PDA

View Full Version : Where Ugliness Becomes Beautiful

Pages : 1 [2]

C.Coronato
10-20-09, 3:27 pm
Thanks TTL. Its not too bad. I don't get too hungry which is a good thing. Visions of carbs are dancing in my head at night though.

Haha, i had the same shit bro. I literally would dream about carbs for the first week or so.

Chase "BIG COUNTRY" Browning
10-20-09, 3:35 pm
Great log in here bro, going to be following for this cut. I am working to break the 200lb barrier by the end of 09. Looking like I need about 10 more pounds, so reading your log is definitely a motivational tool. I will probably follow a similar path, get up above 200, then cut down. All the workouts in here look on point...

Glad to have you bro. You got your path laid out, just keep moving. All of the products that I used for my bulk are no joke to the point supplements. Definately give them a try on your quest for 200.

Haha, i had the same shit bro. I literally would dream about carbs for the first week or so.

You ain't kiddin' brah. Laid in my bed last night for like 20mins before I fell asleep thinking of Domino's breadbowl pasta, Ritz crackers, and D.P. Dough(if you've never heard of D.P. Dough, find one the second you step off stage haha)

OklahomaMuscle
10-20-09, 4:20 pm
You ain't kiddin' brah. Laid in my bed last night for like 20mins before I fell asleep thinking of Domino's breadbowl pasta, Ritz crackers, and D.P. Dough(if you've never heard of D.P. Dough, find one the second you step off stage haha)

It only gets better my friend. I swear by week 3 your sense of smell is heightened by at least 300% I think at times I could smell the pizza delivery guy from 3 blocks away...and don't get me started on people eating at work/school...it's worth it in the end, but a pain in the ass along the way...haha. Keep on the grind

hardworkE
10-20-09, 4:47 pm
Glad to have you bro. You got your path laid out, just keep moving. All of the products that I used for my bulk are no joke to the point supplements. Definately give them a try on your quest for 200.

Nice, I'm going to be on a similar stack. Did you run one can of M-stak or two back to back? I used M-stak last year and had some great gains. Hoping for the same when I start it up again this week.

10-20-09, 5:43 pm
It only gets better my friend. I swear by week 3 your sense of smell is heightened by at least 300% I think at times I could smell the pizza delivery guy from 3 blocks away...and don't get me started on people eating at work/school...it's worth it in the end, but a pain in the ass along the way...haha. Keep on the grind

Sense of smell is already heightened. haha Dad cracked the seal on the peanut butter this weekend, and I could smell it 2 rooms away.

Nice, I'm going to be on a similar stack. Did you run one can of M-stak or two back to back? I used M-stak last year and had some great gains. Hoping for the same when I start it up again this week.

I ran 3 cans of M-stak back to back. Depending on how long your bulk is I would consider doing 3 cans back to back, or 2 2 can cycles(2 cans, 3-4 weeks off, 2 more cans). Always pays to have a game plan my man.

scals
10-20-09, 7:12 pm
How goes it brother?

Firedrake
10-20-09, 8:00 pm
Looks like you've got a good start! The diet's going to be like that -- hungry as hell one day, stuffed the next, as your metabolism adapts to it, and when the cardio kicks in after a few days and you start burning the fat. It's a real roller coaster, I can tell you. I took off 43 pounds between mid-October and the end of February.

I'll be doing it again starting in mid-to-late January . . . this time for a show . . .

Get it DONE!

10-20-09, 8:52 pm
Slept in a little. No cardio on leg day!

Cuts

Cuts
Workout
Weight- 198lbs

Power Squat Front Squats- 1ppsx15, 2ppsx15, 3ppsx15, 4ppsx15
Power Squat Front Squats SS with 20 rep 12in Box Squats(Bar)- 6ppsx3, 5ppsx6x6
Calf Press(Leg Press)- 3ppsx30, 4ppsx30, 5ppsx30, 6ppsx30, 7ppsx30
Single Leg Ext.- x10x10x10
Kneeling Single Leg Curls- x10x10x10

*Thoughts*
What a ridiculous fucking leg day? If you wanna little insight on the tempo, my workout partner was telling me to go to hell with vomit in his mouth and nothing more than the 45lb bar on his back. After 4ppsx15, I sat down in the floor and had to immediately rollover and lay on my stomach, because when I sat down it hindered my breathing just enough to bring that puke I'd been fighting down into my throat. This is one for the fucking books fellas.

