PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Recipes...

J-Dawg
01-10-07, 9:54 am
Post some of your own favorite bodybuilding meal recipes in this thread. How do you make your tuna palatable? What special technique have ya mastered in making chicken go down the hatch on a routine basis. Share your savory bodybuilding recipes here and post if you use 'em for cutting or bulking...

Curos
01-10-07, 3:25 pm
Chicken and pork are easy for me to get down, a little hotsauce and I'm set. Same with eggs. Oatmeal...splenda does the trick.

The one I have the hardest time with is tuna and brown rice. But I've been mixing about 300cal worth rice (forget how many cups :p) and a 7oz packet of tuna and dashing on some Tony Sacharies Creole Seasoning. Try it, shit is delicious. Makes eating tuna actually something I look forward to.

dmoore
01-10-07, 4:15 pm
What I am doing now since I am 12 weeks out from my show and my salt intake is still high, I'm taking either chicken or beef depending on what meal it is and I'm cooking it with soy and worchestershire sauce and onions. It adds a lot of flavor and makes it so even if i wasnt dieting I would still like to eat it. I'm cooking the chicken with broccoli and the beef with green peppers and it tastes great.

dmoore
01-10-07, 4:17 pm
For oats I'm just adding equal and cinnamon and some water and eating them raw like a bowl of cereal. For 2 of my meals I have protein powder and oats so all I'm doing there is putting the pro powder in the oats with some cinnamon and a little water to make it cake together and eating it raw. I use vanilla powder so it takes on the cinnamon flavor and it is pretty good.

Toni69
01-11-07, 4:31 am
My Best Roasted Chicken Recipie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can try this...comes out perfect every time and its fast and easy enough for you busy bodybuilders!

Large roasting chicken (oven at 400 degrees)
stuff cavity with lemon slices, whole garlic (with skin), small onion cut in half (with skin), fresh rosemary, thyme or sage (or all three), and stuff inside and under skin. You can chop an apple in half too and put it inside if you like.

You can either take a small amount of canola oil and rub in your hands (like a tsp or less) and rub all over outside of chicken or spray pam in your hands and rub all over outside of chicken. Season with salt and pepper, place in a roasting pan with high edges.

Take a can of fat free/low sodium chicken broth and pour half can in bottom of pan. Put chicken in oven and roast at 400 degrees for 20 minutes than turn down heat to 350 and roast an hour more for a large chicken. You may need to add more chicken broth in pan..so do so..you can add some white wine too.

Cut into thigh to make sure your done otherwise put in oven for another 10 or so minutes...there is your dinner! Moist and delicious every time! I promise!

determined
01-11-07, 9:18 am
Peanut butter and honey in your oats will make them not only taste better but they will stick with you alot longer.

Mr.Totality
01-11-07, 11:59 am
Peanut butter and honey in your oats will make them not only taste better but they will stick with you alot longer.

I might have to try that PB one, I have been using the recs here with the protein shake, and have been pleased thus far.

Also, for chicken, if you have a foreman grill it is real simple to make a solid meal where the chicken actually tastes good.
get some low sugar bbq sauce, mix a sizeable amount in a bowl with salt, pepper, and a little mustard. make it a paste. Put it in a ziploc bag with the chicken over night to marinate. The chicken will soak it all in. Either use a foreman or a regular propane grill the next day and off you go. A nice tnagy taste and good for you too

G Diesel
01-11-07, 12:45 pm
Here is an easy one, that tastes damn good...

Bag of minute rice
12 oz. of cooked, diced chicken breast
1 can Fat Free Cream of Mushroom soup
1 can Fat Free Cream of Chicken soup

Mix in a pot and cook slowly on the range or bake in a casserole dish... Lots of carbs, kcals and protein in a tasty slop. Season with cayenne if you like it spicy. Peace, G

Toni69
01-12-07, 4:23 am
Thank you for this one! Eating it right now!

determined
01-12-07, 8:25 am
Thank you for this one! Eating it right now!

The Peanut butter gives a little more protien but I also have read that two tablespoons of honey has more energy in it than a Redbull.

X5_2002
01-12-07, 1:34 pm

Thanks for the tip!!! Greatly appreciate it. Will give it a try.

BritishTang
01-12-07, 7:06 pm
My wife will sometimes make this appetizer like meal before I eat my chicken and brown rice.

You will need the following:
1 Tomato
Feta Cheese
Baslamic Vinegar
Sweet Basil, or Basil

Take the tomato and slice it into thin strips. Arrange them seperately onto the plate and put about a capful of Basalmic Vinegar on each individual slice (Alot of it ends up draining off) Sprinkle each slice with a healthy dose of Basil now. After this - add a couple crumples of feta cheese to each slice. Enjoy.

I've eaten this cutting and bulking. Fantastic appetizer like thing.

jatta palu
01-12-07, 11:10 pm
2 cups non fat plain yogurt
sliced strawberries ( i buy the frozen sliced ones without sugar)
handful of blueberries
top with granola

quick to make, good, fast. you can do a tradeoff with the fruit (like strawberries and bananas)

dmnspdg
01-13-07, 7:47 pm
tried a unique on last night,

Can of Albacore tuna
6 egg whites
Taco seasoning pack
1 roasted red pepper

basicly, chopped up the pepper, mixed it with the tuna, egg whites, and taco seasoning. Put the mixture in a skillet with olive oil, and cooked until the eggs were cooked. Place over a bed of Romaine, douse with Frank's and dig in

it actually tased good!

Benny
01-15-07, 3:18 pm
hey guys, new here and thought i would drop this one for those who are tired of eating egg whites and tired of eating oatmeal plain. depending on how you dress it up you can use it for dieting or bulking.

1 cup egg whites
1 cup quaker oats
tbsp splenda
dash of cinnamon

mix it up and let it sit in the fridge for about 20 minutes so it can thicken up. Pour into a frying pan, of course using pam. Add a 1/2 cup of blueberries, mixed berries and cook like a pancake. You can eat it plain or add the no sugar syrup.
I live off these things.

ironshaolin
01-15-07, 11:26 pm
Dude, This thread makes me think ANIMALPAK.COM should come out with a new product: the ANIMAL cookbook. How sweet would that be? A chapter for carbs, one for protein, one for cutting and one for bulking. I think anyone serious into the diet would love that. Anyway, here's my dessert addiition.

Oatmeal protein cookies

1 1/2 cups oatmeal
some splenda
4 scoops of muscle milk, any flavor(they all rock)
1/4 cup raisins or other dried fruit
1/4 cup milk

Mix all that good stuff together, if it looks to thick and won't mix add some more milk. Set your oven to 350 degrees, plop some tablespoons on a cookie sheet and cook around 10 mins or until they look done. Sometimes they come out dry, I'm still experimenting with the recipe. I basically took it out of the lid on a quaker oatmeal container, replaced the flour with muscle milk, and made a few alterations. Give it a try if you're bulking everyone loves cookies, and cookies with GOOD carbs and delicious protein can't fail.

Maximus
01-15-07, 11:54 pm
I'm still hooked on House's oatmeal cookies...1 cup oats, 1/2cup water, 6-8 splenda packets...mix together and put into the microwave for 3 1/2-4min...so quick and easy to add to eggs for breakfast in the morning

Beast1
01-16-07, 2:13 am
The Start:
Add a teaspoon of butter spread to a non-stick pan
Saute 1/2 cup green onions cut into strips
1/2 cup chopped onions
4-6 ounces of turkey chopped,
Then add 1 cup of egg whites and two wholes eggs. Remove the peppers, onions, and turkey from the pan. Add a teaspoon of butter spread the eggs whipped into the pan. After the bottom gets done flip over the omelet and add a 1/4 cup of low-fat cheese to one side of the omelet and the green peppers, onions, and turkey to the other side, fold the omelet in half cook evenly on each side and your done.

ironshaolin
01-16-07, 8:04 pm
I'm still hooked on House's oatmeal cookies...1 cup oats, 1/2cup water, 6-8 splenda packets...mix together and put into the microwave for 3 1/2-4min...so quick and easy to add to eggs for breakfast in the morning

hmm, I haven't tried it like that yet. What do you mix it in a bowl so its like one big cookie or drop it out on a paper towel?

Maximus
01-16-07, 8:36 pm
hmm, I haven't tried it like that yet. What do you mix it in a bowl so its like one big cookie or drop it out on a paper towel?

yeah, I mix it in a really tough microwavable container but, I don't have a lid on it...and yeah it makes one big cookie and I just eat it out of the container

Obelix
01-18-07, 2:58 am
x cups of oats, double the water and with 2-4 tablespoons of olive olie.. nuke 3min in the micro. brownsugar and cinnamon on the top!! it really good!!

thanks to my buddy Justinrozon7
at bodybuilding.com

Maximus
01-19-07, 9:23 am
x cups of oats, double the water and with 2-4 tablespoons of olive olie.. nuke 3min in the micro. brownsugar and cinnamon on the top!! it really good!!

thanks to my buddy Justinrozon7
at bodybuilding.com

Good idea w/the olive oil...great way to get in some extra EFA's

Bump!!

Eating right now 3 whole eggs omelette mixed with ½ cup of oats and cinnamon..

Yummy!!

Big Jawn
02-04-07, 11:16 pm
Banana Bread

Ingredients
2 eggs
1/3 cup white sugar
1/3 cup brown or raw sugar
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
3/4 cup skim milk
1 Tbsp olive oil (or other healthy oil)
¾Tbsp vanilla extract
1¾ cups whole wheat flour (or half and half)
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt

Optional:
1/4 rasins
1/4 sunflower seeds or walnuts or flax seed etc.
1 Tbsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Spray a bread pan with non-stick cooking spray or olive oil.
In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
Beat in bananas, milk, oil and vanilla.
In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Stir flour mixture into banana mixture, mixing just until blended.
Pour batter into prepared pan do not fill more than 1/2 full - if you are using smaller pans, be sure not to fill them more than 1/2 full or they will overflow while baking.
Bake in preheated pan until golden and a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean, about 1 hour.
Cool on a wire rack and do it up.
I love this for bulking/cheats aka. once a week haha

Big Jawn
02-04-07, 11:25 pm
MRB (Meal Replacement Bar) Template
One of my fav templates...

Combine in large mixing bowl:

3 Cups oatmeal (I use 2 of instant oat and 1 of large flake baking oats)
1/2 Cup natty pb
1 Cup skim milk
4 Scoops protein powder or weight gainer (depending on goals, you may have to vary the template depending on the ingredients of your protein powder)
1 Tbsp cinnamon
2 Egg whites

Optional:
More pb
Chocolate chips
Sunflower seeds, walnuts, pecans, almonds etc.
Rasins
Whatever you want!

Mix until a sticky batter is formed.
Use a large spoon to spread out the mix into the bottom of a cooking sprayed metal or glass pan.
Top with 4-8 packets splenda or some brown sugar etc.
Put in the fridge overnight and cut into bars whenever.

focused
02-06-07, 1:44 pm

yeah bro i'm eating one right now, i was like fuck, that sounds good, and....i wasnt disappointed in the least bit. thanks!

focused
02-10-07, 5:41 pm
MRB (Meal Replacement Bar) Template
One of my fav templates...

