PDA

View Full Version : help with routine

Clemson1
08-04-09, 5:38 pm
alright fellows so i'm heading up to school in about a week and a half (august 15th) so my training schedule will be different currently i'm doing

Monday chest bi
bench
incline
flys
2 bi movememtns

tues back
deadlift
pullups
rows
high row hammer machine

thurs legs
squat
leg press
extensions
and ham curls

fri shoulders and tris
military press
close bench
front and side raises
skull crushers
vbar pushdowns

thats my current set up once at school i'll most likely be working out in the morning on mon, wed,fri, sat...so how should i go about making a good workout?

whosnexttt
08-04-09, 5:43 pm
alright fellows so i'm heading up to school in about a week and a half (august 15th) so my training schedule will be different currently i'm doing

Monday chest bi
bench
incline
flys
2 bi movememtns

tues back
deadlift
pullups
rows
high row hammer machine

thurs legs
squat
leg press
extensions
and ham curls

fri shoulders and tris
military press
close bench
front and side raises
skull crushers
vbar pushdowns

thats my current set up once at school i'll most likely be working out in the morning on mon, wed,fri, sat...so how should i go about making a good workout?

looks good but dont train biceps before back, here ill fix it up for ya

Monday chest
incline
bench
incline flys
chest dips

tues back
deadlift
barbell row
pullups

thurs legs
squat
stiff-leg deadlifts (dont go heavy on these just feel your hamstrings stretching)
leg press
leg extensions
leg curls

fri shoulders and tris
military press
close bench
dumbbell bent over laterals (rear delts are important)
dumbbell side laterals
skull crushers (do them behind the head lying down, itl give you 20 inch guns in no time)

Clemson1
08-04-09, 8:45 pm
ok cool thanks newbie question whats the difference between still-leg dl and normal dl? Also should i rotate between the two? Also i notice no bi's (i know very controversial subject so you would recommend not working out bis? And could i transfer this workout to m,w,f,s schedule?

Litty-T
08-04-09, 8:50 pm
ok cool thanks newbie question whats the difference between still-leg dl and normal dl? Also should i rotate between the two? Also i notice no bi's (i know very controversial subject so you would recommend not working out bis? And could i transfer this workout to m,w,f,s schedule?

Just search "stiff-leg deadlift" on youtube. Stiffys are good for the hammies.

RICER88
08-05-09, 11:39 am
If you want to hit your biceps, throw them in on back day, with 1-2 movements ie BB curls and Hammer curls. or re work it so that you hit your biceps on a day after back. so if you wanted to keep chest and biceps use a split like Dorian Yates: shoulders/ Triceps, Back, Chest/Biceps, Legs

RICER88

theharjmann
08-05-09, 11:49 am
Do back on Monday

Back takes A HELL OF A LOT MORE ENERGY to train properly than chest does.

MON - Back
TUE - Chest, biceps
WED - REST
THU - Legs
FRI - Delts, triceps
SAT & SUN - rest and eat eat eat eat eat!

Clemson1
08-05-09, 12:22 pm
ok awesome thanks for the replies ya i hit back hard yesterday and deadlifts just wore the heck out of me

whosnexttt
08-05-09, 4:22 pm

do 2 sets of very strict barbell curls to failure and 2 ses of preacher curls to failure on back day

whosnexttt
08-05-09, 4:23 pm
Do back on Monday

Back takes A HELL OF A LOT MORE ENERGY to train properly than chest does.

MON - Back
TUE - Chest, biceps
WED - REST
THU - Legs
FRI - Delts, triceps
SAT & SUN - rest and eat eat eat eat eat!

why monday? how bout sunday? no how about wednesday? .......let the man decide when he wants to train back

theharjmann
08-05-09, 4:56 pm
why monday? how bout sunday? no how about wednesday? .......let the man decide when he wants to train back

because i said BACK REQUIRES A LOT OF ENERGY TO TRAIN

and after 2 days rest he is all energised up with calories so will be able to hit it hard

it is much easier to do some bench presses and dumbell presses than do deadlifts, rows, pullups.

so yeah he can choose, but the gist is that he needs more rest days before back so he can plough all the energy he can into it....likewise with legs which is why i reccomended he take the day before training legs off.