Workout- Chest, Delts, Tris

Weight- 202lbs

DB Presses[100's- inclinex6, flatx6, inclinex6, flatx6 -front delts are fucked up-
Light DB Flies and Machine Presses
Cable Side Raises- x10x10x10
Bent Over DB Side Raises- 40'sx8x8x8, 30'sx15
BB Kickbacks- 50x15x15x15x15
Dip Machine- x30x20x10

Ok, so my front delts are destroyed. I don't know if its from going heavy on Monday, or if its from front squats on Tuesday. All I know is the I pushed through the pain for the 4 sets of presses. Then, I grabbed the 40's for incline flies, and I got 1 rep before I decided to call it quits. Ok, more potential bad news. Typing a PM to Rage along with pics of my legs as soon as I post this. I am possibly going to skip out on the teen show, and focus my efforts towards next years Fankhouser Grand Prix. I'll be there this weekend to scope out the collegiate class. My thighs are setting at 26 1/2in. Pitiful. I will not go on stage with a package that I am not proud of. I will never be satisfied, but I think it is possible to bring forth a package that I am proud to present. One quote keeps rolling through my mind. "Pain of discipline. Pain of regret." My beach boy days finally caught up to me. Should've been training legs 2 years ago. Granted I was injured for part of the time, but I will admit that I milked it for all that its worth. Pain of regret.......

For those of you that remember reading this post^ back on 9/10/09. Measured my thighs and calves today. 27in thighs and I'm 4lbs lighter. Calves measured up at 16in. I was considering calling it quits, thighs were sittin at 26.5(pumped) and calves were sittin at 15.75(pumped). Pain of discipline... Moral of the story, stick with it fellas.

How goes it brother?

Legs are convulsing as I type this, so... pretty damn good. haha

Looks like you've got a good start! The diet's going to be like that -- hungry as hell one day, stuffed the next, as your metabolism adapts to it, and when the cardio kicks in after a few days and you start burning the fat. It's a real roller coaster, I can tell you. I took off 43 pounds between mid-October and the end of February.

I'll be doing it again starting in mid-to-late January . . . this time for a show . . .

Get it DONE!

Everybodys doin shows. I like it. I feel the sport of bodybuilding is on the rise again. As for the diet, my metabolism is adjusting. Took me close to 45mins to down 8oz of chicken and some rice today though. haha 43lbs is no small feat FD, damn! You inspire the hell outta me, you know that?

B Con
10-21-09, 10:39 am
brutal fucking leg day. That is all...

10-21-09, 2:27 pm
brutal fucking leg day. That is all...

Thanks B. Legs are sore as hell today.

Aggression
10-21-09, 3:08 pm
Sick nasty up in here with them leg workouts. niCe job.

10-21-09, 5:56 pm
6am 45mins Bike (Legs are demolished)

Cuts

Cuts

Workout
Weight- 196.7

Pull-ups- Widex12, Closex12, Widex12, Closex12 all overhand
Cable Rows- x15, 2 burnouts dropping 2 plates each failure starting with stack
Straight Arm Pushdowns- Widex10, Closex10, Widex10, Closex10
House's Standing Pulldowns- x12x12x12x12
One Arm Cable High Rows- x30, x20

*Thoughts*
Solid session. Not a ridiculous pump, more like a dull throbbing painful pump. Pull-ups were amazing. I was amazed at how easily 12 slow and controlled reps came.

Sick nasty up in here with them leg workouts. niCe job.

Thanks Aggression. Trying to go all out to bring all I can to the stage.

Firedrake
10-21-09, 6:04 pm
Dull, throbbing and painful can be good . . . honest!

Great work!

10-22-09, 8:21 am
Dull, throbbing and painful can be good . . . honest!

Great work!

Thanks FD. I definately felt torn down when I left.

Ricky P
10-22-09, 8:59 am
6am 45mins Bike (Legs are demolished)

Cuts

Cuts

Workout
Weight- 196.7

Pull-ups- Widex12, Closex12, Widex12, Closex12 all overhand
Cable Rows- x15, 2 burnouts dropping 2 plates each failure starting with stack
Straight Arm Pushdowns- Widex10, Closex10, Widex10, Closex10
House's Standing Pulldowns- x12x12x12x12
One Arm Cable High Rows- x30, x20

*Thoughts*
Solid session. Not a ridiculous pump, more like a dull throbbing painful pump. Pull-ups were amazing. I was amazed at how easily 12 slow and controlled reps came.

Damn, pretty solid. Makes me think about re-working my back day today.... Good shit, brother.

B Con
10-22-09, 10:13 am
Nothing beats a good set of pull ups. Great work as always... seems like being "that guy" is paying off for ya.

Kon_Rock
10-22-09, 10:45 am
Yeah man on the New Cuts!! How do you like compared to the old so far???

10-22-09, 10:49 am
Damn, pretty solid. Makes me think about re-working my back day today.... Good shit, brother.

I'm considering making Saturday a Back/Hammie day, so I can hit mine twice a week. Donno for sure though.

Nothing beats a good set of pull ups. Great work as always... seems like being "that guy" is paying off for ya.

Love pull-ups, we used to ramble bout pull-ups daily. haha

Yeah man on the New Cuts!! How do you like compared to the old so far???

Definately a smoother energy and thermogenic. I'm not instantly roasting, but my body temp seems to rise slowly and maintain that elevation longer. Definately feeling the appetite suppression, meals have been much ahrder to get down these past few days.

