PDA

View Full Version : "You're taking forever to finish that.."

IronJunkie
08-05-09, 11:39 pm
I don't know if I'm surrounded by people who don't understand my lifestyle or just don't care, but I'm always getting bitched at for how long I'm i the kitchen. I'm not going for the Guinness world record for time to eat a meal or anything. I just try to eat every 2-3 hours, but in doing so, I feel like I'm always in the damn kitchen either prepping, cooking, or choking the roughly 5,000 cals/day down the hatch. Anyone else in the same boat?

rocky36
08-05-09, 11:45 pm
yes and no. i feel like im always cooking and preparing it but when it comes to eating it never takes to long for me at all lol. I eat very quick and im very protective of my food just ask anyone who asks "hey man that looks good can i have a bite"....

Muscleguy93
08-05-09, 11:46 pm
I don't know if I'm surrounded by people who don't understand my lifestyle or just don't care, but I'm always getting bitched at for how long I'm i the kitchen. I'm not going for the Guinness world record for time to eat a meal or anything. I just try to eat every 2-3 hours, but in doing so, I feel like I'm always in the damn kitchen either prepping, cooking, or choking the roughly 5,000 cals/day down the hatch. Anyone else in the same boat?

I feel U...iron, i hate when i get bitched @. but lol I inhale my food.

Firefist
08-05-09, 11:54 pm
i eat my food waaaaay to fast. a few hours ago, i had a big plate of shredded chicken breast and pasta (ox style), and in the time it took for my dad to pick up the phone, and get clarification when the lawnmower would be fixed, i was already done haha.

i do get bitched at alot for eating to much "musclebuilding foods" that "make me fat" and not enough veggies. Fair enough, ill bite on the later half of the statement.

Thrower
08-06-09, 2:17 am
Im still in high school livin with my parents so they yell at me for eating all the food in the house and I usually get close to stabbin my cat when it gets near my chicken or tuna.

On Letting Go
08-06-09, 6:54 am
Impeccable timing for this thread. Just LAST NIGHT my girlfriend came to me and said that i spend way too much time in the kitchen cooking and eating all my meals, which takes away from quality-time with her. Then she left.

IronJunkie
08-06-09, 7:49 am
Im still in high school livin with my parents so they yell at me for eating all the food in the house and I usually get close to stabbin my cat when it gets near my chicken or tuna.

Lmao I totally feel ya on the cat situation. Those little bastards are sneaky.

OLG: That sucks, bro, but that reminds me of the "Be Selfish" article. Keep up the good work. I know it's paying off.

GJN5002
08-06-09, 10:09 am
Impeccable timing for this thread. Just LAST NIGHT my girlfriend came to me and said that i spend way too much time in the kitchen cooking and eating all my meals, which takes away from quality-time with her. Then she left.

i feel you man, this has been the cause of numerous fights between me and my girl.

CuttDeez
08-06-09, 10:15 am
My girlfriend got really upset about all the time I spent in the kitchen. It wasn't just that it was a multitude of things

1. I would eat so much but still have a 6 pack which she thought was unfair
2. I would eat so lean and healthy that when we went out to dinner and I ordered healthier than here she would get mad
3. I spend so much time preparing food.

1. This battle died eventually. She started working out more and just started to understand I needed to eat.

2. I started to convince her to eat a little healthier. And As I became a better cook and more inventive my meals became more appealing to the eye adn no longer looks like whole wheat pasta sitting next to a chicken breast.

3. I made kitchen time a together thing. We look up recipes online and we modify them and we cook together.

It ended up bringing us closeer.

Firefist
08-06-09, 12:49 pm
My girlfriend got really upset about all the time I spent in the kitchen. It wasn't just that it was a multitude of things

1. I would eat so much but still have a 6 pack which she thought was unfair
2. I would eat so lean and healthy that when we went out to dinner and I ordered healthier than here she would get mad
3. I spend so much time preparing food.

1. This battle died eventually. She started working out more and just started to understand I needed to eat.

2. I started to convince her to eat a little healthier. And As I became a better cook and more inventive my meals became more appealing to the eye adn no longer looks like whole wheat pasta sitting next to a chicken breast.

3. I made kitchen time a together thing. We look up recipes online and we modify them and we cook together.

It ended up bringing us closeer.

solid bro, thats a great thing.

futurefreak101
08-06-09, 11:17 pm
i used to eat alot then realized it just got me pretty fat.
to many cals were not doing me good.
i been cutting and all i hear is wtf is that your eating or why cant you eat this or omg try this its so good your missing out.

so i guess im the opposite but i have been on the side your talking about
gets annoying either way.

J Wong
08-07-09, 12:28 am

My cat gets to lick the can dry, when she is done, it looks like nothing was ever in that can.

theharjmann
08-07-09, 3:35 am
My cat gets to lick the can dry, when she is done, it looks like nothing was ever in that can.

i hope she doesnt cut her tongue on the end of the can!

OPSNORM
08-07-09, 2:56 pm
My all time favorite is "that cant be healthy eating all that meat" bodybuilders die of cholesterol, blah blah blah especially when its a out of shape person or smoker telling me this.

N. Motta
08-07-09, 3:20 pm
I started blending 5 of my 6 daily meals. I fucking love it. The blender is roaring as I type this.