PDA

View Full Version : Swatdaddy's Journey to the Freakshow

swatdaddy
08-04-09, 7:13 pm
I am new to bodybuilding and like so many others I am trying to consume as much knowledge as anyone. I am married father of two with a full time job so my training time is somewhat limited. All my life I have been skinny with little to no muscle to show. I started training about a year ago and I am now ready to take my training to a new level.

How I got started....Last year my doctor told me my cholesterol was too high, at the time I weighed 190 lbs at 6'2. That sounds like a solid build until I tell you I was 21% bodyfat. At that time I knew little about training and started a diet and some cardio with the occasional Resistance training session. This led to me going back to my nasty skinny build, 159lbs at my lowest. This is when I decided to make some changes and start pushing some iron. I bought a Powertec home gym (September '08) since I lift alone and don't have a spotter. With this machine I can use plates and go heavy with the safety of the machine.

I am now 172lbs at 12% bodyfat. I feel great about the progress and know that gaining about 10lbs of muscle in one year is an awesome accomplishment for someone my build. I have been taking Animal Pak since the beginning but beyond that I didn't understand what my body needed. I have recently been using M Stak along with a quality gainer and have seen some nice results. By cycling the M Stak and eating tons of quality calories I know I will reach my goals.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

swatdaddy
08-04-09, 9:48 pm
Squats: 5 sets of 5 reps
Hack Squats: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Stiff-Legged Deadlifts: 3 sets of 8-12 reps

Superset: Walking Lunges: 3 sets of 50 reps
Lying Leg Curls: 3 sets of 8 reps

* Drop Set: Leg Extension: 2 sets -