PDA

View Full Version : A Poundstone Warning Message??

J A Y
08-18-09, 12:24 pm
dont think i need to say much more other than watch and discuss!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAUJcU_Mqk8

fenix237
08-18-09, 12:32 pm
what a fucking beast! i can't believe he rests 750lbs on his knees on that last rep! OUCH!!!

Chase "BIG COUNTRY" Browning
08-18-09, 12:37 pm
Big future for Poundstone.

noend
08-18-09, 1:54 pm
Guy is a beast

Young&Hungry
08-18-09, 9:22 pm
No one is beating Derek this year. WSM does not have the format that suits Zydrunas Savickas and I think Pudz's banner years are over. I see Brian Shaw and Travis Ortmayer in the top 5 as well, with one of them making the podium.

J A Y
08-20-09, 3:50 pm
agree with everybody, he is an absolute monster of a human being and like YaH said... got to be this years winner!

J A Y
08-21-09, 7:29 am
another recent update hes put on facebook here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k8kVoVtaE4

should be him pulling a dump truck!

karthik
01-20-10, 8:54 am
agree with everybody, he is an absolute monster of a human being and like YaH said... got to be this years winner!

fan groupies, beware, Zydrunas Savickas, will never lose his eye of the tiger, Advantage: He doesn't have to deal with b.s. politics in his native land of Lithuania.

Only thing Derek Poundstone is going to win is the Internet Workout Forum awards, but strongman ain't bodybuilding, you gotta win the events to be a champion, I don't care if Poundstone has the fan groupies online on forums, or is sponsored by Met-rx, syntha 5 billion or whatever other supplement company that comes out these days,

Fuck his so called Warning messages, Zydrunas doesn't have internet access, or knowledge of how Workout forums operate, therefore choosing to spend his time training in his compound and breaking world records and he is extremely "humble", Poundstone needs to be real to himself, look himself in the mirror and tell no one else about how he will "supposedly" beat Zydrunas, all these so called threats are nothing but a joke because they are so lame.

do this first then say whatever, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3O4rjD5_eA

karthik
01-20-10, 8:58 am
No one is beating Derek this year. WSM does not have the format that suits Zydrunas Savickas and I think Pudz's banner years are over. I see Brian Shaw and Travis Ortmayer in the top 5 as well, with one of them making the podium.

zydrunas as usual killed the competition and everyone else and all other competitors, they can talk all day and night long at the forums all they want to, Zydrunas doesn't even know the Internet or Workout Forums even exist, therefore chooses to break world records instead, oops I guess Jedi Mind Tricks don't work on this guy do they?

Being humble really pays off in today's world of so called MARKETING SKILLS, and other B.S.
cause when it comes to pure raw strength to this day no one can hold a candle to Paul Anderson or Doug Hepburn.

mritter3
01-20-10, 9:40 am
that man is a pure beast for sure....crazy last rep.

NickW
01-20-10, 9:55 am
zydrunas as usual killed the competition and everyone else and all other competitors, they can talk all day and night long at the forums all they want to, Zydrunas doesn't even know the Internet or Workout Forums even exist, therefore chooses to break world records instead, oops I guess Jedi Mind Tricks don't work on this guy do they?

Being humble really pays off in today's world of so called MARKETING SKILLS, and other B.S.
cause when it comes to pure raw strength to this day no one can hold a candle to Paul Anderson or Doug Hepburn.

I am pretty sure Zydrunas has internet access, but either way it would have no bearing on his success or lack of it. You can only train for so many hours each day before it becomes counter productive. Zydrunas' life is training for strongman, that is all he has to do. He has also had a lot more time in the sport than Poundstone, so he knows the little tricks for each event.

Humility has nothing to do with success (although I wish it did), just look at any of today's professional football or basketball players and you will see that. Todays athletes are doing thing Anderson and Hepburn never even thought possible! Plus, a lot of Anderson's odd lifts and crazy squats were never verified and according to very good sources, pure myth.

Pounstone is a freakish athlete who will one day be worlds strongest man, all that the 09' WSM comp did was motivate him to work harder for next year. Derek will dominate at the Arnold again this year I am sure, and comeback to the WSM with a vegence!

live2lift
01-20-10, 12:39 pm
What a fucking monster! I love seeing feats of strength like that.

bassmonkey16
01-20-10, 1:06 pm
do this first then say whatever, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3O4rjD5_eA

If I'm not mistaken, that's a Universal shirt he's wearing! fuck yeah!

toobigfred
01-20-10, 1:19 pm
Only 2 words came to mind...damn......fuck.........

He is a beast, definitly a contender for sure, top 3 at worst.

GJN5002
01-20-10, 2:23 pm
I think poundstone is a great competitor but Zydrunas looks pretty unstoppable. Not to mention, brian shaw being right there in contention.

