PDA

View Full Version : What are you guys drinking during your sessions?

Razor
08-13-09, 5:33 pm
I used to just drink water but now after seeing and reading the different stuff you guys take (like BigAnt for example) i'm thinking of changing since my body might not be getting all it needs...

Shoot.

Mr. Dead
08-13-09, 5:35 pm
A mix of Intra Aid and EAA Stack...

Pistola
08-13-09, 5:42 pm
Bcaa stack mixed in water

widdlewade44
08-13-09, 5:46 pm
Intra Aid or EAA Nitro, both of which are unbelievable.

I have tweaked my drinks in the past with BigAnt's advice by adding Carbo Plus into my Stock Therapy.

Kevin
widdlewade44

LoDown
08-13-09, 5:52 pm
I like to drink the Intra-Aid, to me it helps better then those other sport drinks, plus your getting added BCAA's while you train!

J Wong
08-13-09, 5:54 pm
Water... soon to be EAA Stack

Big C
08-13-09, 6:17 pm
Right now the watermellon EAAs, double-serving. Followed by a pak of Nitro and 3 scoops Citrus Torrent after. All that seems to do the trick.

Gambit
08-13-09, 6:20 pm
HULK JUICE

One scoop Citrus Burst IA and one scoop Blue Raz IA mixed in 64oz of water

MVP
08-13-09, 6:50 pm
Fruit punch flavored Gatorade with creatine monohydrate.

Cstlfx
08-13-09, 6:51 pm
Big Ant's Drink with EAA Stack!!!!

Survivor831
08-13-09, 7:22 pm
Citrus Burst Intra-Aid + BCAA stack orange. Very Tasty!!!!!!!!!!!!

shizz702
08-13-09, 8:20 pm
Water

Gambit
08-13-09, 8:45 pm
Water

Good choice.

Alk
08-13-09, 9:10 pm
Water

I got my gallon jug right next to me atm haha. That's the only thing I drink at the gym.

T o m m Y
08-13-09, 10:18 pm
60 Grams Of Gatorade

D-NUTZ
08-13-09, 10:30 pm
Wata!

MVP
08-13-09, 10:40 pm
I can't drink water at the gym, I feel like I get more energy from Gatorade, probably from the electrolytes and glucose. I do add creatine to it too, so that helps.

BryanSmash!
08-14-09, 1:05 am
Water. I drink roughly a gallon during my workout depending on how hot it is.

sunny_max
08-14-09, 3:27 am
just a lotta water.........i take eaa stack on leg day though.......finish off with nitro.....

Mizzarler
08-14-09, 3:58 am
Juicy Juice and a PB sandwich with the crust cut off.

theharjmann
08-14-09, 4:03 am
I used to just drink water but now after seeing and reading the different stuff you guys take (like BigAnt for example) i'm thinking of changing since my body might not be getting all it needs...

Shoot.

The way i see it....if you eat enough during the day, theres no need to faff with taking in "nutrients" whilst training.

However i DO notice a big decline in my performance if i dont keep hydrated with water.

Water, water water i say....but only if you make sure you eat enough during the day.

CommoDick
08-14-09, 1:29 pm
water...and lots of it

live2lift
08-14-09, 1:35 pm
Aminos in water

JUGGERNAUT
08-14-09, 1:54 pm
Intra-Aid

The Sun
08-14-09, 1:56 pm
about half a gallon of water

Wasteland
08-14-09, 2:33 pm
Intra-Aid, EAA Stack + CHO, EAA Nitro. Pretty much anything with free form EAA and carbohydrates.

JUGGERNAUT
08-14-09, 2:37 pm
Intra-Aid, EAA Stack + CHO, EAA Nitro. Pretty much anything with free form EAA and carbohydrates.

I agree, water is not enough. Just carbs alone lower stress hormones but having protein present helps everything absorb, so I say Intra-Aid hands down. My biggest problem has always been lactic acid and intra-Aid makes it zero.

Wasteland
08-14-09, 2:42 pm
I agree, water is not enough. Just carbs alone lower stress hormones but having protein present helps everything absorb, so I say Intra-Aid hands down. My biggest problem has always been lactic acid and intra-Aid makes it zero.

I like water. It's neutral. But why not water and some valuable aminos and carbohydrates? Great body of science being created on the subject of protein + carbohydrates during lifting.

musclealchemist
08-14-09, 3:19 pm
I usually drink water with some EAA watermelon, but thats during my cut. Now that im going over to my bulk i think im going to mix some fruit punch gatorade with some of my EAA stack. I think its going to turn out pretty good.

LegendKillerJosh
08-14-09, 5:58 pm
The way i see it....if you eat enough during the day, theres no need to faff with taking in "nutrients" whilst training.

However i DO notice a big decline in my performance if i dont keep hydrated with water.

Water, water water i say....but only if you make sure you eat enough during the day.

I disagree. You shouldn't eat too soon before a workout, and taking in a carb/protein drink during your workout will help your muscles in many different ways. I don't want to explain all the reasons why, but water alone isn't enough for a workout.