Combine in large mixing bowl:

3 Cups oatmeal (I use 2 of instant oat and 1 of large flake baking oats)
1/2 Cup natty pb
1 Cup skim milk
4 Scoops protein powder or weight gainer (depending on goals, you may have to vary the template depending on the ingredients of your protein powder)
1 Tbsp cinnamon
2 Egg whites

Optional:
More pb
Chocolate chips
Sunflower seeds, walnuts, pecans, almonds etc.
Rasins
Whatever you want!

Mix until a sticky batter is formed.
Use a large spoon to spread out the mix into the bottom of a cooking sprayed metal or glass pan.
Top with 4-8 packets splenda or some brown sugar etc.
Put in the fridge overnight and cut into bars whenever.

Big Jawn is it still sticky when you cut into the bars? cause i'm thinkin about making these, then i was wondering if you can put em in the oven or something first? but i guess i'll just stick em in the fridge.

Toni69
02-10-07, 5:46 pm
I will not have recipes such as this competing with mine on here! JUST KIDDING! I love a man who knows his way around the kitchen! By the way, I am eating my 3rd piece right now...so yummy! I love you..thank you!

Toni69
02-10-07, 7:33 pm
I omitted the eggs, I have a thing about eating raw eggs, so I substituted with something else. Still delicious..and I love sticky, like rice krispie treat sticky and chewy.

focused
02-10-07, 7:46 pm
I omitted the eggs, I have a thing about eating raw eggs, so I substituted with something else. Still delicious..and I love sticky, like rice krispie treat sticky and chewy.

haha toni's gettin defensive over HER cookbook. but what'd ya substitute for the eggs?

Anabolic_Canuck
02-10-07, 7:54 pm
How to make that can of tuna more palateable?...Try mixing in LOWFAT
Italian Salad Dressing..Sounds Gross...but sure makes the tuna go down a
whole lot easier.

Toni69
02-11-07, 5:51 pm
haha toni's gettin defensive over HER cookbook. but what'd ya substitute for the eggs?

I believe he was using the eggs to keep everything together, like a glue, then once it cooled, it all kept together so you could slice it. I am guessing here. I think it would have been fine if you baked it for 10 minutes than cooled it. Its all personal taste really. If the eggs are fresh, it should not be a problem to eat raw eggwhites. I just wouldn't keep it for too long.

I put peanut butter and about 1/4 cup honey in the microwave to heat up, then stirred together to make a paste, then added the skim milk, but not as much. I lined a baking tin with foil and sprayed it with pam.

I mixed the oats with vanilla protein powder and the cinnamon. I poured the liquid over the oats and mixed together. I baked it for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Than let it cool. It was really good. You can actually do alot with this recipe to make it your own. You can add anythng to it.

Big Jawn
02-11-07, 6:12 pm
As Toni said you can do just about anything with this recipie, the first time I made them they were a little too mushy...still tasted good though. Try baking them like Toni said, or just sticking them in the fridge overnight.

focused
02-11-07, 6:20 pm
alright, thanks, i'mma have to try these things.

cubs1987
02-14-07, 6:13 pm
one of my favorite recipes is very simple
-1 cup cottage cheese
-1/6 pack of sugar free, fat free pudding mix
amazing!

CoBFaB
02-16-07, 12:38 am
french toast
ate this tonight :

a bunch of slices of whole wheat and oat bread (orowheat kind)
2 cups eggbeaters
cinnamon
splenda

mix eggs, cinnamon, splenda, and some vanilla - dip bread = boom

french toast
each slice= about 120 cals

super good ratio

17 carbs 12 protein no fat

fun if you want something that tastes like cheating but aint. get some no cal syrup. good pre lift food.

Toni69
02-16-07, 6:21 am
french toast
ate this tonight :

a bunch of slices of whole wheat and oat bread (orowheat kind)
2 cups eggbeaters
cinnamon
splenda

mix eggs, cinnamon, splenda, and some vanilla - dip bread = boom

french toast
each slice= about 120 cals

super good ratio

17 carbs 12 protein no fat

fun if you want something that tastes like cheating but aint. get some no cal syrup. good pre lift food.

This sounds really nice..tomorrow's breakfast I am thinking..thank you! You guys are all impressing me here with your recipes..really good to see this.

Testpolska
02-16-07, 6:34 pm
Some of this stuff sounds too good to be true. Compared to some of these recipes, the way I cook is too simple. The farthest I've ever gone with a recipe was redhot marinated chicken.

I personally really want to try to suggested French Toast.

Keep these babies coming.

txpower
02-16-07, 8:28 pm
protein peanut rolls

one scoop of whey
one large spoon full of peanut butter
some milk
a little honey

knead it all together and freeze for a quick snack makes one serving
add more ingrediants for more servings and just got off a piece when you get hungry

cubs1987
02-28-07, 9:54 pm
my favorite way to eat tuna:
-can o'tuna
-2-3 tbs mustard
-lots of hot sauce
-lots of Mrs. Dash
-3-4 tbs chunky salsa

amazing!

SINISTRE'
03-14-07, 6:49 pm
This Fills You Up And Sticks With You Til The Next Meal. Full Of Good Complex Carbs And Quality Protein....

1/2 Serv Choc Serious Mass Weight Gainer (opt. Nutrition)
1 Scoop Vanilla Whey
1/4c Peanut Butter
6 Junior Mint Chocolates For A Little Flavor.....
Blend Until Liquid, I Use Water Since Milk Messes With My Stomach Especially At Bed Time....

Dont Keep Tabs On Numbers But This Easily Has:

50g Pr
800 Cal+
Lets Just Say A "shit Ton Of Carbs!"

SINISTRE'
03-14-07, 6:54 pm
This Really Is Just To Satisfy Cravings Especially If Your Comin Up On A Show Or Just Cuttin Up..

Cinnimon And Splenda (pre-mixed To Taste)

Plain Pop-corn

This Shit Is Awesome!, Keeps You Sane Too If Youre On Low Carbs...i Know, No Protein, But This Is Just A Filler, Not Meant As A Whole Meal Or For You To Eat The Whole Bag. A Handfull Will Do....

Enforcer25
03-27-07, 8:34 pm
Got this from Men's health, will make it in the next couple days.

2 eggs
1 scallion, sliced
1 medium whole-wheat tortilla
2 Tbsp shredded reduced fat Mexican blend cheese
1 Tbsp chopped cilantro
2Tbsp salsa

In a microwavable bowl, beat the eggs and scallion and nuke for 2 minutes. Spoon the eggs onto the tortilla, top with cheese, cilantro, and salsa, roll up enjoy. Makes 1

326 cal
20g protien
25g carbs
19g fat (7g Sat)
2g fiber
713mg sodium

warrior_89
05-17-07, 2:49 am
3/4 of a can of tuna (or all that'll fit) on toasted whole wheat with either one or two slices of cheese. Throw it in the microwave just lonng enough to melt the cheese and eat whats left straight outa the can or save it, whatever. Just make sure to drain the can really well before hand or your bread will get soggy.

Chicken breast cooked on a George Forman grill takes a lil over 10 minutes and is rediculously tender. Hope these work for y'all...

Spikes079
06-17-07, 2:19 pm
3 bananas well mashed,

In a bowl shirt together -
1 1/2 C. of Flour
1 1/2 tsp. of Baking Powder
1/4 tsp. of Baking Soda
1 scoop of protein (Vanilla or Chocolate)
a dash of salt

In a large mixing bowl -
3 eggs whites
the mashed bananas
3/4 C. of Equal or sweetener
3 tsp. of Cooking Oil

Stir together then mixes the bowl of dry ingrediants in, and mix until batter forms. Add in 1/2 C. of Alomonds (not neccisaery if you don't want em') and mix together. Pour in regtangular baking pan.

Pre heat oven to 350 and bake for 45-50 mins.

Taste Great and it's got all the bad shit cut out from normal banana bread.
Enjoy.

eblnyc
06-19-07, 12:42 am
i was jonzing for something sweet today so i made up a baked apple idea. cut apple in half,cut out the core,scoop out the inners in a bowl,add crushed walnuts,small amount of vanilla protien powder and brown sugar splenda, mashed all those together then scoop them back into your apple skin,throw some more brown sugar on the top and bake at 350. the brown sugar carmalizes on the top. fuck that was good. try it you might like it. you could also add cinnamon or nutmeg i will probebly do it the next time around!

T.Alan
07-13-07, 10:42 pm
I made this a couple nights ago..

I don't measure things out most of the time I cook.. I just go especially on new recipes.. so all of the measurements are approximate -

Combine in a saucepan set to low heat -

1/2 cup of milk
1/4 cup powdered baking cocoa (non sweetened)
8 packets of splenda (more if you like it sweeter - I like semi sweet chocolate)
1 tbsp cinnamon

Stir constinuously until the cocoa powder begins to mix in and mixture becomes even

Now here's the grey area..

I grabbed the natural peanut butter and heaped out what I believe to be the equivalent to about 3-4 tbsp's

I turned up the heat another notch and stirred in the pb..

The mixture should thicken up and become fudge like.

Put this in a bowl.. container w/e you prefer and let it cool in the fridge for about an hour.

Give me your feedback!

NATBB74
07-16-07, 6:25 pm
Like deviled eggs?
Try these....

Dozen LARGE hardboiled eggs.
1 lb boneless skinless chick breast
1 tsp yellow mustard
1/2 cup low fat mayo or smart balance mayo
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp chili powder
dash hot sauce of your choice
1 small can black olives

1. Boil eggs for 10-15 minutes.
2. Afer eggs are boiled drop into large bowl with ice water.
Let sit in ice water for 1/2 hour. While the eggs are cooling off........
3. Cook 1 lb chick breast on stove top in olive oil or boil.
Shred the breast by hand in small pieces when finished cooking.
4. Remove shells and cut eggs in half length wise.
Keep 4 egg yolks and discard the rest.
5. In large bowl combine the egg yolks, spices, mayo, mustard & chicken
6. Mix together well. If too dry, add some more mayo.
7. Spoon this mixture into the egg whites.
8. Put in fridge covered for about 1 hour.
9. Garnish with a few black olives on top if you have them.

RogueLion
09-13-07, 9:31 pm
I'll have to say that after lifting, cooking is my passion. I love food, feeding people and will someday own my own restaurant.

Tonight before class, I sauteed a little ginger, onion, and green pepper, all finely minced in a slight dash of olive oil. I enjoy using my wok for this. Than i'll add in 2 or 3 cans of tuna... let it come together for a few seconds, than about a cup of diced tomato and marinara sauce. I like trader joe's for this... its got maybe 3 ingrediants. Let the sauce reduce for a few minutes than serve over rice... Its delicious and fast.

I think tuna is great, fresh or canned. I work at a restaurant and my family owns a seafood business... so access to fresh fish and chicken by the ton is not a problem. The problem is balancing school, work, and lifting.

Anyways, tuna can be improved with any number of ingrediants. One I particularly like is an asian tuna salad.

In a large bowl mix together canned tuna, diced red onion, chopped cabbage, chopped cilantro, chopped scallions, chopped pear or apple if so desired for a little sweetness. On top pour a mixture of Sambal bak(chili paste) or siracha(same) low sodium soy sauce, lime or lemon juice and a table spoon of olive oil. Mix and enjoy.

If anyone would like a recipe for a specific thing please PM me. I'll be very pleased to help.

