PDA

View Full Version : Precontest training

Preservation
07-21-09, 12:55 pm
I'm always seeing off season workouts where are all the precontest training workouts at any suggestions of some good ones?

IronWilson
07-21-09, 2:02 pm
My suggestion for working out when dieting is to keep it short, heavy, and intense as opposed to the offseason when I kill the muscles with a lot of extra work.

Then in the last week, you do glycogen depleting workouts most of the time.

C.Coronato
07-21-09, 2:17 pm
Exactly what IronWilson said. I dont change much of my workouts at all. I change my legs to be 20-30 reps, and everything else is 10-12 reps. The last week is fast in and out full bodies, for me anyway.

Enforcer
07-21-09, 2:20 pm
I'm always seeing off season workouts where are all the precontest training workouts at any suggestions of some good ones?

Im very old school, so I would train the same regardless, hard and heavy no matter what. Nothing would chaneg for me; I mean yeah when Im 2-3 weeks out the volume would be much less bc my caloric intake would be low and my cardio would be through the roof, btu up until then nothing changes. I follow many of those Animals that came before me- Yates, Coleman, and Warren- those with the hardocre, no bull shit attitude, no matter what time of year it is. I mean fuck Im sure you've seen the video of Ronnie deadlifting 700 pounds 5 weeks out from a show, and if you havent look that shit up on youtube. So if it works for them and they are freaks, then something must be right.

McFly
07-21-09, 2:24 pm
My offseason training and precontest training was exactly the same. Heavy and hard as possible. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Enforcer
07-21-09, 2:27 pm
My offseason training and precontest training was exactly the same. Heavy and hard as possible. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Spoken like a man who knows his shit

Ironjaw
07-21-09, 2:58 pm
Just like everyone said .... but your energy i gunna wain a tad depending on your carb cycling if you are doing it so it is extra essential to listen to your body when your in precontest mode.... no need for PRs and such

whosnexttt
07-21-09, 3:13 pm

precontest training? DO NOT change your training, you want to keep your hard earned muscle not lose it