PDA

View Full Version : Western Kentucky Animals

jon_carter13
07-29-09, 3:27 pm
I am currently in Iraq, however, I will be coming home at the end of the year. I wouldn't mind seeing an ABC up and running in the Western Kentucky area. I know a lot of folks from the Hopkinsville, Cadiz, Murray, Madisonville, Russelville, and Bowling Green areas find it difficult to get to the Louisville/Lexington areas, as well as the Southern Indiana areas. Gas ain't cheap. Ft. Campbell has an ABC, however, since it's on post, a lot of folks won't be able to attend. This would also be a good chance for folks from Clarksville, TN to take part in some of the ABC events.

Folks in the area wouldn't have to drive more than about an hour to get to Western KY ABC events which would allow us to have more events rather than drive 3+ hours twice a year or so. Personally, I think it could also attend other chapters' events as often we can. I would be willing to start getting things coordinated on my end. I already have a lot of contacts back in Hopkinsville who would be willing to help. I also know of a bunch of guys I lifted with when I was on R&R who would be willing to be a part of the first Western KY ABC Event.

What do any of the other Animals in Western Kentucky think? Would you like to see a Kentucky (Western) chapter of the ABC?

jon_carter13
07-30-09, 1:16 pm
I'd like to thank the Watchmen for allowing Western Kentucky a chance to speak out about the ABC.

Now to all the Animals out there in Western Kentucky... let your voices be heard... speak up, get your friends to speak up, and let's get this thing started!!!

C.Coronato
07-31-09, 4:53 pm
Good to have a new Chapter poking up through. Give it birth and get it running brother.

jon_carter13
07-31-09, 5:21 pm
Oh I'm definately looking forward to bringing some life to an ABC in Western Kentucky. I'd like to involve some of the other chapters too such as the main Kentucky Chapter, Southern Indiana Chapter, and Ft. Campbell Chapter and getting some intra-chapter events going. Once I know about how many people are interrested, I can start looking into facilities based on capacity and general distance for everyone. I can also look into some places to eat. I'm ready to get this started. While the first event probably won't take place until I get back from Iraq in December, I'm willing to start working out the details so everything goes down flawlessly.

I also have an idea for one event that would best take place in the spring of 2010. I was thinking of an outdoor "Caveman" event, but with an ole' Kentucky twist... I thought of chuckin' some 70+ pound bails of hay, sledging some tractor tires, tractor tire flips, hauling loaded wheelbarrows up ramps, hoisting bags of concrete (or sandbags/feedbags) overhead... you know getting in a all around Good Ole' Boy workout.

I've got the motivation, and a shit-load of ideas guys. I just need to hear from everyone else who wants to see this happen!

jon_carter13
08-03-09, 3:33 pm
I know there's gotta be some Western Kentucky Animals looking at this post. Come on guys, let's get this ABC off the ground!

jon_carter13
08-03-09, 3:58 pm
Ok, here's the deal. I don't get back to Hopkinsville until I re-deploy to the states at the end of the year. That gives us plenty to plan out the first Western Kentucky ABC. I've always found that the best way to plan any event is to set a date in advance and let people adjust their schedules. I want to do this before the Arnold in March and before the Kentucky Statewide ABC. Right now, I am shooting for Saturday February 20, 2010 for the first Western Kentucky ABC. We can probaly get some support from the Sourthern Indiana, Ft. Campbell, and the main Kentucky ABC's for our event. So here it is guys and girls... the official Roll Call for the first Western Kentucky ABC Event.

ROLL CALL

When: February 20, 2010
Where: TBD (Possibly Hopkinsville or Bowling Green)
Time: TBD
Who: The Members of the Western Kentucky ABC
1. jon_carter13 (Chapter Coordinator) plus my lifting buddy and my girl.
2. YOU!!!

There are tons of good places to eat in Hopkinsville. Ryan's and Shoney's are probably the best choices since they both have buffets. We also got O'Charley's, Chinese buffets, and El Bracero for mexican. If we do this in Bowling Green, there's good food there too.

Also, the main Kentucky chapter coordinator BamBam92 and I are working together to host a huge all-state Kentucky ABC. We still havn't decided anything solid, but it will probably be held in Elizabethtown the weekend before the Arnold.

