PDA

View Full Version : i am now 100% convinced bodybuilding has saved my life, money, & lots more

futurefreak101
08-16-09, 3:52 am
its 342 am.
i used to have a drinking problem..and stupidly enough used to drive drunk all the time..sure i had my fair share of accidents with that..but since i started bodybuilding seeing me drink or seeing me out would be a rare fuking occasion let me tell you.

tonight i was getting annoyed since i have not gone out in quite some time and people were bugging me to come hang out at some local spot and have some drinks..so me..like the stupid fuck i am..drive MY car there..first wrong move.

so i see everyone (there all fucking shocked to see me and how big i am) couple beers here..couple there it added up..
so the night wraps up..and i make another stupid fucking choice..but this time im not in the right mindset..and i drive home drunk.
anyway to make a long story short..i got real fucking ballsy...reall fucking ballsy..jesus man i dont know what the fuck i was thinking..i blow a red light into oncoming traffic..as i blow the light i notice headlight coming straight towards me like a fucking t bone..i fucking swerved my car like there was no tommorow..i had avoided it..this guy was going atleast 80 mph..and i drive some little honda civic...
as i drive home bodybuilding comes into play
and i think all of all the loneliness
all the training
the diet
everything
and how it kept me away from these stupid fucking decesions.
listen guys i know this story may sound a bit pussy like..but im not lying here..this shit could of been serious...i missed getting hit by a couple of feet...so you know what..for now on ill stick to my game plan if some1 fucking calls me and say nah thanks man i got eating resting and training all week because who knows..those words might have saved my fucking life.

futurefreak101
08-16-09, 4:00 am
i know im not the best at telling stories..but this shit literally just happened and i wanted to share it with you guys because it made me realize a few things.

karthik
08-16-09, 4:08 am
its 342 am.
i used to have a drinking problem..and stupidly enough used to drive drunk all the time..sure i had my fair share of accidents with that..but since i started bodybuilding seeing me drink or seeing me out would be a rare fuking occasion let me tell you.

tonight i was getting annoyed since i have not gone out in quite some time and people were bugging me to come hang out at some local spot and have some drinks..so me..like the stupid fuck i am..drive MY car there..first wrong move.

so i see everyone (there all fucking shocked to see me and how big i am) couple beers here..couple there it added up..
so the night wraps up..and i make another stupid fucking choice..but this time im not in the right mindset..and i drive home drunk.
anyway to make a long story short..i got real fucking ballsy...reall fucking ballsy..jesus man i dont know what the fuck i was thinking..i blow a red light into oncoming traffic..as i blow the light i notice headlight coming straight towards me like a fucking t bone..i fucking swerved my car like there was no tommorow..i had avoided it..this guy was going atleast 80 mph..and i drive some little honda civic...
as i drive home bodybuilding comes into play
and i think all of all the loneliness
all the training
the diet
everything
and how it kept me away from these stupid fucking decesions.
listen guys i know this story may sound a bit pussy like..but im not lying here..this shit could of been serious...i missed getting hit by a couple of feet...so you know what..for now on ill stick to my game plan if some1 fucking calls me and say nah thanks man i got eating resting and training all week because who knows..those words might have saved my fucking life.

of course bodybuilding did that, that is no secret, Eugene Sandow knew that in the early 1900's. Not to mention, Paul Anderson, Doug Hepburn, ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER, and the like. Any time you work hard, you feel good, you don't ever feel bad, you achieve the highest in life,
Also I must drill in people, one very important thing I learned in life, and that is "DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE." I learned this important secret from my best friend, someone may act like they are a great player, or have internet videos of them with all kinds of women, doing R-rated stuff, but you don't know what goes on behind closed doors, 100% of the time those type of people are spending all their money on their extra fun, and getting dead broke, with over 5000 $ in overdraft or bad credit, or even worse wind up in jail, or paying ridiculous amounts of money in child support because they were with someone who liked to fool around.

I felt it was very important I mention this, because I hear all the time from people who are serious about Bodybuilding, how their associates or friends, who look out of shape, and unattractive, always rub in their face about how they can get more girls even though they don't look good, etc. etc. THEY ARE LYING THROUGH THEIR TEETH! I can tell you from experience, I laugh at these type of people because, I always see them down the road suffer from the consequences, get extremely out of shape, are in bad health, are dead broke, and owe a lot of money in bad credit.

