PDA

View Full Version : carbs

msktyshha
08-06-09, 10:17 pm
k guys gota problemm... everyone has been saying lately that I am getting fat on my face like i have fat face. this is really annoying me cuz i had a very good looking face so first thing iam thinking is its cuz of carbs. so i was looking through the net and found out about the 3 day off and 1 day crazy on carbs. i heard it works pretty great for lean muscle mass and fat loss at the same time. I wana know if thats true?? second if you have any solution for the face fat? third iam consuming 3000 calories a day 40% carbs 40% protein 20% fat, so if i do the 3 day off and 1 day crazy carbs how should the percentage of my daily calorie intake should look like , when I cut carbs totally should i replace its calories with prtein and fat or simply cut the calories and what about the crazy carb day.

hope to see many repliesssss

futurefreak101
08-06-09, 11:05 pm
lmao....
when are you eating most of your carbs?
exactly how many carbs are you eating a day?
are you eating good carbs?
maybe your eating too many calories...not just carbs.

i take 80 grams of carbs pre workout
50 grams during
and 80 post workout.

never seen any fat gain.
this is with waxy maize

so you could be eating carbs at the wrong time
or your just eating way to many carbs..or your just eating wayy to many calories and your body is just storing it all as fat.

adidas
08-07-09, 7:46 am
lmao....
when are you eating most of your carbs?
exactly how many carbs are you eating a day?
are you eating good carbs?
maybe your eating too many calories...not just carbs.

i take 80 grams of carbs pre workout
50 grams during
and 80 post workout.

never seen any fat gain.
this is with waxy maize

so you could be eating carbs at the wrong time
or your just eating way to many carbs..or your just eating wayy to many calories and your body is just storing it all as fat.

basic math has him at about 300g of carbs a day (fiber not included)
thats 3000 cal @ 40% carb intake...

3000 x 40% = 1200/4 (cal per gram of carb)= 300grams

On Letting Go
08-07-09, 8:05 am
If youre gaining too much fat then you have to reduce your calorie intake. Gaining/losing weight is ALL about energy balance (calories), bro.

If you are currently eating 3000kcal @ 40/40/20 and you reduce your carb intake to say 3000kcal @ 40/20/40, you will see NO difference because you are still taking in the same about of TOTAL ENERGY.

IMO, carb/fat ratios are insignificant (for the average person/lifter). If your total kcal and protein intake are on point, youre golden. Dont over-complicate things.

fenix237
08-07-09, 9:24 am
If youre gaining too much fat then you have to reduce your calorie intake. Gaining/losing weight is ALL about energy balance (calories), bro.

If you are currently eating 3000kcal @ 40/40/20 and you reduce your carb intake to say 3000kcal @ 40/20/40, you will see NO difference because you are still taking in the same about of TOTAL ENERGY.

IMO, carb/fat ratios are insignificant (for the average person/lifter). If your total kcal and protein intake are on point, youre golden. Dont over-complicate things.

OLG, i agree with you about not complicating things, but i think it's important to remember that calories from protein are more difficult store for your body than carbs- especially simple carbs. diets where lifters are eating 400 proteins is not because they need 400 proteins for muscle building- it's because protein does not affect blood sugar, harder to store as fat, and requires more cals to digest.

if your eating the wrong carbs at the wrong time- it will be more difficult/slower to see progress. just thought this was worth mentioning for some of us.

peace- brp

msktyshha
08-07-09, 9:31 pm
well the basic math u did was right 300 grams carbs i split them all in 5 meals last meal before bed has 0 carbs, my sources are oats, cream of wheat, brown rice, whole wheat bread, and bannanas and honey only post workout. my source of added fat is flax oil. iam doing no cardio at all. i don't have fat on my arms or back or wherever. I have fat a bit on my gut and started gettin fat on my cheeks and under chin which is bugginggg meeeeeeee. so i tried cutting calories b4 but I wasn't recovering fast enough and wasn't seeing much gains either. but 3000 cal did the trick but damn it also put fat on me. k so wat do u realli think about the carbs rotation???