LET'S DO THIS RIGHT GUYS!!!

BamBam
08-04-09, 12:17 pm
ROLL CALL-

jon_carter
BAMBAM92

IN IRON,
BB-

jon_carter13
08-04-09, 1:48 pm
ROLL CALL-

jon_carter
BAMBAM92

IN IRON,
BB-

Awesome that makes 4 total so far. I gotta get my buddy and my girl to sign up and post on the FORVM. I'm stoked!!!

jon_carter13
08-04-09, 2:48 pm
Alright, my girl signed up for the forum, but she's waiting to get her account activated. I'm going to go ahead and add her to the roll call and I'm sure she'll post on here later... at least she better... haha.

ROLL CALL

When: February 20, 2010
Where: TBD (Possibly Hopkinsville or Bowling Green)
Time: TBD
Who: The Members of the Western Kentucky ABC and Special Guests!
1. jon_carter13 - Western KY Chapter Coordinator
2. BamBam92 - KY State Chapter Coordinator
3. Liza Zaas

Liza Zaas
08-07-09, 8:17 pm
Its on like Donkey Kong!!! LOL

jon_carter13
08-07-09, 8:19 pm
Its on like Donkey Kong!!! LOL

Bout damn time baby girl... haha. I almost considered giving you a beat down when i got home if you didn't post, but I should have known I can always count on you ;)

BamBam
08-08-09, 10:44 pm
Bout damn time baby girl... haha. I almost considered giving you a beat down when i got home if you didn't post, but I should have known I can always count on you ;)

HAHAHAHAHA!

atrain11b
08-11-09, 8:02 pm
Roll Call:

3. Liza Zaas
4. atrain11b

I'm in, I say we try to get together some time SOON, even if it isn't an actual event. I don't have much time left stateside!

jon_carter13
08-12-09, 6:03 pm
Trust me man, I can't wait to get back to the states. I'm seriously looking forward to getting this event going on. I also hear ya on time limitations. How much longer you got at Campbell?

atrain11b
08-12-09, 10:56 pm
Not sure as of now. We will be heading out soon. You know how they keep us guessing.

jon_carter13
08-14-09, 6:13 pm
So the current Role Call looks like:

Roll Call:
1. jon_carter13 - Western KY Chapter Coordinator (plus my buddy)
3. Liza Zaas
4. atrain11b

So that makes 5 total. I know we got more people down with rippin out an ABC session in the Western Kentucky area! Come on ya'll!!!

J-Dawg
08-19-09, 11:00 am
Looks like this chapter is growing little by little. Keep it up guys.

jon_carter13
08-19-09, 2:07 pm
Looks like this chapter is growing little by little. Keep it up guys.

Oh hell yeah it's growing. I'm hoping more Animals in the area catch sight of this thread, because the event is going to be awesome. I've also thought about it, and once it get's big enough, having a meet for charity. Have folks go out and get pledges for reps done at the ABC and gather the money and give it to a charity. Something to give back to the community ya know? I'm sure once I get back to Kentucky though I'll be able to spread the word better.

jon_carter13
08-28-09, 5:44 pm
Come on guys. I know there is still a lot of time before the event, but the more people we get, the better the event will be. It's been known that some of the pros come to events where there are large gatherings. Let's put Western Kentucky on the map and do this right!

BamBam
08-30-09, 3:06 pm
Im still kickin fellas and trying to get the word out...but hell man, even if we only got 5 thats an ABC... Ill take out 5 vs any out there!!

IN IRON,
BB-

jon_carter13
08-30-09, 3:13 pm
Very true.

C.Coronato
08-31-09, 9:23 am
Good to see you guys still kickin it. Thats great.

Tron
09-07-09, 4:42 pm
All right, I know I'm in S. Indiana, but I'd like to tentatively toss my name in that hat... February is a long way away, but barring anything big, I'd like to join you guys...

If that's allowed that is.

jon_carter13
09-07-09, 4:48 pm
All right, I know I'm in S. Indiana, but I'd like to tentatively toss my name in that hat... February is a long way away, but barring anything big, I'd like to join you guys...

