PDA

View Full Version : Powerlifting?

MVP
07-21-09, 5:34 pm
Well here's the thing, I'm taking the ACE PT exam next month, but once I move out and start working I want to do something else besides train people.

So I decided I wanted to get into powerlifting. I've heard there are bench press only powerlifting competitions, is this true? I can't deadlift due to a hand injury. I also get dizzy everytime I deadlift would prefer not to compete poundages with them due to those disadvantages.

How would you find a place to compete?

Any PL'ers in here that do bench press only competitions?

prowrestler
07-21-09, 5:38 pm
Well here's the thing, I'm taking the ACE PT exam next month, but once I move out and start working I want to do something else besides train people.

So I decided I wanted to get into powerlifting. I've heard there are bench press only powerlifting competitions, is this true? I can't deadlift due to a hand injury. I also get dizzy everytime I deadlift would prefer not to compete poundages with them due to those disadvantages.

How would you find a place to compete?

Any PL'ers in here that do bench press only competitions?

yup, theres a few dudes in here who do bench only, i sure as hell aint one though

google, check your area out and find pl organisations.

MVP
07-21-09, 5:43 pm
I'm 185lbs and 1RM (raw) is 315lbs. I'm guessing my suited max would be between 335-355.

I wonder if that's decent enough to do natural competitions.

prowrestler
07-21-09, 5:45 pm
I'm 185lbs and 1RM (raw) is 315lbs. I'm guessing my suited max would be between 335-355.

I wonder if that's decent enough to do natural competitions.

depends what suit. and how well you lean your suit.

check out the records in those organisations and see what everyone else is puttin up. if your liftin less then the girls......just give it a year

J Wong
07-21-09, 5:45 pm
Yes, in most PL meets there is a bench only division. You don't have to get into gear to enter PL meets, you can compete raw as well. It doesn't really matter what your numbers are now, just go compete, have fun, and learn.