Shogun Assassin
09-19-07, 1:55 pm
What i do all the time is make burritos... i dont get why everyone out there doesnt do this. they are probably the best tasting thing ever to enter my mouth and they are amazing for you.

what you need:
+Chicken/Steak
+Onion
+Cheese
+Chipotle Taco Seasoning Packet
+2-4 Garlic Cloves
+1 Small Avocado
+Fresh Cilantro
+Rice if wanted (I usually dont except post workout).
+Chalua Hot Sauce

what i do is fire up a pan with olive oil and garlic in it then add chicken, steak, and onions cut up in smaller pieces when the pan is hot. let that shit cook and when its near done throw on a 1/3 of a packet of chipotle taco seasoning. for the burrito throw on some cheese on the bottom (to get it melted), avocado, tons of cilantro, and rice (white/brown/or none depending on when you have it). then cover all this with Chaula hot sauce and i guarentee you will fucking love it.

i basically live off of these and got in ridiculous shape by adding this to my meal arsenal. i highly recommend you guys give this a try. its so fucking easy to make and you can save the chicken/burrito mix in the fridge to snack on whenever.

Shogun Assassin
09-19-07, 2:03 pm
My wife will sometimes make this appetizer like meal before I eat my chicken and brown rice.

You will need the following:
1 Tomato
Feta Cheese
Baslamic Vinegar
Sweet Basil, or Basil

Take the tomato and slice it into thin strips. Arrange them seperately onto the plate and put about a capful of Basalmic Vinegar on each individual slice (Alot of it ends up draining off) Sprinkle each slice with a healthy dose of Basil now. After this - add a couple crumples of feta cheese to each slice. Enjoy.

I've eaten this cutting and bulking. Fantastic appetizer like thing.

this is a great meal. i do this alot except i trade out the feta cheese for fresh mozzerella cut in circular pieces and fresh basil instead of the shaking kind. to me it tastes much more fresh. also try this on a fancy whole wheat cracker... so fucking good.

Hop
11-16-07, 2:06 am
this stuff is the best! just get some chicken breast, a little bit of olive oil, a shit load of pepper, and some garlic salt. Put it in a pan and cook it. have it with some rice and vege's and your set

szxl
11-19-07, 4:48 am
Hey everyone, can somebody pls show me a simple way to cook a palatable dish of chicken breast wid brown rice ? I saw a video posted by g diesel b4 but I dun remember whr is it, thanx guys

Dingo
12-07-07, 9:29 pm
mashed sweet potatoes.
i slice them across the width, making 1 to 2 inch thick medallions, fill up a large pot (make enough for a few meals)
add a couple tbsp's olive oil, sprinkle in a couple tsp's cinnamon
fill pot with enough water to just cover the top of the potatoe slices.
DO NOT BOIL
put on medium heat until potatoes are soft.
(sometimes i will brown 2 lbs of 96/4 lean ground beef and mix with potatoes)

brown rice and beans
boiled brown rice (4 cups dry)
2.5 lbs browned 96/4 (or better) ground beef
browned with olive oil and whatever seasonings you want
1 large can black beans
1 large can kidney beans
topped off diced tomatoes

MClouser
12-10-07, 4:08 pm
This is my favorite thing to eat. I take a big can of already cooked chicken, heat it up. Put on whole wheat tortilla (the big ones) garnish with low fat shredded cheese and green salsa (my favorite salsa, got the right amount of kick), if you want more carbs, add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of brown rice, make your own grilled stuffed burrito! good post workout meal!

Shogun Assassin
12-17-07, 5:29 am
This is my favorite thing to eat. I take a big can of already cooked chicken, heat it up. Put on whole wheat tortilla (the big ones) garnish with low fat shredded cheese and green salsa (my favorite salsa, got the right amount of kick), if you want more carbs, add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of brown rice, make your own grilled stuffed burrito! good post workout meal!

dude seriously. i live off burritos. check out my post above, you should add some of the extras on it as well. sprinkle some chipotle seasoning on the meat and its a whole new world. i use the ortega packets.

SDMF8402
12-18-07, 10:43 am
Marinate chicken breasts in a solution of teriyaki sauce and pineapple juice. Add a little more or less of the pineapple juice depending on how sweet you want it. Grill chicken, then place back in a container containing a new teriyaki and pineapple juice mixture.

Whole wheat tortillas
FF sour cream
Peppers, onions - cook in skillet with some olive oil and lime juice
Salsa
FF mexican cheese

Slice chicken and place ingredients in tortilla for some killer fajitas.

HoldFast
01-05-08, 12:48 pm
Meat ( beef turkery, w/e you want ) brown in a pan
Brown Rice or Beans
pack of chili seasoning
hot sauce
after browning meat and cooking rice or beans toss all ingredients into a large bowl.
veggies are optional

walkintobattle
01-05-08, 6:18 pm
Half a Sweet Patato
1 cup of brocolli or spinach
3 egg whites
1 whole egg
Low Fat Tortilla

fry up the veggies on a skillet, add eggs, make an omlet, Stick the omlet in the tortilla, little bit of cheese to make it stick together, toast it a little on each side, and there you go.

very good start to the day. Make it bigger if your a big Animal

mustgetbig
01-19-08, 4:23 pm
im warning you that there is a chance that you could die from eating this
1lb ground beef
8 habenero peppers
1 garlic clove
1/4th cup crushed red pepper

cook beef drain the fat then cook everything all together and put on 2 tortillas make sure you have milk with you this is very very hot and also good.

houseofpain
01-29-08, 9:39 am
My dad hooked me up with this recipe for quesidillas. It is so damn good when your craving mexican. Easy to make too.

Flour tortillas
Package of chicken, package of steak (use your judgement based on your wants and needs)
Monteray Jack Cheese

Cut the chicken into bit sized peices
Throw in a pan on the stove
Add olive oil
Stir and stir to fully cook it
Repeat with steak
Throw on top of the flour tortilla
Add a good amount of cheese
Fold, and put on the george foreman until the tortilla is crispy brown.

So damn good. I'm a simple kinda guy. Enjoy

Soldier
01-30-08, 9:48 am
im warning you that there is a chance that you could die from eating this
1lb ground beef
8 habenero peppers
1 garlic clove
1/4th cup crushed red pepper

cook beef drain the fat then cook everything all together and put on 2 tortillas make sure you have milk with you this is very very hot and also good.

8 habeneros??? I almost had to go get a drink from just reading that, haha.

Simple ground turkey and veggies - Get your serving of ground turkey and throw it in a skillet coated with Pam, let it cook then add vegetables of your choice, I use green beans or broccoli.

mustgetbig
01-30-08, 11:39 am
8 habeneros??? I almost had to go get a drink from just reading that, haha.

Simple ground turkey and veggies - Get your serving of ground turkey and throw it in a skillet coated with Pam, let it cook then add vegetables of your choice, I use green beans or broccoli.

yes it is quite spicy

Toni69
01-30-08, 11:46 am
you know what..I never liked anything spicy but as I get older (God thats a scary word)..Im starting to kinda like a bit of spicy..not 8 habaneros spicy...but maybe half of one..LOL

great recipes guys. You know I have loads in the recipe section here, so feel free to add your favorite recipes to one of my threads since many members go through there as well. Just copy and paste them to some thread there if you want.

K-Dog
02-02-08, 5:44 pm
this is nothing special, but i relly enjoy eating it...

1lb ground beef
1 tin of tomatoes
chilli puree (or whatever spices you like)
2 peppers
1 clove of garlic
a big handfull of mozarella

cook off the beef, drain fat, mash up the tomatoes in the tin to make a sauce, chop peppers and crush garlic, throw it all in the pan, stir it up a treat, add more spice if needed, bish bash bosh, awesome chilli! goes well with brown rice and wholwheat pasta, hell i'd put it on sandwiches if it didn't make the bread so soggy!

peace k

1skinnyassedrunt
02-03-08, 2:09 pm
Two quick and easy recipes:

Chicken Pittas

100g of ready cooked chicken breast
2 handfulls of grated cheese (I use cheddar)
2 pitta breads
Sprinkle pittas with a little water, and microwave for 2 mins (based on 800w), they should puff up, once they have done so take them out and slice open fill each one with 50g chicken and a handful of grated cheese, microwave again for 2 and a half mins.

Enjoy!

Sweet and sour chicken

100g ready cooked chicken breast
1/2 a jar (250g) sweet and sour sauce
1 cup cooked brown rice.

pour sauce over chicken and microwave in a tupperware container for 3 mins, stir and mix rice in with sweet and sour chicken and pop back into microwave for another 2-3 mins. stir and eat.

Two quick and easy meals, you can make the pittas in advance , you dont have to microwave them a 2nd time, and though they are a bit tough to chew when they are cold I think they seem like a good alternative to a sandwich.

littlehines04
02-25-08, 10:34 am
I found this somewhere but I can't remember where. Its really simplistic though and actually tastes good.

1/3 cup oatmeal (uncooked)
1/3 cup egg beater
1/3 cup low fat cottage cheese

blend it all together and pour it on the griddle. Add anything else for flavor, I like to add ground cinnamon personally.

mdh84
03-03-08, 10:50 pm
I've been doing this one for a while because it's so easy and cheap. I wouldn't use it to cut but it's not bad at all. I start with a few pounds of ground beef(or turkey), chop it up and put it in a pan to cook. Throw in a couple of chopped onions and cloves of garlic, a few potatos, and a lot of bbq sauce and you've got a good meal. I throw in a few hot peppers for spice too. When I make it I usually have about 4 to 5 servings so I can have it for a day or 2. I don't know the exact nutrition facts, but if you don't want the sugar get rid of the bbq sauce and use hot sauce, use less potatos for less carbs, use turkey instead of beef for less fat, you get the picture.

scals
03-03-08, 11:47 pm
1 lb of pasta
1 lb ground turkey
2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar

Mix it all together and you have a great bulk meal.

mritter3
04-01-08, 8:24 am
i use only one brand of marinade for my chicken and my beef, and that is stubbs. pour a little over the chicken or beef and let it soak in for 4-5 hours and thats all you need. i will also add a little olive oil to the beef flank steak, but man that shit is so good. probally some of the cheapest and best tasting beef you can get. and for tuna well, tuna is tuna you just got suck it up, i love tuna right out of the can.

rbh84
04-03-08, 11:25 am
Breakfast recipe:

oatmeal (what ever serving you like)
dash cinnamon
dash nutmeg
SPLENDA brown sugar
3-5 pecans
raisins
1/3 cup non fat dried milk

Late night snack when you feel hungry

Blend together....
whey choclate protien shake
1 table spoon of crunchy peanut butter
1/2 cup of raw oatmeal
small bannana

This will stick to your bones...

scals
04-03-08, 2:24 pm
rice, green beans, 2 cans of tuna, 2 tbsp salsa. Sounds weird but tastes awesome.

Histo55
04-08-08, 5:47 pm
5 egg whites
cup of oats
2/3 cup of low fat cottage cheese
cinnamon
splenda
vanilla

Blend it all up and put it on a waffle iron...... top it off with sugar free syrup or sugar free fruit perservatives....m m m

MassMan
04-08-08, 6:06 pm
Tuna steak

1lb tuna
1tbsp soy sauce

put on grill and watch it sizzle... when done, eat.... really tasty althought it sounds like shit.

thedrivenone
04-12-08, 12:55 pm
Great tasting, very healthy.

