 50's x 5 reps.

Hammer Curls- 3 sets x 6-3 reps. Last set 60's x 3 reps.

Dumbbell Shrugs- 4 sets x 20-10 reps. Last set 95's x 10 reps.

Progress Report:

This entire week I have been eating very clean and consuming a lot of fish. My bodyweight dropped from 212 lbs to 207 lbs. I can not believe how much progress I made in one week.

Every one is telling me that I look thicker and I actually do. My waist went from a 42 to 39.5 inches. Strength levels are still increasing.

I am only 9 lbs away from my bodyweight goal which is 198 lbs. I actually had a cheat meal today where I added some Hot and Spicy Sauce on my fish.

This week I ate a few veggies not as many as I should have. So from now on I will add a minimum of 1 cup of leafy greens to every meal.

I also realized that consuming 6 meals a day is to much for me and I dont feel to well at the end of the day so I am going to drop it down to 4-5 meals.

As far as training goes I need to recover more so instead of training 5-6 times a week I am going to lower it down to 3-4 and see how things fall out.

So far everything is moving along really well. Next training day will be on Monday. Three full days of rest.

Maccabee
07-30-09, 11:38 pm
man what a workout!! squats and deads on the same day? you are truely born a freak!!! nice!!

Thanks bro. One thing I noticed in my training journals is that when ever I did squats and deads on the same day my strength increased very fast. At the end of the night I feel exhausted but the results are amazing.

T o m m Y
07-31-09, 12:07 am
Awsome progress right there bro!!
So you are doing a carb cycling diet?
Do you happen to still have the read on it?

Maccabee
07-31-09, 12:22 am
Awsome progress right there bro!!
So you are doing a carb cycling diet?
Do you happen to still have the read on it?

If thats what they call it then I guess I am. I am not getting to crazy with it though. I just eat carbs in my first meal, pre, and post workout. When I hit legs and back I just take 10-20g of carbs more depending on how I feel. The article explains everything.

This is the link to the article.

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_nutrition/how_bodybuilders_should_eat

Maccabee
08-02-09, 1:05 am
I have been reading through Ox's Stable Thread and all I see is how Evan is motivating every one to listen to their bodies. Forget about splits, diet this and diet that.

What I am learning is just go with the flow. If you think you need more of some thing and less of some thing just DO IT.

So thats what I am going to do. I will just go with the flow.

mcbeast
08-02-09, 1:27 am
Great progress espeically in just a short amount of time.Time to plan out the next goal.Keep this up brotha.Skys the limit

Maccabee
08-02-09, 8:36 pm
Sun Aug 2 09

Chest

Incline Nebula Press- 3 sets x 20-3 reps. Last set double drop set.

Incline Hammer Strength Press- 3 sets x 15-4 reps. Last set drop set.

Incline Barbell Press- 3 sets x 12 reps.

Incline Flyes- 3 sets x 12-5 reps.

Cable Crossover- 3 sets x 10 reps.

Low Incline Smith Press- 4 sets x 20-5 reps. Last set quadruple drop set.

During the first exercise when I was doing the drop set I accidentally slammed the cap out of my ankle and now it hurts like hell. Right at the joint. I am limping a little bit. I hope it heals soon.

Pizzalamp
08-02-09, 8:38 pm
If thats what they call it then I guess I am. I am not getting to crazy with it though. I just eat carbs in my first meal, pre, and post workout. When I hit legs and back I just take 10-20g of carbs more depending on how I feel. The article explains everything.

This is the link to the article.

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_nutrition/how_bodybuilders_should_eat

i like that article
when the summer is over thats kinda how im gonna eat

Maccabee
08-02-09, 8:48 pm
Its a great article. I learned a lot.

Maccabee
08-03-09, 10:33 pm
Quads

Barbell Back Squat Shoulder width stance ATG DEEP REPS- 7 sets x 12-5 reps. Last set 225 lbs x 5 reps PR.

Front Barbell Squats ATG DEEP REPS- 5 sets x 12-1 reps. Last set 225 lbs x 1 rep PR.

I am so bad at BACK SQUATS with a close stance. I am having problems with the form where on the way up my right knee just felt weird a little bit. It was pain of course but nothing serious. I just dont understand what it is. I have the same issue with Hack Squats on the way up my right knee. I dont think its the bone. I dont have this issue with wide stance squats.

I rarely squat with a close stance. Its strange how my front squat is almos the same as my back squat. Form sucks real bad.

mcbeast
08-03-09, 10:48 pm
Quads

Barbell Back Squat Shoulder width stance ATG DEEP REPS- 7 sets x 12-5 reps. Last set 225 lbs x 5 reps PR.

Front Barbell Squats ATG DEEP REPS- 5 sets x 12-1 reps. Last set 225 lbs x 1 rep PR.

I am so bad at BACK SQUATS with a close stance. I am having problems with the form where on the way up my right knee just felt weird a little bit. It was pain of course but nothing serious. I just dont understand what it is. I have the same issue with Hack Squats on the way up my right knee. I dont think its the bone. I dont have this issue with wide stance squats.

I rarely squat with a close stance. Its strange how my front squat is almos the same as my back squat. Form sucks real bad.

How wide do you go then bro? I mean 200 pound difference in your close and wide squat is quite the jump.Yeah front squats are weird arent they...Ha

Maccabee
08-03-09, 10:56 pm
How wide do you go then bro? I mean 200 pound difference in your close and wide squat is quite the jump.Yeah front squats are weird arent they...Ha

Tonight I squatted with a shoulder width stance and before I squatted with a powerlifting stance which is wider then the shoulders. The reason I squat that way was because I started squatting seriously at first with a powerlifter. He taught me well. However wide stance squats focuses more on glutes and hams and not so much on quads.

I just want to know how to squat properly. I think I am using my knees to squat which is causing pain in my right knee.

mcbeast
08-03-09, 10:59 pm
Gotchya.I too squat farely wide.I can hit 315 for a few shoulder width.I cant imagine doing 405 shoulder width tho.It depends what area of your legs your targeting bro.Front squat like your life depends on it and your quads will blow up! Have you ever tried rdl's for hams?

Maccabee
08-03-09, 11:01 pm
Gotchya.I too squat farely wide.I can hit 315 for a few shoulder width.I cant imagine doing 405 shoulder width tho.It depends what area of your legs your targeting bro.Front squat like your life depends on it and your quads will blow up! Have you ever tried rdl's for hams?

Yeah thats my goal right now..I want to improve my quads a bit. I love rdl's for hammies it feels great for me. I like doing them standing on a block.

mcbeast
08-03-09, 11:03 pm
Yeah thats my goal right now..I want to improve my quads a bit. I love rdl's for hammies it feels great for me. I like doing them standing on a block.

Cool.Try pointing your toes in different directions,it will affect what part he quad gets hit

Maccabee
08-03-09, 11:35 pm
Cool.Try pointing your toes in different directions,it will affect what part he quad gets hit

Hitting the quad aint the issue bro. I feel my quads big time. My main problem is that I feel my right knee during the movement. It hurt a little. I would have done much more then just back and front squats. After front squats I decided not to push it. Listened to my body and just backed off.

I think I need to stick my knees out more and focus on my hips and shoot them back a bit more. I will see what happens on wednesday. I am going to squat again.

Maccabee
08-06-09, 12:43 am
Leg Session II For The Week

Warmed Up for 15 mins with a little cardio and various dynamic stretching. Work out lasted about 45 mins and I did cardio for 20 in the end.

Barbell Wide Stance Squats (Powerlifting Style)-
bar x 10
135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 5
405 x 3
405 x 5
405 x 5

Deadlifts-
135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 1
405 x 1
405 x 1
405 x 1 I was exhausted but at the same time I was mad because I couldnt get more reps so I stayed super focused and then,
405 x 4

Bike- 20 mins

I trained with my friend again we decided to train together from now on. He is my new training partner. He is very young but ambitious. I made him do box squats and leg presses. He has trouble hitting parallel so I told to go down till he touched the box and then explode up. It worked he actually reached parallel. He is improving very well.

Also from now on I am going to work with 405 on the deads and squats for a while until my form becomes perfect or close to it and I am able to hit that weight for a good 10-12 reps.

T o m m Y
08-06-09, 8:54 am
Nice!!

mcbeast
08-06-09, 10:37 am
Damn good work bro.

Maccabee
08-06-09, 11:02 am
Nice!!

Damn good work bro.

Thanks guys. I feel so tired. I went to sleep at 1am last night and I woke like 5 mins ago. I had a pretty good workout. I made plans to train again with my training partner at 12pm lol. Thats like in one hour. So I have to go now lol. Damn I slept 10 hours striaght!

Maccabee
08-06-09, 2:00 pm
Standing Barbell Military Press- bar x 15, 75 x 5, 135 x 2, 5 sets x 5 reps with 105 lbs
Dumbbell Presses- 5 sets x 8 reps
Dumbbell Power Clean- 3 sets x 8 reps

Triset: As many reps possible, we did 5 non stop cycles of this
Machine Side Laterals
DB Side Laterals
Cable Side Laterals

6 Way Raise- 3 sets x failure
Face Pulls- 4 sets x 20-10 reps
Bent Over Lateral- 3 sets x 10 reps

Very intense workout. We were exhausted in the end. It was Awesome.

Maccabee
08-10-09, 4:30 pm
Pull Ups- 3 sets x failure using various grips.

Strongest Ranges- 135 x 5, 225 x 5, 315 x 5, 405 x 5, 495 x 5, 585 x 1, 635 x 1, 675 x 1, 700 x miss

One Arm Machine Rows- 4 sets x 12-5 reps. Last set 4 plates per side x 5 reps

Face Pulls- 4 sets x 15 reps

Hyperextensions- 3 sets x failure

Maccabee
08-10-09, 10:19 pm
2nd session- Calves and Cardio

Standing Calve Raise- 4 sets x failure super set with Jumping with a barbell on my back. Last set triple drop set x failure

Seated Calve Raise- 4 sets x failure super set with Barbell Jumping. Last set quadruple drop set.