adidas
08-08-09, 1:45 am
well the basic math u did was right 300 grams carbs i split them all in 5 meals last meal before bed has 0 carbs, my sources are oats, cream of wheat, brown rice, whole wheat bread, and bannanas and honey only post workout. my source of added fat is flax oil. iam doing no cardio at all. i don't have fat on my arms or back or wherever. I have fat a bit on my gut and started gettin fat on my cheeks and under chin which is bugginggg meeeeeeee. so i tried cutting calories b4 but I wasn't recovering fast enough and wasn't seeing much gains either. but 3000 cal did the trick but damn it also put fat on me. k so wat do u realli think about the carbs rotation???

I'm thinking you start some cardio

Rida4life
08-08-09, 5:45 pm
yea bro i'm thinking you need to start some cardio too. that might help out alot with keeping a lil of fat at bay. Not to mention keep your heart in shape.

Try 2x a week and adjust as see fit. I personally do cardio 3x a week at 35min low intensity after my workout.

msktyshha
08-08-09, 10:10 pm
yes i will take dat advice of cardio because i was thinking abt rotating carbs and today i went with very low carbs today, just some whole wheat bread in breakfast and the whole day i had headaches cuz i've heard the brain mainly runs on carbs, so this carbs rotating seems like a tough thing to do, so instead of going low carbs or no carbs for 3 days i'll just keep the carbs and do cardio maybe 3 x a week

Pizzalamp
08-09-09, 8:34 am
maybe start doing some cardio and cut back on the cals a bit

K Stro24
08-09-09, 2:53 pm
k guys gota problemm... everyone has been saying lately that I am getting fat on my face like i have fat face. this is really annoying me cuz i had a very good looking face so first thing iam thinking is its cuz of carbs. so i was looking through the net and found out about the 3 day off and 1 day crazy on carbs. i heard it works pretty great for lean muscle mass and fat loss at the same time. I wana know if thats true?? second if you have any solution for the face fat? third iam consuming 3000 calories a day 40% carbs 40% protein 20% fat, so if i do the 3 day off and 1 day crazy carbs how should the percentage of my daily calorie intake should look like , when I cut carbs totally should i replace its calories with prtein and fat or simply cut the calories and what about the crazy carb day.

hope to see many repliesssss

First off, dont listen to anyone about what you look like besides the person u look at in the mirror everyday, listening to what other people say will just leave u with pleasing other people and not yourself. I dont mean to sound like a dick here, just saying that if you are doing it because other people say you are gaining fat and you dont believe you are, then why do it? do it for yourself, it makes it easier

Second, chances are with any diet you will not gain considerable LBM and lose considerable fat.

Third, the carb cycling depends on how sensitive you are to carbs, for someone who isnt sensitive at all, like myself, a low day would be much higher than someone who is more carb sensitive. Experiment with the carb cals, take in good carbs.

You may want to just limit carbs, take them in your first meal of the day, before you workout, during, and after, and just eat veggies the rest of the meals if you are still hungry. And throwing in 2 or 3 cardio sessions a week will help

Hope this helps, good luck

msktyshha
08-10-09, 1:43 pm
thanx alot stro u are very right cuz if i start pleasing people then i'll always be confusedd like before when i wasn't gaining much at all in the beginning they would tell me "why do u even go to gym ur not gaining anythingg" now when iam actually gaining muscle and some fat their saying "wats the point of goin to gym all ur getting is fat i thot ppl lose weight when they go to gym" so its very true regular ppl don't know much about lifting and dieting. its hard to satisfy those nutheads out there so its better to do it for urself cuz onli u know wat n y u doin it. I am doin it so i can hit 220-250lbs with dense muscle and some fat so when i shred off i'll look better at 200-215 den i'll look at 170 since my weight if 185 ryte now.

iam gonna stick to my diet for now and this week i just started abs at the end of every workout and doing 10-20 mins cardio. hope it works