1 Whole Wheat Bun- 240 cals(42g carbs)
1 Turkey Bacon slice- 35 cals(6g protein)
1 Fat Free Cheese Slices- 40 cals(3g protein)
2 Lettuce Slices- I don't know calories
7oz Lean Meat Patty-350cals(40g protein)
Total: 665 Calories(50g protein)

Grill the meat patty & turkey bacon together. Heat up the bun, and then put the patties & bacon in together(sometimes I chop the bacon up and make it into pieces) and you can melt the cheese on top, sometimes I do sometimes I don't. Taste great. And I take it to school a lot.

Jala_B
04-12-08, 1:57 pm
Here are a couple of my favorites....better for cutting/pre-contest

**Salmon w/cottage cheese:

3 oz packet Salmon
1/2 c. Lowfat/FF Cottage Cheese

MIx together with some dill parsley... 180 cal, 4 fat, 4 carb, 0 fiber, 28 protein

**Tuna "Pizza"

Wheat wrap (I use a brand called "Flat Out" Wraps...decent protein)
6 oz. can of tuna, drained
1 Tbs FF Sour Cream
Dill Relish (Hienz 57 makes an awesome one)
2 Slices FF Cheese

Mix tuna, sour cream, and relish. Spread over wrap. Tear cheese into strips and put on tuna. Mirowave for about 45 seconds. REALLY good baked though, 400 degrees for about 8-9 minutes..... 310 cal, 3.75 fat, 21 carb, 8 fiber, 44 protein

**Just a yummy treat, microwave 2 Dove Dark Chocolate with 1-2 Tbs. sugar-free jelly (. MMM...hot fudge

Here is a cake recipe to share....

1 pkg cake mix (your choice)
1 pkg either jell-o or pudding to compliment cake (SF/FF)
1 c. water
4 egg whites
3/4 c. light or ff miracle whip (Sound really disgusting, but it turns out sooo good!)

Mix cake mix with water. Add rest of ingredients, mixing after each added in. Bake in a 9"x13" cake pan @ 350 degrees for about 30-35 min. This cake is so moist, I've brought places and nobody believes it is relatively healthy. (Cut into 24 squares, each piece works out to about 100 cal, 2 fat, 19 carb, 0 fiber, 2 protein.)

tom10
04-22-08, 4:13 pm
Hey everyone, can somebody pls show me a simple way to cook a palatable dish of chicken breast wid brown rice ? I saw a video posted by g diesel b4 but I dun remember whr is it, thanx guys

I butterfly (slice through the middle sideways, so it opens like a book) a chicken breast, then add some garlic powder, steakhouse pepper, rosemary and a little cayenne. Season both sides then throw it on a George Foreman grill (or under a regular grill).

As for rice, mix some ketchup, worcestershire sauce, vinegar and lemon juice in a pan on a low-med heat. It should be like a thick gravy after a few minutes. Then just throw in your rice and some diced peppers and onion. I have my girlfriend to thank for that one!

Fe Addict
06-09-08, 3:38 pm
1 part Salsa
2 parts LF/FF Cottage Cheese

Eat with Tortilla Chips or other spoon-type edible device. Tastes great and easy to make.

DEADn
07-19-08, 3:51 pm
Lazy Man's Chili

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meat ( beef turkery, w/e you want ) brown in a pan
Brown Rice or Beans
pack of chili seasoning
hot sauce
after browning meat and cooking rice or beans toss all ingredients into a large bowl.
veggies are optional

-----------------------------------------------

Actually, I do a lazy man's chili, much lazier than the above. I just do ground turkey with a can of kidney beans. Drain the juice and when I am ready to eat it I add ketchup or mustard to it after I heat it back up.

dexz101
07-21-08, 5:38 pm
From MD, so love crab cakes and ol bay!

So I drain a large can of tuna, 1/4 onion, some celery, couple of hard boiled egg whites.
Tbls. of mayo dash the old bay seasoning on top, throw it in some whole wheat pitas.
Good protein.
Or you could DO THE HOOK UP!
TUNA, OLD BAY, MAYO, TOSS THAT IN A BOWL OF RAMEN NOODLES.
Been working for inmates for years.

thelunchbox
07-24-08, 8:28 pm
this is a great meal. i do this alot except i trade out the feta cheese for fresh mozzerella cut in circular pieces and fresh basil instead of the shaking kind. to me it tastes much more fresh. also try this on a fancy whole wheat cracker... so fucking good.

feta and mozzerella together is so good with a bit of butt rub.

DAV1D
09-27-08, 5:33 pm
This is how i do it. I cook by sight, so some of the measurements are my best estimates...

-2# ground turkey, or 1 turkey and 1 beef
-4 slices of yer favorite bread
-1 cup milk
-1 cup yer favorite salsa
-7 to 10 sweet banana peppers or peppercini, sliced
-1 cup bread crumbs
-2 eggs
-cayenne pepper, if you can handle it
-yer favorite BBQ sauce

-pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 11x7 pan

-in a mixing bowl, tear up the bread and pour the milk over it. let soak for 5 min. to soften.

-EXCEPT for the BBQ sauce, add all the other ingredients to the bowl. get yer hands in there and mix it up.

-put it in the pan, loaf style, and cook for 1 hour. During the last 15 min. of cooking, pour some of the BBQ sauce over the top.

xSwornxHardcorex
10-03-08, 8:08 pm
Dude, This thread makes me think ANIMALPAK.COM should come out with a new product: the ANIMAL cookbook. How sweet would that be? A chapter for carbs, one for protein, one for cutting and one for bulking. I think anyone serious into the diet would love that. Anyway, here's my dessert addiition.

Oatmeal protein cookies

1 1/2 cups oatmeal
some splenda
4 scoops of muscle milk, any flavor(they all rock)
1/4 cup raisins or other dried fruit
1/4 cup milk

Mix all that good stuff together, if it looks to thick and won't mix add some more milk. Set your oven to 350 degrees, plop some tablespoons on a cookie sheet and cook around 10 mins or until they look done. Sometimes they come out dry, I'm still experimenting with the recipe. I basically took it out of the lid on a quaker oatmeal container, replaced the flour with muscle milk, and made a few alterations. Give it a try if you're bulking everyone loves cookies, and cookies with GOOD carbs and delicious protein can't fail.

Works great with peanut butter chocolate muscle milk, u can even add real peanut butter for some sweetness and a bit more protien.

xSwornxHardcorex
10-03-08, 8:11 pm
When im running late or in a hurry in the morning i make a protien shake and throw the oats in, shake it up and chug... if u hate oats its a good why to take them in with out eatting them

GJN5002
10-17-08, 1:23 pm
this isnt really a recipe but I noticed lots of people hate cottage cheese. I take 1-2 cups of cottage cheese and combine it with a vup of no sugar added yogurt. I like bannana or vanilla. Mix em together and the qogurt completely masks the flavor of the cottage cheese. Solid 35-40g bedtime casein snack.

diesel1976
10-20-08, 4:21 pm
Chicken or Steak burritos ala diesel

12-16 oz of chicken breast or flank steak cut into fajita size strips
Some chopped up green onion and some chopped garlic
Jasmine rice
hot salsa or hot sauce (sriracha hot chili sauce is my fave)
burrito shells
shredded cheese of your preference

Heat up some olive oil in a pan and quick fry the meat.
When the meat is cooked add the green onion and garlic and stir fry for 45 seconds or so
Turn heat down and and some of the hot sauce and stir it in.
Heat burrito shell and cheese in microwave for 25 seconds and then spoon stir fry and and rice into shell, roll up and eat.

Its a quick, tasty way to get some calories down. I like it after my afternoon workouts because its quick easy and not very messy.

enjoy!

Josh04
11-17-08, 12:32 pm
I'm not sure where I got this idea, but I believe it was somewhere around here.

I'm usually too busy in the morning to cook a real breakfast, so I just make a burrito to go.

3x Egg Whites
1x Whole Wheat Tortillas
1 oz. Low-fat Mexican Blend or any kind of cheese

Take the eggs, and nuke them in the microwave for 1-1.5 mins. Sprinkle the cheese or slices of cheese on the tortilla, and heat that up for 20-30 secs. Put the eggs on the tortilla and add a lil' salsa. Roll up and enjoy.

Sometimes I will mix some oats in with the eggs when I'm in need of some carbs. They don't taste too bad.

widdlewade44
11-27-08, 12:43 pm
It's rolling into that time of year after today, so here's an Egg Nog Recipe that's pretty good:

Raw Egg Nog Recipe

Here is a delicious raw egg nog recipe:

4 raw free-range organic eggs
2 cups raw pasture-fed milk
1 cup raw pasture-fed cream
1/8 - 1/3 cup natural sweetener (such as: unheated honey, or rapadura)
1 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg

1) Separate eggs yolk and whites.

2) Blend egg yolks with sweetener and a touch of cream (to taste).

3) Separately blend egg whites until soft peaks are formed (whisk may
be required). Egg whites are optional. You can also make creamy egg
nog by blending the whites with a small amount of cream, this makes it
less fluffy and adds a creamy texture to it.

4) Combine everything together.

Peace,

Kevin
widdlewade44

Hammeredhead
02-26-09, 6:34 pm
Fry up 2 eggs and 2 whites, toss on a couple of slices of avocado and some salsa.

BLUILT505
02-27-09, 12:27 pm
Here is an easy one, that tastes damn good...

Bag of minute rice
12 oz. of cooked, diced chicken breast
1 can Fat Free Cream of Mushroom soup
1 can Fat Free Cream of Chicken soup

Mix in a pot and cook slowly on the range or bake in a casserole dish... Lots of carbs, kcals and protein in a tasty slop. Season with cayenne if you like it spicy. Peace, G

What's kcals? And isn't this recipe a little too much cals for guys like who want to reduce BF?

penncrew07
03-09-09, 11:55 pm
anyone know the protein pudding recipe with the gelatin? I realize it's prob really easy but i don't want to screw it up.

belladiabla13
03-13-09, 2:45 pm
Preheat oven to 400 degrees

lay foil down on a flat pan to place your fish in

use a dab of olive oil on fish to keep spices in place

sprinkle with a table spoon of lemon juice ( i use 2 because i like it)

season with dry cilantro,garlic salt and black pepper to taste

add nuts or veggies in the foil of your choice.

**cashews is awesome with this **

bake for 30-35 minutes

C.Coronato
03-13-09, 4:41 pm
^^ Nice looking Tilapia ..

This is for all you dieting BBs .. This is what i do and it comes out great.

Lean Ground Turkey
Cinnamon
Chili Powder
Garlic Powder
Italian Seasoning
Black Pepper

All is sprinkled on and seared in a saute pan on top of the stove. It crumbles nicely. I sometimes hit it with a Tomato Product as there is barely any fat in their and it moistens it up and it goes down a little easier.

Elem Entree
04-02-09, 9:05 pm
I filet a chicken breast or two and throw it on the foreman grill

in a small pan I throw 2 sliced up cloves of garlic maybe a half cup of juliened sliced sun dried tomatoes with some olive oil and heat it up on a medium heat

when the chicken is done I put I thick chunk of goat cheese on top of each filet and then cover it in the sun dried tomatoes

You can decide for yourself if it works for you but I love flavor and if I can get it without ruining my diet then I'm gonna get it.

I like to serve this with garlic mashed sweet potato or for a grain I like to use quinoa (keen-wah) it's super high in protein and works well if you cool it and add some cilantro and tomoato to it and just pour a little lime juice over it.

Soldier
05-05-09, 6:03 pm
^^ Nice looking Tilapia ..

