PDA

View Full Version : Bambam92: Westside Barbell Certification!

BamBam
08-04-09, 12:27 pm
Hey fellas, been a while since I made some BIG noise in here....but just letting everyone know I am going to be working my ass off in preparation to get my WESTSIDE BARBELL certification. Ive been reading alot of the articles on their site, and have ordered the books needed to be "well read" in the diff and special / specific areas of becoming certified by W.S.B.B. It is a LONG road ahead of me with my nose in a shit ton of books, and many many articles...but damn, when I get done, and when I DO PASS MY TEST, I will be one hell of a trainer, coach, athlete..etc.

Im already an asst. coach with a local football team (H.S.) and its gonna be awesome to lift with these kids, grow with them, and watch the team I will hopefully be with for a while grow and dominate teams because we have that special edge, a little WESTSIDE knowledge and the ANIMAL brotherhood behind us (Me)!!

Anywho, just letting you guys know that on my quest to becoming certified, I will gain some very valuable knowledge, and want to pass it on to others and help out my fellow brothers and sisters IN IRON! Any questions or anything you guys wanna know, let me know. I will update a few times a week and make sure everyone knows the diff. training areas I am covering.

Wish me luck fellas!
IN IRON,
BB-

Cstlfx
08-04-09, 12:52 pm
Excellent!! I have no doubt you'll pass the test. I'm hoping one of these days I too will have that certification.

Best of luck to you, and have fun!

Hollow
08-04-09, 12:57 pm
Wishing you the very best BamBam92!

jon_carter13
08-04-09, 2:08 pm
Hell yeah son! Good luck!

machineman
08-04-09, 2:26 pm
good luck bro....looking forward to gaining some knowledge!

ghost
08-04-09, 2:35 pm
Good luck brother, that is absolutely awesome.!

CuttDeez
08-04-09, 2:48 pm
Congrats brother knock it dead!

Psycho77
08-05-09, 12:05 am
Best of luck on your quest, Bambam!

BamBam
08-05-09, 6:01 pm
Thanks fellas. I have already been reading the required articles and Ive already brought my game up another notch...its rediculous!!

IN IRON,
BB-

dannynb
08-05-09, 7:48 pm
Hell yeah!! Go for it.

BamBam
08-08-09, 10:51 pm
Thanks danny!

I have just recently talked to the man himself Louie Simmons himself and he said he wants me to visit the gym and talk with him first, and then study, and THEN come back and take the test in person!

Im so fucking pumped you have no idea...

IN IRON,
BB-

Gambit
08-08-09, 11:19 pm
Bam, I've been wondering where the hell you been. Now I'm proud of what I'm seeing!

Give 'em hell, bro.

K Stro24
08-09-09, 2:32 pm
Good luck brother, you got this

Fury317
08-09-09, 2:51 pm
WHAAAAATTTTTT THAT MEANS YOURE MOVING TO COLUMBUS!!! FUCK YEAH BUDDY

Finally we might be able to train together haha

HUGE PROPS AND CONGRATS! Thats awesome man. A buddy of mine has been working with Louie- David Kuck- he's a monster, and he's about our age. You'll probably meet him.

Let me know how shit goes down, and if you need to crash somewhere in Cbus call me.

BamBam
08-30-09, 3:07 pm
Im def still here fellas. Just hard to keep getting on here as regularly as I would like to. Im busy with my CBus travels, training, coaching, life itself with work ad the misses and such. But, Im still here and this westside stuff is top level stuff. I love it!!!

jon_carter13
08-30-09, 3:13 pm
Im def still here fellas. Just hard to keep getting on here as regularly as I would like to. Im busy with my CBus travels, training, coaching, life itself with work ad the misses and such. But, Im still here and this westside stuff is top level stuff. I love it!!!

Keep us updated bro!

BamBam
08-30-09, 3:17 pm
Im going to Westside this friday (the 4th) to train LEGS on a speed day for the first time with these guys....think I will be one of only a choice few who will be lifting RAW...I have no squat or DL suit, no briefs, etc etc....so...gonna show what I got with soem chalk, and true grit! Wish me luck and again .... ANY training questions you might have lemme know...I will post up a few things Im going to call "Westside Fun Facts" here and there...things I see and hear up there from some of the best in the world...