Triset:
Standing Dumbbell Calve Raise- 3 sets x failure
Standing Calve Raise no dumbbell
One Leg Calve Raise

Donkey Calve Raise- 3 sets x 15-10 reps.

Seated Machine Calve Raise Rotational- 3 sets x 20 reps. Last set triple drop x failure.

Leg Press Calve Raise- 4 sets x failure. Last set triple drop set.

Treadmill- 30 mins

Maccabee
08-10-09, 10:35 pm
My calves are measuring in at 14 inches and my arms are 16 at the moment.

For now I shouldnt complain because its only been 2 months and one week of training.

I have managed to gain most of my strength back.

I am basically going to torture and demolish my calves very hard until they become the same size as my arms.

I want my physique to look in proportion.

Firedrake
08-11-09, 12:59 am
Good plan -- now stick to it and make it happen! I've got to bring my arms up to my calves. My calves are naturally large, at about 18 1/2", but my arms are about 17" I have a long way to go.

mcbeast
08-11-09, 1:02 am
Where is your strongest range at? Just holding 700 is beastworthy in my book. Good job.

Maccabee
08-11-09, 10:49 am
Good plan -- now stick to it and make it happen! I've got to bring my arms up to my calves. My calves are naturally large, at about 18 1/2", but my arms are about 17" I have a long way to go.

Thanks bro. I would rather have big calves. Calves are so hard to build up. I have crappy genetics. Every male in my family has toothpick calves, but I will NOT let that hold me back.

Iam going to hit my calves with everything and anything I can think of. Good luck bro. Demolish those guns.

Where is your strongest range at? Just holding 700 is beastworthy in my book. Good job.

I am holding at 675 lbs. I went for 700 but I missed it. In a few more weeks I know I will get it. 2 months ago I was hovering at 545 lbs. My strength is just increasing viciously.

I read some where from the forum here that Big Al can smoke 1000 lbs. Holy crap!

Maccabee
08-11-09, 3:55 pm
Chest- I have an official training partner. I never thought I would find one. Its that same 16 year old guy I was teaching for a week. Afterwards we just decided we should train together because the chemistry is good. We both have the same goals and drive.

Warm up- bike

Dips (warm up)- 3 sets x few reps nothing to crazy just enough to get blood flowing in the delts, triceps, and chest

Flat Barbell Bench Press- Getting strong on these
45 x 10
95 x 5
135 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 2 easy...almost got a third but I got stuck half way up
225 x 2 + 3 forced reps
135 x 15

Triset: Dumbbells- 3 sets x failure
High Incline Press
Low Incline Press
Flat Press

Incline Nebula Press- 3 sets x 12-1 rep. Last set 3 plates per side x 2 reps drop 2 plates x 5 reps drop 1 plate x 10 reps

Incline Flyes- this was kind of like a triset. I basically did these with my elbows slightly bent and as I got tired I bent my elbows more and more until I ended up pressing the dumbbells. Basically 3 different incline fly angles followed by incline pressing- 2 sets x failure

Push Ups- 3 sets x failure. It came to a point we were going 2 inches up lol

Flat One Arm Alternate Dumbbell Press- 3 sets x 10 reps

Dips- 5 sets x failure

We had an amazing workout. We did strength training, calisthenics, trisets, high mega reps, it was a nasty session.

Firedrake
08-11-09, 6:37 pm
Your chest has to be both pumped and fried by that session!

Maccabee
08-11-09, 8:27 pm
Your chest has to be both pumped and fried by that session!

I can not even begin to explain the amazing pump we acheived today. My training partner was in a lot of painful, and I admit I was in pain as well. It was great.

I really like the Incline Flyes and the Triset I did.

mcbeast
08-12-09, 12:34 am
Great work today. Love the pain

Maccabee
08-12-09, 2:28 pm
We decided to do back again. I dont know why. We just felt like it.

Deadlifts- 4 sets x 10-1 reps. I hit 405 x 1 real fast and easy. Missed 445 afterwards.

Pull Ups- As many sets needed to reach 50 reps.

DB Rows- 4 sets x 10-8 reps. Last set 135 x 8.

Cardio- 30 mins

Maccabee
08-12-09, 9:03 pm
Lately I have been eating the following. I eat based on how I feel.

50% of my diet consists of Vegetables, Fruits, and Nuts.

Meal One, Four, and Six- I stuff my blender with various vegetables mainly leafy greens and some avacado OR I will just stuff it up with various fruits and nuts.

Meal Two, Three, and Five- I basically eat Fish or chicken and Basmati Rice. I love these foods. My body responds so well to it.

I know its different then what most people do. I think the reason why so many people get sick or feel like crap is because they dont eat enough vegetables and fruits. They just always eat MEAT.

If I dont feel hungry I will just have two of the smoothies and two meals. If I feel hungry I will have six. I feel amazing now.

I am getting leaner. All the fat is at my waist. I am working on that now by just eating clean and cardio.

I am just listening to my body.

Maccabee
08-12-09, 9:10 pm
In regards with Supplements. I dont like them at all.

I do not like having the feeling that I need to take some thing to get stronger or better.

Personally IMO, that tells me that I am not good enough or that I am just damn weak.

To each his own. I just like doing things the natural way.

I take a multi vitamin. Thats as far as it goes for me. It just pisses me off. I dont like having to take creatine or any other supp to help me break a platue. I like doing it the old fashioned way.

This is just my opinion. Its not a fact in any way. Some guys here I know use supplements like crazy and others keep it simple. Its just not for me. I respect everyones decisions nor do I look down on anyone as weak if they use supps or other stuff.

I used to also use supps to break through a platue but in the end I just said to myself, "Is that the only way you can do it". I just dont like the feeling of having to rely on a pill or powder to get the job done.

Maccabee
08-13-09, 10:03 am
I might go up state today to deliver some meat for out customers there. Other then that I have triceps, abs, and cardio today again.

Maccabee
08-13-09, 2:16 pm
I didnt have to go upstate today so thats good.

Trained with my friend today.

Triceps

Giant Set- 3 sets to failure. I am guessing I got about 70-40 reps each set.
Pulldown overhand grip
Pulldown underhand grip
Rope pulldown
Rope Overhead Extensions

Skull Crusher aka Lying Tricep EZ Bar Extensions SS Close Grip Bench Press- 8 sets x 12-8 reps. I worked with 25 lbs each side. Overall it was 70 lbs.

Machine Dips- 4 sets x 30-10 reps. I added two plates on. Last set 335 lbs x 10 reps.

I decided to do it again.
Giant Set- 2 sets to failure
Pulldown overhand grip
Pulldown underhand grip
Rope pulldown
Rope Overhead Extensions

Abs
Low Ab Machine
Weight Sit Up

Cardio- 40 mins

Maccabee
08-13-09, 6:50 pm
I cant believe these stupid commericials I am seeing about how some damn shoe is going to help you tone muscle and lose fat. lol haha.

Maccabee
08-13-09, 10:42 pm
2nd Session - 8/13/09 - Calves and Cardio

Calves

Seated Calve Raise- 5 sets x 10-5 reps.
-superset-
Standing Jumps- 5 sets x 30 reps.

Donkey Calve Raises- 4 sets x 15-10 reps.

Leg Press Calve Raise- 4 sets x 20 reps.

Seated Rotational Calve Raise- 5 sets x 30 reps. Last set Mega Drop Set with about 100 reps.

Standing Dumbbell Calve Raise- 4 sets x 50-20 reps. Every set I added one more drop set to make it more intense.

Cardio- 30 mins Treadmill

I am still punishing my calves so that they will grow.

mcbeast
08-14-09, 12:09 am
Lot of heart in here bro, keep it up.

Maccabee
08-14-09, 1:40 am
Lot of heart in here bro, keep it up.

Thanks bro. I appreciate all the support. How are things with you?

mcbeast
08-14-09, 1:43 am
Thanks bro. I appreciate all the support. How are things with you?

Good.Work is work, training is going well. So are things at home, so cant complain really. Hows things on the homefront with you?

Maccabee
08-14-09, 1:47 am
I am going to change up my program slightly.

I am going to train with weights 4 times a week.

On two different days I am going to come into the gym and focus on mobility training and static stretching. I am not kidding about this. I am going to be stretching and doing all sorts of crazy things to make myself a better athlete.

I think this will help me a lot.

So I will follow a split that will look like this. My training will involve powerlifting, olympic lifts, and good old bodybuilding. I like to do a combination of everything.

Sun- Back, Biceps, Calves
Mon- Chest, Triceps, Abs
Tue- Mobility and Stretching
Wed- Quads, Hams, Calves
Thursday- Shoulders, Forearms, Abs
Fri- Mobility and Stretching
Saturday- Rest

Cardio will be done about 3-5 times a week depending on how I feel. I will throw olympic movements some where in there.

Maccabee
08-14-09, 1:49 am
Good.Work is work, training is going well. So are things at home, so cant complain really. Hows things on the homefront with you?

Every thing is allright. Cant complain either. It is what it is. I need sleep bro...I am falling apart here. Good night.

mcbeast
08-14-09, 1:52 am
Every thing is allright. Cant complain either. It is what it is. I need sleep bro...I am falling apart here. Good night.

Almost 2 am,your crazy! Yup bed here as of...NOW

Maccabee
08-14-09, 5:45 pm
Almost 2 am,your crazy! Yup bed here as of...NOW

The only time I am staying up late is if I am learning some thing new and its exciting the hell out of me. Last night I was reading about olympic lifting and mobility training so I stayed up late.

Also I trained at night so I had to eat. I usually go to sleep 2-4 hours after eating. I cant sleep on a full stomach. I finished eating at 11:30 so I waited two hours to go to sleep. Peace

Maccabee
08-14-09, 5:46 pm
Hamstrings and Cardio

Lying Leg Curls- 7 sets x 8-3 reps.

SLDL- 4 sets x 15-10 reps.

Treadmill- 30 mins

Maccabee
08-16-09, 6:41 pm
Delts- Trained alone today. Training partner went to the pool with his family. Thats ok as long as its with family...Iam cool with that.

Seated Dumbbell Presses- 6 sets x 12-4 reps. Last set 70's x 4 reps.

