PDA

View Full Version : How's this?

d218
07-27-09, 3:13 am
On a bulk want to run this program
*heavy days will be ramped to a top set of 3-5 reps
Hypertrophy specfic days 2-4 sets of 6-12 reps

Heavy Upper: *Flat Bench, *Pendlay Rows, *Standing OH Press, Side Laterals (2-3 x 10)
Heavy Lower: *Squats, *DL, Calves (3 x 8-10), Weighted Hypers
Off
Chest/Shoulders/Tri: Incline BB Press, Flat DB Press or Incline Fly, Cable Crossovers,Front Raises with Side Raises, 1-2 Tricep exercises
Back/Bi: Weighted Chins, Row Variant, Vertical Pull, Shrugs, 1-2 Biceps
Legs:Squats, SLDL, Leg Press or Lunges, Leg Curls, Seated DB Press
Off
Repeat

not sure about my hypertrophy specific days if i should leave it as is or split it more to
chest/tri
back/bi
legs/shoulders? (i dont like this day though because legs are so demanding!)

d218
07-27-09, 3:19 am
also was thinking of this for chest/shoulders/triceps

Incline BB/DB Press, Incline Fly, Seated DB Press, Side Laterals, 1-2 Triceps exercise, Cable Crossovers

d218
07-27-09, 3:20 am

Heavy Upper: *Flat Bench, *Pendlay Rows, *Standing OH Press, Side Laterals (2-3 x 10)
Off
Chest/Shoulders/Tri: Incline BB Press, Flat DB Press or Incline Fly, Cable Crossovers,Front Raises with Side Raises, 1-2 Tricep exercises
Legs:Squats, SLDL, Leg Press or Lunges, Leg Curls, Calves
Off
Repeat

not sure about my hypertrophy specific days if i should leave it as is or split it more to
chest/tri
back/bi

EDIT

whosnexttt
07-27-09, 3:48 am

Off
Legs:Squats, SLDL, Leg Press or Lunges, Leg Curls, Seated DB Press
Off
Repeat

chest/tri
back/bi

go ahead try it, we are not you

or if you want us to give our opinion on if that routine will work for you wel have to know some info....like...

your stats on presses,squats,deadlifts,rows

and a pic of yourself

and your diet plan

d218
07-27-09, 4:08 am
1 rpm on big 3:
Squat 315
DL 405
Bench 280

i need help on a chest/shoulders/triceps day....im already doing this program and so far its been great except the legs/shoulders day..i feel too fatigued when i get to shoulders ..here is my deit

830am Oatmeal/1 whole egg/eggwhites
1045 Chicken Breast/Rice/Vegetables
1130 pre workout shake
100pm postworkout shake
145 Chicken Breast/Rice/Vegetables
400 Turkey Breast Sandwich/Almonds/Milk
600 Steak/Rice/Vegetables
800 Almonds/Rice Cakes/Protein SHake
1000 2 Glasses of Milk or Peanut Butter Sandwich or Cottage Cheese

d218
07-27-09, 4:09 am
ive taken a few weeks off from lifting so those numbers are before my break... i also got sick when i had the layoff trying to get back into it

whosnexttt
07-27-09, 4:08 pm
1 rpm on big 3:
Squat 315
DL 405
Bench 280

i need help on a chest/shoulders/triceps day....im already doing this program and so far its been great except the legs/shoulders day..i feel too fatigued when i get to shoulders ..here is my deit

1130 pre workout shake
100pm postworkout shake

looks pretty good bro, but for the training, the program you listed above might work, who knows but your best bet is to just train everything once a week and remember to get lots of rest

like this

mon- chest, shoulders
tues- quads
wed- rest
thur- biceps, triceps
fri-rest
sat- back,hamstrings
sun-rest

need the exercises? if you do pm me

C.Coronato
07-27-09, 5:16 pm
If your fatigued from chest day and cant do shoulders, i would make it its own day.

whosnexttt
07-27-09, 5:18 pm
If your fatigued from chest day and cant do shoulders, i would make it its own day.

shoulders dont need much work, doing incline presses will build up the front delts enough and doing side laterals will build up the mass of the delt

kevin levrone had some of the best shoulders and he never trained shoulders....only when it was pre contest time to bring them out more