Kon_Rock
10-22-09, 11:06 am
Definately a smoother energy and thermogenic. I'm not instantly roasting, but my body temp seems to rise slowly and maintain that elevation longer. Definately feeling the appetite suppression, meals have been much ahrder to get down these past few days.

Yeah the smoother energy is nice, I really like the new stuff! I think I have a high body temp cuz I was pretty warm while I was taking it.

C.Coronato
10-22-09, 2:05 pm

Check bro .. i hope you get your thoughts under control soon or else its gonna be a longgg road for you my friend. But im gonna check it right now lol.

hardworkE
10-22-09, 2:35 pm
I like the high reps at the end of the workout to completely flood the muscle. I use that technique often, feels great.

10-22-09, 3:52 pm
Cuts

45mins Bike

Cuts

Workout
Weight- 196lbs

DB Side Laterals- 30'sx15, 40'sx12x12x12, 25'sx20x20
Read Delt Flies- 10'sx20x20x20
Seated Shoulder Press- 95x20, 115x18, 135x16, 155x12, 185x3 drop 95x20
Behind the Neck Press 115x20 SS BB Front Raises 60x20 (x3)
Upright Rows 60x15 SS BB Shrugs 135x20 (x3)(Slow and Controlled)
Rear Delt Fliesx20 SS BB Shrugs- 135x30, 225x30, 315x20

*Thoughts*
Great workout. The high volume, drops, and supersets really felt great. Really pushed myself.

Yeah the smoother energy is nice, I really like the new stuff! I think I have a high body temp cuz I was pretty warm while I was taking it.

I'm still waiting on the heat. haha

Check bro .. i hope you get your thoughts under control soon or else its gonna be a longgg road for you my friend. But im gonna check it right now lol.

I got it under control bro. Wrote "Instant Gratification" on a sheet of paper with a sharpie and put it on my wall. Gotta think about the longterm brother.

I like the high reps at the end of the workout to completely flood the muscle. I use that technique often, feels great.

Yeah gotta get that blood pumpin!

Firedrake
10-22-09, 4:11 pm
Nice session! I love the multiple dropsets and the volume!

scals
10-22-09, 5:59 pm
Sorry you wont be at Tech this weekend. Have fun at the game.

C.Coronato
10-23-09, 9:27 am
I got it under control bro. Wrote "Instant Gratification" on a sheet of paper with a sharpie and put it on my wall. Gotta think about the longterm brother.

Thats great bro. Keep your mind right and you will do just fine.

Aggression
10-23-09, 10:39 am

Amen to that bro. I'm at the end of my first ever contest prep, CGTB. It was tough laying off all the cheats, foods, drinks, etc., but you gotta have discipline. Look at the show as something you HAVE to do, not something you WANT to do, or FEEL LIKE doing. That's how I looked at it and it definitely helped. Sure, I could have had a bite of something and still could have come in 'decent', but I wanted to do the best I can. I wanted to leave that stage knowing I couldn't try any harder, that I didn't miss a single meal/cardio/training session. When I walk off the stage, win/lose/whatever, I'll know I brought the best possible package, and I'm OK with that. Do it up bro.

10-23-09, 2:34 pm
Nice session! I love the multiple dropsets and the volume!

Thanks FD, delts are fried this morning. haha

Sorry you wont be at Tech this weekend. Have fun at the game.

Lift hard and eat big afterwards bro.

Thanks TTL. Between you and Aggression, I have no choice but to keep my head on. I appreciate it fellas.

Amen to that bro. I'm at the end of my first ever contest prep, CGTB. It was tough laying off all the cheats, foods, drinks, etc., but you gotta have discipline. Look at the show as something you HAVE to do, not something you WANT to do, or FEEL LIKE doing. That's how I looked at it and it definitely helped. Sure, I could have had a bite of something and still could have come in 'decent', but I wanted to do the best I can. I wanted to leave that stage knowing I couldn't try any harder, that I didn't miss a single meal/cardio/training session. When I walk off the stage, win/lose/whatever, I'll know I brought the best possible package, and I'm OK with that. Do it up bro.

Thanks Aggression. Like I said above you and TTL definately keep my head on my shoulders. Not only do you guys motivate me, but you make me keep myself in check. I think that I can shed fat pretty quickly, and sometimes I get these thoughts in my head that one meal won't matter, or if I miss a session of cardio it won't matter I'll come in dry in anyways. Like my ego's tellin me everythings are goin to turn out fine even if I slack off, and it doesn't work that way. You and TTL keep that perspective in my head. Thanks fellas.