This is for all you dieting BBs .. This is what i do and it comes out great.

Lean Ground Turkey
Cinnamon
Chili Powder
Garlic Powder
Italian Seasoning
Black Pepper

All is sprinkled on and seared in a saute pan on top of the stove. It crumbles nicely. I sometimes hit it with a Tomato Product as there is barely any fat in their and it moistens it up and it goes down a little easier.

Man, you sure know your stuff TTL

NJC_Manhattan
05-05-09, 6:28 pm
Seafood Seaweed Bake

Summer is hear and its time to eat every crustacean under the sun. I spent my summers on the cape, and the food was a plenty and massively delicious. This recipe is for those that want a challenge.

# Dig a pit on the beach/backyard/any fire pit, about two feet deep, two feet wide and three feet long.
# Line the bottom with large stones.
# Build a wood fire over the stones and keep it burning for about two hours, feeding it when necessary, to heat the rocks. Let the fire burn down to embers, about another two hours.
# While the fire is winding down, wrap potatoes, littleneck clams, corn on the cob (in husk), onion quarters, mussels, spicy sausages, chicken, lobster, muscles, whatever (you can even do steaks) by group, in cheesecloth or foil.
# Cover the coals with a thick layer of seaweed, preferably rockweed which has little pockets of sea water, but other seaweeds will work. This provides both protection from direct heat and the required steam.
# Layer the packets of potatoes, clams, corn, onion, mussels and sausage, and then live lobsters, if desired.
# Top with another couple inches of seaweed, and if you're not using rockweed, a couple of quarts of seawater for steaming.
# Cover the entire pit with a seawater-soaked canvas weighted down with either rocks or sand.
# Continue your party for another hour or two until all the foods are cooked through.

Now this above is the traditional clambake. It's some of the freshest, most flavorful food you can make...

Now the indoor version...

* 2 pounds medium new potatoes, red or white
* 4 ears corn, husked
* 2 pounds soft-shelled steamer clams, scrubbed
* 1 1/2 pounds mussels, scrubbed and beards removed
* 1 pound Spanish-style chorizo or linguiça, cut crosswise into 4 pieces (andouille or smoked kielbasa sausage can be substituted)
* 4 (1 to 1 1/4 pound) live lobsters
* 5 large eggs

For Cooking

* 4 large mesh bags (such as onions or citrus fruit come in) or 4 pouches made from several wide layers cheesecloth
* Kitchen twine
* Large pot (5 or more gallons) with tightly-fitting lid
* Rockweed (see Chef's Notes, below) or steamer rack

For Serving

* 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
* Old Bay seasoning
* 4 lemon wedges

Preparation

Place potatoes in large saucepan; cover with cold water and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook just until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain well. Cool completely, then cover and refrigerate until well chilled, at least 2 hours and up to 2 days.

Into each bag or cheesecloth pouch, put: 2 potatoes, l ear corn, 1/4 of steamers, 1/4 of mussels, 1 piece sausage, 1 lobster, and 1 egg. Gather bags or pouches together and tie closed with kitchen twine.

Fill 5-gallon pot with 1 inch of water and add 1 tablespoon salt. Add steamer rack or enough rockweed to keep clambakes elevated. Cover and bring to rolling boil.

Gently layer bags in pot. Nestle extra egg in a central position where it's easily retrievable. Cover tightly and steam 15 minutes, maintaining water at full rolling boil. Uncover pot, set aside extra egg, and gently rearrange bags from top to bottom to promote even cooking. Replace egg and re-cover pot.

Steam additional 5 minutes, then retrieve extra egg and crack open. If it's hard-cooked, clambakes are done. If egg is not yet cooked, steam bags an additional 5 to 10 minutes. (If you're unsure, untie one bag and test with another egg). When done, lobsters will be completely red. Transfer each bag to large plate and serve immediately.

To serve, divide melted butter among 4 small cups and season to taste with salt. Ladle some broth from pot into 4 small bowls. Cut open bags. Discard any steamers or mussels that have not opened and loosely arrange food on plates. Sprinkle with Old Bay seasoning. Place one cup of butter, one dish of broth, and one lemon wedge on each plate. Have bowls for shells and plenty of napkins at the ready.

Enjoy!

Thunder Chicken
05-28-09, 3:13 pm
im not sure why i did this but i took a chicken breast and cooked it on the stove in olive oil, then while that was cooking i put peanut butter in a bowl and and stuck it in the oven to get it just to melt down. then when i got down with the chicken i took out the peanut butter and put it all over the chicken, then i ate it i dont remember how much cals. and pro. was in it but it was killer.

joet1723
09-21-09, 11:47 pm
best breakfast ever

ground beef cooked w/ onions
a bunch of eggs 8 or so
and hot sauce
mix vigorously;)

MeatFreak
12-04-09, 2:31 pm
For breakfast I usually do one carton of egg whites, salsa to my taste and hand full of cheese. I eat that for breakfast every morning and sometimes lunch or dinner when im running low on red meat or fish. When that starts to get boring, I usually add turkey bacon, garlic, onions or anything else to switch it up. Usually eat with some wheat bread. takes 6 minutes tops when i get in a groove, or make it the night before if i am going to be in a hurry in the morning.

utransform
12-24-09, 3:25 pm
Try This Yummy Meal
10 to twelve Almonds
2 7oz Chicken breasts
1/2 Cup of Broccoli
1/2 Cup Bok Choy
dash paparika
dash of texas pete
2 tlbs of soy sauce
lil salt and Pepper

I eat this mid day sometimes post work out

cools
01-12-10, 9:23 pm
8oz cicken breast
2 tortillas
enchilada sauce
cup of rice
shredded cheese
salsa

cut your chicken into pieces throw into a pan when the chicken is done turn the heat on low and pour some enchilada sauce on the chicken get your tortillas throw cheese rice and chicken in the tortillas with the left over rice spread on the plate put your chicken enchiladas on top pour enchilada sauce on top with salsa and more cheese you'll fucking love it

Mulhollen1
01-13-10, 1:23 am
sounds good Bro,have to make em sometime whe i get some good chicken instead of that shitty costco bulk crap......maybe ile have ya make em for me..ha ha ha ha

Biggie973
01-13-10, 8:34 am
Ingredients:
1 whole wheat pita
6 oz. chicken breast
1/4 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
1/2 cup marinara sauce
1/4 cup mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup onions, chopped

Directions:
Grill chicken (5 minutes each side) or bake (30 minutes at 350 F.) & cut into bite-sized chunks. Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Slice into the pita & gently pull apart the opening. Fill the pocket with chicken mixture. Microwave for 45-60 seconds, or until warm. Top with a bit of sauce & some grated Parmesan cheese for a homemade hot pocket!

Nutrition Facts: Serves One
550 calories, 69g protein, 41g carbs, 12g fat, 6g fiber.

Biggie973
01-13-10, 8:35 am
Ingredients:
6 oz. chicken breast
1 cup brown rice, cooked
2 tbsp. olive or mac oil
1 tsp. chili-sesame oil
1 cup frozen stir-fry veggies
1 tsp. seasoning salt

Directions:
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown chicken in the chili-sesame & olive or mac oil. Add vegetables & cook for another 3 minutes. Add the rice & seasoning salt & stir-fry over high heat for 3-4 minutes

Nutrition Facts: Serve One
650 calories, 60g protein, 50g carbs, 27g fat, 6g fiber

Biggie973
01-13-10, 8:35 am
Ingredients:
1 large whole grain tortilla
3 tbsp. BBQ sauce
1/2 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
1 thin slice of onion
2 oz. thinly sliced, cooked chicken breast

Directions:
Lightly coat both sides of the tortilla with nonfat cooking spray. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown each side for about one minute. Remove tortilla from skillet & layer with BBQ sauce, cheese, onion & chicken. Place in microwave for 30-60 seconds or bake in the oven at 375 F for 5 minutes.

Nutrition Facts: Serves One
430 calories, 38g protein, 34g carbs, 12g fat

Tifferzzz
01-13-10, 3:47 pm
I found a company that takes cookbooks and creates an electronic version of them so that rather than having to go to the bookstore to buy it, you can just download it. I didn't want to post the site here, cuz I think it's a violation of the rules, but they have everything you can think of from gluten free recipe books, to a hundred ways to cook chicken, low carb recipes, etc. etc. Just wanted to throw that out there in case anyone's looking for something.

Acks
02-16-10, 3:16 pm
I believe he was using the eggs to keep everything together, like a glue, then once it cooled, it all kept together so you could slice it. I am guessing here. I think it would have been fine if you baked it for 10 minutes than cooled it. Its all personal taste really. If the eggs are fresh, it should not be a problem to eat raw eggwhites. I just wouldn't keep it for too long.

I put peanut butter and about 1/4 cup honey in the microwave to heat up, then stirred together to make a paste, then added the skim milk, but not as much. I lined a baking tin with foil and sprayed it with pam.

I mixed the oats with vanilla protein powder and the cinnamon. I poured the liquid over the oats and mixed together. I baked it for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Than let it cool. It was really good. You can actually do alot with this recipe to make it your own. You can add anythng to it.

Hey Toni69, I like the change you made using the honey and peanut butter and Big Jawn amazing receipe. I'm enjoying a batch right now!

Girevik 69
02-22-10, 10:47 am
Ingredients:

1 six-ounce bison steak medallion, sliced thru the middle (depth-wise) so as to produce two 3-ounce medallions that are the same length and width of the original, just half as thick (forgive my lack of proper culinary description).

Spring Mix

1 Ezekiel Sprouted Wheat hamburger bun

Brown medallions in skillet. Place on bun. Top with Spring Mix, and condiments of choice (I prefer organic ketchup and spicy brown mustard).

Enjoy.

Birdman
02-22-10, 11:46 pm
alright here it is...my favorite way to hit the chicken and brown rice
first start with 6 chicken breasts and slow cook them in a crock pot on medium to low heat. Let them cook and simmer for a few hours (makes them so tender and juicy they fall apart). Once they cooked to your desired taste and texture, proceed to hand shred the chicken. Then prepare a whole box (roughly 5-5 1/2 cups) of brown rice according to heating directions on box but use slightly more water. Once your rice is cooked, add to the pulled apart chicken and mix it up. Let simmer for a bit longer on low heat. Add salt, pepper, or whatever suites you to finish it off. This is roughly 3-4-5 days worth of food (depending on how many meals a day you have this. Its fuckin delicious and a definitely better than a lonely dry ass chicken breast lol. Enjoy!

pags
02-28-10, 1:51 pm
-Tuna
-Black olives
-Artichokes
-Red onion

Chop up the vegetables and mix with the tuna. Put in as much or as little of the vegetables as you like. That's it. I also like to add hot sauce to it (I like Frank's). And if you're not too worried about a lil extra fat, throw on some melted cheese. Eat it as is or put it between two whole wheat slices of bread.

I like this cuz I can make a lot of it and leave it in the fridge for a snack or an in between meal. I also figure when I come home after drinking too much better to have this at 3am than pizza or street meat.

jandirigma
03-11-10, 9:45 am
To make tuna or even canned pink salmon taste better, I usually add pepper with lemon zest and lemon juice. I might also throw in some lemon juice and hot sauce.

pfelder
03-12-10, 9:15 pm
i have been working with this shake post workout for a little bit and love it. seems to both fill me up, amd hit my sweet tooth.

