PDA

View Full Version : 100 rep set on leg press

theharjmann
08-06-09, 6:54 am
hello all,

i was reading last night about the sadistic leg press antics that Tom Platz employed....one of which was a 100 rep set on the leg press

now i wanna to that tonight when i train legs

only thing is i dont have a clue on what weight to use

i can to 20 reps (just about) with 10 plates per side (knees to pecs every rep)......can anyone help me out here?

much appreciated

Pizzalamp
08-06-09, 6:56 am
hello all,

i was reading last night about the sadistic leg press antics that Tom Platz employed....one of which was a 100 rep set on the leg press

now i wanna to that tonight when i train legs

only thing is i dont have a clue on what weight to use

i can to 20 reps (just about) with 10 plates per side (knees to pecs every rep)......can anyone help me out here?

much appreciated

maybe do 5 plates per side

weedlewott
08-06-09, 6:56 am
Give it a shot with 4pps first. You want to do the 100 reps with a weight that is going to bring you to near failure around 85 reps, so you're forcing the last 15 out. Well, somewhere in that ratio. If 4pps is too heavy, don't drop a whole plate, just drop the pie and add a quarter. Sometimes it's just that little extra that goes too far. If you can hit 20 with 10, then you should be able to get 100 with 4 "easy".

theharjmann
08-06-09, 7:34 am
i think ill do 4 and a half per side.....if thats too "easy" then ill just keep repping till i cant rep no more.

wish me luck!

its gonna be some fucked up leg workout today boys

100 rep leg presses, 50 rep squats, walkign lunges, lying leg curls till i cramp, then calves, then leg extensions

overtraining....yeah probably....but i dont give a fuck LOL

weedlewott
08-06-09, 7:36 am
actually sounds pretty fuckin brutal. I like it.

sanga
08-06-09, 7:41 am
Lol, been here many times, 5-6 plates will work, if you can do more than 100 reps do so then add weight next time to lower reps, good luck in walking over the next week!!

sanga
08-06-09, 7:43 am
i think ill do 4 and a half per side.....if thats too "easy" then ill just keep repping till i cant rep no more.

wish me luck!

its gonna be some fucked up leg workout today boys

100 rep leg presses, 50 rep squats, walkign lunges, lying leg curls till i cramp, then calves, then leg extensions

overtraining....yeah probably....but i dont give a fuck LOL

I`ll do legs with you once I`m back into the swing of it, give me a month and we`ll do legs at Golds, all out for 1 set of hams on leg curl then 1 set on hack squats, bring a bucket lol

Anyone else up for it? lol

Lunch in Chiquittos after!

CuttDeez
08-06-09, 7:44 am
DON"T Loose count ha ha ha!

B.C.
08-06-09, 7:46 am
Unless you've done it before, it can be damn near impossible to guess a weight that brings failure at or around 100 reps. I say pick a weight that's just a bit lighter than you think you'll need, and as the set progresses, change your rep speed. If you're at like 80, and you're not wanting to quit (which you should be), slow your reps down to make the weight feel heavier. Then you'll know to go heavier next time.

B.C.
08-06-09, 7:47 am
DON"T Loose count ha ha ha!

There's always that...lol.

sanga
08-06-09, 8:26 am
Choose your weight, get as many reps as possible then break the set down into smaller sets within the set, so you are going for 100 reps and get 50 all in one go, next you have a breather without putting the weight down and go for 10 more reps, more rest and then maybe 8-10 more, more rest then 4-5 reps and so on until you hit 100.

But I bet once you hit 100 you could do more, bet if I stood over you shouting at you that you could get another 5 then if I offered you cash you`d get more, put a gun to your head and you`d get even more, lol

Stop slacking and go for it, try 100 rep hacks!!

theharjmann
08-06-09, 8:30 am
Choose your weight, get as many reps as possible then break the set down into smaller sets within the set, so you are going for 100 reps and get 50 all in one go, next you have a breather without putting the weight down and go for 10 more reps, more rest and then maybe 8-10 more, more rest then 4-5 reps and so on until you hit 100.