Pizzalamp
10-24-09, 9:48 am
this is a great journey
your pix and workouts are proof of your hard work and drive
consider me subbd

10-24-09, 1:13 pm
Hit arms last night at my girlfriends house. On of my friends was getting rid of a pretty nice Gold's Gym weight bench(incline, decline, flat, leg ext, leg curl, lat pulldown), so I picked it up and took it to my girlfriend's little brother. He's only 14, and I've had him doing push ups, pull-ups, and abs for the past year or so. He's been dying to get his hands on the weights, and last night he got his first taste of the iron. Hooked him up with about half a tub of Ultra Whey Pro, too. He's going to be a little monster in no time. He's like 5'2 103lbs, so I put 105 on the bar to see if he could bench his bodyweight. He did it 7 times after hitting triceps. haha

BB Curls- 45x12, 65x12, 85x12, 95x12
Skulls- 65x15, 85x15, 105x8
Tricep Pushdowns- x20x20x20x30
Preacher Curls- x20x20x20
Overhead Ext- x15x15x15
32's(I made these up)- Curl bottom 1/3x8, middle 1/3x8, top 1/3x8, full repx8 (2 sets)

As solid of session as I could get in as he doesn't have much weight(bout 75lbs in plates). Give the 32's a try, I'm going to get a video of them next week.

this is a great journey
your pix and workouts are proof of your hard work and drive
consider me subbd

Thanks brother. Glad to have you along for the ride.

Firefist
10-24-09, 2:32 pm
solid workout man, haha that kids gonna be a monster! i did 95 for 5 when i first started.

10-24-09, 5:33 pm
Accessory Day- haha

Wide Grip Chins- x8x8x8x8x8
Glute Hams- x15x15x15x15
Seated Calf Raises SS Standing Calf Raises (x5)
Lying Leg Curls- x15x15
Abs
Pussy Squats(No Rest)- 225x20, 315x15, 405x10, 425x6 drop 275x8 ATG

45mins Cardio on the Bike

*Thoughts*
Wasn't really planning on hittin the legs this hard, but some friends of mine were doin overloads(I call them Pussy Squats). Wide grip chins felt good. My core is destroyed. Full ab circuit then jumped into squats. haha

solid workout man, haha that kids gonna be a monster! i did 95 for 5 when i first started.

Absolutely haha. He was bitten by the iron bug before he even touched a bar. I give him all my old muscle mags, stickers, etc. He's been killing a 3 day split of pushups, pullups, dips, and curls for a little over a year. I thought it was the perfect time for him to make the switch over to the iron.

Firedrake
10-25-09, 1:20 am
Nice work for you today, and great effort with the little brother.

I was 14 when I first got my dad to let me go to a gym, and I've never looked back.

Pizzalamp
10-26-09, 6:11 am
impressive weight to have on your shoulders in those squats
solid day...

10-26-09, 8:26 am
Nice work for you today, and great effort with the little brother.

I was 14 when I first got my dad to let me go to a gym, and I've never looked back.

Thanks FD. Just trying to give back and keep the sport growing. I was 13-14 when my parents bought me a Bowflex, but I just didn't have the drive back then. I have a feeling that he will stick with it, especially as long as I am around.

impressive weight to have on your shoulders in those squats
solid day...

Thanks PL. Can't wait to get full reps with those weights. I've got a little squat program that I'm going to start running this week. We will see where I'm at in 6 weeks or so. I'm hoping for 405 ATG for 1 rep.

C.Coronato
10-26-09, 11:01 am
Looking good. Not sure how i feel about them pussy squats, but if you like em, more power haha.

LittleMan55
10-26-09, 11:09 am
Very good work in here as always!

Aggression
10-26-09, 11:22 am
What is this 'Pussy Squats' nonsense? By how you talked about it, I'm thinking they were 1/4 squats with a lot of weight ...

10-26-09, 11:24 am
Looking good. Not sure how i feel about them pussy squats, but if you like em, more power haha.

Just gettin a feel for them Saturday. My squats on leg day this week are going to look like this.

3 sets of 8 increasing weight ATG.
1 set of 8 pussy squats with 450.
-no rest-
1 set of 8 ATG with the weight(maybe more) from last set of 8 before the pussy squats.

Very good work in here as always!

Thanks Broc!

10-26-09, 11:27 am
What is this 'Pussy Squats' nonsense? By how you talked about it, I'm thinking they were 1/4 squats with a lot of weight ...

Yeah lol. More like 2/3 of a squat though(think highschool weight room's ATG haha), not dipping 3in like I know you are invisioning. Point is to make the weight you are taking ATG feel lighter. I thought the bar was leaving my shoulders at the tops of my reps with 275 afterwards. My squat set up for this week is above.

Firedrake
10-26-09, 7:01 pm
Thanks FD. Just trying to give back and keep the sport growing. I was 13-14 when my parents bought me a Bowflex, but I just didn't have the drive back then. I have a feeling that he will stick with it, especially as long as I am around.

Well, STICK him with it. I hear duct tape works wonders!

Good luck with those squats!

