PDA

View Full Version : Fish & Chocolate Milk

Glory
08-12-09, 3:58 pm
Does anybody else have these in their diets? And how often do you eat fish or drink chocolate milk?

CuttDeez
08-12-09, 4:03 pm
Fish yes: All the time. Try to stick to talapia, tuna, and salmon. Salmon obviously being the one that carries more good omegas but more cals because of the fat. I use it as a great whole food protein source.

Choco Milk: I guess you can. I perfer milk with choco flavored protein.

Glory
08-12-09, 4:18 pm
My grandfather is a fisherman and catches Perch, Pickerel (Walleye), and Bass out of fresh water all year round and that's basically the only fish I can eat, but I mean it's freshly caught... What's the difference?

JUGGERNAUT
08-12-09, 4:21 pm
Twice a week for various fish and I miss choc milk so I will get some. Drinking mostly a combo of regular and raw milk now.

GJN5002
08-12-09, 4:27 pm
My grandfather is a fisherman and catches Perch, Pickerel (Walleye), and Bass out of fresh water all year round and that's basically the only fish I can eat, but I mean it's freshly caught... What's the difference?

i would live off fish if my grandfather was a fisherman

Glory
08-12-09, 4:29 pm
I basically do live off fish, I have it 3-4 times a week for dinner and I often warm it up for lunch too. Chocolate milk is delicious.

Pizzalamp
08-12-09, 7:44 pm
ive been eatng sardines a lot and love em

Pistola
08-12-09, 9:10 pm
Fish, I personally can't stand. Sorry just my opinion. As for chocolate milk I usually have one or two a week wit actual hershey syrup.

LegendKillerJosh
08-13-09, 12:15 am
"candy bars are for candy asses"

- Same goes for chocolate milk. Invest in some chocolate real gains. Tastier and better for you.

adidas
08-13-09, 10:03 am
I guess marius pudzianowski and numerous other Proathletes are candy asses too then.

GJN5002
08-13-09, 10:22 am
"candy bars are for candy asses"

- Same goes for chocolate milk. Invest in some chocolate real gains. Tastier and better for you.

real gains = protein + malto
chocolate milk = milk protein + sugar
they really arent that different with the exception of protein content

adidas
08-13-09, 10:29 am

real gains = milk protein [Ultra Filtered Whey (Milk) Concentrate, Micellar Casein, Whey Protein Isolate (Milk)], & Calcium Caseinate

Wasteland
08-13-09, 10:41 am

To compare ratios of the macronutrients:

Chocolate Milk (reduced fat (http://www.nutrientfacts.com/searchfood.exe?keyword=Chocolate+Milk+Reduced+Fat&var=5), approx. 3.4 cups)
Protein: 27g
Carbs: 85g
Fat: 18g
Total: 610 calories

Chocolate Real Gains (3.5 scoops in water)
Protein: 53g
Carbs: 86g
Fat: 6g

CuttDeez
08-13-09, 10:48 am
32 fl. oz 1 % milk
420 cals
fat 9
carbs 48
protein 34
1 pack no sugar added swiss miss
60 cals
1 fat
10 carbs
2 protein

Total:
F-10
C-58
P-36

CuttDeez
08-13-09, 10:55 am
Better yet:
32 fl. oz 1 % milk
420 cals
fat 9
carbs 48
protein 34
Sugar Free Herseys Syrup
15 cals
5 Carbs
4 Servings

Total:
F-9
C-68
P-36

LegendKillerJosh
08-13-09, 11:51 am
To compare ratios of the macronutrients:

Chocolate Milk (reduced fat (http://www.nutrientfacts.com/searchfood.exe?keyword=Chocolate+Milk+Reduced+Fat&var=5), approx. 3.4 cups)
Protein: 27g
Carbs: 85g
Fat: 18g

Exactly my point - the milk has TRIPLE the FAT and only HALF the PROTEIN

GJN5002
08-13-09, 12:06 pm
Exactly my point - the milk has TRIPLE the FAT and only HALF the PROTEIN

get fat free or 1%. All I was getting at is that real gains, in my opinion, is not far superior to chocolate milk (fat free or 1-2%) They protein and high GI carbs.

