PDA

View Full Version : Your program sucks, try mine!

Carpe Diem P.T
05-28-09, 3:10 am
Just kidding, but do not get stuck doing the same program, with the same weights in the same rep range for years.

Mix it up. Either ask a trainer there for advice or search around this uptapped wasteland.

Ever wonder what the 'bi' in biceps means? Its because theres two heads. same as triceps with its three. Are u working all two biceps or all three triceps? are you hitting all the muscles of the chest or just one? Are you hitting all three major delts?

If you arent sure, ASK or do some research. I hate to see so many people working so hard but getting nowhere because they are too stubborn to help or too ignorant to actually put some thought in to their program.

Sticking with the same program for ever is also a great way to end up losing motivation because u will get bored.

Unsure on a bit of technique and cant find what u want online? shed some $$ and get a personal trainer even if its only for one session. They should be able to point you in a positive direction and maybe suggest a few things you wouldnt have thought of. This could save you months to years of treading water.

Keep it fresh, keep it fun and keep your body guessing :)

carpe.

Vaze_06
05-28-09, 3:14 am
back on the forvm huh?!
nice post. Love the title :).

weedlewott
05-28-09, 3:14 am
Probably one of the better posts here Carpe Diem. Maybe people on here will heed your advice. Thanks

never_2_big
05-28-09, 4:22 am
Bravo Bravo
Well said bro... i see it every day!

Firefist
05-28-09, 9:29 am
totally. i used to hate on unorthadox stuff like fst7 and stuff like that, then i tried it out and it may have been the best decision ive ever made.

Carpe Diem P.T
05-28-09, 8:43 pm
Thats it, you just have to keep an open mind.

Hey vaze and N2B - good to see ya

ActaNonVerba
05-28-09, 10:32 pm
Very well put. For the longest time I did the same routine to the point of tedium. Now I switch things up at least slightly almost every week. This has most definitely helped me out in more ways than just gaining size.
I think its also very important to be genuinely open to input. Or, at least, people who you respect or trust. I'm lucky to have a hard charging work out partner at the moment. Over the past couple of months of working with him I have made bigger gains than in the past two years. A good partner is really invaluable.

Dan