PDA

View Full Version : Insulin: Resistance and Sensitivity

IronJunkie
08-05-09, 9:48 am
I live by eating every 2-3 hours, and aim for at least 5K calories every day. I've read almost everything on here relating to diet, and I'm attempting to pick apart every aspect of my own. One of my buddies keeps telling me to keep my fish oils (FLEX) up because it makes one insulin sensitive. A part of me wants to know if there's and science behind that before I start going crazy with the omega-rich foods.. Thanks.

krazyassmexican
08-05-09, 10:11 am
go to superhumanradio.com and in the archives there's a 3 part show with dr scott conelly in my opinion those shows are the way to go, check them up and hear what insulin sensitivity really is and how to combat it

Fury317
08-05-09, 10:22 am
IS WINKLEDICK GIVING YOU THIS INFO?!?!?! haha

Just playing man, my opinion- keep everything in check. Dont go crazy wiht fish oils or Flex or whatever. What youre doing is working, Ive seen it. Just fucking eat man. Dont get sucked into being too scientific or thinking too much. EAT AND TRAIN AND BECOME A MONSTER!!!

Also, I think krazy is right, I think you might have the wrong idea of what insulin sensitivity is.

GJN5002
08-05-09, 10:24 am
there are many things that effect insulin sensitivity.

lower body fat equals better sensitivity
more good fat in your diet
less carbs in your diet, if you bombard yourself with carbs (insulin) all the time it becomes less sensitive to it.

As far as the science, I will try to find an article for you.

McFly
08-05-09, 10:26 am
don't worry about getting too scientific bro....nothing wrong with keeping some good fats in your diet but there is no magic....good old fashion eating and training will always get you there. it's the consistency day in and day out that will yield results, results you can learn from and adjust year after year to better yourself.

IronJunkie
08-05-09, 10:30 am
Thanks all. Notice I said "one of my buddies." Winkledick is far from that category, Fury. You know that haha. I'll check it all out.

Fury317
08-05-09, 10:32 am
Thanks all. Notice I said "one of my buddies." Winkledick is far from that category, Fury. You know that haha. I'll check it all out.

Haha true, true. Well, listen to McFly and dont think too much. Its seemed to work pretty well for him and Big Al... Ive seen pics haha.

krazyassmexican
08-05-09, 10:36 am
don't worry about getting too scientific bro....nothing wrong with keeping some good fats in your diet but there is no magic....good old fashion eating and training will always get you there. it's the consistency day in and day out that will yield results, results you can learn from and adjust year after year to better yourself.

i know bodybuilding is the unhealthiest sport of all times but i mean if the brother thinks he has that problem he should combat it, there's nothing wrong with worrying about your health

McFly
08-05-09, 10:37 am
i know bodybuilding is the unhealthiest sport of all times but i mean if the brother thinks he has that problem he should combat it, there's nothing wrong with worrying about your health

true dat.....I always consult my doctor if I feel I have an health issue or concern....ALWAYS