2 scoops whey protein
1/4 cup fat free cottage cheese
1/2 cup dry oatmeal
3 tablespoons peanut butter
1 banana
1 cup milk
4-6 ice cubes (crushed)

i toss everything together and hit it with a stick blender.

its pretty amazing

pfelder
03-12-10, 9:22 pm
i came up with this a few years ago and everyone seems to love it. plus it is really easy to make.

4 boneless pork chops (any fat trimmed)
1 granny smith apple (cut into wedges)
1 onion (cut in strips)
2 tablespoons pepper ( can do to you own liking)
2 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons cinnamon.
1/4-1/2 cup favorite bbq sauce

preheat oven to 400. start by sauteing over medium heat the onions and apples in a non stick pan. cook about 8 minutes or until the onion starts to get some color. add the pepper, salt, and cinnamon; sitr to mix. next add in the pork chops. bown them on each side. coat pork chops in bbq sauce. bake pork chopsfor about 20 minutes or until done. also flip them over half way through.

enjoy

softy
03-26-10, 8:45 pm
On rest days i eat baked salmon fillets.
2 6oz. salmon fillets, wild caught.
1 tsp. Lemon Pepper.
1/2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper.
1/4 tsp. Ginger
1 tsp. Lemon juice.
Pre heat oven to 375 , mix dry ingredients, evenly coat fillets top and bottom.
Place seasoned fillets in oiled pan, bake 8 to 14 minutes.
When fish flakes after being pierced with fork its done, removed from oven.
Drizzle lemon juice over top of the fish.
I usually eat 2 cups chopped broccoli,raw and 3 cups mixed baby spinach and romaine lettuce covered in 2-3 tbsp. of Balsamic Vinagrette with this.

Levernz514
03-29-10, 4:35 pm
My yummy thing is Beer butt chicken,

You fit an half of a can of beer in the chicken butt, put like cajun spices or bbq spices whatever is your taste, then you put the hole chicken and the can on a plate into the grill. You can even make it smoke with wood pouch stuff into foil. I do enjoy the crustyness of the chiken and the low fat you get out of it. really good.

it look like that =D http://whatscookingamerica.net/Poultry/PoultryPhotos/ChickenCooked2.jpg

Everyone has good taste why their food i will try a few of your recipes, looks and sounds goodd !

Ass to Ankles
03-29-10, 7:29 pm
This is for oatmeal pancakes. They're excellent for almost any diet and taste amazing.

1 cup water (or milk if you want the additional carbs and protein)
3/4 cup oatmeal (old fashion or 1 minute)
3/4 cup oatmeal flour (put 3/4 cup of oatmeal in blender for a minute and wa-la)
2 egg whites
1 tablespoon baking powder
any desired amount of cinnamon

beat all ingredients together and fry just as you would regular pancakes.
makes approx. 4 medium sized pancakes. total time: no more than 20-25 min.

81g carbs. 31g protein (add scoop of favorite protein powder to up protein content)
Really nice for on-the-go meals, nice change from "salted wood" and "cardboard" without hurting your diet.

Funky
03-30-10, 9:20 am
When i make it i use skinless boneless chicken breast.
Take Kraft zesty Italian Dressing huge zip lock put all breasts in the bag put about half a bottle of dressing let it set up in fridge over night.
Cook it slow with a grill 30 minutes very low heat(seals in moisture)
Serve with spinach leaves and your favorite dressing!
So good no no i mean sooo good!

mritter3
03-30-10, 9:26 am
first start with 6 chicken breasts and slow cook them in a crock pot on medium to low heat. Let them cook and simmer for a few hours (makes them so tender and juicy they fall apart). Once they cooked to your desired taste and texture, proceed to hand shred the chicken. Then prepare a whole box (roughly 5-5 1/2 cups) of brown rice according to heating directions on box but use slightly more water. Once your rice is cooked, add to the pulled apart chicken and mix it up. Let simmer for a bit longer on low heat. Add salt, pepper, or whatever suites you to finish it off. This is roughly 3-4-5 days worth of food (depending on how many meals a day you have this. Its fuckin delicious and a definitely better than a lonely dry ass chicken breast lol. Enjoy!

making this today birdman....sounds damn tasty.

Birdman
03-30-10, 1:24 pm
making this today birdman....sounds damn tasty.

Oh trust me man it is lol the chicken just falls apart. If you really want flavor throw a can of onion soup in with the chicken at the beginning...damn now im hungry

Funky
04-12-10, 3:24 pm
I tried birdmans bulk chicken and rice and wow it is good and an easy way to feed yourself for days! I changed it slightly i crockpot the chicken in chicken broth and then simmer the chicken and rice together using cream of chicken soup! Gives some more calories and one hell of a taste! Thanks for the idea Birdman!!!

blueboy22
04-19-10, 11:23 am

going to give this a try tonight...

Birdman
04-19-10, 1:05 pm
I tried birdmans bulk chicken and rice and wow it is good and an easy way to feed yourself for days! I changed it slightly i crockpot the chicken in chicken broth and then simmer the chicken and rice together using cream of chicken soup! Gives some more calories and one hell of a taste! Thanks for the idea Birdman!!!
Glad you liked it bro. I usually add some onion soup to mine at the beginning, adds some great flavor.

Funky
04-19-10, 1:06 pm
I use over 6 lbs of chicken and a bag of brown rice it feeds me at work like all week!

Birdman
04-19-10, 1:10 pm
I use over 6 lbs of chicken and a bag of brown rice it feeds me at work like all week!
Hell yea! best way to do it.

Deltoid
04-26-10, 5:59 pm
Green Machine

Chicken, tortilla, cauliflower, Broccoli, carrots and cheese...Low carb, high protein... Tastes fucking great. Chicken is obviously one of the highest protein, low carb white meats around...cauliflower and broccoli are proven to fight cancer, alzheimers and some other stuff...carrots are good in vitamin C and great for your eye health and cheese hold's that shit togetha'.

kaylee
05-07-10, 6:02 am
hi all,
i m new here. glad to share ur favourite recipes.
what u ve share seems much to my interests

alexrock23
05-17-10, 2:53 am
I like smokey bean dip. Just need a small can of bean and bacon soup, 5 ounces of cheddar cheese spread, 8 ounces of sour cream. Mix it together, add hot sauce or liquid smoke flavoring if desired. Heat it for about 4 minutes in the microwave. Let cool and put in the fridge. When you get it out, if you want it warm, you heat it up again briefly in the microwave. It's excellent.

PsKloveP
05-30-10, 10:41 am
Beef and salad.

__________________________________________________ ________________

poker tables (http://www.pokernstuff.com)
how to play poker (http://www.casinator.com/learn-how-to-play-poker.php)

moreofme2kill
06-02-10, 11:00 pm
simple pork chops. kinda surprised to see how few lean pork recipes there are on here.

2 pork chops, the nice thick boneless, non fatty deals. throw them on the ol foreman grill. mix together 2 tbsp olive oil, juice from one half of a lime, black pepper in a bowl and whisk with a fork till it emulsifies, becomes cloudy, and pour it over the top of the pork chops after they have rested. works good with chicken titties as well.

B. Rowe
06-08-10, 1:02 am
Grill and slice up some chicken breast, coat in your favorite buffalo sauce.
Low carb wheat wrap, spread some buffalo sauce on it, top with reduced or fat free shredded cheese (i like cabotts 50% reduced fat cheddar), cover with chicken and drizzle low fat blue cheese dressing. Bake @ 375 on baking sheet till cheese is melted and enjoy a lil healthy cheating

B. Rowe
06-08-10, 1:08 am
slice raw sweet potato into thick cut steak fries toss in a little honey and coat with some cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Then either place tin foil and put in grill (perfect if your grilling chicken or steak with it) of place under broiler until tender

Girevik 69
06-08-10, 10:44 am
Grill and slice up some chicken breast, coat in your favorite buffalo sauce.
Low carb wheat wrap, spread some buffalo sauce on it, top with reduced or fat free shredded cheese (i like cabotts 50% reduced fat cheddar), cover with chicken and drizzle low fat blue cheese dressing. Bake @ 375 on baking sheet till cheese is melted and enjoy a lil healthy cheating

That sounds mighty good...

petervinsly
06-14-10, 3:19 am
I like to eat every chicken recipe,,Like chicken curry, Chicken salad, chicane tandoori......

Very easy to make chicken curry.. for that you can just have to do...
Make pieces of chicken breasts.
pieces until golden from both sides,
Add onion and ginger-garlic and fry it,
Add all the powders,
Add chicken broth and water .Let it boil for 2 minutes .Add chicken pieces and Cover the pan cook for approx 30 mins.

smithdsouza
06-15-10, 2:42 am
I also love to eat each variety of chicken but it must be spicy in taste because i like the spicy food. Your recipe is also easy to make recipe in a quick time. If you serve it with salad than it tastes awesome.

Funky
06-15-10, 8:18 am
I had this 16 oz rib eye last night with baby spinach and 1000 island dressing and yes it had alot of fat but it was freaking good as hell!!!!!

asleegyle
06-21-10, 9:32 am
Here is my favourite Tomato Pasta Recipe:
Ingredients which require is as below:
• 4 Diced tomatoes
• 2 Bowls of boiled pasta
• 1 Sliced onion
• 3 tbsp Grated cheese
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 2 Green chilies
• 1 tbsp Butter

Instruction:There are just 5 steps to do
1. Melt butter in a pan and fry onions for a minute.
2. Add chillies and tomatoes. Fry again for one minute.
3. Add boiled pasta, pepper and salt.
4. Cook the mixture for 2 minutes and remove in a micro safe bowl.
5. Spread grated cheese over it and microwave for 30 seconds.
6. Tomato Pasta is ready.

Lonestar
06-30-10, 11:57 pm
1 cup cottage cheese (small curd),
2 tbsp wheat germ,
add some splenda,

And BAM!!! Its like a cheese cake in a bowl!

lewis
07-02-10, 12:48 pm
Chilli Chicken recipe:

Ingredients:
First you need to cut Boneless chicke in to small cubes.
1 tablespoon tomato sauce,
1 tablespoon chili sauce,
2 tablespoons Soya sauce,
2 tablespoons vinegar
Salt to taste,
6 green chilies
4 big onions (chopped),
1 heaped tablespoon corn flour,
2 eggs,
1 teaspoon ajinamoto,
Refined cooking oil

Preparation:
Marinate the pieces with 1 tablespoon Soya sauce, 1 tablespoon vinegar, 1/2 tablespoon tomato sauce, 1/2 table spoon chili sauce and enough salt.
Beat the eggs and pour them on the chicken pieces. Add half a tablespoon corn flour and mix well the whole mixture. Allow it to stand for 2 hours.
Heat oil in a pan and fry the chicken pieces. Keep the fried pieces in a separate container. In the left over oil fry the green chilies and chopped onion slightly. Pour the excess liquid stored earlier. Stir continuously. Add the chicken pieces. Pour the rest of the sauces and a pinch of salt. Mix the 1/2 tablespoon corn flour with a little of water and pour in the pan. Add the ajinamoto. Stir well and serve hot.

jwright
07-09-10, 1:08 am
Mine best recipe that I like most is all the breakfast recipes which is the most important meal of the day. Eating a healthy breakfast allows you to feel full even hours after consuming the meal. It also gives you energy to work whole day and does not keeps you tired even in the afternoon.

