PDA

View Full Version : Rookie

msktyshha
07-21-09, 8:37 pm
My first post at the Forvm and i have loads of questions. I only have mon-thurs to train since i work 12 hr shifts on fri-sun. MOn- chest n tris tues-back n bis thurs-shoulders n legs. Getting pretty good results for everything except for Bis. Since I do a heavy and solid workout for back, my Bis are pretty fatigued and I cant lift a lot for them niether can I complete 8-12 reps. I do barbell curls of 70lbs the most for 6 reps and am sort of stuck with this rep range and weight. My Bis aren't gaining any size what so ever. so please all the animalsss and pross HELPPPPPP

TigerAce01
07-21-09, 8:56 pm
Simple, don't work out your biceps on the days you work out your back. Hit your bis on your chest day and your tris on your back day.

Easy fix.

-Ace

msktyshha
07-21-09, 9:35 pm
thanks so much for replying, k so see this was in my mind but isn't this going to effect my recovery since i'll be hitting bis twice a week and also tris lyke 3 tymes a week (chest,shoulder and tris) n btw I am a hardgainer.

TigerAce01
07-21-09, 9:38 pm
When people say hardgainer that just means you aren't taking in enough calories haha And you were asking a specific question about your biceps being too fatigued after back. You could very well pull arms out of your split entirely if you wanted to and still see growth, but if you like training arms, try switching it up and see how training them on opposite days work.

It's all about finding what works for you.

-Ace

msktyshha
07-21-09, 9:48 pm
i would like my bis to grow bigger ofcourse cuz my tris are growing pretty good and aren't fatugued even though my chest workout is pretty intense, but i guess Bis are my weakness. So just another question before I switch up bis and back to chest and bis, What will be more better for bicep growth high reps of barbell curls or lots of weight in barbell curls

TigerAce01
07-21-09, 9:55 pm
All depends on you. All bodies react differently, you need to play around with things and figure it out. For me, my arms blew up with Schak's ARMory superset routine, but that calls for an arm day. With that routine, it's higher reps, supersetted together. Other guys can do a few BB curls at 3-5 reps a piece and get 21 inch guns.

It's all depends on what your body likes.

-Ace