PDA

View Full Version : OK, so I'm injured, forearm

IQ Lifter
07-31-09, 9:19 am
I fucked up my right forarm, so I'm wearin one of those bands on the forarm muscle so I can keep training.

This ever happened to any of the Animals? How long does it take to recover?

I have been avoiding doing any curls and instead just doin triceps for now.

Any advice?

C.Coronato
07-31-09, 9:25 am
IQ - What did you do to it? Have you seen a DR?

IQ Lifter
07-31-09, 11:08 am
Saw my Doc. She gave me some anti inflamatory - NAPRELAN - said take it for a month. But it's still there. Hate this.

TigerAce01
07-31-09, 11:13 am
Stop training upper body for a week or so. Let it rest.

-Ace

rainwave
08-02-09, 12:53 am
Not sure what you had, but last year I was arm wrestling and I messed up my forearm muscle. Had an intramuscular tear (bruising occurred on the inside) and it really hurt to do simple things like open doors. It was similar to tennis elbow. Went to the doctor and he told me to buy the tennis elbow band, and I wrapped it on my upper forearm. Training upper body was out of the question. I could hardly lift anything without the pain coming back... and I decided altogether to stop training until it fully healed. Took me 6 1/2 weeks to get back into the gym, until the pain fully went away. I lost weight and strength, it was a pain not to go, but in the end it was the best decision. Training under the pain can only make it worse.

I would advise you to just let it fully heal before you go back into the gym, bro. Because if you make it worse... it'll really, really suck. Ice it several times a day, wear the band and for the love of pete don't take painkillers and then lift. It'll mask the pain, but you're still injured and there is a high risk you could further worsen it.

Just my two cents, good luck bro.