But I bet once you hit 100 you could do more, bet if I stood over you shouting at you that you could get another 5 then if I offered you cash you`d get more, put a gun to your head and you`d get even more, lol

i will i will dont worry mate!

training partner has pussied out....its just gonna be and my ipod.grrrrrrrrrr

i'll hold you to that leg workout.....and that calorie-fest afterwards!

the thing is im not too worried about the leg presses (even though i should be!)

its the 50 rep squats afterwards that are gonna bend me over, and aim for penetration!

weedlewott
08-06-09, 8:32 am

Oh lord....

sanga
08-06-09, 8:35 am
Right we are on mate, excellent, most people can`t take the pain, its a mental thing, lol

Heres one for you-

Leg ext 50 reps
Hacks 50 reps
Front squats 50 reps
Leg press 50 reps
Squats 50 reps

No rest between exercises, its great once a month, you can`t walk for 2 weeks but it does shock the legs, lol

theharjmann
08-06-09, 8:39 am
Right we are on mate, excellent, most people can`t take the pain, its a mental thing, lol

Heres one for you-

Leg ext 50 reps
Hacks 50 reps
Front squats 50 reps
Leg press 50 reps
Squats 50 reps

No rest between exercises, its great once a month, you can`t walk for 2 weeks but it does shock the legs, lol

lets just hope my gym is empty this evening!

this is awesome

COME ON PEOPLE

start contributing your sadistic leg workouts!

i wanna hear more

B.C.
08-06-09, 8:41 am

Heres one for you-

Leg ext 50 reps
Hacks 50 reps
Front squats 50 reps
Leg press 50 reps
Squats 50 reps

DAMN!

CuttDeez
08-06-09, 8:42 am
That sounds pretty nuts brother. Thats a lot of reps for my PL blood

theharjmann
08-06-09, 8:42 am
and you know what the funny thing is

im meant to be cutting for holilday

i think im gonna need a KFC bucket after this workout LOL

B.C.
08-06-09, 8:46 am
and you know what the funny thing is

im meant to be cutting for holilday

i think im gonna need a KFC bucket after this workout LOL

I'd need some kinda bucket, that's for sure.

sanga
08-06-09, 8:56 am
lets just hope my gym is empty this evening!

this is awesome

COME ON PEOPLE

start contributing your sadistic leg workouts!

i wanna hear more

The thing is I`ve done these workouts many times, some giant sets as follows-

Legext to failure
Hacks to failure
Leg press to failure
Squats to failure, use bars to crawl out from, lol

Thats 1 set, rest for as long as it takes to puke and drink water then go again but this time you change the exercises around-

Hacks
Leg press
Squats
leg ext

rest etc then go again-

Leg press
Squats
Leg ext
hacks

rest again and then final giant set-

Squats
Leg ext
Hacks
Leg press

Do Not Do Squats to failure every set, too dangerous, bit risky on the first set if you don`t know what you are doing.

Rest for 4-5 days lol

theharjmann
08-06-09, 9:00 am
The thing is I`ve done these workouts many times, some giant sets as follows-

Legext to failure
Hacks to failure
Leg press to failure
Squats to failure, use bars to crawl out from, lol

Thats 1 set, rest for as long as it takes to puke and drink water then go again but this time you change the exercises around-

Hacks
Leg press
Squats
leg ext

rest etc then go again-

Leg press
Squats
Leg ext
hacks

rest again and then final giant set-

Squats
Leg ext
Hacks
Leg press

Do Not Do Squats to failure every set, too dangerous, bit risky on the first set if you don`t know what you are doing.

Rest for 4-5 days lol

mmm very interesting

thing is it can be a problem at my gym.....reserving the hack squat, leg press, squat rack and leg extension......they are all at different corners of the gym.....i suppose itll have to be done at 9pm when the gym is empty.

yeah i hear you on squats.....thing is....ive work my lower disc in my spine so i gotta wear a belt anyway.

sanga
08-06-09, 9:03 am
Drop the squats if needed, put in front squats or machine squats, high reps light weight could be a way round it, the trick is the exercise rotation, see how they rotate each set?

Most gyms this workout would be a problem unless there is 3-4 of you rotating exercises, that works well.

theharjmann
08-06-09, 9:07 am
Drop the squats if needed, put in front squats or machine squats, high reps light weight could be a way round it, the trick is the exercise rotation, see how they rotate each set?

