PDA

View Full Version : training vids

brays3440
08-13-09, 2:31 am
Here are two vids from recent training. Ive been doing to 5x5 routine the past few weeks and all is going well.

Last set of bench:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXlqpmGZ9vQ

Last set of Military:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41Bel4Bdx4I&feature=channel

Give me your opinions and critisisms

MVP
08-13-09, 2:49 am
You are one strong mo'fo.

Remind me if I ever meet you in person to stay on your good side. ;-)

For constructive criticism, your bench looked fine, your press on the other hand I found a bit shaky for two reasons.

1) I would perform than standing, to utilize more of the core.

2) During the eccentric contraction it looks like you're letting gravity do most of the work, I would recommend coming down a bit slower and more controlled.

Good lifts though.

Dedicated
08-13-09, 11:08 am
You are one strong mo'fo.

Remind me if I ever meet you in person to stay on your good side. ;-)

For constructive criticism, your bench looked fine, your press on the other hand I found a bit shaky for two reasons.

1) I would perform than standing, to utilize more of the core.

2) During the eccentric contraction it looks like you're letting gravity do most of the work, I would recommend coming down a bit slower and more controlled.

Good lifts though.

What he said ^^^

Impressive strength though bro.

Mizzarler
08-13-09, 12:44 pm
Looked good man. It looked to light for you though.

BigDubbDiesel
08-13-09, 3:09 pm
serious weight, whats your 3rd set on your 5x5?

Aggression
08-13-09, 3:15 pm
strong brother up in here. 365 on bench, 245 on military, niCe work.

Sounds like Octane radio playing in the background ....

brays3440
08-15-09, 1:16 am
Thanks everyone!

MVP and Dedicated: Been doing them seated to work just my shoulders. Didnt want to get the legs involved. I'll give the slower eccentric a try. Not sure why I drop it fast, its not too heavy for me.

Mizzarler: I still have about 4 more weeks to go in the 16 week cycle so some of the lifts are still a little light, but not much.

BigDubbDiesel: 3rd set on bench was 320, 3rd set on military was 195

Aggression: Thanks, im not really sure what music was playing, I just had on a local radio station

MVP
08-15-09, 1:31 am
MVP and Dedicated: Been doing them seated to work just my shoulders. Didnt want to get the legs involved. I'll give the slower eccentric a try. Not sure why I drop it fast, its not too heavy for me.

It's not about bringing the legs in, it's about the core. You can still use the shoulders without leg drive in a traditional standing press, the core would be required in a seated press to stabilize your torso in order to keep you upright. Working your core will lead to improvement in all your lifts, including the press.