Clean (off the floor) and Push Press- 5 sets x 5-1 reps. Last set 185 lbs x 1 rep.

One Arm Side Laterals- 4 sets x 8 reps. Last set 50's x 8 reps.

One Arm Front Raises- 4 sets x 8 reps. Last set 50's x 8 reps.

Bent Over Laterals- 4 sets x 8 reps. Last set 50's x 8 reps.

Face Pulls- 4 sets x 8 reps. I did these on a high pulley while on the floor. Last set stack x 15 reps.

Progress Report: My delts are getting stronger. I held on to something when I did the laterals and front raises. Overall I am pleased with todays work. I was happy when I hit 185 lbs on the clean and push press. I had to psyche myself up for that set. Everything is going great.

I decided to add beef back into my diet. It has been months upon many months since I have had beef. I want to see how my body reacts to it this time.

mcbeast
08-16-09, 8:09 pm
Good work!

Maccabee
08-16-09, 11:09 pm
Good work!

Thanks bro. It was insane. I can not begin to describe how intense it was. I am going to feel it in the morning lol.

Maccabee
08-17-09, 12:37 pm
Back

Barbell Rows- 3 warm up sets x 20 reps. 4 sets x 8-6 reps. Last set 225 lbs x 6 reps.

Wide Grip Lat Pulldown- 4 sets x 12-6 reps. Last set 200 lbs x 6 reps.

Biceps

Barbell Curl-5 sets x 8-0 reps. Last sets 115 x 3, 135 x 0, 135 x 3 (cheat curl).

One Arm Hammer Curls- 4 sets x 8-6 reps. Last set 60's x 6 reps.

Preacher Curl- 3 sets x 8-6 reps. Last set 100 lbs x 6 reps.

Maccabee
08-17-09, 1:21 pm
I lost some more weight which is exactly what I want. I am hovering at 205 lbs with a thick 40 inch waist.

My goal now is basically to continue losing weight while maintaining as much strength as possible. I am going to focus on getting to 200 lbs. I should be there with in 4 weeks.

mcbeast
08-17-09, 11:05 pm
I lost some more weight which is exactly what I want. I am hovering at 205 lbs with a thick 40 inch waist.

My goal now is basically to continue losing weight while maintaining as much strength as possible. I am going to focus on getting to 200 lbs. I should be there with in 4 weeks.

Good goal. Great workout to top it off! Keep it up. You dont have any progress pics do you?

Maccabee
08-18-09, 10:05 am
Good goal. Great workout to top it off! Keep it up. You dont have any progress pics do you?

I don't consider myself to be a bodybuilder anymore so I never really bothered to take the time for pictures to compare. My overall objective is strength.

Maybe one day when I feel my lifts are improving I will post a video or picture of that.

Maccabee
08-18-09, 11:06 pm
Bike and Dynamic Stretching- 15 mins

Barbell Wide Stance Squats- 9 sets x 5-1 reps. Last set 435 lbs x 1 rep NO BELT, NO KNEE WRAPS. Only chalk and wrist wraps.

The rest of the workout was one legged exercises:

Working Sets Only

Split Squats- 2 sets x 10 reps
Pistols (on box)- 2 sets x 10 reps
Walking Lunges- 2 sets x 10 reps
Bulgarian Squat (back leg on box)- 2 sets x 10 reps
Step Ups- 2 sets x 10 reps

I am very pleased with the 435 lb squat tonight. Two weeks ago I did 425 so the weight is increasing.

The one legged exercises kicked my butt and I will be focusing on these for a while. The strength is their however the balancing part threw me off so I had to control the ego and use baby weights. The results were great though.

I recomend that everyone put at least one legged movement into their routines. The results are awesome.

Post Workout:

8 ounces ground beef
1/4 cup basmati rice
Berries

Tomorrow I am going to take the day off and continue on thursday with deadlifts. I need to do them seperatly because when I do them on the same day my recovery sucks. Also because I dont know what my max is because I am exhausted from squating.

Maccabee
08-18-09, 11:13 pm
My Current Raw Total:

Squat- 435
Deadlift- 435
Bench- 225

1095 @ 205 lbs = This sucks. I need to get stronger. I know it takes time. I have to be patient!

mcbeast
08-18-09, 11:15 pm
Great work! Thats a decent total. Dont fret. What do you think you could hit for a single on shoulder width squats?

Maccabee
08-18-09, 11:25 pm
Great work! Thats a decent total. Dont fret. What do you think you could hit for a single on shoulder width squats?

I hit 225 lbs x 5 reps easy. I am guessing I can probably get 275.

I always did squats with a wide stance and its actually funny.

My first few months of training I always saw the powerlifers in my gym doing squats with a wide stance so I always thought that was the original way to do them. So from day one I always squatted with wide stance.

I never took the time to build a foundation with shoulder width squats which is why its my weak point. It is not comfortable for me too. I need to learn the form. I am more comfortable with the wide stance, but I do need strong quads as well.

I am going to alternate close and wide stance squats from week to week. I hope I improve on them.

mcbeast
08-18-09, 11:28 pm
I hit 225 lbs x 5 reps easy. I am guessing I can probably get 275.

I always did squats with a wide stance and its actually funny.

My first few months of training I always saw the powerlifers in my gym doing squats with a wide stance so I always thought that was the original way to do them. So from day one I always squatted with wide stance.

I never took the time to build a foundation with shoulder width squats which is why its my weak point. It is not comfortable for me too. I need to learn the form. I am more comfortable with the wide stance, but I do need strong quads as well.

I am going to alternate close and wide stance squats from week to week. I hope I improve on them.

Good idea. Im working on mine as well. Its painful, but thats a flexibility issue that needs to be worked on.

Maccabee
08-18-09, 11:32 pm
Good idea. Im working on mine as well. Its painful, but thats a flexibility issue that needs to be worked on.

I agree with you bro. I am doing a lot of dynamic stretching for my hip area and its helping with the squats a lot. I can go deeper and I have more stability and control in the hips.

mcbeast
08-18-09, 11:32 pm
I agree with you bro. I am doing a lot of dynamic stretching for my hip area and its helping with the squats a lot. I can go deeper and I have more stability and control in the hips.

Something i should look into, haha.

Maccabee
08-18-09, 11:35 pm
Something i should look into, haha.

http://stronglifts.com/7-dynamic-stretches-to-improve-your-hip-mobility/

Try these out.

mcbeast
08-18-09, 11:36 pm

Try these out.

I put it in favorites, Exhausted and dont have the concentration to sit and watch em, Will do tommorow tho. Thanks for the link.

T o m m Y
08-18-09, 11:37 pm

Try these out.

This is what i do before every squat session...
Good shit bro...

Maccabee
08-18-09, 11:51 pm
I put it in favorites, Exhausted and dont have the concentration to sit and watch em, Will do tommorow tho. Thanks for the link.

Allright cool. Good night bro.

This is what i do before every squat session...
Good shit bro...

This routine is awesome bro. I am getting great results.

Firedrake
08-19-09, 12:43 am
Great looking work, bro -- I know how frustrating incremental progress can be, but you're making it happen!

Maccabee
08-19-09, 1:08 pm
Great looking work, bro -- I know how frustrating incremental progress can be, but you're making it happen!

Thank you. Your right. Baby steps.

Maccabee
08-19-09, 1:18 pm
I was supposed to have an off day but then I realized I did not bench this week.

Flat Barbell Bench Press- 8 sets x 8-0 reps. Last set 225 lbs x 1 easy, 245 lbs x 0 missed it. I got it half way up but couldnt lock it out.

Tricep Pulldown- 5 sets x 20-7 reps. Last set 190 lbs x 7 reps PR.

Skull Crusher- 4 sets x 10-2 reps. Last set 112 lbs x 2 reps PR.

Weighted Dips- 5 sets x 30-1 rep. Last set 90 lbs x 1 deep rep PR for the depth, BW x 30 reps PR.

I am still focusing on improving my bench form. I am having a difficult time learning how to use my back and legs in the movement.

I am going to max out on the bench, deadlift, squat, and military press once a month. The other 3 weeks I am going to focus on using submaximal weight and focusing on making my form perfect. Tomorrow I will be deadlifting.

mcbeast
08-19-09, 2:42 pm
Great work.Youll get that 245 soon.Try to triple 225 first.

Maccabee
08-19-09, 3:33 pm
Great work.Youll get that 245 soon.Try to triple 225 first.

I think I can do it for 3 reps. I just held back to save energy for the 245. I will have it soon.

Maccabee
08-19-09, 3:38 pm
just ate beef and rice

Firedrake
08-19-09, 3:39 pm
Lookin good on the bench -- you're definitely making progress!

Maccabee
08-19-09, 3:41 pm
Lookin good on the bench -- you're definitely making progress!

Thanks bro.

Maccabee
08-20-09, 11:05 pm
Felt like squating tonight

Narrow Stance Squat- 5 sets x 10-2 reps. Last set 315 lbs x 2 reps PR for no belt and knee wraps

Stiff Leg Deadlift- 5 sets x 10-2 reps. Last set 315 lbs x 2 reps PR for no belt and knee wraps

Hyperextensions- 3 sets x 12-8 reps. Last set BW + 45 lb plate x 10 reps.

Hammer Strength High Row- 4 sets x 12-8 reps. Last set 4 plates per side x 8 reps Pr I think for reps.

Weighted Pull Ups- 5 sets x 5-2 reps. Last set 90 lbs x 2 reps PR!

Barbell Ab Wheel- 3 sets x 5 reps...hard as hell

Bridges- 3 sets x 30 second holds.

Awesome workout today. I just love squatting. I hit a pr for squats, sldl, rows, and pull ups. Great workout for me. Peace.

T o m m Y
08-20-09, 11:19 pm
Strong Session!!
Awsome Job Man!!

Maccabee
08-21-09, 8:48 am
Strong Session!!
Awsome Job Man!!

Thank you.

Maccabee
08-23-09, 4:50 pm
Delts

Clean and Press- 6 sets x 5-0 reps. Last set 145 lbs x 1, 155 lbs x 0.

Side Laterals- 3 sets x 12-6 reps.

