PDA

View Full Version : The Hibernation is Over.....

Ironjaw
07-30-09, 11:12 pm
I've been pondering whether i should post a thought process on here... decide to go with it, since theres just somethings you need to put down into words... maybe to grasp the concept better, maybe just to look back and remember there was a slim, but written plan for the insanity endured through every day .... I'm not gunna bullshit myelf into thinking i'm exactly where i needa and should be... gunna seriously keep it real here .. i fuckin pussied out of what i started here way back... kinda shameful but its the truth ... When i started on this forum back in idk like 07 after my 1st show (ye not under this handle) i had a goal, a drive, a damn fire that burned... i did this shit hardcore not only for myself but because of a promise i had made ... continuing a legacy ... i chose that for myself, but i stubbled, and dropped completely ... i realize now i let down not only myself but alot of the people i had a connection with on here... i re-read a PM i got after i posted something that in the back of my head i knew was stupid and would lead to conflict ... the PM set it straight about how much potential i had and how many people actually looked up to me ... i did nt listen at the time.. stupid fuckin move ... kept that hotheaded attitude... thought i was heavy shit... and now i look back at that stupid shit and i realize damn .... im at a plateau and have lost a shit loada strength ... i used to top out at a 505 DL and a 365 Squat below Parallel i was solid now im sittin at a shitty 320x2 330 is outta the question entirely and i can dl 405x3 damn i mean for arrogance i lost 100pds on a dl and 45pds on a squat ... ... I'm known by many things... many names... but theres only 1 real me ... after gettin back onto here i found that real me... that real fuckin passion .... and im pissed ... for all the lost time and possibilities for improvement... theres no such thing as inner demons.... just laziness turning into weakness...

i may be war torn ... but this Fuckin Bear is back.... impatient, pissed, and ready to fuck some shit up... Get Ready The Hibernation is Over...

- Jaw

Vaze_06
07-30-09, 11:28 pm
i'll be a nice chicky and sub hehe
bro, we all do mistake. the point is to learn from them and not repeat them
u realized u screwed up; sweet. now time to get your ass moving and gain back what u have lost. no doubt u will

Maccabee
07-30-09, 11:50 pm
I went through the same thing. I was out for 8 months cause of stupid mistakes that I made. I just started again recently. Its not about where you end up its all about what happens in the middle.

A real champion doesnt give a shit about the trophy or the end result...the only thing they thinks about when they win is all the hard work they put in. Put in the work and things will work out. Hard work is the only way.

Plus if a man trained himself once to squat 500 or dl 500 it doesnt matter what it is...then I believe he can do it again. I believe in you. Now kick some ass. Peace.

BigDubbDiesel
07-31-09, 11:09 am
subbed, in it til the end bro, im sure this will help me release some anger inside as well, like that fuck yesterday who was half squattin when i needed the rack....ahhh

Ironjaw
07-31-09, 4:09 pm
subbed, in it til the end bro, im sure this will help me release some anger inside as well, like that fuck yesterday who was half squattin when i needed the rack....ahhh

idk i feel something cringe inside me everytime i see retards half squattin ... i used to do that ... shit i got up to 405 doing that... but then what have you gained?? being a damn pussy drillin ya knees as strippin ya back because you wanna feel like a badass ... imo if i can do pushups below you when you squat you shouldnt be in the gym ... stick to your benchboy style... even professional benchers know the importance of full depth ... like i said in this thread im not holding punches .... im not gunna go easy on myself or what i see.. im not gunna be an ass but i will call um how i see um ... ppl are too lazy these days and want shit handed to them on a silver platter .... dont wanna lift a finger to do jack ... and we hard working individuals get wierd looks because we wanna feel and look good ... its not vanity if you dont idolize yourself but rather respect ... so i dont wanna hear this "oh you guys are so vain bullshit " dont hate because i actually give a shit if i got a gut that hangs outta my shirt ... forgive me for not wanting to be a fat slob ... i have utter respect to all hose who decide to change their lives in the middle of it ... ive ben there and its hard but if you got 2 cents in ya damn brain you can say no to ya hostess and burger king nonsense ... just a thought ... sorry a bit riled up from people questioning me about stupid shit just cuz i want an empty keg for strongman training... cuz ye ima get soooo tanked offa empty keg... idk bout pl and their minds... like i always say people fear what they dont understand.. they try to destroy discredit and make fun off things they cant do .. why because they're idiots... plain and simple...