IN IRON,
BB-

violator
09-01-09, 4:39 am
chalk it up bro!...good luck, thats an awesome cert to have!....

Madcat
09-01-09, 7:18 am
Dam man I gotta work or Id atlest meet ya for the postmeal cuz I sure as shit wouldnt get the invite to hit Westside lol.

Congrats, let me ad Fury know whenever you are around man!!

Fury317
09-01-09, 9:36 am
Dam man I gotta work or Id atlest meet ya for the postmeal cuz I sure as shit wouldnt get the invite to hit Westside lol.

Congrats, let me ad Fury know whenever you are around man!!

Fuck yeah you better let me know. I have to work Friday evening, but if you want to grab a quick bite somewhere just hit my cell.

John- WHEN WE TRAINING!?!?! haha

BamBam
09-03-09, 12:21 am
Fuck yeah you better let me know. I have to work Friday evening, but if you want to grab a quick bite somewhere just hit my cell.

John- WHEN WE TRAINING!?!?! haha

Well, louie did say that if I ever had a training partner or a friend etc who I thought would benefit from his training and not bullshit his time then to bring them...so....not to say u dont have an invite fellas. just gotta ask the man himself..

IN IRON,
BB-

Fury317
09-03-09, 10:16 am
Well, louie did say that if I ever had a training partner or a friend etc who I thought would benefit from his training and not bullshit his time then to bring them...so....not to say u dont have an invite fellas. just gotta ask the man himself..

IN IRON,
BB-

OHHHHHHHH SHIIITTTTTT. Dude you know I would be down. Powerlifting isnt really my thing, but the man is a legend and would love to hear what he has to say about training in general. Not to mention, critiquing form to get every ounce of strength out of every lift. Let me know what I have to do Josh, I love to hit up Westside with you one of these days. It' dbe an honor.

Either way, how are things going? What has he been cramming into your brain over there? haha

Madcat
09-03-09, 5:47 pm
Fury
You back in town yet?

I m down asap mang. My left shoulder is giving me some issues so I m taking the week off from shoulders, I could use a delt blasting next week, or next weekend.

You around for The House's ABC, car pool??? Text me stat to set something up bro.

BamBam,
Dude, hit a brother up man. I would die to see Westside bro. Like Fury powerlifting is kinda new to me, but it would be a dream come true bro. The knowledge and the history alone would be amazing.

Hope things are going well.

BamBam
09-06-09, 12:13 pm
OHHHHHHHH SHIIITTTTTT. Dude you know I would be down. Powerlifting isnt really my thing, but the man is a legend and would love to hear what he has to say about training in general. Not to mention, critiquing form to get every ounce of strength out of every lift. Let me know what I have to do Josh, I love to hit up Westside with you one of these days. It' dbe an honor.

Either way, how are things going? What has he been cramming into your brain over there? haha

Fury
You back in town yet?

I m down asap mang. My left shoulder is giving me some issues so I m taking the week off from shoulders, I could use a delt blasting next week, or next weekend.

You around for The House's ABC, car pool??? Text me stat to set something up bro.

BamBam,
Dude, hit a brother up man. I would die to see Westside bro. Like Fury powerlifting is kinda new to me, but it would be a dream come true bro. The knowledge and the history alone would be amazing.

Hope things are going well.

Well guys next time I go I will ask Louie if its cool...shouldnt be a problem. Its fairly big gym and only certain guys lift on certain days...but I will ask for sure. He is one of the nicest and most helpful individuals I know. A true legend!

As for cramming my mind with stuff...it has been a mix with lifting stories, stories about meeting famous athletes and coaches and having Louie tell them they r retarded lol, just funny shit about life and friends, and then the never ending amount of stuff he has rammed down my throat into my skull about lifting like an ELITE member of society as he calls them.

Again, anything specific you guys wanna know about lemme know. I can hopefully start answering any questions you have...or to the best of my ability!

Hit it hard fellas and see you soon!

IN IRON,
BB-