Face Pulls- 3 sets x 12-6 reps.

Calves

Leg Press Calve Raise- 4 sets x 20 reps.

Donkey Calve Raises- 12-8 reps.

mcbeast
08-23-09, 5:05 pm
Good stuff. Are you cleaning from the floor or thigh level?

Maccabee
08-23-09, 8:56 pm
Good stuff. Are you cleaning from the floor or thigh level?

Thigh level.

Firedrake
08-23-09, 9:05 pm
Happy delts! Lots of nice burning . . .

Maccabee
08-23-09, 10:48 pm
Happy delts! Lots of nice burning . . .

Thanks bro.

Maccabee
08-24-09, 10:49 pm
Weighted Pull Ups- 5 sets x 10-1 rep. Last set 90 lbs x 2 reps.

Barbell Rows 90 degree- 4 sets x 15-4 reps. Last set 225 lbs x 4 reps PR for this angle.

Hang Clean- 4 sets x 5-1 reps. Last set 195 lbs x 1 rep PR.

Power Snatch- 4 sets x 5-1 reps. Last set 105 lbs x 5 reps PR.

Weighted Chin Up- 3 sets x 8-3 reps. Last set 95 lbs x 3 reps.

Hammer Curl- 3 sets x 8-4 reps. Last set 55's x 4 reps.

I am tired. Good night.

mcbeast
08-25-09, 12:26 am
And a good reason to be tired! Good work

Firedrake
08-25-09, 12:37 am
Damn nice work - an extra 90 lbs. on chins is crazy! Get some well-deserved rest!

Maccabee
08-25-09, 10:32 am
Damn nice work - an extra 90 lbs. on chins is crazy! Get some well-deserved rest!

And a good reason to be tired! Good work

Thanks guys. The funny part is I slept 5 hrs and 30 mins and I feel like a million bucks.

Maccabee
08-25-09, 2:34 pm
Starting next week I am going to go on a 16 week powerlifting program from this book I bought by Eric Cressey.

Maccabee
08-25-09, 10:13 pm
Flat BB Bench-
95 lbs x 3 reps
135 lbs x 3 reps
185 lbs x 2 reps
225 lbs x 1 rep
245 lbs x 1 rep

Incline BB Bench-
95 lbs x 7 reps
135 lbs x 7 reps
185 lbs x 2 reps
205 lbs x 1 rep PR

Unfortunately I hurt my elbow a little bit when I did the 185 on the incline bench. I lost the form on the second rep. It did not hurt at the time to much but now I feel it more.

This week I will not workout triceps. I do not think it will be a good idea for me to do any pulling also.

My objective now is to heal the left elbow by next sunday when I start my 16 weeks powerliting program.

I will ice it and add on mineral ice before bed.

mcbeast
08-25-09, 10:47 pm
Hope that elbow heals up quick. Good work with the incline benching

Maccabee
08-25-09, 11:19 pm
I hope it heals up well. I dont think I will start the powerlifting program on sunday. I think it will take at least 2 weeks for my elbow to be back to normal.

I can only hope for the best. I cant believe right when I am on a roll I get injured.

mcbeast
08-25-09, 11:20 pm
I hope it heals up well. I dont think I will start the powerlifting program on sunday. I think it will take at least 2 weeks for my elbow to be back to normal.

I can only hope for the best. I cant believe right when I am on a roll I get injured.

Work around it bro. Just make sure you give it ample rest, and ice it frequently.

Maccabee
08-27-09, 12:10 am
Barbell Squat (Powerlifting Style)- parallel
135 x 5
225 x 3
315 x 2
405 x 1
425 x 1
445 x 1
405 x 3
315 x 15 drop 225 x 10 drop 135 x 12 - I would have done more reps for each set but I was having a hard time breathing. Even after the set it took me some time to catch my breath.

Lat Pulldown Rope Crunch- 4 sets x 12-8 reps.

Incline Weighted Sit Up- 3 sets x 10 reps.

High Pulley Cable Side Crunch (learned this move from a Dave Tate article and figured why not give it a try)- 4 sets x 10 reps.

Progress Report:

This week I gained 30 lbs on my raw total. 20 lbs on the bench and 10 lbs on my squat. Who knows what will happen with the deadlifts. I am very happy and pleased.

I am going to start doing cardio again since my ankles healed.

Overall I am losing weight and on my way to weighing 200 lbs by mid september.

Elbow is healing up really well and its only been a day. I will use mineral ice tonight.

If the elbow is up for it I will go for 445 on friday for the deads and see what happens. Peace.

Current total without a belt, knee wraps, or suit is 1125.

My overall goal is to hit 1400 lbs raw without a belt, knee wraps, or suit at 198 lbs bodyweight. Maybe one day I will do a meet.

mcbeast
08-27-09, 12:29 am
Good work. I can understand gear, but why are you so adverse to a belt? Have you ever injured your back before?

Maccabee
08-27-09, 1:08 am
Good work. I can understand gear, but why are you so adverse to a belt? Have you ever injured your back before?

When I first started training I used a belt for every fricken exercise including barbell curls lol. That made my lower back and abs very weak. Eventually that led to lower back problems.

When I got rid of the belt it made those areas stronger which led to no more back pain. When I dont use a belt my abs and lower back get stronger.

I feel its very important that all beginner powerlifters such as myself develop a solid foundation first.

It just pisses me off when I see guys using a belt for 135 lb squats, even 225 lb squats. If you have to use a belt for that kind of weight then your holding yourself back from reaching your potential. Eventually you will rely on the belt for everything else. Its very important to build that foundation first.

When I can squat and deadlift 495 lbs I will begin using a belt.

Maccabee
08-27-09, 8:14 pm
I just saw a documentary on Mexican teens who are trying to cross the US border to find work so that they can live a better life. I was shocked.

Here we are with all this luxury and they just have nothing at all. I was shocked...never saw anything like that in my life. They have it hard.

Maccabee
08-28-09, 8:33 am
Today is the first day of college. My last three classes Business Policy, Accounting, and Karate. Not one of them has anything to do with my major.

I understand the system though. College is just another business.

Basically, today I am having Karate. I never tried it before so it should be fun. I did hear though that there will be a lot of calisthenics and cardio in this class literally for about 100 mins.

I am going to sweat like a beast.

Maccabee
08-29-09, 10:24 pm
This is what I am going to start doing. My new game plan.

Sun- Squat
Mon- Off
Tue- Bench
Wed- Off
Thur- Deadlift
Fri- Off
Sat- Off

I still want to lose more weight my body is not comfortable at 205. Lately, I just cant fricken move. I dont feel alive or comfortable at this weight.

2 mile walk every morning at Flushing Meadow Park, and I will do cardio right after weight lifting.

From this point on my diet is going to be very strict. I will not have any cheat days until I am satisfied with my results.

Maccabee
08-30-09, 6:53 pm
My left elbow is pissing me off and so is my left shoulder. I dont think its something small I can feel the joint/bone stuff in there moving and making those weird clicking sounds.

This pain is very frustrating especially when I have made so much progress.

Now I must begin all over again.

Maccabee
08-31-09, 11:27 pm
The pain is gone. I used epsom salt, ice, and mineral ice.

mcbeast
09-01-09, 12:12 am
The pain is gone. I used epsom salt, ice, and mineral ice.

Glad to hear. Have fun with bench tommorow.

Firedrake
09-01-09, 12:12 am
Good for you -- do take it a LITTLE easy for a day or so to make sure it STAYS gone.

Maccabee
09-01-09, 9:54 am
I decided to test the arm today. There was no pain so what the hell. I warmed up my shoulders very well.

Back

Wide Grip Lat Pulldown- 5 sets x 15-3 reps. Last set 220 lbs x 3 reps (straps).

One Arm HS High Row- 5 sets x 10-3 reps. Last set 5 plates per side x 3 reps (straps).

One Arm HS Medium Row (I have no idea what to call this movement the handle is in front of you right across from your chest in a seated position and you just row)- 5 sets x 10-3 reps. Last set 5 plates per side x 3 reps (straps).

Barbell Shrug- 4 sets x 20-5 reps. Last set 405 lbs x 5 reps (straps).

Strongest Ranges- 4 sets x 3-1 reps. Last set 700 lbs x 1 rep PR (belt and straps).

Two Arm Pulldown- 4 sets x 10-6 reps. Last set 200 lbs x 6 reps (straps).

Biceps

Alt DB Curl- 3 sets x 8-4 reps. Last set 45's x 4 reps.
Hammer Curl- 4 sets x 8-3 reps. Last set 60's x 3 reps.
Reverse DB Curl- 4 sets x 10 reps. Used the 25's.
Preacher Curl- 2 sets x double drop to failure.
Close Grip EZ Bar Curl- I GO/YOU GO method. Basically I did this with a friend until we couldnt do it anymore.

At the end of the workout my shoulder had a little pain in it but its coming along well.

The elbow did not hurt at all but I will see what happens tonight with the presses. I never get pain in the elbow when I do pulling movements.

Also, it is funny as hell how all the bodybuilders in my gym look a lot bigger then me, more veins, etc... and yet I can out lift everyone.

I dont look anything like them. If anyone here saw me for the first time you would think that I never stepped foot in a gym ever. I am just a fat guy who looks to lift heavy. They all think I am taking some thing lol haha.

I love lifting heavy and working with low reps maybe thats why I dont look like a bodybuilder. Oh well!

Time for school. Last semester. I am excited!

BENCHING TONIGHT!

mcbeast
09-01-09, 11:16 am
Heavy workout. Congrats on the pr's. You should consider uploading a picture.

Maccabee
09-01-09, 12:02 pm
Heavy workout. Congrats on the pr's. You should consider uploading a picture.

Dude I have a 40 inch waist LOL. I am not going to post up a picture of that. When I lean out a bit and have a 35 inch waist or less then I might.

Maccabee
09-01-09, 3:08 pm
I found one photo that I saved of me back when we had the ABC's.

This was from the first NYC ABC. I was deadlifting.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/ABCNYC007Small.jpg

Firedrake
09-01-09, 3:14 pm
That was a helluva workout, bro -- I feel ya on the waistline -- mine's still around 39, and it's not going down on this mass program right now.