IS THIS THE LIFE PEOPLE WHO ARE SERIOUS IN BODYBUILDING WANT TO LIVE? I hope not because if something sounds to good to be true it probably is 99.9% of the time.

futurefreak101
08-16-09, 4:13 am
of course bodybuilding did that, that is no secret, Eugene Sandow knew that in the early 1900's. Not to mention, Paul Anderson, Doug Hepburn, ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER, and the like. Any time you work hard, you feel good, you don't ever feel bad, you achieve the highest in life,
Also I must drill in people, one very important thing I learned in life, and that is "DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE." I learned this important secret from my best friend, someone may act like they are a great player, or have internet videos of them with all kinds of women, doing R-rated stuff, but you don't know what goes on behind closed doors, 100% of the time those type of people are spending all their money on their extra fun, and getting dead broke, with over 5000 $ in overdraft or bad credit, or even worse wind up in jail, or paying ridiculous amounts of money in child support because they were with someone who liked to fool around.

I felt it was very important I mention this, because I hear all the time from people who are serious about Bodybuilding, how their associates or friends, who look out of shape, and unattractive, always rub in their face about how they can get more girls even though they don't look good, etc. etc. THEY ARE LYING THROUGH THEIR TEETH! I can tell you from experience, I laugh at these type of people because, I always see them down the road suffer from the consequences, get extremely out of shape, are in bad health, are dead broke, and owe a lot of money in bad credit.

IS THIS THE LIFE PEOPLE WHO ARE SERIOUS IN BODYBUILDING WANT TO LIVE? I hope not because if something sounds to good to be true it probably is 99.9% of the time.

i dont know man...i am very serious with this shit.
i had to go out and have some beers though...its been a couple months..
ive had my fair share of BAD shit..actually really bad shit happen before i started bodybuilding..but since i started bodybuilding...everything..just felt great..sure..im more of a loner..but i dont give a fuck..i love every waking moment of that shit...tonight and what happened just put shit deep into perspective.

BryanSmash!
08-16-09, 8:12 am
ive had my fair share of BAD shit..actually really bad shit happen before i started bodybuilding..but since i started bodybuilding...everything..just felt great..sure..im more of a loner..but i dont give a fuck..i love every waking moment of that shit...tonight and what happened just put shit deep into perspective.

It's good you have things in perspective here's my thoughts:
If you're not competitive, it's okay to go out and get shit faced every once in a while, BUT:
1- Take a cab or get a ride with a buddy.
2- You've already identified the problem, so put your car keys on a different key ring and just leave them the house before you go.
3- Most importantly, if you think you won't be able to drive home, use your fucking brain, stop, and DON'T drive.
If you think you think have some inner demons now, how do think you're going to feel if you kill somebody?

andrewT
08-16-09, 8:38 am
just know your limit bro

if you know you have a problem, make sure one of your buddies can "keep an eye on you" so you don't get out of hand.

I don't drink, because I don't like how alcohol tastes. I have also seen it ruin many peoples lives, but on the other hand you can drink socially, and there is not problem with that. Just don't fuck around with it!

mcbeast
08-16-09, 11:29 am
Glad to know your safe kid. Close calls, and sometimes experiencing traumatizing events brings us back to reality of who and what we are, and why we do what we do. Know your limit, be safe.

belladiabla13
08-16-09, 11:36 am

You surely find out who your friends are or who they are not when you stop going out and drinking and partying. My friends started giving me the "YOU THINK YOUR BETTE THAN US" bs line because IF I go out, I drink water. Its because being a better you, makes them feel bad about who they are. Keep your head up and your eye on your goals. You will find better friends in the long run.

futurefreak101
08-16-09, 1:11 pm
You surely find out who your friends are or who they are not when you stop going out and drinking and partying. My friends started giving me the "YOU THINK YOUR BETTE THAN US" bs line because IF I go out, I drink water. Its because being a better you, makes them feel bad about who they are. Keep your head up and your eye on your goals. You will find better friends in the long run.

well yea..ive known these kids for a long time..but everytime we hang out it revolves around drinking...that was the old me.

i know this is not that big of a deal but this is where people are coming off a highway..and there going fast especially at like 3 am the guy was going atleast 80..and i just blew the light..but i had no idea he was coming...
but yea....the point is...what if i didnt start bodybuilding?
who knows how many stupid choices i would of made all those times?
what if i wasnt so lucky and i did get hit?
what if i killed some innocent people? i would be in jail for the rest of my life maybe..
so many possibilities....
maybe i would of died..very possible
maybe i would of been crippled my whole life..
what if ...
good thing im saying what if and not this happened to me...
i dunno guys..im just saying drinking and partying just isnt all its cracked up to be...do what you love and you will be rewarded..i know thats what ill be doing from now on.

belladiabla13
08-16-09, 1:55 pm
well yea..ive known these kids for a long time..but everytime we hang out it revolves around drinking...that was the old me.

i know this is not that big of a deal but this is where people are coming off a highway..and there going fast especially at like 3 am the guy was going atleast 80..and i just blew the light..but i had no idea he was coming...
but yea....the point is...what if i didnt start bodybuilding?
who knows how many stupid choices i would of made all those times?
what if i wasnt so lucky and i did get hit?
what if i killed some innocent people? i would be in jail for the rest of my life maybe..
so many possibilities....
maybe i would of died..very possible
maybe i would of been crippled my whole life..
what if ...
good thing im saying what if and not this happened to me...
i dunno guys..im just saying drinking and partying just isnt all its cracked up to be...do what you love and you will be rewarded..i know thats what ill be doing from now on.