If that's allowed that is.

You're always welcome to join us bro. We'd be happy to have you. I know Feb is a long day away, but I won't be back in the states until the end of this year. Feb will give me just the right amount of time to workout all the small details. Glad to have ya aboard. Make sure you sign the roll call when you get a chance.

JamesRange62
09-13-09, 7:18 pm
Ok so i just started taking animal supplements and have already fallen in love with how they work! I have been looking for an ABC to join and this seems like the one that has the most promise for me. I live in NE TN, and I know thats about 5 hours away from bowling green or hopkinsville but I would still like to make the trip to come workout and get involved in the ABC if you are still going to meet in Feb. Is that alright with you guys?

jon_carter13
09-13-09, 8:49 pm
Ok so i just started taking animal supplements and have already fallen in love with how they work! I have been looking for an ABC to join and this seems like the one that has the most promise for me. I live in NE TN, and I know thats about 5 hours away from bowling green or hopkinsville but I would still like to make the trip to come workout and get involved in the ABC if you are still going to meet in Feb. Is that alright with you guys?

You are always welcome to join us bro. We're growing fast, and the meet in Feb isn't something to be missed. I'm still ironing out the details. Keep training hard bro, and glad to see you on the FORVM.

There's also an ABC that meets near Lexington, KY which may be closer to you, but we'd love to have you at the W. Kentucky Chapter. BamBam92 is the ABC Chapter Coordinator for the chapter near Lexington.

jon_carter13
09-13-09, 9:07 pm
Ok so as it looks right now, these are the folks who will be showing up in February. Looks like it is turning out to be a great kickoff for the Western KY ABC. Tell all your friends and bring some folks with you too! THIS IS GOING TO BE BIG!!!

Roll Call:

3. Liza Zaas
4. atrain11b
5. Tron
6. JamesRange62

C.Coronato
10-08-09, 11:37 am
Is this still in the works brother?

jon_carter13
10-08-09, 1:14 pm
Is this still in the works brother?

You bet your ass it is. I am hoping that when I get home I can promote the event more locally and bring in some new animals! This thing ain't dead by a long shot!!!

BamBam
10-24-09, 6:32 pm
Yo...gonna try to bring a few guys from westside with me...if possible!!

Little Z
10-24-09, 6:35 pm
BamBam.. what is up brother.. I heard.. you were making it up to Columbus tomorrow..

Fact or Myth?

BamBam
10-24-09, 6:46 pm
Question is... would everyone like this to be FACT.. or MYTH? I havent ben on in a while for some personal reasons... just got my shit in line and life in order... but Im always here nose to the grind.

Little Z
10-24-09, 6:48 pm
Question is... would everyone like this to be FACT.. or MYTH? I havent ben on in a while for some personal reasons... just got my shit in line and life in order... but Im always here nose to the grind.

Brother.. you know that shit better be FACT! I got Mongo's lined up for us for Post Grub.. come on now.. ahaha

BamBam
10-24-09, 6:50 pm
Brother.. you know that shit better be FACT! I got Mongo's lined up for us for Post Grub.. come on now.. ahaha

Well hell... you know I aint one to pass up some MONGO!! lol

Little Z
10-24-09, 6:52 pm
Well hell... you know I aint one to pass up some MONGO!! lol

You still have that 3xl Red Iconic?.. hahahaha

Tron
10-26-09, 12:35 am
Keeps marching closer and closer my friends...

jon_carter13
10-26-09, 5:20 pm
Yo...gonna try to bring a few guys from westside with me...if possible!!

That is by far some of the best news I've heard in a while! Things are still on my friends. I've been busy over here getting ready to head back to the states. One month left!

TheGreatWhite
12-14-09, 12:21 pm
Western KY Animals, what's good?

Just read your thread, and I was wondering if you guys would want to hook up in Evansville at one of our chapter meetings? We have 4 as of now, but our next one shoudl turn up about 7 or 8. We're trying to get ours off the gorund, and I thought I'd see if our chapters would want to hook up one time? Let me know how it sounds to you guys!