Maccabee
09-01-09, 10:34 pm
That was a helluva workout, bro -- I feel ya on the waistline -- mine's still around 39, and it's not going down on this mass program right now.

Thank you Firedrake. Its gonna get bigger probably since your bulking...maybe not.

Overall I am going to stay around 200-205 lbs and just become harder.

Maccabee
09-01-09, 10:52 pm
Chest

Warm Up the shoulders with:
Wall Slide- 3 sets x 12
Broomstick stuff- 3 sets x 10
Face Pull- 3 sets x 15-20 (really light)

Incline Barbell Press-
45 lbs x 2 sets x high reps
95 lbs x 5 reps
135 lbs x 5 reps
185 lbs x 1 rep
225 lbs x 0 rep I got it up 3/4 of the way and couldnt lock it out.

Incline Nebula Press this is a machine with two seperate handles-
1 plate per side x 12
2 pps x 12
3 pps x 4 PR drop 2 pps x 5 drop 1 pps x 10

Incline Iso Hammer Strength Press-
1 pps x 12
1 plate and 25 lbs x 5 reps
2 plates x 5 reps PR

Pin Press- this was hard starting from the bottom
95 lbs x 3
135 lbs x 3
185 lbs x 3
205 lbs x 3
225 lbs x 2 PR

Push Up Jump- I just used my own strength to push myself completly off the floor and land into a push up
3 sets x 5 reps

Weighted Dips-
BW x 5
25 lbs x 5
45 lbs x 3 drop bw x 7

My shoulder hurt a little bit towards the end but nothing major. It is improving.

I decided to come down to 198-200 lbs and stay at that weight for a long time. I want to build a great foundation at that bodyweight.

Maccabee
09-02-09, 9:48 am
I feel great right now. I can feel the soreness in my chest, back, and arms.

I am going to hit legs today and then take 3 days off straight and recuperate.

Training will resume on Sunday with Delts.

I am a little behind schedule with my squat strength with a narrow stance. I should be at 345 right now but I am holding at 315. I feel very strong so I am going to see if I can break that record today. I wont do anything crazy like a 30 lb pr but maybe 10-15 lbs and see how that goes.

My Shoulder Issue:

I realized what the problem is again. Every time I squat with the bar low on my traps like a powerlifter should I get these bruises/scabs behind my left shoulder and a little on the right. I noticed every time that happens, I get a small shoulder injury.

So I guess I have to keep the bar a little higher or pack on some more meat on my back.

Maccabee
09-02-09, 10:18 pm
Warm Up- Bike, Dynamic Stretching, Leg Extension, Leg Curl

Squat- Shoulder Width Stance
135 x 5
185 x 2
225 x 1
275 x 1
315 x 1
345 x 1 30 lb PR

Deadlift-
135 x 3
225 x 3
315 x 1
405 x 1
445 x 0
315 x 5
315 x 4
315 x 5

High Cable Rope Crunch (facing away from the lat pulldown machine)- 4 sets x 10 reps

Incline Weighted Sit Ups- 3 sets x 10 reps

Maccabee
09-03-09, 10:06 pm
I was bored so I went to the gym again today...I just went with the flow.

Bench- 4 sets x 25-3 reps. Last set 225 x 3, 135 x 25.

Incline- 3 sets x 5-1 reps.

Military Press- 3 sets x 5-3 reps.

Close Grip EZ Bar Curl- 3 sets x 5-3 reps.

Lying Close Grip EZ Bar Extensions- 3 sets x 5-3 reps.

Bodyweight is hovering at 207 lbs still.

T o m m Y
09-03-09, 10:51 pm
Nice PR dude

Maccabee
09-03-09, 11:30 pm
Thank you. The 315 went up so fast so I just went for it. I am having a blast with my training right now.

Maccabee
09-04-09, 7:04 am
My joints are so stiff. Every movement I make I can hear them wow. I think I need more fats in my diet.

I finally came to the conclusion of what my diet will be like thanks to Mr.Aesthetics. He eats four times a day and so do I. So I asked about his diet and it suits me perfectly as well. So its basically going to be 4 meals and 4 snacks. Only whole foods. Plenty of fruit and veggies for me. Also, a good amount of healthy fats which I really need.

Maccabee
09-04-09, 8:51 am
i bought one of those martial arts uniforms for my class haha. I look really funny in it.

They had to give me a suit that fits a guy who is 6''2 because I weigh 205 lbs lol hahaha.

They told me i was overweight haha.

Maccabee
09-06-09, 6:16 pm
Standing Barbell Overhead Press-
bar x watever
65 x 5
85 x 5
105 x 3
125 x 2
150 x 0
135 x 1
95 x 5 sets x 5 reps

Side Laterals- 5 sets x 10-5 reps

My shoulders were burning severly. I have no idea why. I was in a lot of pain. I never felt such pain before in my life. Crazy shoulder workout. Peace.

I am having so many issues with my split its pissing me off. Shit just keeps coming up.

I am just gonna go with the flow.

Firedrake
09-06-09, 8:47 pm
Keep pushing through that burn! It's good for you! <grin>

Maccabee
09-06-09, 9:44 pm
Keep pushing through that burn! It's good for you! <grin>

lol I had a fat smile on my face after that shoulder workout. I was really proud of myself. It was only two exercises but I made it so efficient and effective that the pain was just unbearable.

Maccabee
09-07-09, 12:28 pm
Box Squat- 6 sets x 5-3 reps x 2 second hold on the box. Last set 315 lbs x 3 reps.

Walking Lunges- 3 sets x 10-12 steps up and back down. Last set 40 lbs x 12 steps up and back.

Standing Calve Raise- 4 sets x 12-6 reps. Last set half the stack x 6 reps.

Weighting Incline Sit Ups- 4 sets x 10-6 reps. Last set 45 lbs on the face x 6 reps then a triple drop x 6 reps.

45 mins in total

Cardio- I googled the distance and apparently I walk .6 miles to the gym and back home. Thats 1.2 miles. So from now on I will just walk to the gym for the cardio.

Also, I will be training solo from now on. It does not look like my training partner will come back. In the past two weeks he showed up once or twice.

mcbeast
09-07-09, 3:49 pm
Good work. Sorry to hear about your partner. This is the path less traveled, not everyones ready for it.

Maccabee
09-07-09, 10:11 pm
Good work. Sorry to hear about your partner. This is the path less traveled, not everyones ready for it.

It was meant to be. He has another journey.

T o m m Y
09-07-09, 10:17 pm
Nice box squat homie

Firedrake
09-07-09, 11:16 pm
It was meant to be. He has another journey.

That may be, and you can appreciate the time he shared his with you. Move on your path, and perhaps someone else can join you for a time. It's odd; there are so few of us, it seems, who crave this life, that finding those of like mind is both rare and a joy.

You put in some good work, nonetheless! Keep pushing!

Maccabee
09-08-09, 12:01 am
That may be, and you can appreciate the time he shared his with you. Move on your path, and perhaps someone else can join you for a time. It's odd; there are so few of us, it seems, who crave this life, that finding those of like mind is both rare and a joy.

You put in some good work, nonetheless! Keep pushing!

I agree. I enjoyed every moment we shared. It was more then just lifting weights for us it was all about improving our lives in other areas as well. I am sure he will still come to the gym just maybe not at the same intensity as us.

In my gym out of hundreds I know only of maybe 5 guys who live this way. One thing that amazed me most is that its more then just physical for us. Yes the action and movements are physical, but we take that energy and put into other areas of life. I truly love the way I live. I am having the best time of my life now.

I believe in a balanced life. Mind, Body, and Soul. If one becomes stronger then the other then you are just dieng. If you maximize one only then your just dieng as well. Its very important to have all three.

IMO

Maccabee
09-08-09, 12:04 am
Here is my new plan. I believe this will give me a good chance to recuperate and keep my joints healthier.

Squat
Week One- Wide Stance Squat Powerlifting Style
Week Two- Olympic Squat (Focus more on a close stance)

Deadlift
Week One- Deadlift
Week Two- Shrugs, hyperextensions, Rows, etc...

Bench
Week One- Barbell Bench
Week Two- Dumbbell Bench

Overhead Press
Week One- Standing Overhead Barbell Press
Week Two- Dumbbell Presses

All the training in week one will end with a heavy triple. On the second week I will do no less then 6 reps and focus on higher reps. This has worked well in the past for me.

Firedrake
09-08-09, 12:53 am
I agree. I enjoyed every moment we shared. It was more then just lifting weights for us it was all about improving our lives in other areas as well. I am sure he will still come to the gym just maybe not at the same intensity as us.

In my gym out of hundreds I know only of maybe 5 guys who live this way. One thing that amazed me most is that its more then just physical for us. Yes the action and movements are physical, but we take that energy and put into other areas of life. I truly love the way I live. I am having the best time of my life now.

I believe in a balanced life. Mind, Body, and Soul. If one becomes stronger then the other then you are just dieng. If you maximize one only then your just dieng as well. Its very important to have all three.

IMO

I -do- understand. At 55, my life is more centered and more balanced than it has been in years. I have time for my spirit, my body and my mind, and, while I -am- spending a lot of time focused on my training and support efforts, it's because it's paying huge benefits elsewhere.

I'm also very lucky that the new lady I'm interested in is supportive of my efforts and more than willing for me to spend the time to get what I want done in the gym. This is a first for me -- my wife of 23 years couldn't handle the time I wanted to spend OR the diet I wanted to maintain, and I compromised and let her get away with it for too many years.

That looks like a good structure for your plan! Good luck!

Maccabee
09-08-09, 11:59 am
I -do- understand. At 55, my life is more centered and more balanced than it has been in years. I have time for my spirit, my body and my mind, and, while I -am- spending a lot of time focused on my training and support efforts, it's because it's paying huge benefits elsewhere.

I'm also very lucky that the new lady I'm interested in is supportive of my efforts and more than willing for me to spend the time to get what I want done in the gym. This is a first for me -- my wife of 23 years couldn't handle the time I wanted to spend OR the diet I wanted to maintain, and I compromised and let her get away with it for too many years.

