PDA

View Full Version : The Army Life

AmIeviL
07-20-09, 1:31 pm
Sup brothers, Im an Airborne Infantryman in the 173rd Airborne. Ive been lifting for a few years now, im 20 years old. Im 6'2 220lbs built like a tank. My problem is that with all the gains that i keep getting, the army is always getting in the way. Weather it be training and missing gym time or meals. Not to mention going on mad long runs 3-5 times a week. Was wondering if i can get someones advice or help on how to work through this? Its also hard to get bigger due to my need to be able to have to run and ruck.

belladiabla13
07-20-09, 1:55 pm
Sup brothers, Im an Airborne Infantryman in the 173rd Airborne. Ive been lifting for a few years now, im 20 years old. Im 6'2 220lbs built like a tank. My problem is that with all the gains that i keep getting, the army is always getting in the way. Weather it be training and missing gym time or meals. Not to mention going on mad long runs 3-5 times a week. Was wondering if i can get someones advice or help on how to work through this? Its also hard to get bigger due to my need to be able to have to run and ruck.

My guy had the same issue when he was Air Force. Was always way under on body fat but they gave him shit about being 5'9 and 225lbs. I will point him your way.. Thanks for serving!!!

AmIeviL
07-20-09, 2:14 pm
thanks man appreciate it

PikeBoy22
07-28-09, 9:14 am
Hey man, I'm gonna be lookin at enlisting in not too long and trying to get into airborne rangers. How do you like it? Any advice for when i go in? i've been lifting for the last 4 years and im 22. I've been workin on my pushups and running. Thanks

weedlewott
07-28-09, 9:22 am
I would suggest Amino loading. Especially before your runs and rucks. It helps you hold on to the lean muscle that you do have. I have the same problem. They're all giving me shit because I'm trying to get up to 240. The Army has their little querks, but you gotta work through it. You gotta eat when you can. Eat a lot. When you can't eat, have a shake. If you know you're going the field for a while, take some of those little individual packets of Protein powder with you. Gym time is just one of those things. Bench press your buddies in the field. Ha. Load someone up like a firemans carry and squat. I know that's asking a bit much of your commorades, but hey, gotta do what you gotta do. I know that all of that sounds stupid, but it's what I do when we go out to the field and I don't have anything to work with. I make stuff. I'm gaining at the moment. Good luck with it man. Hope I helped you out.

AmIeviL
07-28-09, 12:05 pm
Yeah man thats what ive been doing just lifting crew-serve weapons and what not, when in the field. Good idea with the aminos though man. thanks for the post.

weedlewott
07-28-09, 12:41 pm
Yeah man thats what ive been doing just lifting crew-serve weapons and what not, when in the field. Good idea with the aminos though man. thanks for the post.

I didn't even think of the crew serve thing. ha ha. Have one of your buddies hold the M-2 while they are on your shoulders and do some squats. Ha. That's a good idea though. BP with crew serves. DL too. All the essentials. When you can, add some sandbags too. Sandbag PT really does help out.

AmIeviL
07-29-09, 6:26 am
yeah im definitely going to get on some of that sandbag pt

JasonG
08-28-09, 8:39 pm
This thread is a little old but just came across it. I am an airforce flying crew chief. I frequently work 12 hour days and am on the road alot. I am afforded one chance to eat during those 12 hours so I hear ya, it's tough. One thing I did was take matters into my own hands. Cans and packets of tuna are my best friend. I pack some up for work so I don't go catabolic during my shifts. I struggle with running too. I'm around 190 and 5'4" with around 12% bodyfat. Pt really interferes with my goals but I refuse to let it defeat me.