PDA

View Full Version : t-bar row chest supported mass builder?

Kingquads
07-31-09, 10:35 pm
hey is a t-bar row chest supported considered as a mass builder? because isnt the movement just a barbell row with your chest supported?

Kingquads
07-31-09, 11:43 pm
dont be scared guys we're all Animals, ill appreciate help from all of you

barbell
08-01-09, 12:02 am
I'm guessing it is..since your braced I think it allows you to focus and isolate the upper and middle back muscles a bit more. Another thing probably is that doing them braced eliminates the use of momentum to move the weight therefore youd get more contribution from those muscles..more contribution from those muscles = more muscle mass
We'll wait and see what the other fellas have to say.

Kingquads
08-01-09, 12:48 am
I'm guessing it is..since your braced I think it allows you to focus and isolate the upper and middle back muscles a bit more. Another thing probably is that doing them braced eliminates the use of momentum to move the weight therefore youd get more contribution from those muscles..more contribution from those muscles = more muscle mass
We'll wait and see what the other fellas have to say.

thanks for responding bro

trainer89
08-01-09, 9:32 am
I would say it is. cause Bent Over BB Rows are a mass builder and T-Bar rows are the same just isolated (as said above). you can really focus on the back more in my opinion.

BigDubbDiesel
08-01-09, 9:45 am
it's a hell of a lot easier to set up, only thing that i dislike is when you put a lot of weight on, that pad puts a lot of pressure on your sternum...dont forget about DL's!

t_mh
08-01-09, 11:56 am
Yeah that's my one problem with supported tbars. Too much weight and I feel too much pressure on my chest. I like them though.

mcbeast
08-01-09, 1:52 pm
Personally this exercise is great for contracting the muscle.Its also beneficial in raising your bench.I would mix it up.Tho deadlifts,and partials will really put the mass on along with some weighted pullups.Good luck.

IRN-NML
08-01-09, 2:12 pm
Give a choice, I'll take the T-bar w/o the chest pad as well.

IronWilson
08-01-09, 4:48 pm
I wouldn't be so focused on what is considered a "mass builder" or not. Whether you're trying to build muscle or shed fat, as long as you feel the exercise and lift heavy with proper form, you'll be golden.

So you don't have to t-bat row every back workout. But if you really like it, you can. Mix it up a little bit. Believe it or not, even Deadlifts don't work for ALL people. Some people are not physically built to get optimal benefits from Deadlifts. So find what works for you and don't worry about what looks hardcore.

Kingquads
08-01-09, 5:17 pm
Personally this exercise is great for contracting the muscle.Its also beneficial in raising your bench.I would mix it up.Tho deadlifts,and partials will really put the mass on along with some weighted pullups.Good luck.

weighted pullups!! lol!!!! thats a good one!!! im a heavy dude, pulldowns is what i should be doin

dyskee
08-01-09, 5:24 pm
They put alot of pressure on me too so i do barbell rows then throw in a couple of sets of chest supported rows for high reps as a finisher