PDA

View Full Version : Thank You

ShaqFu
08-10-09, 2:06 pm
What up Gents,

I haven't been posting here for several months now. I just graduated this past Saturday from Marine Corps Officer Candidate School in Quantico VA, once I finish my last year of school I'll be commissioned as a 2nd LT in the Marine Corps and serve 4 years active duty. All I wanted to say was that while I have obtained so much knowledge from this forum in terms of lifting and eating, etc...., the lessons from this forum of will power and mental and emotional fortitude were priceless things to have while down at training. Often times my body said stop, please, but the power of the human will, my will, couldn't be overcome, and that's honestly all you need. If you really want it, fucking go out and get it. That's something I always believed in I know is also a pillar and foundation of this forum. Peace
ShaqFu

Rage
08-10-09, 2:27 pm
What up Gents,

I haven't been posting here for several months now. I just graduated this past Saturday from Marine Corps Officer Candidate School in Quantico VA, once I finish my last year of school I'll be commissioned as a 2nd LT in the Marine Corps and serve 4 years active duty. All I wanted to say was that while I have obtained so much knowledge from this forum in terms of lifting and eating, etc...., the lessons from this forum of will power and mental and emotional fortitude were priceless things to have while down at training. Often times my body said stop, please, but the power of the human will, my will, couldn't be overcome, and that's honestly all you need. If you really want it, fucking go out and get it. That's something I always believed in I know is also a pillar and foundation of this forum. Peace
ShaqFu

Congrats bro...that had to be some really tough schooling right there. Sounds to me like you've got your shit together and I can truely identify with your take on will. I was thinking earlier this morning how my MMA instructor would always pound the saying in my head..."Wars are won on will"...how true.

ShaqFu
08-10-09, 3:38 pm
yea man you're absolutely right. At OCS they really push you outside of your physical and mental comfort zone, since thats the only way they can even come close to evaluating your leadership potential. That's when the will kicks in, or fails to for some. thanks brotha
ShaqFu

InkdMuscle
08-10-09, 3:41 pm
yo brotha thank you for doing what you do. Your bravery allows us to be here on the forvm and lift to our hearts content. Im sure when u get out there your skills and knowledge will shine like the ANIMAL you are.