PDA

View Full Version : BULKING: what time do you cut carbs

The Epidemic
08-05-09, 6:46 pm
i was told to cut them at 6p

Naturally Huge
08-05-09, 7:29 pm
Dude, that's a fat loss tactic. If you're serious about putting on weight, then eat them even until bed.

The Epidemic
08-05-09, 8:47 pm
Dude, that's a fat loss tactic. If you're serious about putting on weight, then eat them even until bed.

really? would insulin be released and then just store as fat as i sleep

CallOfTheWintermoon
08-05-09, 9:30 pm
dont worry about it, ESPECIALLY if you train at night

The Epidemic
08-05-09, 9:33 pm
i train 9a

spyderman4g63
08-05-09, 10:11 pm
If you are bulking you will want carbs in you before you sleep.

barbell
08-05-09, 10:20 pm
Oatmeal..you can add it to your "bedtime" shake.

IronJunkie
08-05-09, 10:54 pm
Oatmeal..you can add it to your "bedtime" shake.
X2 for sure. If your goal is to put on weight, throw some oats in a coffee grinder (or magic bullet, etc.) and mix them in your shaker. Don't worry so much about the fat gain. It would be different if you were eating a popcorn bowl portion of sugar-packed cereal before bed. I'd say you're fine with oats. I'm on a bulking cycle, and I go through a tub of oats every couple days. Peace, and happy gains!

IronWilson
08-05-09, 10:55 pm
Since you train at 9am, you can take your carbs out of the last meal in the day. But make sure you get the fats in that meal.

However, if you ate carbs in your meal before bed and were still within your macros, it wouldn't hurt you any. That myth that eating carbs before bed makes you fat is mostly not applicable to one who stays within their macros and is attempting to gain mass. If you for some reason could not get enough carbs in before this meal, go ahead and eat carbs. But if you have, then leave the carbs out.

GJN5002
08-05-09, 11:10 pm
I feel like I saty leaner when I cut the carbs before bed. Usually have milk, whey, casein, and peanut butter.

Wasteland
08-06-09, 9:24 am
i was told to cut them at 6p

Told? By whom?

G Diesel
08-06-09, 9:54 am
Told? By whom?

I believe that is an old Doggcrapp tactic. They have carb cutoffs in the evening as a method of minimizing bodyfat accumulation while bulking. It probably has some merit for bigger dudes already carrying a lot of mass or particularly carb sensitive guys or those with slow metabolisms, but wouldn't really apply to most smaller dudes just looking to put on size.

Peace, G

Wasteland
08-06-09, 9:58 am
I believe that is an old Doggcrapp tactic. They have carb cutoffs in the evening as a method of minimizing bodyfat accumulation while bulking. It probably has some merit for bigger dudes already carrying a lot of mass or particularly carb sensitive guys or those with slow metabolisms, but wouldn't really apply to most smaller dudes just looking to put on size.

Peace, G

Thanks for the clarification G Diesel. And you raise a very good point.

Firefist
08-06-09, 1:02 pm
Meal # 6: The Bed Time Banquet
On meal six, I like to choose a meal that will last longer in digestion. That way, I will not wake up in the middle of the night wanting to gnaw my fucking arm off. Don’t be afraid to eat carbs before bed in a mass building phase... Remember, you only grow when you sleep. My carb of choice for this meal is oats because they burn slow and will last longer in the body. I eat my oats along with some chicken breast. I feel like I get my best sleep if I eat chicken at this last meal. I aim to eat around twelve ounces of chicken. If I do wake up in the middle of the night, I will curb my hunger with a spoonful of peanut butter… I always keep it on the night stand.

straight from an article by house. Simple, no bullshit, basic stuff.
http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?section=diet&ID=321