PDA

View Full Version : DC: A Question That Should Not Be Asked!

justinbrown
08-08-09, 9:41 pm
hey guys, training DC style again for awhile after a layoff from surgery... during my recovery i wondered, if i were to miss a workout on say, monday, should i do mondays workout on tuesday and continue with wed's workout? skip mondays workout altogether?

my instinct would be to gi'ver, but this is quite a unique style of training...

any insight?

thanks!

mritter3
08-09-09, 10:45 am
assuming your doing a 3 day stretch, i would workout tues, thurs, sat, if feasable for ya, then the next week get back on track, did DC for awhile and love it, cant wait to hit it back up this winter.

justinbrown
08-09-09, 6:31 pm
good call, how didnt i think of that? XD

mritter3
08-09-09, 9:27 pm
good call, how didnt i think of that? XD

ahh its all good man, how you liking the DC training.

justinbrown
08-10-09, 7:29 pm
i like it alot actually...its very unique, i like the approach to calf training (a horrid weak point of mine), i also like the static holds/slow negatives, just when you thought your done your balls to the wall set, you got one last hurdle before you set the weights down...its good stuff indeed

have you been training DC for long?

mritter3
08-10-09, 8:10 pm
a little over a year, with some great results, in the iron contest on the forum right now so currently am not, but come this winter i will be right back at it.

justinbrown
08-11-09, 3:00 pm
a little over a year, with some great results, in the iron contest on the forum right now so currently am not, but come this winter i will be right back at it.

cool beans indeed, forgot about that, good luck!...since your experienced in this style, perhaps one more question?

im hearing lotsa different things about the statics and slow negatives, slow negatives for every rep, and then a static hold at the end of EACH rest pause? or just on the last one?