Most gyms this workout would be a problem unless there is 3-4 of you rotating exercises, that works well.

i wouldnt be able to find 3-4 people in my gym to do this. they give up too easily.

sanga
08-06-09, 9:09 am
i wouldnt be able to find 3-4 people in my gym to do this. they give up too easily.

Lol, I know exactly what you mean, Golds in a month then and we`ll kill it, the workout will be over in 20 minutes but you will remember it all your life, lol

theharjmann
08-06-09, 9:16 am
Lol, I know exactly what you mean, Golds in a month then and we`ll kill it, the workout will be over in 20 minutes but you will remember it all your life, lol

all the way to Camberley for a 20 min workout!?!?!

we may aswell make it worthwhile and train fingertips and earlobes to finish off...

sanga
08-06-09, 9:18 am
But you will be sitting down after shaking for 30 minutes, lol

Then its off to Chiquittos to eat them out of wings and steak :)

theharjmann
08-06-09, 9:23 am
But you will be sitting down after shaking for 30 minutes, lol

Then its off to Chiquittos to eat them out of wings and steak :)

im drooling over my laptop at work....thanks a lot

dyskee
08-06-09, 1:29 pm
trisets trisets trisets
this is the best and most brutal leg routine i have ever done, it cripples the best of men

Triset A:
20 rep squats
heavy leg ext 6-8 reps
20 rep squats

Triset B:
20 rep squats
heavy leg curls 6-8 reps
20 rep squats

Triset C:
20 rep squats
heavy leg press 6-8 reps
20 rep squats

Triset D:
20 rep squats
heavy hack squats 6-8 reps
20 rep squats

don't stop even if u're doing knee bends keep going

OR

Squat for more than 12 reps followed by leg extensions to failure then finished with the stationary bike fast till failure!!

G Diesel
08-06-09, 2:02 pm
I did it a few weeks ago with a hundred on each side on my last set and that was rough. Great shock technique though.

Peace, G

theharjmann
08-06-09, 4:52 pm
Right

No point in being all talk and no show!

Finished my workout 2 hours ago. Here it is:

Warm up with 1.5 min sprint on cross trainer...was quite warm to begin with!
3 warm up sets on leg press

1) 1 all out set - 4 and a half plates per side for 100 reps (i rested a few times inbetween reps but didnt rack it at all)....i then stood up and nearly fell over lol

2) barbell squat - ass 3 inches off floor - 1 plate per side - 45 reps, then another set of 30 reps, then another set of 20 reps.

3) Triset - lying leg curls, leg ext, hack squats (15-20 reps approx. for each exercise) - 3 rotations

4) Donkey calf raises - 3 sets

I SHIT YOU NOT THIS IS THE TOUGHEST LEG WORKOUT I HAVE DONE EVER!

This is the fucked up thing - during the 100 rep set, 1000 things were going through my mind, i was properly mentally alert.

When i finished, i sat on a bench to rest, and my friend was stood next to me for 20 seconds (he said) saying "hello" over and over again....i didnt notice him LOL

This workout was definitely a shock to the legs.....but a CRAZY immense shock to the central nervous system i must admit.

Huge respect to Tom Platz.

And on that note....."Light weight baby"

Peace

sanga
08-07-09, 3:58 am
Lol, Lol & Lol

The CNS is what takes the beating here and what the cause of overtraining is but as long as you can recover then the results are pretty much amazing over a period of 6 months.

I`d only do this type of leg workout every 3rd leg workout but all out for 1-2 sets on legs each workout is fine, if you take 1 exercise to ultimate failure you won`t be able to do anything else but most people can not generate the mindset or endure the pain to do this as it takes a lot of balls when your mind is giving you all the excuses to stop the set, legs are the hardest, plus you are panting and gasping like a bitch lol

Well done Harj, good workout, sore today? Bet you will be tomorrow, lol

theharjmann
08-07-09, 4:35 am
Lol, Lol & Lol

The CNS is what takes the beating here and what the cause of overtraining is but as long as you can recover then the results are pretty much amazing over a period of 6 months.

