PDA

View Full Version : Amino overload?

t_mh
07-20-09, 1:21 pm
Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out a new Pre/post routine with aminos and was thinking of doing nitro before and after, as a lot of people do. I was thinking of throwing in an EAA stack to try it out-- I know a lot of guys here like that for intra. But would this be excessive? That's 18,000mg of aminos around my workout. Is a decent portion of that even going to be absorbed?

Would it be better to do just EAA intra and nitro PWO?

Also, would it be better to stick with intra-aid instead of EAA? Intra-aid seems more complete. Or what about BCAA stack?

Any suggestions are appreciated. Keep in mind I'm trying to work around nitro here.

pmug0000
07-20-09, 1:45 pm
Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out a new Pre/post routine with aminos and was thinking of doing nitro before and after, as a lot of people do. I was thinking of throwing in an EAA stack to try it out-- I know a lot of guys here like that for intra. But would this be excessive? That's 18,000mg of aminos around my workout. Is a decent portion of that even going to be absorbed?

Also, would it be better to stick with intra-aid instead of EAA? Intra-aid seems more complete. Or what about BCAA stack?

Any suggestions are appreciated. Keep in mind I'm trying to work around nitro here.

IMO there's no such thing as too many aminos, especially surrounding the workout. As far as intra-workout supps go, Intra-Aid is definitely more complete than EAA or BCAA stack, and I would probably choose IA over the other two, but all will get the job done.

C.Coronato
07-20-09, 2:02 pm
What i do now is BCAA Max pre and post. EAA Stack and IA intra. I like it and so far so good, and the Watermelon/Citrus is sooo good.

Wasteland
07-20-09, 4:01 pm

What does your nutrition (aside from supplements) look like an hour or so before and after lifting?

t_mh
07-20-09, 9:05 pm
I think I would take nitro and then a real gains shake a bit after that. I generally have a few chicken breasts after my workout too. I guess that would be with my RG.

As for pre I'm not sure. Before school starts it would be in the morning so my pre would be breakfast. My breakfast is usually shit (I don't like eggs). Milk, cereal, fruit. Once school starts I'll probably train in the evening, so I'll try to get a decent meal in before.

TigerAce01
07-20-09, 9:17 pm
On my very intense workout days (intensity is relative, but for me, when I have to lay down on the gym floor after I finish, that's when I know), I take upwards of 50-60 grams of free form aminos. I like to have my favorite pre workout meal, a shake with half cup of oats, and a half can of peaches, while I'm mixing my intra workout drink. My standard consists of 20-25 grams of BCAA/EAA plus another 10 grams of glutamine either mixed in straight water or gatorade depending on my personal needs for the day. For my very intense days, post workout is immediately 10 grams of glutamine and another 20-25 grams of BCAA/EAA. I then eat my pwo meal.

Unlike many supplements, when it comes to aminos...more is better. I swear, when I take in 50-60 grams of aminos, my recovery is incredible. Hit up G Diesel's thread...the dude crams in over 80 grams of aminos every day.

-Ace

Pizzalamp
07-20-09, 9:22 pm
big daddy gdiesel mega doses on aminos and i swear the man gets larger each time i see pix of him...i think theres something special going on w mega dosing

Wasteland
07-21-09, 11:54 am
I think I would take nitro and then a real gains shake a bit after that. I generally have a few chicken breasts after my workout too. I guess that would be with my RG.

As for pre I'm not sure. Before school starts it would be in the morning so my pre would be breakfast. My breakfast is usually shit (I don't like eggs). Milk, cereal, fruit. Once school starts I'll probably train in the evening, so I'll try to get a decent meal in before.

Postworkout
• Animal Nitro immediately after lifting
• Real Gains following after Nitro
• Then chicken breasts (carbs too?) after Real Gains

That right? What about during the workout and also 1-2 hours before the workout?