BigDubbDiesel
08-01-09, 10:02 am
so what really got my blood boiling yesterday; besides the fact that i was tired and sore before i walked into the gym, is that my lifting partner was gettin cocky again. He's boasting about all the new PR's he set this week, right after he tried to push press 185 with a huge spot from my buddy. I go "bro, it's not a personal record if someone helps you." he just kinda stared at me like a deer in the headlights. sorry to break your confidence son, but if someone grabs the bar at a competition, its considered a "NO LIFT", hah i just had to get that out...

Ironjaw
08-02-09, 10:45 pm
Been thinking about it lately but now i know for sure... my journey is taking a long veer from bodybuilding ... gunna start training for strongman. Since the comp a week back i knew this is something i was gunna like .. it's frustrating, challenging, and fun as shit... when i get some dough gunna get an atlas stone mold to start off then get a log press... as of now i got my eye on a competition coming up in november ... i hope to make a dent into this new journey off the bat ... hold no prisoners.. no bullshit... Strap in for the ride..

HIGA MONSTER
08-07-09, 1:02 am
Do it bro! I'm in your corner.

No matter what, you always remember this...

"SOMEONE OUT THERE IS TRAINING HARDER THAN EVERYONE ELSE. I PRAY THAT SOMEONE IS YOU!"

HIGA MONSTER.

Ironjaw
08-07-09, 1:18 am
Do it bro! I'm in your corner.

No matter what, you always remember this...

"SOMEONE OUT THERE IS TRAINING HARDER THAN EVERYONE ELSE. I PRAY THAT SOMEONE IS YOU!"

HIGA MONSTER.

damn straight .... that is me

NaturallyPumpd
08-09-09, 9:02 pm
Subbed I'm in for this man, you make alot of good points about the fat lazy fucks and the half squatters, I see alot of those at my gym too and boy is it irritating. But hey we are the few determined ones that go into the gym completely focused, and with every intention to move as much weight as possible.

Stay strong! Stay Animal!

Ironjaw
08-11-09, 12:00 pm
In this sport.... hell in his life shit happens, things go wrong, and set backs occur...as of recent ive been experiencing back pain.... the kind you can work thru but not take advantage of... gotta keep off the erectors for a while...but in that i havent stopped training..and thats where im bringing this point to... ive set up a plan to fix and rebuild while im injured solved the problem and enacted the solution.... thats something i think we all needa think about. especially when you get that 8 millionth thread about how to raise bench strength... pinpoint, and solve, thats all ths is... my erectors are hurt so im building up core strength giving it a day solely ...and every day i strtch and do light core exercises... this is a thinking mans game, but i hardly see any thought .... i wonder if its yet another change of the tides as this sport always has.... tho i hope some of the old will stay with all of the new...

well that is all for now... i dont like to ramble so till nex time...

Ja Na
-Jaw

NaturallyPumpd
08-11-09, 6:26 pm
Thats pretty harsh bro, stay on top of your game and come back twice as strong, you know what your doing so i wont ramble on about how to recover your injuries, but definately keep going and hope you well and healthy for the next abc.

noend
08-11-09, 7:01 pm
subbed...
In it to see you surpass your old best, and set forth onto a new stage of betterment.

Ironjaw
08-11-09, 9:17 pm
Thats pretty harsh bro, stay on top of your game and come back twice as strong, you know what your doing so i wont ramble on about how to recover your injuries, but definately keep going and hope you well and healthy for the next abc.

subbed...
In it to see you surpass your old best, and set forth onto a new stage of betterment.

glad i got 2 cats who understand in here....

NaturallyPumpd
08-12-09, 6:25 pm
no problem i got your back, we cant have no animals dying out on us!

