PDA

View Full Version : GPP workouts?

FarBeyondDriven
07-28-09, 8:09 am
Just started a westside program that dave tate outlined in his 8 keys to maximum strength article. It is 3 max effort days and two dynamic effort days. One of each for bench and squat. Just wondering what my gpp workouts should look like roughly and how often i should do them. Note i dont have access to chains and bands, a sled, ghr or reverse hyper

CuttDeez
07-28-09, 8:23 am
I have read that article many times and am pretty well versed in the westside method and I think most of the time they go with a 4 day split of

ME Squat
ME Bench
DE Squat
DE Bench

FarBeyondDriven
07-28-09, 8:24 am
yeah its a 4 day split but gpp workouts are recommended on top of the main 4 sessions i just dont understand where or how they fit in

IRBS
07-28-09, 8:26 am
Just do GPP whenever. Pull a sled, push a prowler, run hills, whatever, just do something. I think people over complicate this all the time. Just do it after you lift 2-3 days a week and youll be fine.

CuttDeez
07-28-09, 8:30 am
I do alot of stuff whenever I can in my split. I am always doing sled drags. I run sprints in the mornings some times or go on long recovery slow jogs in the mornings (i lift in the afternoon). On wen. I normally push the prowler. I try to play basketball at least twice a week. There is no method to it I just try to be an athlete all the time.

BigChrisF
07-28-09, 12:52 pm
Gpp will fit in wherever they can. After a workout or in the same day of a work out. Just make sure that what you are doing for conditioning work isn't undercutting what you are doing in the weight room.

ghost
07-28-09, 1:00 pm
Just do GPP whenever. Pull a sled, push a prowler, run hills, whatever, just do something. I think people over complicate this all the time. Just do it after you lift 2-3 days a week and youll be fine.

from the man himself.

FarBeyondDriven
07-28-09, 11:06 pm

OK cool so do my gpp straight after a session? I was thinking that some gpp should be done on my off days or do i have it wrong?

IRBS
07-29-09, 8:22 am
OK cool so do my gpp straight after a session? I was thinking that some gpp should be done on my off days or do i have it wrong?

Do it whenever you want. It doesnt really matter. Dont over think this.

FarBeyondDriven
07-29-09, 9:38 pm
Ok thanks for all the help guys. I was just worried that doing it after my regular workouts might impact on my strength gains but sounds like it shouldnt be a problem. Cheers guys