LegendKillerJosh
08-13-09, 12:13 pm
get fat free or 1%. All I was getting at is that real gains, in my opinion, is not far superior to chocolate milk (fat free or 1-2%) They protein and high GI carbs.

Even if you got skim, to get 50g of protein from chocolate milk, you have to get about 180g of sugar (most of that being high fructose corn syrup)

CuttDeez
08-13-09, 12:13 pm
Even if you got skim, to get 50g of protein from chocolate milk, you have to get about 180g of sugar (most of that being high fructose corn syrup)

Not if you chocolate it up with sugar free syrup

LegendKillerJosh
08-13-09, 12:14 pm
Not if you chocolate it up with sugar free syrup

Sorry if I seem stubborn but no one will ever convince me that chocolate milk is even CLOSE to as good as real gains for you.

CuttDeez
08-13-09, 12:16 pm
48 oz of skim milk will get you to 50 g of protein adn the sugar free syrup will get you the taste. Thats like 73 carbs too. and only like 550 calories too.

I think real gains is sweet but I think milk should not be crapped on

GJN5002
08-13-09, 12:18 pm

how is malto that far superior to regular old sugar. GI of malto is 137, sugar is 142, HFCS is 89. ( I'm not advocating HFCS haha.)

I know real gains has some other goodies in there but the meat nad potatoes of it is sugar and protein. Throw a scoop of whey in your chocolate milk and its no worse than havig a RG shake.

GJN5002
08-13-09, 12:19 pm

exactly what Im saying. Im not saying RG is crap, I use it and like it.

Wasteland
08-13-09, 12:19 pm

Give me a sec. I'll do one for fat free milk.

It all depends on how you define "superior". If you're looking strictly at protein to carbs, with an emphasis on protein, Real Gains is superior. If you're defining it in terms of whole foods, milk is superior.

Wasteland
08-13-09, 12:20 pm
48 oz of skim milk will get you to 50 g of protein adn the sugar free syrup will get you the taste. Thats like 73 carbs too. and only like 550 calories too.

I looked at your numbers at the protein seems high. Can you link to where you're getting the info from? In my original comparison post, I provided a link to my info.

Wasteland
08-13-09, 12:21 pm
how is malto that far superior to regular old sugar. GI of malto is 137, sugar is 142, HFCS is 89. ( I'm not advocating HFCS haha.)

I know real gains has some other goodies in there but the meat nad potatoes of it is sugar and protein. Throw a scoop of whey in your chocolate milk and its no worse than havig a RG shake.

Thinking in terms of glycemic index is shortsighted gjn5002. I would have thought you'd know this.

CuttDeez
08-13-09, 12:22 pm
I looked at your numbers at the protein seems high. Can you link to where you're getting the info from? In my original comparison post, I provided a link to my info.

http://www.calorieking.com/foods/calories-in-milk-flavored-milk-cow-fat-free-skim_f-Y2lkPTQxMDQ5JmJpZD0xJmZpZD02ODcxNCZlaWQ9NDU0NDgyMj czJnBvcz0xJnBhcj0ma2V5PW1pbGsgc2tpbQ.html

I typed in 48 and picked oz. from teh drop down menu. got 52 g.

LegendKillerJosh
08-13-09, 12:26 pm
Look, I like both real gains and milk. They both have a place in my diet. But I think if you have a choice to drink chocolate milk or a real gains shake, you should go with the real gains. If you want a cup of chocolate milk with your eggs and oats, fine. But if you are at work and need a meal replacement, go with real gains.

Wasteland
08-13-09, 12:33 pm
http://www.calorieking.com/foods/calories-in-milk-flavored-milk-cow-fat-free-skim_f-Y2lkPTQxMDQ5JmJpZD0xJmZpZD02ODcxNCZlaWQ9NDU0NDgyMj czJnBvcz0xJnBhcj0ma2V5PW1pbGsgc2tpbQ.html

I typed in 48 and picked oz. from teh drop down menu. got 52 g.

Thanks. I prefer to use Nutrition Data myself.

http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/dairy-and-egg-products/139/2

This is for fat free white milk.

Wasteland
08-13-09, 12:43 pm
Chocolate Milk (fat free, approx. 4 cups)
Protein: 31g
Carbs: 122g
Fat: 0g
Total: 612 calories

JUGGERNAUT
08-13-09, 12:43 pm
Conclusion:

Mix fish, milk and Real Gains in your blender.

