PDA

View Full Version : Vinny Galanti - Kickin' Knowledge

joe-yamma
07-22-09, 9:56 pm
i had the opportunity last weekend to train with IFBB Pro Vinny Galanti at the Pittsburgh "Steel City" ABC.
it was a small session this time in Pittsburgh, so just the two of us trained back.

let me tell you it was a great experience...
usually i'm one of the oldest, if not the oldest, guy at an ABC session, so it was damn nice to train with a guy in his 40's that has been around the block.
let's not forget this guy is also an IFBB PRO.

i took the opportunity not only to train hard, but to be a sponge and soak up as much knowledge as i could from Vinny.
let me tell you, Vinny has a lot to teach.
i'm sure that if there is an exercise or a training style, this guy has tried it.

the great thing about Vinny is that he is a straight-shooting, no bullshit, but very personable guy.
he has no problem telling you the way it is, or what he has learned through his experience, BUT he does it in a very helpful way.

that brings me to Vinny's training pace: intense.
this guy is in his 40's? damn, Vinny trains hard.
we used some respectable weights, but it wasn't the weight that left an impression on me...
it was the intensity that he showed from beginning to end. also, he keeps up a good pace...
always keeping the weight moving (this kicked my ass), and keeping tension on the muscle whille getting a solid pump.
pumps that came somewhere in the middle of the set and continued to increase after the set was complete.

ok, why am i telling you guys this???

i can't help but think that Vinny is an under-utilized resource!

if you are at an ABC and Vinny is there - don't be shy...
go ask him some questions.
train with him.
pick his brain.

also, hit up his Q&A.
Vinny is a great resource for all of us, and the great part about it is that he really wants to give back and share his knowledge and experience with us.
so, take advantage and hit up Vinny next time you have a question or see him at an ABC.

naturalguy
07-23-09, 9:02 am
You are very fortunate to have had that experience. Vinny is the man

Rage
07-23-09, 9:20 am
A friend and mentor...a great guy! I wish he would sell me those biceps..pecs...and well..maybe his symmetry too..

naturalguy
07-23-09, 9:38 am
A friend and mentor...a great guy! I wish he would sell me those biceps..pecs...and well..maybe his symmetry too..

The classic Vinny G biceps peak and tiny waist....................wish I had it too

CuttDeez
07-23-09, 10:19 am
Vinny is a baller. Very knowledgable

sanga
07-23-09, 10:40 am
I trained shoulders and biceps with Vinny and Firedrake at The Arnold, gym was a bit busy but I learned some things form Vinny, a great guy and has a great physique.

ghost
07-23-09, 11:26 am
Having worked side by side with Vinny over the past 2 Arnolds, he is amazing. Humble, nice, knowledgable. Just an all around amazing Man.

Brutus_515
07-23-09, 11:27 am
Vinny is the ye ol'e wise man of Animal pak. the dude has pretty much been there and done that with all aspects of the sport. He is usually the first person I go to for questions, advice or hear crazy stories.. Especailly of from last year in poland.

Vinny G
07-23-09, 11:28 am
thanks for the kind words

wedge
07-23-09, 11:29 am
thanks for the kind words

You've earned them bro.

Mr. Aestheticz
07-23-09, 3:36 pm
Solid Words For A Solid Man Couldnt Spit It Any Better!

xMATT182x
07-25-09, 3:55 am
Lucky man! I'm sure it was a hell of an experience and i'm envious. Spread the knoweldge you learned!

Pizzalamp
07-26-09, 8:54 pm
vinny reminds me of the ancient pyramids of giza...very wise, majestic, and full of knowledge.