That looks like a good structure for your plan! Good luck!

I am very happy for you. I hope I can find a girl like that one day. I understand how difficult it for women to live with people like us, but their is some one for every one. I am glad you found yours. I have a lot of respect for people like you.

Maccabee
09-08-09, 9:56 pm
Flat Dumbbell Bench Press- 5 sets x 15-4 reps. Last set 100's x 4 reps PR.

Pin Press- 4 sets x 5 reps. Last set 225 lbs x 5 reps PR.

Weighted Dips- 3 sets x 12-2 reps. Last set 2 plates x 2 deep reps, drop 1 plate x 3 reps, drop BW x 12 reps.

One Arm Hammer Curl- 4 sets x 10-3 reps. Last set 70 lbs x 3 reps.

Dumbbell Wrist Curl- 3 sets x 10-5 reps. Last set 50 lbs x 5 reps.

Progress Report:

Overall 225 lbs is beginning to feel really light. My goal was to hit the 100's x 6 reps but I was only able to reach 4.

Tomorrow I will focus on my back and have a high rep day with a lot of dumbbell rowing, pull ups, hyperextensions, and abs.

Maccabee
09-08-09, 10:01 pm
I am really happy with my benching lately.

Last year around November I was able to hit 245 lbs at a bodyweight of 225 lbs.

Now with 3 months training after my 8 month lay off I can hit 245 lbs at a bodyweight of 205 lbs.

Firedrake
09-08-09, 10:46 pm
Nice work -- I see I need to step up my hammer curls some what, and my benching is STILL a weak point. I'm barely clearing 225 for reps at a weight of 244! And I can't even do ONE 45 lb. plate on dips yet . . .

You're driving me!

Maccabee
09-08-09, 11:04 pm
Nice work -- I see I need to step up my hammer curls some what, and my benching is STILL a weak point. I'm barely clearing 225 for reps at a weight of 244! And I can't even do ONE 45 lb. plate on dips yet . . .

You're driving me!

Hammer curls have helped me a lot with my bench. The more I do them the better my elbows feel.

Dips are awesome I never do them with a wide grip it puts my shoulders in a vulnerable position, but these also help me with my bench.

End your barbell bench sessions with a heavy triple or 5 reps. You know how its done. You've been in the game long enough.

Most of all you motivate me a lot more. Most guys at your age dont even train to stay healthy and here you are giving it all. One day I wish to reach your level and I am serious about that.

Maccabee
09-08-09, 11:07 pm
Post workout meal- forgot to post this one.

8 oz steak
1/2 cup rice dry measure
1 whole avacadoe
1 cup of green beans

Damn was I hungry. I still feel like I can eat more, but I dont want to overeat.

GOOD NIGHT EVERYONE! You all inspire me to work harder everyday.

I feel so happy. My life is awesome now. I am so fortunate to have lived this day. I hope to be blessed with another day tomorrow. Good night.

Maccabee
09-09-09, 9:43 pm
I injured myself today during a heavy set of rack pulls. My lower back is done.

I needed help from a friend to lie me down and then I needed his help to get back up. I rested on the floor for about 15 mins.

On my way home I had to stop every few seconds because my lower back hurt to much.

I was laughing the whole time during my walk home because people in my gym, they dont like people like us. They all saw me get injured...they all had that look on their face that spoke words to me such as "lifting heavy is dangerous, lifting heavy gets you injured, thats what happens when you do rack deads, squats, being a powerlifter is stupid, and most of all I TOLD YOU SO etc...".

I kept laughing harder and harder as I walked down the streets of queens and people in the street thought I lost my mind. I have a secret...a plan that nobody knows about. That plan is to deadlift 700 off the floor one day.

I will stop at nothing. I WILL achieve that goal.

I am happy for this challenge. I embrace it. I love it now.

1. Most likely I will need about 1-2 weeks until the pain goes away and until I regain full mobility in my lower back.

2. On week 2-3 depending on how I feel I will begin doing dynamic stretches.

3. By next month I should be ready to start lifting heavy again.

This is only a guess of course. If I can lift heavy tomorrow I would. But this is the worst pain I ever felt in my lower back so I know this will take some time.

I cant go to a doctor because I dont have insurance nor can I afford it in any way. I have no money at all.

Today was a great day!

I am on the couch now and still in pain. I am acting next to my parents as if nothing is happening to me lol. I dont want them to worry.

I usually sleep on the floor but thats impossible for tonight. I am going to sleep on the couch because thats as low as I can bend...not even. I will have to throw myself on the couch. I know tomorrow morning it will be much worst.

mcbeast
09-09-09, 9:57 pm
Been there done that, last summer to be exact. Ice and lots of it. Anti-Inflammatorys as well. Also look up every lower back stretch known to man. I actually hurt myself doing rack pulls once as well. Try and heal up bro. Gym aint goin anywhere

Maccabee
09-10-09, 12:18 am
Nice box squat homie

Thanks bro.

Maccabee
09-10-09, 12:23 am
I have a feeling that I am going to get very fat this month without all the training.

I am going to try and do some type of cardio to stay lean.

Maccabee
09-10-09, 12:22 pm
I am going to buy a foam roller. Its about time lol.

Maccabee
09-11-09, 5:34 pm
Karate was a pain in the ass today. Lower back is pissing me off. I cant even sit or lie down normally to relax.

Firedrake
09-11-09, 5:44 pm
Take care of that low back! I didn't, and wound up needing a foot-long titanium cage installed back there. Is there maybe a local college that has chiropractic classes? If so, you may be able to get treatment for free!

charlievanriper
09-11-09, 5:48 pm
Dude major sorry to here about the injury, let it heal and get back in the game bro low back injuries suck dude.

I injured myself today during a heavy set of rack pulls. My lower back is done.

I needed help from a friend to lie me down and then I needed his help to get back up. I rested on the floor for about 15 mins.

On my way home I had to stop every few seconds because my lower back hurt to much.

I was laughing the whole time during my walk home because people in my gym, they dont like people like us. They all saw me get injured...they all had that look on their face that spoke words to me such as "lifting heavy is dangerous, lifting heavy gets you injured, thats what happens when you do rack deads, squats, being a powerlifter is stupid, and most of all I TOLD YOU SO etc...".

I kept laughing harder and harder as I walked down the streets of queens and people in the street thought I lost my mind. I have a secret...a plan that nobody knows about. That plan is to deadlift 700 off the floor one day.

I will stop at nothing. I WILL achieve that goal.

I am happy for this challenge. I embrace it. I love it now.

1. Most likely I will need about 1-2 weeks until the pain goes away and until I regain full mobility in my lower back.

2. On week 2-3 depending on how I feel I will begin doing dynamic stretches.

3. By next month I should be ready to start lifting heavy again.

This is only a guess of course. If I can lift heavy tomorrow I would. But this is the worst pain I ever felt in my lower back so I know this will take some time.

I cant go to a doctor because I dont have insurance nor can I afford it in any way. I have no money at all.

Today was a great day!

I am on the couch now and still in pain. I am acting next to my parents as if nothing is happening to me lol. I dont want them to worry.

I usually sleep on the floor but thats impossible for tonight. I am going to sleep on the couch because thats as low as I can bend...not even. I will have to throw myself on the couch. I know tomorrow morning it will be much worst.

charlievanriper
09-11-09, 5:53 pm
Nice work on the Hammer curls dude 70 lb DB's are awesome

Flat Dumbbell Bench Press- 5 sets x 15-4 reps. Last set 100's x 4 reps PR.

Pin Press- 4 sets x 5 reps. Last set 225 lbs x 5 reps PR.

Weighted Dips- 3 sets x 12-2 reps. Last set 2 plates x 2 deep reps, drop 1 plate x 3 reps, drop BW x 12 reps.

One Arm Hammer Curl- 4 sets x 10-3 reps. Last set 70 lbs x 3 reps.

Dumbbell Wrist Curl- 3 sets x 10-5 reps. Last set 50 lbs x 5 reps.

Progress Report:

Overall 225 lbs is beginning to feel really light. My goal was to hit the 100's x 6 reps but I was only able to reach 4.

Tomorrow I will focus on my back and have a high rep day with a lot of dumbbell rowing, pull ups, hyperextensions, and abs.

Maccabee
09-12-09, 9:17 pm
Take care of that low back! I didn't, and wound up needing a foot-long titanium cage installed back there. Is there maybe a local college that has chiropractic classes? If so, you may be able to get treatment for free!

I will definately look into that. Thanks.

Dude major sorry to here about the injury, let it heal and get back in the game bro low back injuries suck dude.

Nice work on the Hammer curls dude 70 lb DB's are awesome

Thank you. My lower back is feeling a lot better.

Maccabee
09-13-09, 11:20 pm
I was just watching a holocaust movie called Schindler's List. I was unable to contain myself and I had to stop watching.

mcbeast
09-13-09, 11:29 pm
I was just watching a holocaust movie called Schindler's List. I was unable to contain myself and I had to stop watching.

Never saw it. The boy in the striped pajamas is pretty disturbing as well.

Maccabee
09-14-09, 1:21 am
Never saw it. The boy in the striped pajamas is pretty disturbing as well.

I saw that one as well. All the holocaust movies are disturbing and sad. I have seen my fair share and cried to some.

Being a Jew myself I can not imagine what would of happened to me if I lived in Germany at that time...probably the same result of which my brothers and sisters faced. May they rest in peace.

mcbeast
09-14-09, 1:32 am
I saw that one as well. All the holocaust movies are disturbing and sad. I have seen my fair share and cried to some.

Being a Jew myself I can not imagine what would of happened to me if I lived in Germany at that time...probably the same result of which my brothers and sisters faced. May they rest in peace.

Despite our religious difference i feel for you. Watching that movie made me think of what the war was really all about. It infuriated me actually.

Maccabee
09-14-09, 1:23 pm
Despite our religious difference i feel for you. Watching that movie made me think of what the war was really all about. It infuriated me actually.

I feel for everyone. It was not just Jews who got hit hard. Millions upon millions died.