10-26-09, 8:02 pm
Weight- 197lbs

BB Bench- 225x8x8x8x7+1 forced
Flat Bench DB Flies(Arnold Style)- 50'sx10, 60'sx6
Slight Incline DB Flies(Arnold Style)- 50'sx10, 60'sx6
Decline BB Press- 225x8+4 forced, 205x11+1forced, 185x12
Cable Flies- x15 drop x15 (x2)

Ran/Jogged/Walked a mile in about 9mins then 36mins on the bike.

*Thoughts*
Chest felt real good. Still feeling very solid. My skin is noticeably thinner on my forearms. Felt strong today. I was proud of my benchin haha.

Well, STICK him with it. I hear duct tape works wonders!

Good luck with those squats!

Thanks FD. Tomarrow is the big day. haha

Firefist
10-26-09, 8:08 pm
hey freak, strong chest day. and it seems like the dieting hasnt slowed you down at all.

10-26-09, 8:13 pm
hey freak, strong chest day. and it seems like the dieting hasnt slowed you down at all.

Macros are at around 290g protein/150g carbs. I'm feeling stronger than when I was bulking. I think its the complex carbs coming from whole food thats making the difference in the gym.

Firefist
10-26-09, 8:29 pm
Macros are at around 290g protein/150g carbs. I'm feeling stronger than when I was bulking. I think its the complex carbs coming from whole food thats making the difference in the gym.

ah nice nice, so you are still gettin a good ammount of eats in. oh and i hear ya on the complex carbs. i used to eat white rice pre workout and i switched to brown a while a go, its really made a difference.

keep on keepin on buddy!

10-26-09, 8:33 pm
ah nice nice, so you are still gettin a good ammount of eats in. oh and i hear ya on the complex carbs. i used to eat white rice pre workout and i switched to brown a while a go, its really made a difference.

keep on keepin on buddy!

8oz steak 8oz yam
8oz tilapia 1 cup(cooked) brown rice
8oz tilapia 1 cup brown rice
Workout
50g Ultra Iso Whey
12oz tilapia salad
8oz tilapia salad

I'm eating a lot. haha My jaw is seriously sore from all the chewing, so I switched to fish as its more tender and IMO lighter on the stomach. The brown rice pre-workout is definately helpin out. If you don't have a rice cooker, pick one up. Mine cooks 6cups worth at a time, throw in the rice and water and walk away.

Firefist
10-26-09, 8:54 pm
If you don't have a rice cooker, pick one up. Mine cooks 6cups worth at a time, throw in the rice and water and walk away.

.....did you not see me at the last ABC we were at? hahaha im freakin asian dude! my people have lived off rice for the last 100 generations!!!! hahahahhahaha. nah dude jk, i completely agree its the best thing to use. everyone should get one. and the rice that comes out of it tastes 100x better than when you use the microwave.

10-26-09, 9:05 pm
.....did you not see me at the last ABC we were at? hahaha im freakin asian dude! my people have lived off rice for the last 100 generations!!!! hahahahhahaha. nah dude jk, i completely agree its the best thing to use. everyone should get one. and the rice that comes out of it tastes 100x better than when you use the microwave.

I was tryin not to be stereotypical! haha It definately tastes better than microwave or stove cooked rice. Better texture too. None of that rubbery shit that squeaks while your chewing.

C.Coronato
10-27-09, 1:25 pm
Lookin like your right on track my man. Find a show yet lol?

10-27-09, 1:50 pm
Lookin like your right on track my man. Find a show yet lol?

Yeah, but its on March 20th. 3 days after I turn 20. Big show though. Check your PM's.

Mr. Dead
10-27-09, 1:56 pm
Yeah, but its on March 20th. 3 days after I turn 20. Big show though. Check your PM's.

Nothing like being in contest prep for your birthday... Did that, last year, and will be doing it, again, this year... Ah, to be turning 20 again... Seems like a lifetime ago... *LOL*

10-27-09, 1:58 pm
Nothing like being in contest prep for your birthday... Did that, last year, and will be doing it, again, this year... Ah, to be turning 20 again... Seems like a lifetime ago... *LOL*

I'm really tryin my best to find a show before my b-day, so I can compete in the teen and junior/collegiate divisions. So I hear your coming to the Arnold?

Aggression
10-27-09, 2:21 pm

Felt. My bday was 10/18, which was 2 weeks out from my show. Its all good, I'll celebrate this weekend!!

I'm really tryin my best to find a show before my b-day, so I can compete in the teen and junior/collegiate divisions. So I hear your coming to the Arnold?

If that's the reason, then its all good man. When I first read it, before I finished the whole thing, I thought you wanted to find a show pre-birthday just so you can enjoy your birthday. But i get it now. Good looks. Stay strong through prep man. I just went through my first one and it was tough, but nothing a strong-minded individual can't handle. If you ever have any questions/concerns, PM me for sure.

10-27-09, 5:57 pm
No Cardio!