Wasteland
07-21-09, 11:56 am
big daddy gdiesel mega doses on aminos and i swear the man gets larger each time i see pix of him...i think theres something special going on w mega dosing

I know he does it, but I question the viability of it, especially when you factor in cost. I'm not a proponent of mega-dosing free form EAA, mostly from a value perspective. Plus, beyond a certain point, that value of those free form EAA has diminishing marginal returns. To address your specific point, G Diesel is not big because of mega-dosing aminos.

t_mh
07-21-09, 12:02 pm
Postworkout
• Animal Nitro immediately after lifting
• Real Gains following after Nitro
• Then chicken breasts (carbs too?) after Real Gains

That right? What about during the workout and also 1-2 hours before the workout?

Probably something like cereal, milk, fruit. What would you recommend?

Wasteland
07-21-09, 12:12 pm
Probably something like cereal, milk, fruit. What would you recommend?

I can't recommend specifics as I don't know what your goals are, what you are trying to accomplish and what your macros/diet or anything else looks like. Plus, a lot has to do with your preferences. For example, some just want to drink water during the workout. Some don't mind protein. For others, protein and carbs are effective. Making very general statements though, around the period of lifting (nutrient-timing), taking in simple carbs, protein and aminos, combined, can make a difference. Not just that, it is around this time period where, in some ways, supplements can shine over whole foods.

G Diesel
07-21-09, 12:38 pm
I know he does it, but I question the viability of it, especially when you factor in cost. I'm not a proponent of mega-dosing free form EAA, mostly from a value perspective. Plus, beyond a certain point, that value of those free form EAA has diminishing marginal returns. To address your specific point, G Diesel is not big because of mega-dosing aminos.

I do tend to incorporate a lot of EAAs and BCAAs into my supplement program, and I really believe in amino supplementation, but at most over the course of a training day I'll use 50g. Maybe 10-15g at a time, with special emphasis on intra and postworkout. I'll also add a couple of scoops to my daily water intake. I think this kind of supplementation does give a certain anabolic edge, but is to be kept within reason. Try 10g intra and 10g post as a starting point and adjust from there as results dictate and budget allows.

Peace, G

CuttDeez
07-21-09, 12:41 pm
Start crushing livers too!!! YUM. Good amino profile there!

Wasteland
07-21-09, 12:51 pm
I do tend to incorporate a lot of EAAs and BCAAs into my supplement program, and I really believe in amino supplementation, but at most over the course of a training day I'll use 50g. Maybe 10-15g at a time, with special emphasis on intra and postworkout. I'll also add a couple of scoops to my daily water intake. I think this kind of supplementation does give a certain anabolic edge, but is to be kept within reason. Try 10g intra and 10g post as a starting point and adjust from there as results dictate and budget allows.

Peace, G

I think the takeaway here is that we need to balance theory and practice, the science and the actual application. At 10-15g ffEAA at any given time, you're probably fine without any significant wastage (e.g., conversion to urea). But when guys are going 20-30 or more grams of ffEAA at one time, it seems excessive to me. But to each his own.

Aggression
07-21-09, 1:06 pm
IMO, you can never have too many aminos.

My protocol:
2 BCAA Max pre
1 serving IA during
2 BCAA Max post
1 serving of BCAA+EAA stack during the day.

Wasteland
07-21-09, 1:07 pm
IMO, you can never have too many aminos.

Depending on your goals and why you're using them, either in application or form, yes you can. At best, you might simply be wasting them (conversion to urea, for example). At worst, you could be adding excess calories (on a cut and when using intact proteins as a source of aminos, for instance).

t_mh
07-21-09, 2:44 pm
So would nitro pre, eaa intra, and nitro be unreasonable?

Wasteland
07-21-09, 4:56 pm
So would nitro pre, eaa intra, and nitro be unreasonable?

Lol, no. Consider this though: EAA Stack + simple carbs starting before you lift (dextrose or dextrose/maltodextrin or a sports drink) and throughout lifting, then finish with Animal Nitro taken with fruit juice or a sports drink (for the carbs). This is just one approach from among many. Then you would take Real Gains and then later, your regular meal.

t_mh
07-21-09, 10:58 pm
Alright thanks. I was thinking about something like that.

