PDA

View Full Version : BCAAs, EAAs, and Nitro

Mo'
07-17-09, 5:17 am
Hey fellas,

I know this is not a new topic, but can someone enlighten about the different amino acids? I use Nitro religiously but wasn't sure if it contains all the BCAAs and EAAs. I'm a bit confused.

Thanks,

Mo'

J-Dawg
07-17-09, 8:55 am
Hey fellas,

I know this is not a new topic, but can someone enlighten about the different amino acids? I use Nitro religiously but wasn't sure if it contains all the BCAAs and EAAs. I'm a bit confused.

Thanks,

Mo'

Hey Mo', Nitro is a complete EAA supplement and being that BCAAs are EAAs, it does indeed contain 'em both. Here's a good read about Nitro: http://animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=177&section=packs

CuttDeez
07-17-09, 8:58 am
Nitros got it bro bro!

Wasteland
07-17-09, 9:23 am
Hey fellas,

Thanks,

Mo'

Animal Nitro contains all the EAA. BCAA are are a sub-set of EAA, in other words, the three BCAA (leucine, isoleucine, and valine) are also EAA.

Here's a pretty complete thread on the differences between EAA and BCAA: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=2162&highlight=EAA+BCAA

t_mh
07-17-09, 3:03 pm
While we're on the subject, since Intra-Aid has twice the amount of aminos are Nitro does that make nitro unnecessary? Am I missing something?

CuttDeez
07-17-09, 3:10 pm
While we're on the subject, since Intra-Aid has twice the amount of aminos are Nitro does that make nitro unnecessary? Am I missing something?

Well they are both trying to do different things and intra contains protein which helps the amino boost. but intra is trying to give you energy and keep you anabolic. Nitro is trying to prepare your muscles both pre and post for maximum muscular gains by preparing your muscles for protein absorbtion and recovery.

However having said that you might not need all of it.

t_mh
07-17-09, 3:20 pm
But what actually makes them different? Nitro is essentially just a pack of pills with aminos isn't it?

Wasteland
07-17-09, 3:26 pm
But what actually makes them different? Nitro is essentially just a pack of pills with aminos isn't it?

Animal Nitro is a "pack" filled with capsules which contain free form amino acids, specifically, essential amino acids. The ratio of EAA in Nitro is based on human muscle protein, which many of the EAA studies utilized as well.

Intra-Aid is a complete intra-workout product that contains protein, carbs and free form aminos that is true, including EAA.

To me, Animal Nitro is just EAA, so you can use it anytime (pre-, intra-, post-workout), whereas because Intra-Aid has carbohydrates, this may limit one's use (depending on one's goals/diet).

During the workout, Intra-Aid would generally be superior to Animal Nitro.

CuttDeez
07-17-09, 4:13 pm
what waste said ha ha. He hit it on the money. The amino acids are not the difference it is the energy and anabolic support you get from the intra aid that makes it different.

Mo'
07-17-09, 5:59 pm
Nitro sounds like a very complete supplement. I didn't realize that BCAAs were a subset of EAAs (in that case, it answers my question).

Mo'
07-17-09, 6:02 pm
"Intra-Aid is a complete intra-workout product that contains protein, carbs and free form aminos that is true, including EAA"

I was interested in finding out more about Intra-Aid. I read about it in the Universal Store and will definitely have to get it. But, considering this anabolic window of opportunity (pre, intra, and post workout), wouldn't it be too much protein and aminos if one were to have protein/aminos in all of these time frames? I hope I made sense and wasn't too ambiguous.