Sprint
07-14-10, 9:16 pm
i just throw various pieces of dead animal into my george foreman grill. let it cook for a few seconds to sear the meat a bit, then open it up and sprinkle some chilli powder on each side. Beef's my favourite at the mo.
Tell you what's worth a go...can do this with pasta or rice, as its cooking, sprinkle some chilli powder in there, plus a little (dont need much, its very strong) cinnomen powder in with it. Gives it a much more intresting taste.

jwright
07-15-10, 11:01 pm
Mine favourite recipe is the most delicious tomato soup which is very easy to make as well as healthy. Well, live as a PG and till now I have not found a cook so, till that time I have a bread and an omelette in the breakfast which quite heavy and also gives me energy to work for the whole day. At night I have a fantastic and any delicious soup.

annyjoseph
07-18-10, 11:39 pm
Diet
Favourite recipe

My favourite recipe is Fried Rice.This recipe is very easy to cook and also time saving.For this u need 1bolw of bolied rice,butter,onions,blackpepper powder,
tomato & soya sauce.Put butter on pan,after that onions.Bake onions until it's turn of pink color.Now mix salt,blackpepper powder,tomate & soya sauce,In the
end put boiled rice.Mix all the ingredients properly.Delicious and yummy fried rice is ready to eat.Iam sure u will like it.

tonypulis0
07-21-10, 1:51 am
Garlic and smoked paprika help make the coating on this baked chicken flavorful. Serve this delicious chicken with potatoes and corn, along with biscuits, for a fabulous family dinner.

Sprint
07-21-10, 6:02 am
paprika, why didnt i think of that.

rip cd
07-26-10, 3:55 am
Having a solid list of recipes you can turn to when you get busy is important for sticking with your diet... Here are 10 easy-to-prepare, taste-bud satisfying recipes to get you started. Try them - you can't go wrong!
http://www.ripcd.org/

micheljhonson87
08-04-10, 10:36 am
My favourite food is Chinese and I like Hakka noodles very much.

2 cups Flat Noodles (also called Hakka noodles); boiled and strained
2 tsp Garlic (chopped)
3 Dried Red Chilies
1 small bunch Spring Onion
1 small Capsicum (sliced)
1/2 tsp Vinegar
1 1/2 tbsp Oil
Salt to taste

To make it do the following steps :

Cut the spring onions into 1/4" pieces.
Grind red chilies and garlic.
Heat oil in a pan, add chilly and garlic and fry for a minute.
Now add capsicum and fry till it tenders.
Put spring onion and continue frying for 2-3 minutes more.
Now add boiled and strained noodles and salt (to taste) and mix well.
Add vinegar and mix it well.
Hakka Noodles is ready to serve.

nicolajoseph1
08-05-10, 8:58 am
Strawberries are my favourite. So here I am giving the Strawberries recipe:
For this you need following Ingredients:
5-6 Large strawberries
2 cup whole milk
2 cup vanilla or strawberry ice-creams
1 cup yogurt
Now First mix blend strawberries and milk together until strawberries get totally mix in milk. After this add ice cream and yogurt
and whip for little bit.

d1sc1ple
09-16-10, 12:59 pm
For oats I'm just adding equal and cinnamon and some water and eating them raw like a bowl of cereal. For 2 of my meals I have protein powder and oats so all I'm doing there is putting the pro powder in the oats with some cinnamon and a little water to make it cake together and eating it raw. I use vanilla powder so it takes on the cinnamon flavor and it is pretty good.

I prefer to just get the sugar free instant oats (apple cinnamon is my favorite) and I blend the oats dry then add my fluids and protein powder to make a nice shake. I pretend it's an apple pie shake :)

McDonalds
10-06-10, 2:54 am
Some of this stuff sounds too good to be true. Compared to some of these recipes, the way I cook is too simple. The farthest I've ever gone with a recipe was redhot marinated chicken.

I personally really want to try to suggested French Toast.

Keep these babies coming.
Word. This is my advanced recipe though (4 ingredients):

I do have one recipe that i do love, the idea came from Evan Centopani's off season diet video, where i noticed he baked his yams in small slices.

Sweet potatoes
Favorite seasoning
Salt & pepper
Macademia nut oil (or olive oil)

Cut the potatoes in thin slices and distribute them over a pan, add seasoning, salt, pepper and oil to the pieces and put in the oven for about 20 min on high heat.

Great to combine with white fish, chicken, turkey or other low tasting proteins.

They do taste alot, and they do not weigh alot, so if you want alot of carbs from the sweet potatoes i suggest to go easy on the spices.

Udele
10-30-10, 2:27 am
Thanks for sharing your recipies.I will try the one's i like the most. And my favorite recipe is Roasting chicken.
Stuff cavity with lemon slices, whole garlic,small onion cut in half, fresh rosemary, thyme or sage (or all three), and stuff inside and under skin.
You can either take a small amount of canola oil and rub in your hands (like a tsp or less) and rub all over outside of chicken or spray pam in your hands and rub all over outside of chicken. Season with salt and pepper, place in a roasting pan with high edges.
Take a can of fat free/low sodium chicken broth and pour half can in bottom of pan. Put chicken in oven and roast at 400 degrees for 20 minutes than turn down heat to 350 and roast an hour more for a large chicken. You may need to add more chicken broth in pan..so do so..you can add some white wine too.
Cut into thigh to make sure your done otherwise put in oven for another 10 minutes.After that the recipe is ready to eat.

AllSymetry77
11-30-10, 4:59 pm
yes you heard me right i eat french toast just about every morning whether i am bulking or i am cutting! how does this work? let me tell ya

get your self some low glycemic bread ( whole grain, jewish rye)
whip your self up some egg whites, throw some cinamin powder and splenda, whip it up some more
throw some pam in an egg pan
soak your bread in the egg mix
cook them suckers until they are as done as you like
throw some sugar free syrup on there and enjoy, hell you can even make some for your girl and she well love it!

make sure to make some scrambled eggs along with these to get the sufficiant amount of proein you need

4 peices of neumanns french toast contains about 200 calories, no fat, 50 grams of slow digesting carbs, and about 30 grams of protein (i usually make eggs on the side to take my protein total up to 40)

daphnesy
12-03-10, 12:52 am
This is a meat free pasta meal. This quite a specific combination of artichokes with lemon and chilli may not be to taste for all. If you like sharp tastes this will be just the thing for you. The recipe is quick made in dome 20-25 minutes, yields 4 servings.
ingredients:

2 lemons (medium)

375g dried spaghetti pasta (thin)

50g unsalted butter

4 slices of white bread

3 cloves of garlic

1 brown onion (medium)

2 long red chili peppers

2 x 400g cans of artichoke hearts

0.25 cup of finely chopped flat-leaf fresh parsley leaves

Note: remove crusts and finely chop the bread, crush the garlic cloves, thinly chop the onion, deseed and finely slice the chilies, drain the artichoke cans and quarter the hearts. Of course you may use one or less chilli if 2 will be extremely spicy for you. And you may use mint instead of parsley and oil from the artichoke cans instead of butter if you wish.

Instructions:

Finely grate 1 lemon zest, squeeze the both lemons as you will need the juice. Place a large saucepan with water over high heat. When brought to boil, add salt and spaghetti. In a few minutes when the pasta is tender drain the water leaving 1/3 cup of the liquid. Use sieve to drain.

Put half of the unsalted batter in a frying pan and place over a medium heat allowing butter to melt. Add garlic and bread crumbs, stir to coat and when frying. You may add some salt if you like. Fry for round 4 minutes until bread golden-brown and crisp. When done, transfer the flavored bread crumbs to a bowl.

Put the second half of the butter on the frying pan and allow melting. Then, add chilli and onion; stir well and leave to fry till softened for some 3 minutes. You may also add some salt if you like. When done transfer the spicy onion to the saucepan with pasta. Add lemon juice, ground lemon zest, the liquid reserved from pasta, artichoke, half of the flavored crisp bread and parsley. If you wish you may drop several prawns in. Stir and toss to combine, put aside for a while. When serving spoon on plates and top with the remaining crisp bread crumbs.

Light meal but very good trust me:)

ethannjoness
12-06-10, 12:30 pm
This easy tuna salad is delicious as a sandwich filling or scoop it onto lettuce leaves for a light summer lunch salad.This recipe is good for health. This delicious tuna pie is made with tuna, homemade creamy sauce, mixed vegetables, seasoning, and pastry. For chicken Make cuts in the chicken pieces. Rub in the yogurt and the coriander paste all over. Mix in the onion rings and allow to marinate for an hour in a tightly covered heavy-bottomed pan. Cook covered tightly on medium level for about 12 minute(s) or till the chicken is almost cooked.

gollumcaprio
12-07-10, 6:38 pm
My favourite receipe is american pie.hee are ingrediants:
4 cups plain yogurt
sliced blueberries and adding sugar extra foe sweetness and bunch of strawberries also.
top with granola.

it is easy to cook and have high nutrition.Bone appetite..!!

xman
02-01-11, 11:57 am
My favorite by far is 1 cup of oats ... SOAKED in ice cold water... and 3 packets of stevia,,, i have a. Suugar addiction and this shit tastes like ice cream :)

AllSymetry77
02-04-11, 9:11 pm
My favorite by far is 1 cup of oats ... SOAKED in ice cold water... and 3 packets of stevia,,, i have a. Suugar addiction and this shit tastes like ice cream :)

Can u enlighten me on what Stevia is?

dinengurth
02-05-11, 1:33 am
alternative sweetener derived from the leaves of the stevia plant, like splenda but naturally occuring

Lonestar
02-11-11, 9:17 am
Chicken ( any part )
Tomato sauce
Diced tomatoes
Onions
Mushrooms
Basil
Salt & pepper
Garlic

Put it in a crockpot on high for about eight-ten hours (overnight). Cook up some brown rice and there you have it my friends. Delicious, cheap, and enough for a few days of tasty eating. Im eatin some right now as I write this haha.

bye-byetubby
02-18-11, 10:03 am
1 lemon for 3 tablespoons juice and 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
1 finely chopped jalapeno, AFTER you seed it.
2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
2 tablespoons Oregano
2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 teaspoon Salt

Whisk above ingredients in a 9x13 glass baking dish.

Sweet Bell pepper....you can use 1 large, color of your choice (yellow, orange, or red) I used 3 small ones, one of each color, seeded and thinly sliced
1/2 onion, can be sweet or red, (I use red onion) thinly sliced.
1 pound, or more if you like, of chicken strips or boneless breasts cut into strips (what I do)

Preheat oven to 425, add in Chicken strips, Bell Pepper, and Onion.
Toss to coat with flavor.
Bake for 25-30 minutes and enjoy the shit out of it.

P.S.....If anyone makes this, PM me a review please.

bye-byetubby
02-18-11, 10:19 am
2 lbs Flounder
1 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Pepper
1 Tbsp Paprika
1/2 cup melted butter
2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
2 Tbsp grated onion (I use red)

Place fish in a well greased baking dish.
Combine remaining ingredients in bowl and pour over fish. You can flip them to get it all covered in needed.
Bake at 350 for 20-25 mins.

Sides can be up to you. I usually go wiht some type of veggie or rice.

PM reviews...

bye-byetubby
02-18-11, 10:24 am
1 Lb Tilapia
1 Tbsp finely chopped garlic
1 Tbsp melted butter
3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1 Tbsp Parsely

Rinse and pat the fish dry with paper towel.