Muscleguy93
07-22-09, 1:44 pm

Peace, G

what do you think is more important? pre WO aminos or intra aminos? Post is ofcourse a must.

t_mh
07-22-09, 3:50 pm
If I were to choose between nitro and EAA stack, which would be better?

t_mh
07-22-09, 4:01 pm
Since both are just aminos, it seems like one would be redundant.

Wasteland
07-22-09, 4:04 pm
If I were to choose between nitro and EAA stack, which would be better?

Preference. Pills or powder. In terms of formula, both are comparable. It's either/or, not both, necessarily.

Muscleguy93
07-22-09, 5:52 pm
well Nitro has "human muscle complex" so does EAA NITRO(they both have BCAAS). EAA STACK dosent have the BCAAS... your choice.

TigerAce01
07-22-09, 6:45 pm
well Nitro has "human muscle complex" so does EAA NITRO(they both have BCAAS). EAA STACK dosent have the BCAAS... your choice.

BCAAs are a sub family of EAAs. EAA stack does include BCAAs, just not a separate, added amount.

-Ace

Muscleguy93
07-22-09, 10:21 pm
BCAAs are a sub family of EAAs. EAA stack does include BCAAs, just not a separate, added amount.

-Ace

oh rlly? I didnt know that bro.

So nitro G/animal nitro is just as effective as EAA stack?

t_mh
07-23-09, 12:31 am
I think nitro has different ratios and the aminos are uncoupled. Obviously they're in pill form too, which may speed absorption.

TigerAce01
07-23-09, 12:40 am
oh rlly? I didnt know that bro.

So nitro G/animal nitro is just as effective as EAA stack?

EAA Nitro is more effective for recovery in the fact that it is supercharged with dextrose. The insulin spike caused by the dextrose will drive the aminos into muscle tissue faster. It's kind of the same approach as mixing EAA Stack with Carb Max or Gatorade...you're trying to take advantage of that insulin spike.

Nitro and EAA Stack are, in my opinion, pretty much the same on the amino content. It's basically preference as to whether you like powder or pills. BCAA Stack is the branched chain amino acids only, with added glutamine (my favorite).

I prefer BCAA Stack for post workout because of the glutamine and high leucine content. When I've taken BCAA Stack after my workouts, I just feel it working more than EAA Stack, but EAA Stack's amino profile is better for all day consumption, due to the fact that you will be ingesting a full array of amino acids.

-Ace

TigerAce01
07-23-09, 12:42 am
I think nitro has different ratios and the aminos are uncoupled. Obviously they're in pill form too, which may speed absorption.

All of the amino products from Universal are uncoupled. Nitro does have a different ratio, but in my opinion, I don't think it wouldn't matter much.

If anyone else has some information on whether or not it does, chime in, I'd love to know.

-Ace

t_mh
07-23-09, 12:50 am
All of the amino products from Universal are uncoupled.
-Ace

Yeah I should've known that. Shot in the dark.

TigerAce01
07-23-09, 12:54 am
Yeah I should've known that. Shot in the dark.

Universal only serves up the best haha

-Ace

t_mh
07-23-09, 12:55 am
What's your favorite BCAA flavor?

TigerAce01
07-23-09, 1:00 am
What's your favorite BCAA flavor?

Grape. I got the chance to try a sample of Lemon Lime and I didn't like it, but I've heard they tweaked it a bit, so I'm giving that a go sometime here.

-Ace

Wasteland
07-24-09, 8:55 am
All of the amino products from Universal are uncoupled. Nitro does have a different ratio, but in my opinion, I don't think it wouldn't matter much.

If anyone else has some information on whether or not it does, chime in, I'd love to know.

-Ace

Not all amino products from Universal are "uncoupled".

t_mh
07-25-09, 4:23 pm
I ordered EAA stack. Wow the bottle is small. And it's the old label-- do any of you get the old label when you order it?

TigerAce01
07-25-09, 4:26 pm
Not all amino products from Universal are "uncoupled".

Nitro, BCAA Stack, EAA Nitro, and EAA Stack?

I consider those the amino products, and those are the products in discussion really. The other "amino tablets" like Amino Tech are good, but I consider them almost protein tabs.

-Ace