Maccabee
09-14-09, 3:36 pm
Back
Lat Pulldown- 3 x 10-6
HS High Row- 4 x 12-6
BB Shrug- 3 x 8-3

Bicep
DB Curl- 3 x 10-6
DB Hammer Curl- 3 x 10-6
Machine Preacher Curl- 3 x 10-6

Boxing- 20 mins

Maccabee
09-14-09, 11:05 pm
I didnt give a damn how my back was. I came in today and I unleashed all hell and it was painful.

Chest

Flat Bench Press-
45 x 15
95 x 5
135 x 5
185 x 1
225 x 1
255 x 1 PR I cant wait to hold 315 in my hands and crush it.
225 x 5 Pr for reps
225 x 3
225 x 2
135 x 20

Incline Barbell Press-
45 x 10
95 x 10
135 x 7
185 x 2
135 x 20

Incline Machine Press- Two seperate Handles
1 plate x 15
2 plates x 8
3 plates x 2 drop 2 plates x 4 drop 1 plate x faillure drop 25 lbs each side x failure drop 10 lbs x failure drop to just the handles x failure

Floor Press
135 lbs x 5 sets x 5 reps

Machine fly- 4 sets x 15-4 reps

Cable Crossover- 4 sets x 10-6 reps

Shoulder inner and outer rotator rotations

mcbeast
09-14-09, 11:08 pm
Damn kid, crushin these weights. Good work on the PR

Firedrake
09-15-09, 12:59 am
Great looking work -- I know what you mean about wanting that 315 -- but then, I just managed to get 225, so it'll be a while.

Great looking back day, too!

Maccabee
09-15-09, 11:39 am
Damn kid, crushin these weights. Good work on the PR

Thanks bro. It was a tough workout but only because of lower back.

Great looking work -- I know what you mean about wanting that 315 -- but then, I just managed to get 225, so it'll be a while.

Great looking back day, too!

You can get their faster then you think. Plus your hitting 225 for reps so just go for a heavy triple that will get you stronger.

Maccabee
09-15-09, 11:48 am
Right now its been about 6 days since my lower back injury.

I can finally walk without having to pause every few minutes.

Sitting on a chair is much easier now, however it still feels slightly weird.

The best part is that the pain is gone.

I did a light back workout two days ago which was fine. My lower back got stiff from last nights workout but nothing to crazy.

I will start doing more mobility exercises for the hips, lower back, and some glute activation. This has helped in the past.

Pressing exercises are not a problem for me. I will do a light quad workout this week. On my hamstring day I will focus on light weight and getting as much blood as possible into my lower back as well.

I think by next week I should be back to normal. I am healing faster then I expected.

Maccabee
09-15-09, 11:46 pm
My lower back was so damn tight tonight.

Barbell Squat (Wide Stance)- 135 x 20, 225 x 5, 315 x 3, 365 x 1, 405 x 1, 425 x 1, 315 x 7

Leg Press- 200 x 15, 400 x 12, 600 x 12, 800 x 10, 1070 x 8, 1250 x 5, 1430 x 2

Hanging Leg Raises- ?? x 10-8 I just kept going until I got tired.

When ever I do ab exercises I always feel my hip area joint making those weird click sounds.

Maccabee
09-16-09, 11:18 pm
Wide Grip Lat Pulldown
Close Grip Lat Pulldown
HS High Row
HS Low Row
Chest Supported T-Bar Row
Bent Over Two Arm Dumbbell Rows
Barbell Rows
One Arm Dumbbell Rows
Machine Pullover
Cable Pullover
Seated Cable Row
Two Armed Rope Pulldown
Face Pulls

Did about 5-3 sets per movement. Worked with all rep ranges. The standing exercises hit my lower back most but I still managed. I was soaking wet.

The craziest back workout of my life in regards to the volume. I went super fast and had no mercy on myself.

I am NOT KIDDING when I say this but I really had no idea how many exercises I did until I sat down now to think through the whole thing.

I didnt go light either. I went as heavy as possible.

Post Workout Meal:
200 grams of carbs- basmati rice
100 grams of protein- beef and eggs

I feel normal right now. I dont feel stuffed and I didnt overeat. I realize now I can consume the most calories after my workout and in the am. I am going to take advantage of that from now on.

Maccabee
09-17-09, 10:40 pm
Triceps

Pulldown- 5 sets x 20-10 reps

Close Grip Bench Press-
45 x ??
95 x 5
135 x 5
185 x 3
225 x 1
265 x 0 I had full control on the way down and got it 3 inches up and got stuck their. Next week 2 board.

Weighted Dips
BW x 5
45 lbs x 5
90 lbs x 3 full deep ass reps PR! baby

mcbeast
09-17-09, 11:53 pm
Looking great in here Danny. Im betting 250 for a double is all yours on CGB..

Maccabee
09-18-09, 12:49 am
Looking great in here Danny. Im betting 250 for a double is all yours on CGB..

Thanks bro. I feel like I was hit by a truck. I am sore from head to toe.

T o m m Y
09-18-09, 12:57 am
Triceps

Close Grip Bench Press-
45 x ??
95 x 5
135 x 5
185 x 3
225 x 1
265 x 0 I had full control on the way down and got it 3 inches up and got stuck their. Next week 2 board.

Weighted Dips
BW x 5
45 lbs x 5

Good shit dude,you will get it next time! ha im doing 2 board next week as well,im going for a 3RM..

Firedrake
09-18-09, 1:00 am
Wide Grip Lat Pulldown
Close Grip Lat Pulldown
HS High Row
HS Low Row
Chest Supported T-Bar Row
Bent Over Two Arm Dumbbell Rows
Barbell Rows
One Arm Dumbbell Rows
Machine Pullover
Cable Pullover
Seated Cable Row
Two Armed Rope Pulldown
Face Pulls

Did about 5-3 sets per movement. Worked with all rep ranges. The standing exercises hit my lower back most but I still managed. I was soaking wet.

The craziest back workout of my life in regards to the volume. I went super fast and had no mercy on myself.

I am NOT KIDDING when I say this but I really had no idea how many exercises I did until I sat down now to think through the whole thing.

I didnt go light either. I went as heavy as possible.

Post Workout Meal:
200 grams of carbs- basmati rice
100 grams of protein- beef and eggs

I feel normal right now. I dont feel stuffed and I didnt overeat. I realize now I can consume the most calories after my workout and in the am. I am going to take advantage of that from now on.

I am really surprised at this volume and weight after your low back problems. You're either crazy, or really freakish! I vote for freakish!

Triceps

Close Grip Bench Press-
45 x ??
95 x 5
135 x 5
185 x 3
225 x 1

Weighted Dips
BW x 5
45 lbs x 5

Sweet work on those triceps!

Maccabee
09-18-09, 1:15 am
I feel like my body is falling apart. I am having the same issues again like in the past with my hip and left shoulder.

The good news is I am getting insurance soon. I will be able to go to a physical therapist and hopefully fix everything.

Maccabee
09-18-09, 1:17 am
Good shit dude,you will get it next time! ha im doing 2 board next week as well,im going for a 3RM..

Same here bro.

I am really surprised at this volume and weight after your low back problems. You're either crazy, or really freakish! I vote for freakish!

Sweet work on those triceps!

Thanks bro. I have no idea why I did that. Every fuckin joint in my body hurts. I really pushed myself to the max this past month.

I am going to take fri and saturday off.

I need to devise a new plan for my training.

Maccabee
09-22-09, 12:28 am
Wall Slides
Dumbbell Shoulder Warm Ups

Flat BB Bench
45 x 30
25 x 5
135 x 3
155 x 3
175 x 3
195 x 1
225 x 1
245 x 1
265 x 2 forced reps controlled it on the negative on my own. Got it up like 3 inches and got stuck.
225 x 3
225 x 2
225 x 2
135 x 15

Seated Military Press
45 x 10
65 x 5
95 x 3
115 x 3
135 x 3

Weighted Dips
25 lbs x 5
45 lbs x 5
70 x 3
90 x 4 PR
90 x 3
90 x 2
90 x 2
90 x 1 drop 70 x 3 drop 45 x 3 drop 25 x 2 drop 10 x 4 drop BW x 5

Side Laterals
20's x 10
30's x 8
40's x 6
50's x 3 + 2 forced reps

Flat Bench Flyes
20's x 20
40's x 10
60's x 6

Forearm and Ab Stuff

Great workout. My training partner came back. He really hurt his back. He is having hip issues. Got to put him on some dynamic stretching and see how he reacts to it.

Bench Report:

My benching is right on schedule. Right now 245 is starting to feel lighter. I wanted to do Board Presses but it did not workout because I thought I was gonna be training solo. Since my training partner is back then next week I may do it.

T o m m Y
09-22-09, 12:29 am
Wall Slides

Flat BB Bench
45 x 30
25 x 5
135 x 3
155 x 3
175 x 3
195 x 1
225 x 1
245 x 1
265 x 2 forced reps controlled it on the negative on my own. Got it up like 3 inches and got stuck.
225 x 3
225 x 2
225 x 2
135 x 15

Seated Military Press
45 x 10
65 x 5
95 x 3
115 x 3
135 x 3

Weighted Dips
25 lbs x 5
45 lbs x 5
70 x 3
90 x 4 PR
90 x 3
90 x 2
90 x 2

Side Laterals
20's x 10
30's x 8
40's x 6
50's x 3 + 2 forced reps

Flat Bench Flyes
20's x 20
40's x 10
60's x 6

Forearm and Ab Stuff

Great workout. My training partner came back. He really hurt his back. He is having hip issues. Got to put him on some dynamic stretching and see how he reacts to it.

Bench Report:

My benching is right on schedule. Right now 245 is starting to feel lighter. I wanted to do Board Presses but it did not workout because I thought I was gonna be training solo. Since my training partner is back then next week I may do it.

Nice pressing dude!
Strong dips too.