C.Coronato
07-27-09, 5:22 pm
shoulders dont need much work, doing incline presses will build up the front delts enough and doing side laterals will build up the mass of the delt

kevin levrone had some of the best shoulders and he never trained shoulders....only when it was pre contest time to bring them out more

I disagree. If he is fatigued, then he is not hitting them properly. When you Bench you hit tris when u do back you hit bis, would u not have an arm day? I know you would skip it, but most people in the world would not.

whosnexttt
07-27-09, 5:24 pm
I disagree. If he is fatigued, then he is not hitting them properly. When you Bench you hit tris when u do back you hit bis, would u not have an arm day? I know you would skip it, but most people in the world would not.

well i suppose he can skip arm day and have a shoulder day, but shoulders really dont need a single day to work them

C.Coronato
07-27-09, 5:26 pm
Arms do not necessarily need their own day, however, most people do it that way and have had solid growth. On the contrary if you are exhausting your shoulders before you even get to them, where is the growth there? Everyone has their own opinions bro .. you are not here to push yours, everyone is here to simply offer guidance. And however the person is lifting wants to do it, is UP TO THEM.

whosnexttt
07-27-09, 5:28 pm
Arms do not necessarily need their own day, however, most people do it that way and have had solid growth. On the contrary if you are exhausting your shoulders before you even get to them, where is the growth there? Everyone has their own opinions bro .. you are not here to push yours, everyone is here to simply offer guidance. And however the person is lifting wants to do it, is UP TO THEM.

i wasnt trying to start a argument bro....and im not forcing him to do what i said

C.Coronato
07-27-09, 5:30 pm
i wasnt trying to start a argument bro....and im not forcing him to do what i said

This is not the first time you have tried to push your ideas on people. Offer guidance and what YOU do, let people make their own decisions on what works for them and what does not. I train 7 days a week .. does that work for everyone? No, but it works for ME, and yourself is the only one that matters.

whosnexttt
07-27-09, 5:33 pm
This is not the first time you have tried to push your ideas on people. Offer guidance and what YOU do, let people make their own decisions on what works for them and what does not. I train 7 days a week .. does that work for everyone? No, but it works for ME, and yourself is the only one that matters.

huh? when do i ever push my ideas on people? i mean i give them advice thats all, and sure ill make training splits for them, i just love to help people

OklahomaMuscle
07-27-09, 5:49 pm
1 rpm on big 3:
Squat 315
DL 405
Bench 280

1130 pre workout shake
100pm postworkout shake

also was thinking of this for chest/shoulders/triceps

Incline BB/DB Press, Incline Fly, Seated DB Press, Side Laterals, 1-2 Triceps exercise, Cable Crossovers

I think your chest/shoulders/triceps day looks ok you've got a good mix of presses and exercises, my advice is just to go in with a general plan but allow for some flexibility while you're in the gym and definitely be careful you don't overtrain.
Also on the legs/shoulder day try just doing raises on that day and concentrate on the presses on the chest/shoulder day...I know my shoulders get pretty sore after lot's of squats so you're already working them if you do squats so you could just add in some more raises and go with it. You may also just try a shoulder day all by itself, try some different things...give it time, if you don't like how one routine works switch it up...I'm not a HUGe fan of preset routines, I like to have an "idea" and then just hit it hard once I'm in the gym...everything works, and nobody is the same, just find what works and hit it hard...

T o m m Y
07-27-09, 5:59 pm

x2!
He is a 17yr old KID and doesnt know shit...

whosnexttt
07-27-09, 7:15 pm
x2!
He is a 17yr old KID and doesnt know shit...

i dont know shit? how would you know, you dont even know me? why is everyone hating on me i didnt even try to start shit in the first place, all of the people i have helped have gotten great results, now maybe those results wont be as great for you but not everyone wants to be a monster and not everyone wants to be a twig.

common man!?!?? im not the person to be talking shit to.....i just like helping people? whats wrong with that

Big C
07-27-09, 7:20 pm
By your words, Shoulders don't need their own day.....you don't need to hit shoulders directly but yet you military press 405 for reps......quit contradicting yourself. Your idea of helping people is telling them what this or that pro does or doesn't do. I just have a hunch you be a trollin here bro.

i dont know shit? how would you know, you dont even know me? why is everyone hating on me i didnt even try to start shit in the first place, all of the people i have helped have gotten great results, now maybe those results wont be as great for you but not everyone wants to be a monster and not everyone wants to be a twig.

