PDA

View Full Version : Boxer's Fracture - Any Advice?

majicninja
07-27-09, 9:19 pm
Fractured my hand yesterday doing some dumb shit. Can still do Abs, calves, and some legs. Anyone been through this or got any advice? Should be out for about 4 - 5 weeks. Lowered my calories and got my diet in check already (keepin carbs low still: was previously on a cut). Just lookin to maintain mass and even lose some fat if possible over these next few weeks.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

GSant434
07-27-09, 9:24 pm
I broke my 5th metacarpal on my right hand about 6 years ago when I was 17. Dr recommended me to drink lots and lots of skim milk for the calcium. Other than that I will say I made impressive gains in the leg department.

I know a guy at the rec center at school that competes in Iron Man competitions. He swears by doing low impact cardio to help circulate blood which for him has greatly improved his recovery time. I'd suggest hitting the bike or doing some swimming, obviously ask your Dr. first depending on the severity of the injury.

majicninja
07-27-09, 9:28 pm
sounds good..really looking forward to blasting the calves and legs. abs are very easy too...just a bit hesitant to sweat too much and get the thing too nasty. might limit the cardio to 2 days a week or so

GSant434
07-27-09, 9:30 pm
Sweatband around the upper part of the cast, lots of baby powder and a long ruler for scratching.

majicninja
07-27-09, 9:37 pm
right on.. gonna work around this shit as much as possible. thanks brotha

Shamus11B
07-28-09, 5:10 am
I have broke my hand 5 times all boxer fractures. There is actually a natural herb remedy if you can find it that is just incredible. It is called BF&C, it stands for Bone Flesh and Cartilage. It cut my recovery time down the last two times, no joke, to two weeks. Literally 14 days from the time I got the cast on to when it was removed. I found this at a place called No Name Nutrition, its not a suppliment or anything but a natural remedy. Good luck if you find it it is freaking incredible.

ghost
07-28-09, 7:03 am
OR, you can go to the hospital, see the doc, get it xrayed and wrapped up. and listen to their Medical opinion... -shrug.

majicninja
07-28-09, 9:52 pm
Good news fellas. Just saw the orthopedic hand surgeon today and he said no surgery and no cast. I got but in a custom lightweight hand splint that gives me alot of freedom. I really lucked out in this situation, so glad i dont have a big honkin cast on my forearm. Already got in a nice calf and ab workout in tonight and it felt great to sweat again. Thanx for the advice guys..and feel free to drop anymore ya got..

IRN-NML
07-29-09, 7:29 pm
Good to hear the Doc's hand report. Don't overlook any 1 arm dbell work you can do; flat presses, shoulder press, will help you work on core stability. Also, you've got 1 arm dbell curls you can work on. You're not limited to abs 'n cardio.