PDA

View Full Version : BB to PL

FarBeyondDriven
07-22-09, 9:19 pm
OK my first journey log. I have been lifting for BB for a couple years now. Only started taking the whole thing seriosly about 10 months ago and the results i have seen have been inssane. I'm currently 198lbs at 5 10 and i feel great. Problem is my strenth hasnt improved anywhere near as much as my physique.

I play Australian Rules football which is an extremely demanding sport. I can run 10 to 12kilometers in a single game plus 2 training sessions per week. So if im going to be carrying all this extra muscle around on the field then i might as well train myself to use it a bit better.

I'm a novice to PL but have done a bit of research on Westside and also followede Defrancos WS4SB for a few months a while back so i have a rough idea of what to expect but any help with a routine or feedback i could get is going to be much appreciated. One thing that mnaylimit what im able to do though is that the only Gym in my area is actually a 'Health Club' and so no GHR, reverse hyper, bands or chains and only a straight bar and EZbar. So for exercises ill be sticking to the most basic equipment but using my imagination a bit! Looking forward to it.

In regards to nutrition im currently about 14% BF and even though i want to get stronger i really don't wanna see that BF creeping up so im going to see how it goes without increasing my daily intake too much. Also extra cardio might be an option

Im looking forward to the challenge and will start my new routine on monday with a ME Bench Day

Gambit
07-22-09, 10:25 pm
Hey man, consider me along with you on this journey. I can't wait to see what you can do

FarBeyondDriven
07-23-09, 12:36 am
Ok its getting hard to find Animal products in Australia as they aren't allowed to ship to retailers here anymore but im gonna make do with what i got for now and keep topping up when possible.
Current Stack:
Pak
Pump (almost out but have some S.T. until i can find more pump the stuff is too good not to have!)
Fish oil and glucosimine 2x day (diagnosed with early arthritis)
Whey Powder
BCAAs
Finishing off a bottle of nox3 as well
Any other suggestions as i have been doing this stack for a couple months. Had shoulders today. Wont go into detail but had a very solid session. Can only do light abdominal work currently due to a strained rectus abdominal. Will finish my BB training with an Arms session tomorrow then couple days rest before beginning my PL training next week. Bring it on!

FarBeyondDriven
07-27-09, 4:38 am
Well i discovered my strength is def not upto scratch today! My 1RM on bench was 194lbs i followed it up with some accesory work that i was happy with but i really need to do some hard work to get my bench up!!
Workout looked like this:

Flat bench failed at 206lbs
D/B Hammer grip press 3x5
Rear delt machine 3x10
D/B Laterals 3x10
Lat Pulldown 3x12
Face Pulls 3x12
Lat pulldown Standing crunches 3x15
Immediately after i had a shake with 30grams whey and 30grams carbs from gatorade powder.
An hour after this i ate 200grams chicken breast and 1/2 cup of brown rice
Any feedback with training or nutrition is appreciated

FarBeyondDriven
07-28-09, 12:50 am
Ok so i found a sample 9 week westside program by Dave Tate that im gonna follow. They use alot of GHR and reverse hypers though so ill have to substitute for them. Today went like this
Good Mornings: Made 194lbs failed at 205
Dimel Deadlifts 3x10
Weighted Hyperextensions 3x10
Hanging leg raises 5x15
Weighted sit-ups 5x10
Took bout 50 mins and really felt like a gave the hams a good workout. Tomorrow i will just do some gpp and thursday will be DE Bench Day