common man!?!?? im not the person to be talking shit to.....i just like helping people? whats wrong with that

whosnexttt
07-27-09, 7:30 pm
By your words, Shoulders don't need their own day.....you don't need to hit shoulders directly but yet you military press 405 for reps......quit contradicting yourself. Your idea of helping people is telling them what this or that pro does or doesn't do. I just have a hunch you be a trollin here bro.

ive only had maybe like 5 shoulder days ever since i started training hard, whenever my bench gets stronger my shoulders get stronger so sometimes ill do military presses for the hell of it, but the one exercise that builds my shoulders like no other are side laterals, but see that works for me, and it may not work for you :) wink WINK :)

Littlefry
07-27-09, 8:04 pm
You must remeber everyone is different and what works for one indvidual might not work as well or at all for that matter for someone else. The best thing to do is experiment with new routine, exercise, reps etc...and find out what works the best for YOU!

whosnexttt
07-27-09, 8:18 pm
You must remeber everyone is different and what works for one indvidual might not work as well or at all for that matter for someone else. The best thing to do is experiment with new routine, exercise, reps etc...and find out what works the best for YOU!

Well said bro!!!!!

Littlefry
07-27-09, 9:52 pm
Train your body, only your own body can tell what works and what doesnt. Thats why I like to experiment every once and a while to see if one thing might work better than the next.

d218
07-28-09, 1:55 am
wow i didnt mean for this to bring people to argue i just wanted thoughts about what i was doing......if any one wants to you can post a split that has brought great results for you..for my shoulders i was wondering if standing OH Press is sufficient enough for shoulder growth ... i basically do 4 x 5 and ramp the weight each set..and then for leg day ill just do front and side raises? or are DB Presses a necessity for shoulders? I just think i have a lot of pressing already

d218
07-28-09, 2:23 am
after thinking about it im going to change my hypertrophy days ... i cant solve the shoulder problem so im going to do this

Chest/Back
Incline / Weighted Chins
DB Press or Fly / Row Variant
Cable Crossovers / Vertical Pull

Legs
Squat Variant
SLDL
Leg Press or Lunges
Leg Curls
Calves

Shoulders/Arms
Front and Side Raises (enough for shoulders since i have stnadin OH Press on Day 1?)
2-3 Bicep Curls
2-3 Tricep Exercises

whosnexttt
07-28-09, 2:24 am
after thinking about it im going to change my hypertrophy days ... i cant solve the shoulder problem so im going to do this

Chest/Back
Incline / Weighted Chins
DB Press or Fly / Row Variant
Cable Crossovers / Vertical Pull

Legs
Squat Variant
SLDL
Leg Press or Lunges
Leg Curls
Calves

Shoulders/Arms
Front and Side Raises (enough for shoulders since i have stnadin OH Press on Day 1?)
2-3 Bicep Curls
2-3 Tricep Exercises

if your training shoulders on its own day then do OH presses

d218
07-28-09, 2:37 am
k ill do DB OH Press and side raises with 2 arm exercises ..i think this layout will work better

whosnexttt
07-28-09, 3:00 am
k ill do DB OH Press and side raises with 2 arm exercises ..i think this layout will work better

dont forget about your rear delts, for shoulders do your presses,side lats,and rear lats

d218
07-28-09, 3:15 am
kk but as far as muscle pairing which one looks better? i like the second one

whosnexttt
07-28-09, 3:52 am
kk but as far as muscle pairing which one looks better? i like the second one

yea keep everything once a week

C.Coronato
07-28-09, 11:13 am
wow i didnt mean for this to bring people to argue i just wanted thoughts about what i was doing......if any one wants to you can post a split that has brought great results for you..for my shoulders i was wondering if standing OH Press is sufficient enough for shoulder growth ... i basically do 4 x 5 and ramp the weight each set..and then for leg day ill just do front and side raises? or are DB Presses a necessity for shoulders? I just think i have a lot of pressing already

Like little fry has stated just like everyone else on here is that you gotta find what works for you .. Personally im like this:

Chest
Back
Quads
Arms
Shoulders
Hams
Repeat.

Thats my split .. being a competitive bodybuilder .. that has worked for me.

d218
07-28-09, 1:22 pm
k thx again everyone for your replies

Littlefry
07-28-09, 2:42 pm
No problem bud, we are here to help anyways.