PDA

View Full Version : Arnold Schwarzenegger in "The Comeback"

LegendKillerJosh
08-11-09, 12:46 pm
Ok, so everyone has seen "Pumping Iron," but has anyone seen "The Comeback" following Arnold in his return to the Olympia in 1980? What did you think about it? I thought it was great. A lot of people criticize the judges for making this a popularity contest, but Arnold definitely had the respect of everyone (except maybe Mentzer) competing. This movie also features one of my favorite bodybuilding quotes of all time when Tom Platz is talking about what its like to compete in the Olympia, why he does it and what it's all about. He compares bodybuilding to Jonathan Livingston Seagull, and it is a very good interview. It also shows a lot of of the practice that goes into posing routines, it is an excellent watch for any of you who haven't seen it.

InkdMuscle
08-11-09, 1:20 pm
Ok, so everyone has seen "Pumping Iron," but has anyone seen "The Comeback" following Arnold in his return to the Olympia in 1980? What did you think about it? I thought it was great. A lot of people criticize the judges for making this a popularity contest, but Arnold definitely had the respect of everyone (except maybe Mentzer) competing. This movie also features one of my favorite bodybuilding quotes of all time when Tom Platz is talking about what its like to compete in the Olympia, why he does it and what it's all about. He compares bodybuilding to Jonathan Livingston Seagull, and it is a very good interview. It also shows a lot of of the practice that goes into posing routines, it is an excellent watch for any of you who haven't seen it.

i luv pumping iron. is the comeback on DVD im assuming.

Beach91
08-11-09, 6:23 pm
Yeah, i have never seen it and cant seem to find it.

i need to see this!!!!!

BryanSmash!
08-12-09, 6:13 am
Forgot all about that one. Maybe I have it on beta next to Pumping Iron 2 in a box somewhere.

BubbyLight
08-12-09, 7:09 am
its motivation for sure

D-Bomb
08-12-09, 1:52 pm
hmm never heard about this DVD at all...interesting...

InkdMuscle
08-12-09, 4:04 pm
you can search it under youtube. look under total rebuild. I found it its just in 4 parts. but pretty awesome.

LegendKillerJosh
08-12-09, 10:14 pm
you can search it under youtube. look under total rebuild. I found it its just in 4 parts. but pretty awesome.

Yeah, It's not a full length video or anything I remember I downloaded it a few years ago, it's about an hour long and I loved it.

MrMuscles22
08-12-09, 10:17 pm
I never heard of it at all, but I searched on you tube and found it. I am gonna watch it tomorrow for sure. Pumping Iron was the shit. Thanks bro.

karthik
08-29-09, 6:58 pm
Arnold Schwarzenegger is the greatest bodybuilder in the world, period. End of story. Why? Because he did it on his own with no support team and no help, sure he got help later on but only when he won the Mr.Olympia title. He proves that anything can be done with a great will, mind, and charisma. If it wasn't for him this lifestyle wouldn't be so popular and there wouldn't be so many muscle heads out there.

Not only that i like him because he has the same Chinese Zodiac sign as me, the Boar.
http://www.rainfall.com/horoscop/chinese.htm read up for more info, and because of that, i look to him and maybe the Ultimate Warrior for inspiration for what to avoid and what not to, Arnold has the best quote ever, "Stay away from negative people, and negative thoughts, only be friends and associate yourself with positive people." Look at where he is at now, all those fat asses bullshitin through their lives and dissing him behind his back, are so frustrated with their own failures, that they envy his success and triumph admist adversity.