Weighed in at 195lbs(evening)

BB Squats- warmup
225x8 ATG
255x8 ATG
275x8 ATG
450x8 Pussy Squats
-Drop-
275x6 ATG

Leg Press- 5ppsx8, 6ppsx8, 7ppsx8, 8ppsx8, 4ppsx20, 5ppsx20, 6ppsx20
Kneeling Leg Curl- x8x8x8x8
Single Leg Ext.- x15x15x15
Abductor- x50
Adductor- x50
Calves- Stand Calf Raises To Failure x3

*Thoughts*
Good workout. That dropset from the pussy squats was brutal. It felt so light the first 4 reps then I just died. Leg press felt good. Thought about goin to 9ppsx8, but dropped and went to 20 reps for a few sets. Real good burn on the abductor/adductor for 50. Wobbled out of the gym.

Felt. My bday was 10/18, which was 2 weeks out from my show. Its all good, I'll celebrate this weekend!!

If that's the reason, then its all good man. When I first read it, before I finished the whole thing, I thought you wanted to find a show pre-birthday just so you can enjoy your birthday. But i get it now. Good looks. Stay strong through prep man. I just went through my first one and it was tough, but nothing a strong-minded individual can't handle. If you ever have any questions/concerns, PM me for sure.

I really want to step on stage as teen. I just feel like if my conditioning is spot on that I could do very well in a teen class.

Pizzalamp
10-28-09, 6:47 am
tear it up today man

B Con
10-28-09, 10:45 am
SOLID looking wheels session... wooo weeee

LittleMan55
10-28-09, 11:50 am
You f'in owned that leg day!

Aggression
10-28-09, 12:01 pm
niCe volume on the lower half.

OklahomaMuscle
10-28-09, 12:04 pm
you killed those wheels, cardio may be rough for a few days after that...enjoy

10-28-09, 2:17 pm
Carb loading today, so I feel good. Down 1 1/2lbs this morning. Gettin ready to get my last 8oz down in about 30 mins.

Weight- 197lbs, +2lbs?

Wide Grip Chins(OH)- x10x10x10
Close Grip Chins(OH)- x10x10x10
BB Rows- 225x6 drop 135x12 (x2), 135x20x20x20
HS High Row Single Arm- x10x10x10 increasing weight
HS Low Row- x15x15x15 MMC
House Pulldowns- x12x12x12x12

45mins cardio on the bike

*Thoughts*
So focused. Have a show date in mind, been talkin it over with Rage. Its a big show, and I'm kind of intimidated. More to come on that topic soon. Todays workout was great. Chins felt good, strong MMC. Doing the BB rows, I was playing the video of Wrath and G Diesel doing BB Rows from Universal's youtube page in my head, really squeezed them out and felt the weight. Spent my 45mins on the bike contemplating the show date and psyching myself up. Its going to be a long hard road with mountain to climb at the end fellas.

tear it up today man

Thanks PL. Gave it all I had. haha

SOLID looking wheels session... wooo weeee

Weirdly enough. I'm not the least bit sore. Could've been the fire alarm at 2am and running down and back up the steps from 10 floors up.

You f'in owned that leg day!

I'm not satisfied with my squats. I want an ATG 315 like you big man!

niCe volume on the lower half.

For some reason my legs respond better to volume than heavy weight?

you killed those wheels, cardio may be rough for a few days after that...enjoy

Like I was tellin B Con. I'm not sore at all! I don't know whats up. haha

Firedrake
10-28-09, 3:04 pm
Looks like a great session!

I'm with you about the intimidation of doing a show. Mine isn't one of the larger ones -- there were only 8 or 9 guys in my class this year (Over 50), but I'm still kinda nervous.

I'd say make your decision, and your commitment, get focused and GO FOR IT!

10-29-09, 12:43 pm
Looks like a great session!

I'm with you about the intimidation of doing a show. Mine isn't one of the larger ones -- there were only 8 or 9 guys in my class this year (Over 50), but I'm still kinda nervous.

I'd say make your decision, and your commitment, get focused and GO FOR IT!

Thats the plan FD, gotta stay committed.

10-29-09, 1:50 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKvjvdWCrZo&feature=player_embedded#

March 20th, 2010

NPC Natural Ohio

C.Coronato
10-29-09, 1:54 pm
No intimidation my brother. Its your first show, its always the hardest, as you are unsure what lies ahead. Go into it doing your best. Lay it all on the line and dont take any shortcuts. That way you will know 100% that you did your best.

My first show was meerly a year ago. Oct 24th i believe it was. I didnt do well. But you gotta keep pushing my man, "Dont let the fear of failure, keep you from playing the game"

10-29-09, 6:15 pm
Weight- scale was broken, said I was 149.6 haha

Standing Side Raises- 35'sx20, 40'sx20, 45'sx12, 30'sx30
Seated DB Press- warmup, 70'sx8x8, 80'sx8, 90'sx0, 80'sx8
BB Front Raises- 45x12, 65x12, 75x12, 85x12
Rear Delt Work- 3 sets of 20
Smitty Shrugs- x30x30x15dropx20

45mins bike

*Thoughts*
Hit everything hard and heavy with lots of volume. Seated DB Press felt great. 80's were too light, but 90's were too heavy. Loved the high reps on the side raises, striations were coming out like crazy in my delts. Overall, I feel pretty lean, but I can't wait for some insane vascularity to start coming. Honestly, I don't know if I will ever truely dirty bulk again. I mean sure I'm not gonna be by the book in the offseason, but I'm not going to gorge myself to fatassness after I get lean. Quality mass from now on.