V23
08-13-09, 9:04 pm
You can work around an injured lower back, Avoid....
Bent rows
Deadlifts
Standing Presses
Standing Curls
Standing laterals
Squats, front squats

Do your curls, presses, lateral raises seated
Do your rows and bent lateral with a chest support
Work on pullups and pulldowns then machine rows
For legs focus on hack squats, leg press (dont go too low or too heavy)

Pre-exhaustion!!!!!
If you pre-exhaust with isolation exercises you can keep your weights in check while you heal

Think about how you hurt your back, and relearn your form for each exercise

You can keep growing by shocking your muscles in a different way

Maybe you could try something like this

Chest
Bench press
Incline press
Flat Flyes or cable crossovers
DB Pullovers

Back
Pullups
Pulldowns behind the neck
Machine rows
Incline DB rows
Core work

Legs
Lunges or Leg extensions
Leg presses
Hack Squats
Lying leg curls
Standing leg curls
core work

Delts and Arms
Seated laterals
Incline rear laterals
Smith machine presses
DB presses

Seated DB curls
Preacher Curls
Close grip bench
Dips

NaturallyPumpd
08-13-09, 10:01 pm
thats some useful info ill have to save that to my computer whenever I need to keep it light in the gym.

Ironjaw
08-13-09, 10:29 pm
You can work around an injured lower back, Avoid....
Bent rows
Deadlifts
Standing Presses
Standing Curls
Standing laterals
Squats, front squats

Do your curls, presses, lateral raises seated
Do your rows and bent lateral with a chest support
Work on pullups and pulldowns then machine rows
For legs focus on hack squats, leg press (dont go too low or too heavy)

Pre-exhaustion!!!!!
If you pre-exhaust with isolation exercises you can keep your weights in check while you heal

Think about how you hurt your back, and relearn your form for each exercise

You can keep growing by shocking your muscles in a different way

Maybe you could try something like this

Chest
Bench press
Incline press
Flat Flyes or cable crossovers
DB Pullovers

Back
Pullups
Pulldowns behind the neck
Machine rows
Incline DB rows
Core work

Legs
Lunges or Leg extensions
Leg presses
Hack Squats
Lying leg curls
Standing leg curls
core work

Delts and Arms
Seated laterals
Incline rear laterals
Smith machine presses
DB presses

Seated DB curls
Preacher Curls
Close grip bench
Dips

i cant do hacks dont have the machinery as well as some of those others... standing curls i already did they dont affect me ..... i got the gist down paced now for what boundries i can acannot push ...found out today its a muscle spasm .... nutin to big i gotta keep off it for a btbut itsall gravy ya digg? lol i did box squats today no problem didnt feel ne backwhat so ever.... thanx for the info tho

Ironjaw
08-22-09, 1:08 pm
I have been thinkin, and really these days you dont see any variation when you look at a leg day ..... you see so much conventional .... from the journeys i look at its really all the same. Squat, Leg Ext, Ham Curl, Leg Press, Maybe you see some Lunges.... and most of the time its DB lunges.... you never see the odd stuff ... Sumos, parking lots, or box squats.
Sumo Squats whether your a BB or a PL have great worh to them.... they hit more of your glutes, hams, and somethin thats not hit all that much ... your inner thigh.... if you hit a front lat spread and you got a big hole between your legz ...hahahahah that pose just got canned.... I remember Ox talkin about this a while back but you still see the same mundane leg days.... shit they hurt like a cheap shot to the nuts but hey the end result is gold....these help with strength and with size.... your hip flexors get a beating with these as well and what makes a squat ....you guessed it ... your hips ... you aint doin shit at the bottom of that rep if you have shitty hips... just something i think some of you cats should chew on....

Peace,
-Jaw

Love2lift21
08-25-09, 1:09 am
Man, you bring up a lot of good info. Some of these things I think about and am doing wrong myself (cliche' leg day). Sticking around to see you recover and go past your previous records man, keep at it.
peace.

daddyg
08-26-09, 5:55 pm
grap the biggest dbell u can and sumo that bitch for a few sets.

Love2lift21
08-26-09, 11:13 pm
grap the biggest dbell u can and sumo that bitch for a few sets.