Wasteland
08-13-09, 12:44 pm
Conclusion:

Lol. Only you would do this, wouldn't you?

rev8ball
08-13-09, 12:50 pm
Conclusion:

Been there, done that, paid the doctor bill........

adidas
08-13-09, 12:55 pm
Conclusion:

Ironically I originally thought thats what this thread was goign to be about when I read the title...lol

JUGGERNAUT
08-13-09, 12:55 pm
Lol. Only you would do this, wouldn't you?

My answer is in the silence.

Been there, done that, paid the doctor bill........

See, once you get past taste, you are on the road to better nutrition, better gains and increased convenience.

JUGGERNAUT
08-13-09, 12:58 pm
Ironically I originally thought thats what this thread was goign to be about when I read the title...lol

haha true, it did take a milk vs Real Gains route for a bit...

CuttDeez
08-13-09, 12:58 pm
you are on the road to better nutrition, better gains and increased convenience.

... and larger bowel movements ha ha

Wasteland
08-13-09, 12:59 pm

Minus the Real Gains, lol.

adidas
08-13-09, 1:42 pm
Minus the Real Gains, lol.

lol, nah I figured RG would be mentioned....it's ALWAYS mentioned in the diet forum....I think its one of the 10 rules of the forum.

Real gains will be part of everyones diet plan rule number 6.5.a. subsection 2

Wasteland
08-13-09, 1:56 pm
lol, nah I figured RG would be mentioned....it's ALWAYS mentioned in the diet forum....I think its one of the 10 rules of the forum.

Real gains will be part of everyones diet plan rule number 6.5.a. subsection 2

No, Rule # 6.5.a Subsection 2 has to do with how much protein you can ingest at one sitting. You mean Rule # 6.5a Subsection 14, Paragraph 12c.

adidas
08-13-09, 2:02 pm
No, Rule # 6.5.a Subsection 2 has to do with how much protein you can ingest at one sitting. You mean Rule # 6.5a Subsection 14, Paragraph 12c.

lol, yes indeed I forgot.

BTW realgains breaks the rule of 6.5.a Subsection 2 (ONLY 30g per sitting/meal) by having 52g of protein per serving!

JUGGERNAUT
08-13-09, 2:04 pm
... and larger bowel movements ha ha

Now that's a heavy mmm solid benefit I mean... O heck, just take your Real Gains and st*u.

CuttDeez
08-13-09, 2:06 pm
Now that's a heavy mmm solid benefit I mean... O heck, just take your Real Gains and st*u.

Ha ha no I agree with you juggs. I love my BMs. No real gains for me though. I'm a torrent man myself I was just on this thread to defend milk!

Wasteland
08-13-09, 2:13 pm
lol, yes indeed I forgot.

BTW realgains breaks the rule of 6.5.a Subsection 2 (ONLY 30g per sitting/meal) by having 52g of protein per serving!

Yes, I remember that 30g rule. It's written into stone, lol.

JUGGERNAUT
08-13-09, 2:15 pm
Ha ha no I agree with you juggs. I love my BMs. No real gains for me though. I'm a torrent man myself I was just on this thread to defend milk!

TMI! haha but yeah, count me in to defend food in general and supps. I'll leave the poopin to you, deal?

Wasteland
08-13-09, 2:16 pm

Torrent? Real Gains? For you: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?p=782097#post782097

adidas
08-13-09, 2:34 pm
Yes, I remember that 30g rule. It's written into stone, lol.
yes..yes it was a stone tablet I believe handed over to soem dude named Moses. lol

CuttDeez
08-13-09, 2:35 pm
TMI! haha but yeah, count me in to defend food in general and supps. I'll leave the poopin to you, deal?

Ha Ha will do juggs will do!

GJN5002
08-13-09, 3:07 pm
Thinking in terms of glycemic index is shortsighted gjn5002. I would have thought you'd know this.

Haha, yes yes I know and I knew you would call me out on it. Only using it to illustrate the fact that its sugar, but that is off topic.

Conclusion:

FTW

Glory
08-13-09, 4:26 pm
There is nothing wrong with having a couple glasses of fat-free chocolate milk once in awhile, if I'm not on a bulking diet I'm not going to sit there and have a shake of RG when I don't need it.