No intimidation my brother. Its your first show, its always the hardest, as you are unsure what lies ahead. Go into it doing your best. Lay it all on the line and dont take any shortcuts. That way you will know 100% that you did your best.

My first show was meerly a year ago. Oct 24th i believe it was. I didnt do well. But you gotta keep pushing my man, "Dont let the fear of failure, keep you from playing the game"

Thanks for the words of wisdom TTL. They mean alot. Now that I have a date in my head its like my focus has been magnified by a thousand. Eating meals and doing my cardio is nothing. Its almost like I'm anxious to get my meals, instead of dreading it. I've been flippin' throught the contest pics from the last NPC Natural Ohio on MD. I know you say to focus on me and come in the best shape I can, but fuck if looking at those pictures doesn't put a fire under my ass.

Firefist
10-29-09, 6:45 pm
keep killin it bro, youll kick ass, i know it. haha your gonna be so shredded at the arnold this year!

scals
10-29-09, 9:13 pm
Looking good brother. Find a show yet?

10-29-09, 9:15 pm
keep killin it bro, youll kick ass, i know it. haha your gonna be so shredded at the arnold this year!

Thanks AA. Looking forward to hittin' the weights with you again.

Looking good brother. Find a show yet?

March 20th NPC Natural Ohio

scals
10-29-09, 9:20 pm
Good to see I couldnt read 4 posts above LOL. My bad brother.

10-29-09, 9:29 pm
Good to see I couldnt read 4 posts above LOL. My bad brother.

Its all good. haha

Firefist
10-29-09, 9:48 pm
Thanks AA. Looking forward to hittin' the weights with you again.

oh you know it bro, its good trainin with you cause we both use about the same weights and push the volume to the max. up for another back session come the arnold classic?

10-29-09, 9:53 pm
oh you know it bro, its good trainin with you cause we both use about the same weights and push the volume to the max. up for another back session come the arnold classic?

You've got a good point. We train with similiar weights and love to pump up the volume! As for back, you know, I donno. haha I'll be 2 weeks out, so it will probably whatever bodypart my split allows. Don't wanna skimp on anything that close. You are welcome to help me demolish whatever bodypart that happens to be though. Also how close are you to Cleveland? <- That's where my show is.

Firefist
10-29-09, 10:05 pm
then theres a pretty good chance ill be there to support. im about an hour away from cleveland.

Jon_Blaze
10-30-09, 10:43 am
Things are lookin' good brah. So when you do your show on March 20th, make sure you get some killer pics to show off your domination of the stage.

10-30-09, 12:03 pm
then theres a pretty good chance ill be there to support. im about an hour away from cleveland.

Awesome bro. I hope you can make it.

Things are lookin' good brah. So when you do your show on March 20th, make sure you get some killer pics to show off your domination of the stage.

Will do!

Arms later today.

LittleMan55
10-30-09, 12:08 pm
2 weeks out at the Arnold! Hell you will be hard as nails bro.

Ricky P
10-30-09, 2:04 pm
As far as your workouts are going, the road to the show shouldn't be all that tough, haha. You're killing it man, just keep doing what you're doing and you shouldn't have any problems on stage. Everything will fall into place after some hard work. Good luck, you've got the entire support of the Forvm behind you, can't go wrong with that.

10-31-09, 2:09 am
Weight: 195lbs

Skipped around a lot. Didn't really count reps, just switch it up between heavy weights and high volume. Heres what I can remember. haha

BB Curls- 95x8x8x8x8
Incline Skulls- 75x15x15x15x15
3 sets of 32's
Close Grip Bench- random weights(135-225) x random reps(5-15)
Larry Scotts- x15x15x15x15
Alt DB Curls- 40'sx12, 50'sx10
BB Kickbacks- x12x12x12
Lots of stretching.
45mins bike

*Thoughts*
Just didn't have the focus today. Felt very depleted and couldn't seem to get the pump that I wanted, but I'm almost sure I know what caused it.

2 weeks out at the Arnold! Hell you will be hard as nails bro.

I'm hopin' man. It's gonna be a long road, but I'm going to give it my best. Its funny how last time we saw eachother you were in contest mode and I was bulking like a mad man. It's like we are trading places. haha

As far as your workouts are going, the road to the show shouldn't be all that tough, haha. You're killing it man, just keep doing what you're doing and you shouldn't have any problems on stage. Everything will fall into place after some hard work. Good luck, you've got the entire support of the Forvm behind you, can't go wrong with that.