My only sibling was killed one day before he turned 18 when he was hit by a drunk driver. My hats off to you for making the change.

t_mh
08-16-09, 2:07 pm
That's horrible, bella. Freak, if you can stick with your decision to not fuck around-- congratulations. People like bella should be a living testament to why you can't afford to drink and drive. Congrats on finding some direction, man.

InkdMuscle
08-17-09, 2:57 pm

I agree with B. Your true friends will support you no matter what. They may bust ur balls a lil but in the end will say "no worries bro have a great workout". no one who pushes u to do something u dont want to do is not a friend. u have a passion now for bodybuilding. so take it to the full extent and ur potential and kick ass bro. im glad ur eyes were opened for your sake.

futurefreak101
08-17-09, 9:50 pm
I agree with B. Your true friends will support you no matter what. They may bust ur balls a lil but in the end will say "no worries bro have a great workout". no one who pushes u to do something u dont want to do is not a friend. u have a passion now for bodybuilding. so take it to the full extent and ur potential and kick ass bro. im glad ur eyes were opened for your sake.

yea man..i had a passion for bodybuilding for awhile...i remember watching baywatch as a kid and thinking fuck those dudes are jacked LOL..i was like i want to be like them..but anyway..i cut going out quite some time ago..but sometimes it just gets to me...and i need to go release and have some drinks..but i made some stupid ass moves...doesnt matter though...it helped me learn a few things...but yea i dont need that shit fuck it.

Firefist
08-17-09, 10:00 pm
damn, dude thats scary shit. its good to know you got your priorities straight. Id hate to see dudes with potential like you getting killed due to making poor decisions. Keep up the hard work, and yes, all you said is sooooooo true. i get flak all the time when i go out to parties, drink diet cranberry juice, and always am the first to leave. But hey, thats the way it goes, and i wouldnt change anything about it. i love what i do. i love the new habits that i have, i love how i dont spend money on natty and cheap vodka like most my peers do. I like eating sweet potatoes and grilled chicken. I even like throwing up after a good back day sometimes. Its just so gratifying to me, because i know everything I do makes me better physically and as a person. bodybuilding teaches patience, persistence, diligence and dedication like no other sport/activity/lifestyle.

futurefreak101
08-17-09, 10:05 pm
damn, dude thats scary shit. its good to know you got your priorities straight. Id hate to see dudes with potential like you getting killed due to making poor decisions. Keep up the hard work, and yes, all you said is sooooooo true. i get flak all the time when i go out to parties, drink diet cranberry juice, and always am the first to leave. But hey, thats the way it goes, and i wouldnt change anything about it. i love what i do. i love the new habits that i have, i love how i dont spend money on natty and cheap vodka like most my peers do. I like eating sweet potatoes and grilled chicken. I even like throwing up after a good back day sometimes. Its just so gratifying to me, because i know everything I do makes me better physically and as a person. bodybuilding teaches patience, persistence, diligence and dedication like no other sport/activity/lifestyle.

i know man.
even though it is more of a "loner" lifestyle i fucking love it.
what could i be missing out on?
binge drinking?
most of the people who binge drink just do it to fill an empty inside..i would know i used to do it all the time..i felt great when i was drunk off my ass..everyone loved me..i was the life of the party..but you wake up the next morning and eventually your just like ok? what was the point of that..im down like 100 dollars..i feel like shit...and you just waste your day away...so yea fuck it..btw my back hurts..i deadlifted on friday and today and i fucked it up lulz.

willah
08-18-09, 12:07 am
Shit gets real in a heartbeat sometimes. Understand what you want your life to be, and take that into account in every decision you make from here on out. Best of luck, brother.

InkdMuscle
08-18-09, 12:17 am
yea man..i had a passion for bodybuilding for awhile...i remember watching baywatch as a kid and thinking fuck those dudes are jacked LOL..i was like i want to be like them..but anyway..i cut going out quite some time ago..but sometimes it just gets to me...and i need to go release and have some drinks..but i made some stupid ass moves...doesnt matter though...it helped me learn a few things...but yea i dont need that shit fuck it.

just stay focused bro and visualize your end result. and when u are making ur body healthier then ever all the drinks and outtings u past up will be well worth it.