I do gatorade, eaa stack and bcaa stack

theharjmann
08-15-09, 6:57 am
I disagree. You shouldn't eat too soon before a workout, and taking in a carb/protein drink during your workout will help your muscles in many different ways. I don't want to explain all the reasons why, but water alone isn't enough for a workout.

I do gatorade, eaa stack and bcaa stack

I eat one and a half hours before i workout. And then i workout (including warm up and stretch) for approx 1 hour 15 mins. Therefore the time between me pre workout meal and postworkout shake is 2 hr 45min which is perfect.

If i eat too close to my workout i cant train properly and end up puking.

strivin for more
08-15-09, 10:08 am

while im sure this is true, my budget doesnt allow for the supplements haha.

good ol H2O for me!

LegendKillerJosh
08-15-09, 12:16 pm
I eat one and a half hours before i workout. And then i workout (including warm up and stretch) for approx 1 hour 15 mins. Therefore the time between me pre workout meal and postworkout shake is 2 hr 45min which is perfect.

If i eat too close to my workout i cant train properly and end up puking.

Yeah, you definitely shouldn't eat before a workout or you'll compromise your blood flow to the muscles. But while you are training is an excellent time to feed your muscles some bcaas with a simple carb mix.

Bard of Rage
08-15-09, 1:29 pm
Water, more so since I started the Anabolic Diet a few months ago and don't want to add too many extra carbohydrates.

Firefist
08-15-09, 3:00 pm
i got some leftover citrus intra-aid (the last can of an original six haha), and i have some lemonlime bcaa comin soon.

MojoMike36
08-16-09, 12:18 am
flavored Vitamin C packets. A total of 3,000 mg in a great flavor of lemon/lime or raspberry. Only 2g carbs per packet too.

andrewT
08-16-09, 8:40 am
Juicy Juice and a PB sandwich with the crust cut off.

really?

I would puke if that was me!

mritter3
08-16-09, 9:25 am
i mix cell pro and eaa nitro, sometimes i do eaa stack and intra aid

cartertk
08-17-09, 12:59 pm
EAA Nitro / STORM with ice water. Nothing like it. PUMP is crazy 4 real. Nothing like the basics.....

dyskee
08-17-09, 5:17 pm
water

fenix237
08-17-09, 5:47 pm
i drink water during my workouts, but in the future i would consider an intra-w/o type of drink- but the truth is that there is much room for improvement elsewhere in my diet/supps before i think i "need" an intra w/o drink. plus, i'm not in "great" lifting condition just yet, so i feel my limits are my lack of conditioning more than not having an intra w/o drink

charlievanriper
08-19-09, 6:20 pm
powdered Orange flavored gatorade w/ 5 gr creatine and scoop of AKG Arginine and 5 grams powdered BCAA's

ghost
08-19-09, 6:21 pm
i drink water during my workouts, but in the future i would consider an intra-w/o type of drink- but the truth is that there is much room for improvement elsewhere in my diet/supps before i think i "need" an intra w/o drink. plus, i'm not in "great" lifting condition just yet, so i feel my limits are my lack of conditioning more than not having an intra w/o drink

either EAA Nitro, or Intra-Aid, or water, or water...

Jengyz
08-20-09, 9:52 am
Water, for now.

C.Coronato
08-20-09, 10:34 am
EAA Stack - Watermelon - Double Dose mixed with Intra Aid - Citrus. DAMN TASTY.

VinceRkg
08-20-09, 12:30 pm
I've been drinking Grape Juice and Cranberry juice with 1 Table spoon of Creatine Micronized...Been good...

charlievanriper
08-20-09, 1:18 pm
I've been drinking Grape Juice and Cranberry juice with 1 Table spoon of Creatine Micronized...Been good...

Thats a good mix vince I'll bet its tasty, I would suggest adding a scoop of Arginine powder and BCAA powder basically that would create an inexpensive copy of most pre workout drinks, ( unless you do some BCAA product just before and after your workout. Personally I do both as I like to keep my Amino Levels high all the time)

J-Dawg
08-20-09, 1:45 pm
I've been using EAA Nitro Fruit Punch and am loving it. I'm a big fan of simple carbs and EAAs during the workout.

K Stro24
08-20-09, 6:51 pm
How do you guys feel about this during a workout:

12-16oz of Orange Juice
BCAA Stack 1 Serving
and fill the rest of the Gallon Jug with water

any thoughts on how this might work? trying to experiment here with aminos and simple carbs, wondering if anyone takes anything similar to this?

charlievanriper
08-20-09, 7:02 pm
I used to use OJ about 8 oz with water and my other powders, but I found I liked the powdered orange Gatorade better, I feel better than with the juice. Just me though.