GregK
01-22-10, 1:01 am
Brian Shaw is looking like he'll be a champion some day... when he first debuted he had this natural powerful physique and seemed like a novice to the sport, looks like now he's really trained with some vets or has taught himself. My favorite is still Mariusz Pudzianowski, because i'm polish, but also because i think he is a great strongman not only from his physique and his athleticism which was historic in the sport of strongman, but also his character and his showmanship.. He seems like a cool guy, down to earth. He's also very dedicated to his craft, i'd love to see him write a book about training or make a training DVD that's instructional. HE seems to have a good knowledge of not just strongman training but athletic training and martial arts. Derek Poundstone is cool, he actually lives not too far from me, never met him though. He's look extremely massive, but in good conditioning.. he just has to watch that he doesn't turn into a Hugo Girard who can press 400 for reps, but has no stamina during medleys or truck pulls.

karthik
01-25-10, 8:18 am
I am pretty sure Zydrunas has internet access, but either way it would have no bearing on his success or lack of it. You can only train for so many hours each day before it becomes counter productive. Zydrunas' life is training for strongman, that is all he has to do. He has also had a lot more time in the sport than Poundstone, so he knows the little tricks for each event.

Humility has nothing to do with success (although I wish it did), just look at any of today's professional football or basketball players and you will see that. Todays athletes are doing thing Anderson and Hepburn never even thought possible! Plus, a lot of Anderson's odd lifts and crazy squats were never verified and according to very good sources, pure myth.

Pounstone is a freakish athlete who will one day be worlds strongest man, all that the 09' WSM comp did was motivate him to work harder for next year. Derek will dominate at the Arnold again this year I am sure, and comeback to the WSM with a vegence!

and that's where you are wrong, it is a myth to think these paper tigers of today are so much better than athletes who are founding fathers, what you wrote was very anti AnimalPak like, One of the articles i remember reading was " I am sick and tired of these new armchair critics who trash the training and dieting idealogies of the past, and then push some new sugar colored water like its the best thing ever."

your arrogance prevents you from acknowledging Paul Anderson's greatness, well anyway talk is boring and waste of time, i'd like to see these roid raging suped up supplement sponsored maniacs press a 300 pound dumbbell overhead as easily as Paul Anderson does who is all natural by the way cause juice didn't exist in his time, and no additional supplements either!,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kny0jxHszX0

What has happened to my beloved AnimalPak Forums, you guys used to praise the humble hardworking warrior, Machine where you at man, I liked when people like you and John Defendis would write articles that say it like it is, i can't believe people like you believe and support the hype machine, that's why thank god, Zydrunas is still world champ and will be world champ for a long time.

karthik
01-25-10, 8:35 am

WHAT THE HELL? you must be locked up in a cave mentality, damn man, you are so passionate that Poundstone is going to win the worlds strongest man, what are you trying to do, kidnap Savickas and put a gun to his head to make him lose, Number # 1 rule in life is there are no rules, I don't care if Poundstone has more fan groupies online than Savickas, or if he deadlifts 2000 pounds in the gym, since when did Strongman or any sport in the iron game, turn into a media circus show? this ain't the WWE, it still is a REAL COMPETITION, not a staged scripted show, Savickas will only lose if he wants to, why should he? He is humble, the president of Lithuania shook his hand, and put a olive wreath on his shoulders as soon as he came of the plane from the Arnold Classic to his native land of Lithuania, and is the most popular and respected sportsman in his country, equivalent to Michael Jordan in the U.S.

What ticks me off, is that as much as AnimalPak Articles support great athletes and write 10-15 page articles about being a warrior, having battle scars, being humble, etc. here you have a man Zydrunas Savickas who is the epitome, and the ultimate prototype of what the articles are about, but people show extremely unfair bias towards him just because he isn't from America, and is from Lithuania. That doesn't make any sense at all, why should some people show jealousy or anger towards Savickas or wish that he lose just because he is not from America, all athletes deserve the same amount of respect regardless of where they come from, and so far no one has been as consistent or as dominant as Savickas has, and therefore i'm gonna say he is the best right now, because i am basing it ON PURE FACTS AND EVIDENCE, not hearsay based on some great lift in the gym.

Also you are saying none of Paul Anderson's or Doug Hepburn's videos are verified and are myths, hahaha, whatever and santa claus can jump over the empire state building, just because you are conceited and are very biased and show no facts whatsoever to support your points, your opinion is worth nothing and is automatically irrelevant, because there are many videos on Youtube, that show PHYSICAL PROOF that say otherwise such as this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8DY5-J6I6c

NickW
01-25-10, 9:38 am

WHAT THE HELL? you must be locked up in a cave mentality, d, Number # 1 rule in life is there are no rules, I don't care if Poundstone has more fan groupies online than Savickas, or if he deadlifts 2000 pounds in the gym, since when did Strongman or any sport in the iron game, turn into a media circus show? this ain't the WWE, it still is a REAL COMPETITION, not a staged scripted show, Savickas will only lose if he wants to, why should he? He is humble, the president of Lithuania shook his hand, and put a olive wreath on his shoulders as soon as he came of the plane from the Arnold Classic to his native land of Lithuania, and is the most popular and respected sportsman in his country, equivalent to Michael Jordan in the U.S.

