PDA

View Full Version : sleep and recovery question

strivin for more
07-26-09, 11:16 am
hey guys, quick question. its summer right now so ive been gettin like 75% more sleep at night. anywhere from 10-11 hours a night. and lately while training, i have not been sore the next day at all. and if i am, its slight and is gone within the same day/next. and im about positive my training is intense. could this quicker recovery be from more sleep, or am i going crazy and doing half ass workouts when ive thought theyve been ok?

Muscleguy93
07-26-09, 4:05 pm
soreness dosent mean ... If your seeing gains then keep doing what your doing. and yea the sleep prolly helped U out with the recovery (muscle repairs itself while you sleep).

Kingquads
07-26-09, 5:09 pm
hey guys, quick question. its summer right now so ive been gettin like 75% more sleep at night. anywhere from 10-11 hours a night. and lately while training, i have not been sore the next day at all. and if i am, its slight and is gone within the same day/next. and im about positive my training is intense. could this quicker recovery be from more sleep, or am i going crazy and doing half ass workouts when ive thought theyve been ok?

what exercises are you focusing on? like whats your routine right now? usually soreness comes from doing isolation exercises

strivin for more
07-26-09, 10:37 pm
what exercises are you focusing on? like whats your routine right now? usually soreness comes from doing isolation exercises

its a once a week bodypart split. and ill do isolation after i do my big mass builders/heavy movements.

shizz702
07-26-09, 11:04 pm
It's better to not feel any soreness and make gains then to feel DOMS for days on end and stagnate.

Not being sore can actually be a good thing and indicate your cns is in good shape and that you're being conditioned to the rigors of training.

Always remember what it all boils down to is progessive poundages on your exercises and that you see and feel changes in your body.

As long as you are progressing you are doing something right.

Cstlfx
07-27-09, 12:32 am
its a once a week bodypart split. and ill do isolation after i do my big mass builders/heavy movements.

If you're going up in the weights, if you're gaining mass like you want to, then yes, the sleep is helping you recover quicker.

Many Pros have said that getting endorsed has been great for them because they're able to sleep so much more, thereby recovering faster.

However, if you're not getting sore and you've hit a plateau, then I'd say it has something to do with your routine.

theharjmann
07-27-09, 6:03 am
i always notice that when i get >7 hrs sleep a night im less sore.

the only time i sleep >:7 hrs is when im not stressed from work, and when im not stressed from work i train like an animal!

so yeah i would say more sleep = more recovery.

just make sure you are getting enough calories in during the day when you are awake.

some days at the weeklends when i sleep 10 hours i can easily miss a meal if i dont keep on top of it

strivin for more
07-27-09, 11:42 am
yea everyone, thanks for the input. my weights have been increasing, and my intensity has been through the roof. i guess thank god its summer :)