I'mma throw those in my next leg day (friday).
jaw, what part of fl?

Ironjaw
08-27-09, 1:40 am
above tampa .... in port richey lol not that i expect u to kno where port richey is considering ppl in st pete n tampa have no clue where it is lol

Love2lift21
08-27-09, 1:58 pm
above tampa .... in port richey lol not that i expect u to kno where port richey is considering ppl in st pete n tampa have no clue where it is lol

LoL, aight. Cool. I got fam up in Tampa area. I'm way down in Miami though...

Ironjaw
08-27-09, 2:15 pm
Theres something ive had on my mind lately ... hahaha and i kno a few ppl may not like this but i dont care its the truth and needs to be said... Arms do not make u the man... and i kno everyone nods their heads to this and agrees ye ye. now my question and frustrations come to this ... why do ppl give a shit about lagging biceps?? obviously if u agree to the 1 statement u should be sittin here posting the same whining thread (Theres been several to date ) Oh man i dont know what to do my lifes in shambles bc i dont have beefy arms... seriously is this what we as a community have stopped at? the stereo type of all who lift iron? big arms? riddle me this batman... how wide is your back ? how jacked are your quads??? how toned are those hams?? you know what the answer is??? they aint all that good... theres a wonderful thread put up by vinny saying you cant change the shape of your biceps but yet no1 looks for this info they just post the same bull oh how do i get that peak that inner bicep that softball shape..... it disgusts me.. your arms dont grow unless you BMI increases... im sure you guys kno this... and if u didnt now u do ... therefor stop pullin strenuous sessions of arms... that shit doesnt work ..i dont take my arm days seriously... well i take that back i hit tris hard and forearms... bis eh i do a set or 2 in modeate weight... but i stroll around with 17s really now ..... if you got time to bitch about arms you got time to get in a better leg or back day than you've been givin....

Vaze_06
08-27-09, 4:16 pm
u did do a sick arm's work out yesterday... ahahaha sorry hun, u know how much i like giving u crap... =)
tho thanks for smack in the head u are giving .... think most of the guys i know need it lol thats why im teaching them squats and deads ahah

NaturallyPumpd
08-27-09, 9:26 pm
Amen to that brother, I hate those kinds of guys in the gym posing after every set wondering how long it will take for there roids to kick in and make them as big as the guys in the magazine. I learned this lesson real dam quick when I stepped into the gym for the first time, I mean dam bro its not like you see guys curl as much as they can squat or dead for goodness sake its a assistant muscle, there only there to help your primary's move all those plates off the floor, But hey only the smart ones know this, and for the ones that dont man do they need a wake up call. Good post bro!

Ironjaw
08-28-09, 10:21 am
Amen to that brother, I hate those kinds of guys in the gym posing after every set wondering how long it will take for there roids to kick in and make them as big as the guys in the magazine. I learned this lesson real dam quick when I stepped into the gym for the first time, I mean dam bro its not like you see guys curl as much as they can squat or dead for goodness sake its a assistant muscle, there only there to help your primary's move all those plates off the floor, But hey only the smart ones know this, and for the ones that dont man do they need a wake up call. Good post bro!

i just got back to squats from being out for 2 weeks ..... and i smoked 345 ... y biceps didnt do shit for tht squat .....other then sit there and hold the bar..which is my forearms really so back to my point /..... u sitt there like a ass curling yourself to victory you aint going ne where but to the hospital when your shit tears..... just saying ... on that note machine said it best wat the fuck you gunna do when someone needs help moving something curl that shit like a jackass??? and now i rest my case

BigDubbDiesel
08-29-09, 2:59 pm
i really need to buy that t-shirt.

"yes i'm strong, no i wont help you move" haha think ive moved like 4 bedroom sets for buddies in the last 6 months.

NaturallyPumpd
08-30-09, 4:48 pm
i really need to buy that t-shirt.

"yes i'm strong, no i wont help you move" haha think ive moved like 4 bedroom sets for buddies in the last 6 months.

You got that right I get treated like hercules at work all day.