PDA

View Full Version : Help with new schedule

Achilles
08-17-09, 3:58 pm
whats up guys, Ive been missing my training because of my new Job . . I work 12hr night shifts in a gigantic commercial airplane hanger, I work 3 nights one week and 4 the next. Adjusting to working nights is killing my days and really messing up my schedule. I need to get back on it but everything is out of wack . . I always have sunday through tuesday off . . working wednesday night starting at 6p, and working every other saturday starting from 6p til 7:00a on sunday morning . . So if you guys have some ideas on how I can eat, lift and still work this job im ready to hear them . .

IRBS
08-17-09, 4:25 pm
whats up guys, Ive been missing my training because of my new Job . . I work 12hr night shifts in a gigantic commercial airplane hanger, I work 3 nights one week and 4 the next. Adjusting to working nights is killing my days and really messing up my schedule. I need to get back on it but everything is out of wack . . I always have sunday through tuesday off . . working wednesday night starting at 6p, and working every other saturday starting from 6p til 7:00a on sunday morning . . So if you guys have some ideas on how I can eat, lift and still work this job im ready to hear them . .

I would split my days into upper and lower. Here is how I would do it:

Sunday: OFF
Monday: UPPER
Tuesday: LOWER
Wednesday: OFF
Thursday: UPPER
Friday: OFF
Saturday: LOWER

If you want to train 3 days per week (more recovery time, more free time) this is how I would do it:

Sunday: OFF
Monday: UPPER
Tuesday: OFF
Wednesday: LOWER
Thursday: OFF
Friday: UPPER
Saturday: OFF
Sunday: LOWER
Monday: OFF
Tuesday: UPPER
Wednesday: OFF
Thursday: LOWER
Friday: OFF
Saturday: UPPER

Etc.

Basically, just be creative. Remember, if you arent recovering from lack of sleep, then it will only hurt you in the gym. I would advise no more than 4 training days per week, especially until you are used to the rotation you are on.

jon_carter13
08-17-09, 6:25 pm
Prep your meals the night before. Know exactly what you need in order to maintain you nutrition goals. Since it sounds like you work nights, chances are the only places open to eat are fast food, which you want to stay clear of. Since you work in an Airplane hanger is it possible to get some weights in there? Some of the Air Force guys here do that. That way during your lunch break or free time you can bust out some reps just to stay in the groove. Just my .02