PDA

View Full Version : weight gain

Jwnelsn1
07-25-09, 11:52 pm
brothers,

heres the goal: was at 230 and 16% (give or take 2-3%) bf at the end of the winter/start of spring. now im down to 205 8% for the summer. my beach days are over this summer, so its time for me to start packing on again.

i want 240 this year, but want to try and keep my bodyfat at a respectable level. i felt 16% bf was to high, i want to look like i'm a bodybuilder not some fat ass who doesn't do enough cardio ya know!

what do ya'll think is a reasonable amount of weight to put on a month without seeing that bf% go up TOO much?

thanks bros

CuttDeez
07-26-09, 12:02 am
brothers,

heres the goal: was at 230 and 16% (give or take 2-3%) bf at the end of the winter/start of spring. now im down to 205 8% for the summer. my beach days are over this summer, so its time for me to start packing on again.

i want 240 this year, but want to try and keep my bodyfat at a respectable level. i felt 16% bf was to high, i want to look like i'm a bodybuilder not some fat ass who doesn't do enough cardio ya know!

what do ya'll think is a reasonable amount of weight to put on a month without seeing that bf% go up TOO much?

thanks bros

1. BF will go up in a bulk so don't think you will get to 240 lookin 8%
2. BB-ers look like they do at a higher & BF because some of them weigh like 300 lbs at 10% which is rediculous.

3. That being said if you wanna gain it lean and steady you need to learn about your body. I don't know how long oyu have been in the game but I know exactly what I am eating and when I am eating it both when I am on a bulk or a cut. That way I learn about my body and know what my calorie levels have to be at. I also know that my body likes fat calories more than carb calories and I can intake a lot of protein. Fruit treats me ok but only when Its around my workouts. I need to take a lot of fiber to keep shit moving. ETC. ETC. You should get to an incredible knowledge level about your own body. That way whne you go on a bulk you know how many cals you need and how to control them.

For example If I wanted to gain 40 pounds on a bulk like you I would pick a time frame of about 6 months because I like my bulks to be low and slow and clean. I would increase me cals and lower my cardio. Then I would try to adjust these levels and gian about 1.5 a week. That way each week I could adjust things and play around with my diet and exercise and assess the damage. It allows me to keep everything in control.

This is just how I do it and I am sure that there are a lot of methods out there but this is how my body likes it so I suggest you learn how your body likes it.

Jwnelsn1
07-26-09, 11:36 am
yeah thats what i was thinking. about 1-1.5 pounds a week. what you said i what i was thinking; just wanted another opinion. thanks bud