Set fish if foil with edges turned up to contain fluids. Or you can completely wrap the fish in the foil to contain flavors.

Add lemon juice, butter, parsely, and garlic, pepper to taste if wanted.

Back for 30 minutes on 375.....

PM reviews.....

boosy boo
04-26-11, 11:22 pm
I'm not a big bread/wraps fan, but i really wanted something different to my egg white omellete and veggies. so made a yummo "wrap' for lunch...

8 egg whites mixed with a heaped teaspoon of lupin flour, cook as a crepe in a large pan then set aside to cool

Chop of a variety of your fave veggies - like lettuce, cucumber, capsicum, tomato, onions, etc..... (you could add anything really - suagr snaps, celery, carrot, etc... dependant on what you like)

Spread some low-fat cottage cheese over the cooled crepe (can have low fat ricotta or low fat Philly spread if thats what you prefer). Alternatively "butter" with low fat sour cream

Pile along the middle all your veggies - for more flavour top with salsa if you so desire, or if you need fats at this meal, sprinkle with your chosen crushed nuts

Fold sides over, and DESTROY!!!

I find it tasty, filling and realtively guilt free :)

boosy boo
04-26-11, 11:26 pm
Ok, one thing i have missed whilst dieting is pancakes... so heres what i sometimes have as a replacement.

50grams Wheat Bran
20grams Flaxseed meal
Art sweetener and Cinnamon - as desired
4 egg whites
1 -2 scoops protein powder of choice

Mix all together well. Add water or skim milk to get to desired consistency

Cook as per normal and top with sugar free maple syrup for a nice added touch (or else low joule jam)

Sooooooo goooooood. Low cal, high fibre, high protein....... get it in ya guts!!!

Onslaught
04-27-11, 3:19 am
I had to reconcile date night with my girlfriend with something that was high in protein and lower in carbohydrate content.

I came up with an essential stir-fry you can add to rice, noodles, pasta, or heap on top of itself like I do.

It's a long one, bear with me:

Ingredients:

1-1.5 pounds of Chicken/Beef/(even pork if you're feeling deviant, make two batches, serve friends/spouses the pork version, it's fattier and has a very up-and-up flavor).
1/4 cup of water
2 Cups Bok Choy (Chinese Cabbage, leafy green essentially)
1 Cup Diced Carrots
1 Cup Celery
1 cup of green/red/yellow bell pepper
1 Cup White Onion
1 cup of Scallions
1 tablespoon of Garlic
1 tablespoon of Ginger
3 tablespoons of soy sauce (light soy is a reasonable substitute)
1 teaspoon of black pepper
2 teaspoons of crushed red pepper
2 tablespoons of canola oil (it's a higher heat, olive oil will smoke and burn, it's just unfortunate)

Slice the meat thin, you want very thin, uniform slices, this will cook really quickly, it takes a bit of prep, but the actual cook time is less than 20 minutes as long as your pan is hot enough, and isn't thin so it keeps heat as you add ingredients.

Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large skillet (wok preferred - big enough to fit the finished product) over high heat. (It should shimmer and dance before you add anything to it, just shy of smoking really.)

Add the onions, celery and carrots first, cook turning and tossing constantly, don't let it sit, for 4-5 minutes, the onions will start to become translucent.

After this, add the bok choy and bell peppers and cook for another minute. Add the water and cover for another two minutes.

The bok choy is cooked - now it's go time - it is a sprint from here.

Put the cooked veggies into another container, a bowl or something, they'll go back to the pan in a bit.

Add the remaining oil to the screaming hot pan and add the chicken. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes, they're cut thin so they will cook very quickly.

Return the veggies to the pan when your meat is cooked through - add the garlic, ginger, black and red pepper, and soy sauce. Stir fry the large bunch o'food and make sure that flavor is incorporating thoroughly, it should take a minute or so.

Add the scallions last (greens and whites). Stir that around, serve in a bowl with rice, noodles, or whatever you choose.

I'm sure if you're entertaining or are surprising someone with dinner, they'll like it. You will too.

Onslaught
04-27-11, 3:26 am
I was looking for a condiment low in sugar but high in healthy fats.

A modified version of ginger-scallion sauce was that thing:

This makes quite a bit, it lasts for a day or two, I use it in my usual dishes to add a splash of flavor and olive oil's health benefits.

1 cup of thinly sliced scallions
1/4 cup of minced ginger
1/8 cup of extra virgin olive oil
A little over a half a teaspoon of soy sauce or a teaspoon of salt (if you're using iodized table salt use 1/2 of the amount)
1/2 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar

Mix it together and let it sit in the fridge, covered, for about 15-20 minutes. It lasts about 3 days in the fridge. It never does for me, if it's not me, it's family that attacks it.

stanzione
05-17-11, 12:07 pm
in the offseason i figured this one out at my college dorm..

Make your oatmeal with 1/3 extra water, mix in choc protein powder (when hot itll dissolve easy with only stirring) and then with the spoon your gunna eat it with, scoop a big scoop of penut butter and use it to continue mixing the hot oat/whey mixture, and once again when warm the penut butter will dissolve and mix easily into the other two..

its like a bowl of reeses penutbutter cups mashed up and chunky..

See i did learn something at college!

C.Coronato
08-30-11, 2:36 pm
in the offseason i figured this one out at my college dorm..

Make your oatmeal with 1/3 extra water, mix in choc protein powder (when hot itll dissolve easy with only stirring) and then with the spoon your gunna eat it with, scoop a big scoop of penut butter and use it to continue mixing the hot oat/whey mixture, and once again when warm the penut butter will dissolve and mix easily into the other two..

its like a bowl of reeses penutbutter cups mashed up and chunky..

See i did learn something at college!

Sounds damn good Joe!

Madcat
01-28-13, 11:27 am
This is how i do it. I cook by sight, so some of the measurements are my best estimates...

-2# ground turkey, or 1 turkey and 1 beef
-4 slices of yer favorite bread
-1 cup milk
-1 cup yer favorite salsa
-7 to 10 sweet banana peppers or peppercini, sliced
-1 cup bread crumbs
-2 eggs
-cayenne pepper, if you can handle it
-yer favorite BBQ sauce

-pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 11x7 pan

-in a mixing bowl, tear up the bread and pour the milk over it. let soak for 5 min. to soften.

-EXCEPT for the BBQ sauce, add all the other ingredients to the bowl. get yer hands in there and mix it up.

-put it in the pan, loaf style, and cook for 1 hour. During the last 15 min. of cooking, pour some of the BBQ sauce over the top.

I want to rep this out, I swapped out the meat to 93/7 beef, and ground up deer, peppers with jalapeno's and this is legit. I also top with ketchup instead of BBQ, or both. Either way, this is slamming. And in the end really healthy, using it as 1 of my 3 meals at work, makes about 8-10 servings.

hard01foru
03-07-13, 7:51 pm
one day i was looking for a way to spruce up my dull and very routine shake and i thought about how apple juice is a base in many smoothies. Add basic flavors like vanilla,strawberry,etc to apple juice or a complimentary fruit juice and blend in some nonfat yogurt, tastes great and adds calories and protein. Use weight gainer if your gaining or just potein for status que. if you experiment with different yogurt flavors than i'm sure you find one that you'll love. I've never drank water and protein afterwards .

skibasgym
03-30-13, 4:02 pm
Does this cookie mixture get hard if you let it cool?

RaisingTheBar
06-07-13, 1:59 pm
Felt like switching up my normal chicken routine, and this meal was super easy to prep, a nutrient powerhouse, and damn good tasting.

2 lbs chicken breasts

1 Medium Butternut Squash

3 cups water, or chicken broth

Bunch of Kale (quantity depends on your taste)

Taco Seasoning

Small lemon

Course Salt & Pepper

Olive Oil

1/2 an onion

1) Preheat oven to 425
2) Prep Food: Skin and cut up squash and dice onions.
3) Add onions, chicken, squash, kale, salt, pepper, and olive oil to a rimmed oven pan
4) Cook for 30 minutes, or until chicken and squash is fully cooked
5) Remove chicken to a cooling plate, and throw the rest of the cooking pan into a medium pot with 3 cans of water or chicken broth.
6) Put pot on simmer, and use a potato masher or wooden spoon to mash up squash as see fit.
7) Break up chicken, add to soup.
8) Eat!

anonymous_burn
06-25-13, 3:59 pm
One of my current favorites is chicken thighs in a Filipino adobo, done in a slow cooker.

3-4 lbs Chicken thighs (skin and bone on or off, doesn't matter. Once they're done the skin comes right off and the bones fall out)
1-2 cups white vinegar
1-2 cups soy sauce
as many garlic cloves as you can stand, smashed
black peppercorns

Combine in a slow cooker; the amount of liquid will depend on how many thighs you have, you want enough to cover the whole thing. Set to high for 3 hours, enjoy. If you're feeling frisky you can take the liquid from the slow cooker once it's done and reduce it down in a saucepot to make a sauce for the chicken, but that's going to depend on how you're feeling about sodium at the time. I usually eat it without and it's delicious.

GruntCorps
08-26-13, 8:56 pm
One cup oats
Scoop or two of Protein (chocolate is better)
Spoon of peanut butter
1 banana

Delicious!

BoyNamedSue
09-25-13, 10:13 am
Hey Everyone! Ive been a chef for almost 15 years, my mom is a vegan, my dad is a diabetic, my fiance studied Sports & Exercise Science, and I hate to cook. Im a big fan of one pot meals, or meals that cook themselves while I enjoy the comforts of my couch. Im going to try and post recipes for all of us that have long days, are tired of cooking full meals, and who are tired of dry chicken and plain broccoli.

One of my personal Favorites!

1 Lb Stew Beef (or pork, or any cut of beef, really, even chicken, turkey)
1 can Cream of Mushroom, chicken, celery. (Again, any...even the fat free)
1-2 cup Mushrooms, onions, celery....not cauliflower or broccoli...use your head

Place into pot or my favorite a slow cooker on low (or high....seriously Im making this stuff idiot proof) and cook until the meat is tender (eat it...is it chewy? Cook some more, does it fall part? Its done)

This is a great meal for low carb diets and low fat diets. Stew beef and/or poultry have very little fat and the can of soup is low in carbs. For a bulking diet eat everything and serve over Cous Cous, rice, steamed sweet potato, pasta, again...imagination.

iamthemacattack
09-27-13, 5:55 am
I'm currently making huge pots of chili which will do me for a few days.

2 pounds of lean steak mince, 2 onions, a bulb of garlic (for me maybe less for others), 2 red chilis with seeds, baked beans, butter beans, kidney beans.

Finely dice the onions and garlic and brown in a hot pan with olive oil. Then add the mince and chilli (fine diced) and cook until browned.

I then add some worcester sauce and a little English mustard powder and simmer for 15 mins. Then add the cans of beans (you can use any beans or pulse really) Once added the beans turn the heat down low, and whatever sauces or flavours you want and just simmer away.

I usually add some tomato puree, a bit of Tommy K and some BBQ sauce.. and some Scotch Bonnet hot sauce for a bit of kick.

Eat with rice or sweet potatos. Boom. Calorific goodness.

skibasgym
10-29-15, 10:15 pm

Are you using raw or cooked oatmeal? I put oatmeal and peanut butter in my cooked oatmeal. I've never eaten the raw oats.