PDA

View Full Version : My Deadlifting Video

Arnold Is Numero Uno
07-27-09, 10:48 pm
This is 320 lbs. The bar looks stupid lol because at home I just have a basic weight set and only 2 pies. I weigh 180 lbs and I dont do any powerlifting so i guess this is a decent amount of weight for me. Just wanted to share it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDuG8LhHspQ

Muscleguy93
07-27-09, 10:55 pm
nice! pulling big weight alwas feels good, I have back day 2morrow cant wait.

Arnold Is Numero Uno
07-27-09, 11:03 pm
yeah man, I usually don't worry about weight but I love me some heavy deads! Back day is my favorite, always look forward to it

T o m m Y
07-27-09, 11:06 pm
Loss the straps =)

Kingquads
07-27-09, 11:45 pm
Loss the straps =)

why would he want to lose the straps? hes training his back

rippedC
07-27-09, 11:46 pm
This is 320 lbs. The bar looks stupid lol because at home I just have a basic weight set and only 2 pies. I weigh 180 lbs and I dont do any powerlifting so i guess this is a decent amount of weight for me. Just wanted to share it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDuG8LhHspQ

form looks great bro, keep pullin and soon youl be doin 4 pies on each side for reps!

rippedC
07-27-09, 11:47 pm
Loss the straps =)

loss or lose? lol..

Maccabee
07-28-09, 12:02 am
Good set bro. Your a bodybuilder so its ok to use straps. I personally like chalk. Peace.

BeastCook
07-28-09, 12:25 am
Good set bro. Your a bodybuilder so its ok to use straps. I personally like chalk. Peace.

what about baby powder? is that stuff good?

Maccabee
07-28-09, 12:27 am

I have no idea. I never tried it. Try it out for a few sets and see how it goes bro. Let me know what you think.

TigerAce01
07-28-09, 12:29 am

Baby powder (talc) reduces friction, it doesn't increase it. Chalk (magnesium carbonate) increases the friction. Don't use baby powder to increase grip. The only time I've seen baby powder used is on a powerlifters' legs in order to ease the drag on the shins and thighs.

-Ace

BeastCook
07-28-09, 12:38 am
Baby powder (talc) reduces friction, it doesn't increase it. Chalk (magnesium carbonate) increases the friction. Don't use baby powder to increase grip. The only time I've seen baby powder used is on a powerlifters' legs in order to ease the drag on the shins and thighs.

-Ace

ive used it on my deadlifts the last time and i got some new pr's, because whenever i deadlift my hands are sweaty and wet all the time, only thing i have access to is baby powder

TigerAce01
07-28-09, 12:52 am
ive used it on my deadlifts the last time and i got some new pr's, because whenever i deadlift my hands are sweaty and wet all the time, only thing i have access to is baby powder

Well it does soak up moisture, that's why it's sprinkled on babies haha Use what you want, but the properties of them are different. Perhaps your deadlift is just getting stronger?

-Ace

Cstlfx
07-28-09, 1:08 am
Chalk on the hands, baby powder on the legs.

If you're non-powerlifting/strongman dont worry about using straps.

Lookin good AINU! Keep up the good work.

theharjmann
07-28-09, 6:21 am
why would he want to lose the straps? hes training his back

becasue without straps he trains his forearms aswell!

C.Coronato
07-28-09, 11:08 am
Looking good brother. Keep pullin! I love me some DLs as well!

Naturally Huge
07-28-09, 5:36 pm
Good job bro. Deadlifts are hardcore. I pulled 405 for 10 today, felt great!

GregK
07-28-09, 7:52 pm
awesome pulls man, that looked pretty easy for ya...try for a max....495 would be sick brotha

shizz702
07-28-09, 9:49 pm
Nice deadlifting bro!

Dedicated
07-28-09, 11:54 pm
becasue without straps he trains his forearms aswell!

Deadlifts are a back exercise, if you can work your back more efficiently by using straps then it's stupid to not use them for the sake of your forearms.

If it makes you feel any better:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=forearm+exercises+

And solid work to the OP.

Littlefry
07-28-09, 11:56 pm
Very nice form, looked like you where pulling it with ease to, 405 is just around the corner for you bud.

Arnold Is Numero Uno
09-15-09, 11:24 am
Thanks for the comments fellas...I'll keep at it!