JUGGERNAUT
08-13-09, 4:32 pm
There is nothing wrong with having a couple glasses of fat-free chocolate milk once in awhile, if I'm not on a bulking diet I'm not going to sit there and have a shake of RG when I don't need it.

Real Gains is not just for bulking, why did you say that? It's great post work out, as a meal replacement or just for the heck of it. The profile is too awesome and clean to ignore and right off. You could use it while dieting too. (serving sizes are adjustable)

Glory
08-13-09, 4:35 pm
I know I was just trying to say chocolate milk is O.K. for something quick & easy.

Wasteland
08-13-09, 5:01 pm
I know I was just trying to say chocolate milk is O.K. for something quick & easy.

It is, you're fine.

J Wong
08-13-09, 10:30 pm
All this talk of chocolate milk has convinced me to do one thing tomorrow:

After my weigh in, go to the gas station and get one of those yoohoo things of chocolate milk.

TigerAce01
08-13-09, 10:41 pm

After my weigh in, go to the gas station and get one of those yoohoo things of chocolate milk.

Don't overdo it after weigh ins...you can get the shits, get all bloated, even get sore and puffy ankles...stick to only water and pedialyte for a half hour after (fluids are more important first), then eat some fruit, then start eating normally again.

-Ace

violator
08-14-09, 7:52 am
Sorry if I seem stubborn but no one will ever convince me that chocolate milk is even CLOSE to as good as real gains for you.

true dat....the carbs in real gains r quality, not like the lactose rubbish in milk....

adidas
08-14-09, 8:37 am

yoohoo is NOT milk...lol

GJN5002
08-14-09, 9:54 am
true dat....the carbs in real gains r quality, not like the lactose rubbish in milk....

I really dont want to reignite the milk vs real gains debate, but seriously lactose rubbish?

adidas
08-14-09, 10:19 am
I really dont want to reignite the milk vs real gains debate, but seriously lactose rubbish?

yes...don't you know the only source(s) of carb that are any good is WMS and Dextrose...

Fructose adn Lactose and everythign else is garbage...

Wasteland
08-14-09, 10:21 am
yes...don't you know the only source(s) of carb that are any good is WMS and Dextrose...

Fructose adn Lactose and everythign else is garbage...

Don't know about garbage, but fructose is one carb I tend to avoid.

adidas
08-14-09, 10:31 am
Don't know about garbage, but fructose is one carb I tend to avoid.

so no fruit for you...

I personally like my bananas, berries, apples, pineapples etc...when I eat them.

Wasteland
08-14-09, 10:36 am
so no fruit for you...

I personally like my bananas, berries, apples, pineapples etc...when I eat them.

Of course not whole food sources. I'm talking about processed sources of fructose, lol.

adidas
08-14-09, 10:48 am
Of course not whole food sources. I'm talking about processed sources of fructose, lol.

ah...ha ha my bad...then I am with ya there.

Hoomgar
08-14-09, 11:44 am
For those interested to know. "Most" of the commercial chocolate milk you buy out there is reprocessed milk. When labeled dairy gets close on expiration they pull it back unlike other products that can still be sold off past date. The old milk products are then reprocessed to purify them and extend their life a little more. They re-homogenize it among other things and then add the heavy sugar chocolate flavored syrup and pack it up and back out it goes.

It is perfectly safe to drink. That isn't the point. The point is that the nutritional value of it is in question now. I may drink it on rare occasions as a treat but if I were going to consume it regularly I'd be making it myself with fresh milk. Like the one brother said, a good chocolate whey protein is a great choice.

Just FYI fellas.

Hg

violator
08-17-09, 2:51 am
For those interested to know. "Most" of the commercial chocolate milk you buy out there is reprocessed milk. When labeled dairy gets close on expiration they pull it back unlike other products that can still be sold off past date. The old milk products are then reprocessed to purify them and extend their life a little more. They re-homogenize it among other things and then add the heavy sugar chocolate flavored syrup and pack it up and back out it goes.

Man...thats quite shocking....thanks for the info....

sanga
08-17-09, 7:52 am
Does anybody else have these in their diets? And how often do you eat fish or drink chocolate milk?

If bulking or using as a cheat meal I`d have chocolate milk especially after a workout but I`d not mix the two, lol