Litty-T
08-20-09, 7:07 pm
Lots of water and 20oz of Purple Wraath, thats what gets me through

K Stro24
08-20-09, 7:09 pm
I used to use OJ about 8 oz with water and my other powders, but I found I liked the powdered orange Gatorade better, I feel better than with the juice. Just me though.

im thinking ill try the orange gatorade powder, its prbly cheaper than OJ anyways

ghost
08-20-09, 7:10 pm
im thinking ill try the orange gatorade powder, its prbly cheaper than OJ anyways

could always try Big Ant's Secret drink........

K Stro24
08-20-09, 7:15 pm
could always try Big Ant's Secret drink........

ive looked at it, thinking about it, my set up would be something like:

Shock and Creatine Mono
the Intra workout concoction
then Nitro and a few minutes later torrent

BigAnt
08-20-09, 10:38 pm
BigAnt drink...

In a 64oz. bottle...

1 scoop Storm/fruit punch
1 scoop BCAA Stack/grape
1 tbsp Glutamine
1 scoop powder Gatorade/fruit punch or grape....

Mix with ice water.....

Razor
08-21-09, 9:45 am
When i got my tank in the mail yesterday it came with some trial intra-aid. Gonna see how that works. :)

Big1
08-21-09, 9:58 am
Only water.. Plenty of it..

VinceRkg
08-21-09, 12:05 pm
Thats a good mix vince I'll bet its tasty, I would suggest adding a scoop of Arginine powder and BCAA powder basically that would create an inexpensive copy of most pre workout drinks, ( unless you do some BCAA product just before and after your workout. Personally I do both as I like to keep my Amino Levels high all the time)

Yes it is very good, Before I just drink Monster Pump, and after Monster Mass....

live2lift
08-21-09, 12:39 pm
One thing that I have done that has also worked well for me is if you guys take any kind of pre wo NO powder such as Shock Therapy then try this next time...
about 30 mins pre wo mix you NO powder in about 20 oz water bottle, then drink only about 3/4 of the bottle. When you get to the gym fill up the rest of the bottle with water, and you can add any other powder (aminos, creatine, etc) to the mix if desired and drink that between sets. The leftover NO powder gives you an extra energy boost intra workout cuz sometimes the NO runs out before your workout is over if you take it all pre wo. This has always worked well for me...give it try and let me know if you like it as well.

Peace

charlievanriper
08-23-09, 3:38 pm
One thing that I have done that has also worked well for me is if you guys take any kind of pre wo NO powder such as Shock Therapy then try this next time...
about 30 mins pre wo mix you NO powder in about 20 oz water bottle, then drink only about 3/4 of the bottle. When you get to the gym fill up the rest of the bottle with water, and you can add any other powder (aminos, creatine, etc) to the mix if desired and drink that between sets. The leftover NO powder gives you an extra energy boost intra workout cuz sometimes the NO runs out before your workout is over if you take it all pre wo. This has always worked well for me...give it try and let me know if you like it as well.

Peace

I just ordered some Shock Therapy to try, I think overall it will be a better and less expensive way to get my pre workout in.
I was thinking for intra add 1 scoop of Gatorade for the Carbs and 1/2 scoop of Shock Therapy for the NO and another scoop of AKG Arginine and Creatine mix that up with water and drink that during the workout any thoughts on this.

Big Wides
08-23-09, 6:40 pm
During my workout its one of the following:

Drink 1 - 1 scoop Shock Therapy and 3 scoops Torrent

Drink 2 - 1 scoop EAA Nitro and 3 scoops Torrent

Drink 3 - 4 scoops Torrent

Little Z
08-23-09, 6:49 pm

Im runnin about the same process right now.. Torrent is always on hand for me..

BW long time bro, which Torrent flavor you destroying currently?

charlievanriper
08-23-09, 8:42 pm

Thats cool but you must go thru 2 or 3 bottles each a month, thats alot of money for a small independant Personal Trainer with a wife, mother and 4 small dogs to feed! I got to use a little and make it big lol.

Big Wides
08-23-09, 9:15 pm
Im runnin about the same process right now.. Torrent is always on hand for me..

BW long time bro, which Torrent flavor you destroying currently?

Green Apple

Thats cool but you must go thru 2 or 3 bottles each a month, thats alot of money for a small independant Personal Trainer with a wife, mother and 4 small dogs to feed! I got to use a little and make it big lol.

Only go through what you normally would in a month. Instead of drinking Torrent Post Workout I go for it intra

charlievanriper
08-24-09, 12:11 am
Green Apple

Only go through what you normally would in a month. Instead of drinking Torrent Post Workout I go for it intra

Thats the point your supplement bill must be outrageous, Torrent is what 30.00 per can for 15 servings that would be 2 bottles approx for a month ( I lift 6 days a week)
Shocks what 30.00 per bottle thats a bigger size and lasts a little more.
then pak and everything else, dude I have to keep the bill under control.
Pak is primary
Flex at my age is primary
Omega to me is primary
milk and egg powder is primary
and I like to cycle Stak and M stak ( espcially at my age )
and then additional supps for the wifes health and progress.
hopefully shock therapy will be my answer that and the addition of a can of Gatorade which is cheap to buy, and that is pushing it thier is no way at this time I can justify another addition.