PDA

View Full Version : Not Sure What To Do!!

bigweights74
08-02-09, 11:26 pm
I am living on a farm right now and have to save money to move out so my food and gym money are slim to none. I was just wondering what is the best thing I can do besides run and maybe some tractor tires to use but I'm just not that creative when it comes to using things around me unless I am in a gym. As far as food goes I kinda have to eat what they make I mean they have steaks but no great cuts of meat, hamburger but again not great meat. If anyone had any ideas on what to do about training and eating let me know.

Vaze_06
08-02-09, 11:54 pm
well bro.. u are in a farm.. surrounded by animals...
damn u came be creative!!! for example....
Press the Sheep, Squat the Pig or Catch the Chicken ahaha

tho seriously... pull ups, push up, squat with some on your back, mountain climber, some DBs...
if u stick with the basic, u should be good to go

rocky36
08-03-09, 12:35 am
You are on a farm... just pick up something heavy there is plenty things to choose from, try to keep a deadlift form while doing it. If you have an anvil do floor presses with it if you can. Any kind of chin up or pull up would work great to.. if thats not hard enough throw chains around your neck and shoulders. Do push ups and again if its to easy have somone put something on your back. Also if you have a straight solid bar around 5-8 feet you could make a makeshift barbell and make the weights by pouring concrete into buckets.. concrete is heavy shit so 2 large buckets would be a pretty decent weight to use. if you have any big rocks pick them up from the ground and then press them overhead.

There is plenty you can do, a farm is a great place to be when there is no way to a gym, the possibilites are virutally endless..

bigweights74
08-03-09, 12:46 am
Yeah bro those are great things to do. I have seen some of the ufc guys train as far as like the caveman workouts and stuff. I have a sledge and us it on tires. Also have a 2 mile basically block I am going to run in the mornings. As far as eating what should I do I mean these people really don't eat good at all. Any advice would be great fellas. Thanks for the feedback.

rocky36
08-03-09, 12:50 am
If there is absolutly nothing you can do about what they get from the store (if they even go) or what they get from their livestock. Then i would just try to eat as much protein as you can, even if you have to eat some bad fats and carbs the protien is what i would be focusing on the most. you can always burn off the extra bodyfat by cardio, its a bitch to gain muscle..

Cstlfx
08-03-09, 1:14 am
If you're on a farm there has to be a lot of equipment around you. For right now you may have to go the way of strength training.

What kind of farm are you on?

Do you have a sledgehammer? Hitting a tire is really good. Bails of hay? Clean and press. Big rocks? Lift it similar to the atlas stone. Get a big log and put it on your shoulders, you can do squats, lunges, and maybe the snatch if you get creative. Tire flips are excellent. Pull up variations, rope climbing, and other body weight exercises. Dont forget about pull objects. Start small with something and work your way up to your tractors.

If you're able to incorporate all of this into actual work on the farm, not only will you get a good workout, but I'm sure your family will be very happy you're working out, hahaha.

loligagger
08-03-09, 11:11 am
if your real tight on money, eggs are very inexpensive. even if you went through a dozen eggs a day, you would only be spending like 10 dollars a week.

good luck man, i like posts like these, where someone doesnt come up with an excuse to miss his/her lifts. an "average person" would say "shit, im on a farm i cant do my lifts." theres nothing better than proving excuses wrong

nvartolomei
08-03-09, 11:33 am
You can search for smth to build a bench. I think this will be easy, you can bring a pipe and put on each end something heavy.

I build 2 years ago smth like this for biceps curls, a pipe and 2 stones (2x(~10Kg)) tied to it :-D

Mizzarler
08-03-09, 12:11 pm
Dude if you get a power rack with a pull up bar, a bb and some weights you can do a whole lot with just that. I would try and save up and get that.
I thought this was cool but you need a lot of water.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55fzkXXcgH8&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fsportsimproper%2Ecom%2Findex%2Ep hp%3Foption%3Dcom%5Fcontent%26task%3Dview%26id%3D1 525%26Itemid%3D63&feature=player_embedded

shizz702
08-03-09, 12:23 pm
Doug Hepburn lived on a farm, was poor, and lived off of nothing more than milk, eggs, cheap meats, and went on to become one of the strongest men in his time. In fact, he was the first man to bench 500.

Do what you got to do bro, a weight set and a rack are a one time investment that will last you a lifetime, and shouldn't run you too much.

GJN5002
08-03-09, 3:54 pm
watch rocky IV, go from there.

t_mh
08-03-09, 4:09 pm
watch rocky IV, go from there.

You beat me to it.

bigweights74
08-03-09, 5:45 pm
You beat me to it.

Yeah I love that movie fellas he does some crazy ass shit in that barn, then runnin through deep as snow and running up a freakin mountain.

I MUST BREAK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! (lol)

bigweights74
08-03-09, 6:00 pm
Ok I think I got something figured out!!!!

I do have bands but only goes up to 50lbs
I have a dip belt

Truck pulls 25 yardsx5 F-150 truck
Pull ups with belt 25extra lbs x failure
Curls with the 50lbs bands 5x10,8,6,4,4
One arm band rows 5 x 12,10,8,6,4
Push ups 5 x failure
Dips 5 x failure

Cardio 2 miles mon, wed, fri, sun

Diet

Breakfast- 6 egg whites
Snack- 1 pb sandwich
Lunch-Turkey Sandwich
Snack-Fruit
Pre Workout-Turkey Sandwich
Post Workout-Whey Shake and Fruit
Dinner- Steak, baked potato plain and a vegetable

1 gallon or more of water daily

Current stats-26 yrs old
240 lbs
5'10

25% bf

I would like to get down to 200lbs

should I do more cardio adjust my diet

Ady
08-03-09, 6:01 pm
tho seriously... pull ups, push up, squat with some on your back, mountain climber, some DBs...
if u stick with the basic, u should be good to go

Sound advcie, Basics that we are all built of :)