Maccabee
09-22-09, 8:25 am
Thank you. Dips are really good. Since I started doing them with weights my bench started improving more.

squattingtillipuke
09-22-09, 1:16 pm
Wall Slides

Flat BB Bench
45 x 30
25 x 5
135 x 3
155 x 3
175 x 3
195 x 1
225 x 1
245 x 1
225 x 3
225 x 2
225 x 2
135 x 15

Seated Military Press
45 x 10
65 x 5
95 x 3
115 x 3
135 x 3

Weighted Dips
25 lbs x 5
45 lbs x 5
70 x 3
90 x 4 PR
90 x 3
90 x 2
90 x 2

Side Laterals
20's x 10
30's x 8
40's x 6
50's x 3 + 2 forced reps

Flat Bench Flyes
20's x 20
40's x 10
60's x 6

Forearm and Ab Stuff

Bench Report:

Very interesting workout today...like it...aggressive and full of a shit load of weight! keep up the good work

Maccabee
09-22-09, 2:08 pm
Thank you. My training partner and I just went with the flow and it got pretty crazy for the both of us.

Firedrake
09-22-09, 2:22 pm
Good looking pressing with some impressive volume. I'm having the same experience with the improvement in dips helping the benching, but I need to work on the off-the-chest strength more.

Great work!

Maccabee
09-22-09, 2:59 pm
Good looking pressing with some impressive volume. I'm having the same experience with the improvement in dips helping the benching, but I need to work on the off-the-chest strength more.

Great work!

Thanks bro. I used to have the same problem. I started benching in a power rack starting from the bottom. It helped.

Maccabee
09-22-09, 10:57 pm
Upper Back- For my last set on each exercise I used straps.

Lat Pulldown- 5 sets x 10-4 reps. Last set 240 lbs x 4 reps.

HS High Row- 5 sets x 10-3 reps. Last set 5 plates per side x 3 reps.

Barbell Rows- 5 sets x 10-3 reps. Last set 315 lbs x 3 reps.

Barbell Shrugs- 4 sets x 10-5 reps. Last set 405 lbs x 5 reps.

T-Bar Rows- 6 sets x 15-3 reps. Last set 6 plates x 3 reps.

Then I went crazy:

Seated Hammer Strength Medium Row Super set with Barbell Rows- 4 sets x 15-6 reps.

Seated Hammer Strength Low Row Over hand Grip then under hand grip then nuetral hammer grip all to failure superset with wide grip pull ups then medium grip pull ups then to close grip pull ups ALL TO FAILURE

Two Arm Lat Pulldown regular grip then hammer grip then reverse grip super set with High Pulley SEated Rope Rows- All to FAILURE then for the last set I DID A MEGA DROP SET.

My back is pumped. A friend of mine joined from T-bar Rows until the end. Training was crazy. Some times I feel like a VOLUME FREAK. PEACE.

mcbeast
09-22-09, 11:00 pm
Good stuff dan!

Maccabee
09-22-09, 11:38 pm
Post workout meal

Chicken, Vegetables, Potatoes

Maccabee
09-22-09, 11:39 pm
Good stuff dan!

Thanks bro. I am so tired. I am going to go lie down in the tub and let water go on me because I am to damn tired to stand.

mcbeast
09-22-09, 11:40 pm
Thanks bro. I am so tired. I am going to go lie down in the tub and let water go on me because I am to damn tired to stand.

Been there many a time..High volume will decomission you for a bit..lol

Maccabee
09-23-09, 1:08 am
Yea your right. I feel great now though lol.

Maccabee
09-23-09, 1:09 am
I just saw Kai Greene on musculardevelopment.com...mind over matter. You have to see that. Kai is a huge inspiration for myself. My entire mental approach to life has changed.

Maccabee
09-23-09, 1:18 am
Kai Greene inspires me so much. Here are my new goals.

LONG TERM GOALS

Bodyweight: About 220 lbs in tip top shape
Squat (shoulder width stance)- 500 lbs
Deadlift (conventional)- 600 lbs
Bench- 400 lbs
Standing Military Press- 300 lbs

CURRENTLY

Bodyweight: 205 lbs and I am in the crappiest shape of my life. 41 inch waist.
Squat- 345 lbs
Deadlift- 445 lbs
Bench- 245 lbs
Standing Military Press- 245 lbs

Going to start adding cardio into my routine.

I get realy strong training 3-4 times a week so thats what I will do. Lets get it on.

Tomorrow I will be squatting.

mcbeast
09-23-09, 1:20 am
You can strict overhead press 245?!

Good goals.

Maccabee
09-23-09, 10:25 am
You can strict overhead press 245?!

Good goals.

Oh hell no thats a mistake. It should say 145 lol haha. I wish I can do 245 lol.

mcbeast
09-23-09, 9:10 pm
Oh hell no thats a mistake. It should say 145 lol haha. I wish I can do 245 lol.

Haha oh!

Maccabee
09-24-09, 12:05 am
First time squatting since I hurt my lower back.

Warm Ups- Dynamic stretching and cardio

Squat- 6 sets x 10-1 reps. Last set 315 lbs x 1.

Box Squat- 3 sets x 7-4 reps. Last set 315 lbs x 4 reps. Paused on the bottom.

Stationary Lunges- 3 sets x 10-5 reps. Last set 80's x 5 each leg.

Old School Nautilus Leg Extension Machine (goes up to 400 lbs)- 5 sets x 20-5 reps. Last set 250 lbs x 5 reps. My goal is to do 400 one day lol.

Leg Press- 3 sets x 110-100 reps. Light weight + controlled reps = nasty burn lol haha...at least for me it does.

Ski Squat- to failure 3 sets. Dont know how long I just went as long as I could.

Some calves.

No cardio cause its leg day.

The volume is so high for me this week lol. I can literally see my upper body getting thicker by the week. Its not even funny. I am just getting thicker.

mcbeast
09-24-09, 12:09 am
Thick is good! Keep up the good work bro.

Maccabee
09-24-09, 11:23 pm
Biceps

Dumbbell Curls- 4 sets x 20-6 reps. Last set 50's x 6 reps.

Close Grip EZ Bar Curl- 3 sets x 15-4 reps. Last set 110 lbs x 4 reps followed by a double drop.

Chin Ups- 4 sets x 12-3 reps. Last set 70 lbs x 3 reps.

Preacher Curls- 1 set only with a double drop. 2 second hold, 6 seconds on the way up, 2 second hold at the top, then 6 seconds on the way down. I think this is called BFT.

Triceps

Pulldown- 3 sets x 20-10 reps. Last set 150 lbs x 10 reps.

Pressdown- 3 sets x 10 reps. Last set 295 lbs x 10 reps.

Close Grip Bench Press- 4 sets x 3-1 reps. Last set 245 x 1 reps.

Machine Dips- 1 set Mega Drop Set to failure.

30 mins later Protein Shake- I found a kosher one lol finally.

30 mins later- 6 eggs, turkey slices, 7 slices of bread, 1 tomatoe, and romain lettuce

Maccabee
09-25-09, 10:46 am
First time deadlifting since the low back injury.

I didnt push it to hard. Slowly getting back into it. I have to be patient.

Deadlift-
135 x 5
225 x 3
315 x 1 this felt heavy

Seated Leg Curl- 3 sets x 10 reps.

Lying Leg Curl- 3 sets x 10 reps.

GM's- these felt weird.

Wow I did not feel strong in this workout at all. My deadlift must improve.

mcbeast
09-25-09, 11:40 am
Give yourself time to heal Dan. It will come back, dont worry.

Maccabee
09-25-09, 12:06 pm
Your right. I just have to take it slow on the deads.

Maccabee
09-27-09, 5:51 pm
Back, Biceps, Forearms

Lat Pulldown- 5 sets x 15-7 reps.

Standing Cable Pullover- 3 sets x 12-8 reps.

Seated Nautilus Pullover Machine- 3 sets x 15-10 reps.

Reverse Grip Lat Pulldown- 4 sets x 15-10 reps.

Reverse DB Curl- 3 sets x 10-8 reps.

Hammer DB Curl- 3 sets x 10-8 reps.

Barbell Curl- a lot of sets and reps just burning them up

Fore arm Stuff

DONE

Gym is closed tomorrow due to Jewish Holiday..Yom Kippur. I will be fasting from 6:20pm until tomorrow after sunset since I am Jewish.

By the way I ate like a Bear today lol.

Peace

Maccabee
09-28-09, 9:31 pm
The fast went by very well. I didnt have a problem fasting for 25 hrs I wasnt even hungry at all.

Maccabee
09-28-09, 9:56 pm
I am going to start doing a lot of cardio starting tomorrow. Probably twice a day. I want to get leaner.

I have nothing else to do also. I dont have a job anymore.

Maccabee
09-29-09, 10:26 pm
Flat BB Bench Press-
45 x 20
95 x 10
135 x 5
185 x 3
225 x 1
245 x 1
265 x 0 I had full control on the way down and then I got stuck half way up. My spotter moved it up an inch and it flew.

Weighted Dips-
45 lbs x 5
70 lbs x 3
90 lbs x 1
115 lbs x 1 PR 25 lb PR- The most I ever did was 90 and it went up easy. So I said to myself no victory without risk and then I smoked it.

Cable Pressdown-
150 x 10
190 x 10
250 x 10

One Arm Extensions-
25 x 10
30 x 8
35 x 4

I am getting closer and closer to 315 lbs.

Maccabee
10-01-09, 12:21 am
AM Workout-

Leg Extensions SS Leg Curl- 2 sets x 20 reps

Barbell Squat- 5 sets x 15-5 reps. Last set 315 lbs x 5 reps PR.

Deadlift- 5 sets x 5-0 reps. Last set 405 x 1, 455 x 0.

PM Workout-

Standing Barbell Press- 5 sets x 12-1 rep. Last set 140 lbs x 1 rep.

Seated Dumbbell Press- 4 sets x 20-5 reps. Last set 65's x 5 reps.

Front Raise- 4 sets x 12-5 reps. Last set 50's x 5 reps.

Side Lateral- 4 sets x 12-5 reps. Last set 40's x 5 reps.

BO Lateral- 4 sets x 12-5 reps. Last set 55's x 5 reps.

Big Ant 6 Way Raise- 3 sets x 10 reps.

Scarecrows- 3 sets x 10 reps.

Hang Clean- 4 sets x 5-1 reps. Last set 185 lbs x 1 reps.

Boxing- 20 mins punching the bag.