I`d only do this type of leg workout every 3rd leg workout but all out for 1-2 sets on legs each workout is fine, if you take 1 exercise to ultimate failure you won`t be able to do anything else but most people can not generate the mindset or endure the pain to do this as it takes a lot of balls when your mind is giving you all the excuses to stop the set, legs are the hardest, plus you are panting and gasping like a bitch lol

Well done Harj, good workout, sore today? Bet you will be tomorrow, lol

I hope im sore! With the amount of work i put in last night, if im not sore im gonna cry!

Yeh the CNS is battered today. Im struggling. Might have to knock a triple espresso shot along with my Animal Cuts LOL.

Im meant to be doing shoulders today. Might have to be a session of side lateral raises only!

But that workout got me thinking....there are all these sadistic routines for legs....why isnt there much talk about it for other bodyparts...."100 rep bench press COME ON DOWN!"

Yep...thats my chest workout next week.....100 reps on the smith machine....fuck knows what weight im going to use.

SDR
08-16-09, 12:25 pm
But that workout got me thinking....there are all these sadistic routines for legs....why isnt there much talk about it for other bodyparts...."100 rep bench press COME ON DOWN!"

Yep...thats my chest workout next week.....100 reps on the smith machine....fuck knows what weight im going to use.

because our legs are our biggest muscle group (well should be) and they can take so much, and are alot stronger than we give them credit....

theharjmann
08-16-09, 5:05 pm
because our legs are our biggest muscle group (well should be) and they can take so much, and are alot stronger than we give them credit....

very true

i did the 100 rep routine for every muscle group this week......i havent experienced DOMS like this since i started working out 4 years ago!

new life!

rocky36
08-16-09, 6:12 pm
you could always do this for leg press
100x10
200x20
300x30
400x40
500x50
600x60
700x70
800x80
900x90
1000x100

i highly doubt anyone could actually make it all the way through this but just go until you cant go anymore .. its brutal no matter how far you get

SDR
08-16-09, 7:12 pm
very true

i did the 100 rep routine for every muscle group this week......i havent experienced DOMS like this since i started working out 4 years ago!

new life!

must have been fuckin crazy gettin a pump from that doing Biceps!

how did your routine with that rep range look (for arms) ?

strivin for more
08-16-09, 10:53 pm
make sure you breath at the bottom too. i held my breath and pinched a nerve or something in the back of my head. (imigine having to shit really bad and squeezing your head like that)

just breath! lol

theharjmann
08-17-09, 4:07 am
must have been fuckin crazy gettin a pump from that doing Biceps!

how did your routine with that rep range look (for arms) ?

standing barbell curls.....100 reps with an empty bar....this was done after a back workout.....brutal.

for triceps......standing overhead behind neck cable extensions with a flat bar...done after chest...again brutal!

chest.....100 reps on incline barbell press

back.....100 reps on bench pulls: http://sportstrainingblog.com/wp-content/uploads/Bench%20pull.jpg

shoulders.....100 reps on hammer strength shoulder press

sanga
08-17-09, 7:46 am
I have a great delt workout if you want to train shoulders some time, I need to get into some shape first though mate, it involves going up and down the d/b rack doing side laterals non stop 3 times, 12 sets in 1, lol

Chest, back, in fact any bodypart can be busted if you use some imagination, I used to do inc flys with smith press non stop set after set for 15-18 sets with no rest, just kept adjusting the weight to get 4-20 reps each time, it takes around 15 minutes and your chest is fried. You are panting like a bitch and dripping in sweat but its all good, lol

theharjmann
08-17-09, 8:44 am
I have a great delt workout if you want to train shoulders some time, I need to get into some shape first though mate, it involves going up and down the d/b rack doing side laterals non stop 3 times, 12 sets in 1, lol

Chest, back, in fact any bodypart can be busted if you use some imagination, I used to do inc flys with smith press non stop set after set for 15-18 sets with no rest, just kept adjusting the weight to get 4-20 reps each time, it takes around 15 minutes and your chest is fried. You are panting like a bitch and dripping in sweat but its all good, lol

yeah im doing that kind of training now

going to egypt in 2 weeks so trying to cut a bit!

back is tonight

im open to some sick shit!