Thanks bro. Everybody is being very supportive. It's a big help. I mean I am pretty strong minded and a hard worker, but dieting is hard. If everyone at the FORVM wasn't backing me and Rage wasn't taking the time to help me out, I don't know if I would do it. I'm happy to have everyones support, as not only is it motivation but its pressure. I thrive on pressure.

Jon_Blaze
10-31-09, 3:52 am
Yeah I feel ya on the fact that dieting is hard, but with the mind-set you got right now and the goal you got in place and that hunger to accomplish it, that little fact holds nothing against you.
But on your workout thing on posting what you remember haha, gotta love it when you're so zoned in you don't remember what you did, you just did it.

11-02-09, 1:03 am
So I'm dropping out of the contest prep. I'll try to make this as short as I can..

Ok, my dad knew that I was doing a show, but he didn't know that it would be conflicting with lacrosse. I was going to quit lacrosse to do the show. I broke the news to my dad this weekend and needless to say he wasn't happy. He made a very good point though once we sat down to talk things out. Lacrosse is only going to be here for 3 more years. Stepping on stage is something that I can do anytime. I'm not going to lie, I have been torn over this decision as soon as I heard that our season was starting in February this year. I love bodybuilding. I am more passionate about bodybuilding than I am about lacrosse, but bodybuilding will always be here. Long story short, here is my mindset. I have 3 years of lacrosse left(graduate in 2012). I will be 22. That gives me the summer/fall of 2012 and the whole year of 2013 to compete in the collegiate/juniors class, and I will be a much bigger and improved package in 3 years.

I will most likely PM J-Dawg or another mod and have this thread deleted. I will be starting up another Journey. I am going to continue on my current diet for the next few months to get in shape for lacrosse. My goal is to get in the 10-12bf% range and stay there. No more crazy dirty bulking for me. Over the coming years, it is going to be about quality mass. Sorry to let everyone down. I just feel like the best thing I can do right now is enjoy my last few years of lacrosse and put a hold on competing. Thanks to everyone that followed this journey, I hope you guys transition over to my new journey.

Jon_Blaze
11-02-09, 2:27 am
Sad to hear that you won't be able to do the competition man. But Lacrosse is a rough sport so you doing a clean bulk for that in order to be even bigger when you do compete will be worth it in the future. Plus you're only 19 so you got a lot of time left in order to do that. But you know the FORVM stands behind you regardless if you compete now or in the future.

Pizzalamp
11-02-09, 6:37 am
good luck w lacrosse man
and good luck w your continued journey
ill be looking 4ward to your new log!

Firefist
11-02-09, 7:30 am
hey buddy, sorry to hear the news. your right though, your gonna come back in 3 years and be a fuckin freak! keep on doin your thang bro!

B Con
11-02-09, 10:29 am
Hate to hear the news but glad you got things figured out as well. Go bust some ass in lacrosse... we will still be here.

scals
11-02-09, 11:51 am
Hate to hear the news but glad you got things figured out as well. Go bust some ass in lacrosse... we will still be here.

x2. We'll be here to support whatever you do.

Mr. Dead
11-02-09, 12:59 pm

x3...

11-02-09, 1:27 pm
Sad to hear that you won't be able to do the competition man. But Lacrosse is a rough sport so you doing a clean bulk for that in order to be even bigger when you do compete will be worth it in the future. Plus you're only 19 so you got a lot of time left in order to do that. But you know the FORVM stands behind you regardless if you compete now or in the future.

good luck w lacrosse man
and good luck w your continued journey
ill be looking 4ward to your new log!

hey buddy, sorry to hear the news. your right though, your gonna come back in 3 years and be a fuckin freak! keep on doin your thang bro!

x3...

Thanks for the support everyone.

Link to new thread will be up in here shortly.

11-02-09, 2:04 pm
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=28303

Aggression
11-03-09, 3:41 pm
No worries man. I didn't start my first contest prep until I was 23. Before that, I had school, intramural sports, and other things on the agenda. Do it up in a few years. Concentrate on staying lean while building muscle. When it comes time to diet, you'll have an extremely solid base.

Ricky P
11-03-09, 3:49 pm
Solid decision, albeit a tough one to make. I think it's the smart choice, you made some good points there. At 22 and three more years of experience, you'll definitely be primed to make a huge splash on the scene. Good luck this upcoming season, and I'll see you over in the new thread.

11-03-09, 6:12 pm
No worries man. I didn't start my first contest prep until I was 23. Before that, I had school, intramural sports, and other things on the agenda. Do it up in a few years. Concentrate on staying lean while building muscle. When it comes time to diet, you'll have an extremely solid base.

Solid decision, albeit a tough one to make. I think it's the smart choice, you made some good points there. At 22 and three more years of experience, you'll definitely be primed to make a huge splash on the scene. Good luck this upcoming season, and I'll see you over in the new thread.

Thanks for the support fellas. I hope to see you guys over in my new thread.