StateChamps

BamBam
12-28-09, 2:54 pm
Lemme know if I can help bro..

nck219
01-11-10, 8:45 pm
Us fellas over here at the Southern Indiana chapter are thinkin about joinin ya'll for this one. We still on?

C.Coronato
02-19-10, 4:46 pm
The Official Invite:

The National ABC at the Arnold Classic.

Will you be there?

When
Saturday, 3/6/10 at 8pm

Where
Metro Fitness
9 East Long Street
Columbus OH 43215

Who
Any and all. Let's show them how Animal does it.

If so, post up here and what Chapter you are going to be representing.

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=29729

C.Coronato
02-15-11, 9:45 am

Will you be there?

Bigger and Better than last year ..

Promos/Food/Training.

When
Saturday, 3/5/10 at 7pm

Where
Metro Fitness
9 East Long Street
Columbus OH 43215

Food to follow.

Who?

If so, post up here and what Chapter you are going to be representing:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?34917-ROLL-CALL-National-ABC-Event-2011

Also please make sure you check out the ABC Member Directory:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?35235-ABC-Member-directory

BamBam
02-16-11, 1:50 pm
Oh I'm definately looking forward to bringing some life to an ABC in Western Kentucky. I'd like to involve some of the other chapters too such as the main Kentucky Chapter, Southern Indiana Chapter, and Ft. Campbell Chapter and getting some intra-chapter events going. Once I know about how many people are interrested, I can start looking into facilities based on capacity and general distance for everyone. I can also look into some places to eat. I'm ready to get this started. While the first event probably won't take place until I get back from Iraq in December, I'm willing to start working out the details so everything goes down flawlessly.

I also have an idea for one event that would best take place in the spring of 2010. I was thinking of an outdoor "Caveman" event, but with an ole' Kentucky twist... I thought of chuckin' some 70+ pound bails of hay, sledging some tractor tires, tractor tire flips, hauling loaded wheelbarrows up ramps, hoisting bags of concrete (or sandbags/feedbags) overhead... you know getting in a all around Good Ole' Boy workout.

I've got the motivation, and a shit-load of ideas guys. I just need to hear from everyone else who wants to see this happen!

Anyhelp you need brother I will be glad to help... I finally have guys in my neck of the woods who actually TRAIN, plus my friends from other chapters could make one big event.. I also have atlas stones and am getting a log and a few other training pieces to where we could have our very own ANIMAL STRONGMAN competition... hmmm,,,?!?!

Let me know brother and we'll get this rolling

IN IRON,
BB-

C.Coronato
01-26-12, 1:09 pm

Will you be there?

Saturday, March 3rd.

Training 7-830. Food 830-930

Metro Fitness
9 East Long St.
Columbus, Ohio 43215
(614)228.8866

Who

If so, post up here and what Chapter you are going to be representing:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?37245-Arnold-Classic-2012-National-ABC-Event

Also please make sure you check out the ABC Member Directory:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?35235-ABC-Member-directory

RedlegDbell
05-11-12, 12:45 am
Let's make this official!

Next Cincy/Dayton ABC: Sunday June 3rd 1PM til @ 3
Premier Fitness: Assuming $5/person
8423 North Main St.
Dayton, OH 45415
PWO Grub: TBD

Who's in? Hit the link and add your name and what you'll be training if you know. Hope to see you there!

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?12576-Cincinnati-Dayton-OH-Animals&p=1223612#post1223612

MAB
01-19-15, 12:42 pm
Feb 7
2:30
Power Station
4343 S Dixie Hwy
Middletown, Ohio 45005

Food: to be decided, there will be protein brownies to snack on.

Thread for roll call:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?43456-Power-Station-ABC-Ohio

deanna7272
11-05-17, 10:28 pm
Alright all...

8th Annual post Mid Atlantic Grand Prix Ohio Valley ABC (say that 3x fast...lol)

November 12, 2017
Noon to ???
The Body Shop in Yorkville, Ohio

I'm going to try to get some of my junior high and high school kids to come and see what it's all about. I have some that are getting interested in lifting and I want to make sure that they get some good information from those in the know... I'd love to see some of the Animal Family at this ABC to share some stories and knowledge.

Any questions, please contact me!!!