What ticks me off, is that as much as AnimalPak Articles support great athletes and write 10-15 page articles about being a warrior, having battle scars, being humble, etc. here you have a man Zydrunas Savickas who is the epitome, and the ultimate prototype of what the articles are about, but people show extremely unfair bias towards him just because he isn't from America, and is from Lithuania. That doesn't make any sense at all, why should some people show jealousy or anger towards Savickas or wish that he lose just because he is not from America, all athletes deserve the same amount of respect regardless of where they come from, and so far no one has been as consistent or as dominant as Savickas has, and therefore i'm gonna say he is the best right now, because i am basing it ON PURE FACTS AND EVIDENCE, not hearsay based on some great lift in the gym.

Also you are saying none of Paul Anderson's or Doug Hepburn's videos are verified and are myths, hahaha, whatever and santa claus can jump over the empire state building, just because you are conceited and are very biased and show no facts whatsoever to support your points, your opinion is worth nothing and is automatically irrelevant, because there are many videos on Youtube, that show PHYSICAL PROOF that say otherwise such as this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8DY5-J6I6c

All I am saying is that Poundstone had an off year, and the WSM comps are more suited towards his athletic abilities. Zydrunas is the STRONGEST man in the world right now, and has been for a long damn time, but WSM is more of a speed and strength competition. That is the reason he has never won the competition before 09', despite the fact he has always been the strongest man physically. I don't care where Zydrunas is from, I just like seeing heavy shit being lifted!

As for Anderson's lifts that I say are myths, I am talking about his 1200lb squats and other lifts that are talked about but never seen. I have heard from very good sources, that some of Anderson's plates were fake also. I got this info from someone who was a WSM champion and used Anderson's plate in a exhibition lift where he supposedly did a 900lb deadlift but said it was more like 700lbs. Also, whats a 435lb clean and press supposed to show me? Yes its strong, but in todays world of olympic lifting its not all that great.

karthik
01-27-10, 4:46 am
All I am saying is that Poundstone had an off year, and the WSM comps are more suited towards his athletic abilities. Zydrunas is the STRONGEST man in the world right now, and has been for a long damn time, but WSM is more of a speed and strength competition. That is the reason he has never won the competition before 09', despite the fact he has always been the strongest man physically. I don't care where Zydrunas is from, I just like seeing heavy shit being lifted!

As for Anderson's lifts that I say are myths, I am talking about his 1200lb squats and other lifts that are talked about but never seen. I have heard from very good sources, that some of Anderson's plates were fake also. I got this info from someone who was a WSM champion and used Anderson's plate in a exhibition lift where he supposedly did a 900lb deadlift but said it was more like 700lbs. Also, whats a 435lb clean and press supposed to show me? Yes its strong, but in todays world of olympic lifting its not all that great.

did you not see the video where he pressed a 300 pound dumbbell twice easily, if you didn't see that i can reupload it,

also i remember going on a powerlifting website in 2003, a while back where it showed a video of Paul Anderson squatting 900 pounds for 8 reps with just a belt on.

NickW
01-27-10, 12:07 pm
did you not see the video where he pressed a 300 pound dumbbell twice easily, if you didn't see that i can reupload it,

also i remember going on a powerlifting website in 2003, a while back where it showed a video of Paul Anderson squatting 900 pounds for 8 reps with just a belt on.

The DB thing is INCREDIBLY impressive, but I am sure it could be repeated by many of todays top SM if they trained for it.

I have never seen the video of him repping 900lbs, but again, I have been told from a reliable source that Anderson used fake plates for some of his exhibition lifts (as did many of the strongmen who put on shows back in the day).

Anderson was a freak of nature, decades before his time in terms of strength, but I do think he has been surpassed.

karthik
10-23-10, 9:00 am
The DB thing is INCREDIBLY impressive, but I am sure it could be repeated by many of todays top SM if they trained for it.

I have never seen the video of him repping 900lbs, but again, I have been told from a reliable source that Anderson used fake plates for some of his exhibition lifts (as did many of the strongmen who put on shows back in the day).

Anderson was a freak of nature, decades before his time in terms of strength, but I do think he has been surpassed.

i don't want to turn this thread into a bashing nature, cause now i am really busy with things, but I hardly believe Paul Anderson used fake weight plates, his legs are freaking gigantic, EVEN BIGGER THAN RONNIE COLEMAN, i can often look at someone and tell if they are telling the truth about their lifts or if they are full of it, paul anderson was only 5'9 and a half, yet weighed 335 pounds of muscle with fat no doubt but his leverages were tremendous. having huge stocky legs, calves and very thick joints and a big belly, he had the ideal build for huge squats, and he had great back development also, which is very important to hold the barbell, his legs became springs which can easily allow him to squat 900 lbs for 8 reps, just like AnimalPAK WEBSITE SAID WHEN IT FIRST STARTED! BEFORE THE FORUM STUFF in 2000, "DON"T TRASH THE OLD SCHOOL."

LegendKillerJosh
07-07-11, 6:44 pm
I don't believe at all that dumbell weighed 300 pounds, that is outrageous.