PDA

View Full Version : Max-OT Question

braves561
08-19-09, 1:32 am
I read through the manual and the thing on the site.

I started a Max-OT earlier this week. I picked the program out of the back of the book that was under the "Other Routines" section.

Now, I was re-reading the .pdf over and in the back it has the 6 month program it wants people to use. Now should I drop the routine I am using now, and follow the six month program in the book, or can I just continue the routine I am on now and switch in 4 weeks?

sideburnz
08-19-09, 1:41 am
I read through the manual and the thing on the site.

I started a Max-OT earlier this week. I picked the program out of the back of the book that was under the "Other Routines" section.

Now, I was re-reading the .pdf over and in the back it has the 6 month program it wants people to use. Now should I drop the routine I am using now, and follow the six month program in the book, or can I just continue the routine I am on now and switch in 4 weeks?

kindly show us your new and old program.

braves561
08-19-09, 1:43 am
kindly show us your new and old program.

Current one that I started already:

Monday - Chest & Triceps
Chest:

Flat Bench?.3 sets 4-6 reps (After warm-up)
Incline Dumbbell Press?.2 sets 4-6 reps
Weighted Dips....1 set 4-6 reps
Triceps:

Lying Tricep Extensions?.3 sets 4-6 reps
Cable Pushdowns?.2 set 4-6 reps

Tuesday - Legs
Legs:

Squats?.3 sets 4-6 reps (After warm-up)
Leg Press?.2 sets 4-6 reps
Lunges?.1 set 4-6 reps
Stiff Leg Deadlifts?.2 sets 4-6 reps

Wednesday - Back & Biceps
Back:

Pull-ups?.50 reps (How ever many sets to complete)

Barbell Rows?.2 sets 4-6 reps
Pull-downs (To the front)?.1 set 4-6 reps
Seated Cable Rows?.1 set 4-6 reps
"V"-Bar Pull-downs?.1 set 4-6 reps
Biceps:

Straight Bar Curls?.2 sets 4-6 reps (After warm-up)
Standing Dumbbell Curls?.2 sets 4-6 reps

Thursday -Shoulders & Traps
Shoulders:

Seated Dumbbell Press....3 sets 4-6 reps (After warm-up)
Side Lateral Dumbbell Raises....3 sets 4-6 reps
Rear Lateral Dumbbell Raises....2 sets 4-6 reps
Traps:

Barbell Shrugs?.2 sets 4-6 reps (After weight acclimation)

Friday - Abs, Calves, & Forearms
Abs:

Cable Crunches?.2 sets 8-12 reps (After warm-up)
Weighted Leg Raises?.2 sets 8-12 reps
Weighted Crunches?.2 sets 8-12 reps
Calves:

Standing Calf Raises (Off Smith Machine)?.2 sets (After warm-up)
Seated Calf Raises?.2 sets 4-6 reps
Forearms:

Barbell Wrist Curls?.2 sets 6-8 reps (After weight acclimation)
Reverse Wrist Curls?.2 sets 6-8 reps

then there's a huge 6 month program in the back of the book that outlines every 4 weeks what the lifter should be switching to

sideburnz
08-19-09, 2:05 am
Current one that I started already:

Monday - Chest & Triceps
Chest:

Flat Bench?.3 sets 4-6 reps (After warm-up)
Incline Dumbbell Press?.2 sets 4-6 reps
Weighted Dips....1 set 4-6 reps
Triceps:

Lying Tricep Extensions?.3 sets 4-6 reps
Cable Pushdowns?.2 set 4-6 reps

Tuesday - Legs
Legs:

Squats?.3 sets 4-6 reps (After warm-up)
Leg Press?.2 sets 4-6 reps
Lunges?.1 set 4-6 reps
Stiff Leg Deadlifts?.2 sets 4-6 reps

Wednesday - Back & Biceps
Back:

Pull-ups?.50 reps (How ever many sets to complete)

Barbell Rows?.2 sets 4-6 reps
Pull-downs (To the front)?.1 set 4-6 reps
Seated Cable Rows?.1 set 4-6 reps
"V"-Bar Pull-downs?.1 set 4-6 reps
Biceps:

Straight Bar Curls?.2 sets 4-6 reps (After warm-up)
Standing Dumbbell Curls?.2 sets 4-6 reps

Thursday -Shoulders & Traps
Shoulders:

Seated Dumbbell Press....3 sets 4-6 reps (After warm-up)
Side Lateral Dumbbell Raises....3 sets 4-6 reps
Rear Lateral Dumbbell Raises....2 sets 4-6 reps
Traps:

Barbell Shrugs?.2 sets 4-6 reps (After weight acclimation)

Friday - Abs, Calves, & Forearms
Abs:

Cable Crunches?.2 sets 8-12 reps (After warm-up)
Weighted Leg Raises?.2 sets 8-12 reps
Weighted Crunches?.2 sets 8-12 reps
Calves:

Standing Calf Raises (Off Smith Machine)?.2 sets (After warm-up)
Seated Calf Raises?.2 sets 4-6 reps
Forearms:

Barbell Wrist Curls?.2 sets 6-8 reps (After weight acclimation)
Reverse Wrist Curls?.2 sets 6-8 reps

then there's a huge 6 month program in the back of the book that outlines every 4 weeks what the lifter should be switching to

Bro i personally i believe if you've been lifting for more than 6 months, you are doing a little less for your workouts. For your chest you could do more by adding some isolation movements , do at least 2sets of dips instead of 1. Triceps look fine. Back day is seriously lagging bro, the pull ups are fine,increase the sets for pulldowns,cable rows & v-bar pulldowns to at least 3sets each.& you forgot your Deadlifts.Biceps are fine. For delts you could maybe add a set to the presses and 1 more to the rear delts. Lastly, i totally think Friday is a waste of time. You could do abs anytime of the week, at least twice per week. You could slot calves into leg day and into shoulder day. As for forearm, you could insert them to anyday(maybe back/bicep day). So this means that you could have a rest day in between the week and do shoulder on friday.

sideburnz
08-19-09, 2:07 am
Don't switch your regiment in a haste. Give it at least 2 months. See how it goes. Then if you feel you need a change , then do it bro.

braves561
08-19-09, 2:27 am
Bro i personally i believe if you've been lifting for more than 6 months, you are doing a little less for your workouts. For your chest you could do more by adding some isolation movements , do at least 2sets of dips instead of 1. Triceps look fine. Back day is seriously lagging bro, the pull ups are fine,increase the sets for pulldowns,cable rows & v-bar pulldowns to at least 3sets each.& you forgot your Deadlifts.Biceps are fine. For delts you could maybe add a set to the presses and 1 more to the rear delts. Lastly, i totally think Friday is a waste of time. You could do abs anytime of the week, at least twice per week. You could slot calves into leg day and into shoulder day. As for forearm, you could insert them to anyday(maybe back/bicep day). So this means that you could have a rest day in between the week and do shoulder on friday.

It's Max-OT........ those sets are the "WORKING sets". Read into the program.

MrMonday
08-19-09, 10:08 am
Why do you need a program to tell you how to lift?

dyskee
08-19-09, 5:25 pm
Why do you need a program to tell you how to lift?

some people myself included need organized workouts from people who know how to put workouts , call it ocd but i just can't show at the gym and workout instinctively i feel like shit.

sideburnz
08-19-09, 10:04 pm
some people myself included need organized workouts from people who know how to put workouts , call it ocd but i just can't show at the gym and workout instinctively i feel like shit.

but you don't have to follow the exact workout. just check out as many workout regiments, then mix & take what you need to your capabilities & fix a new workout for yourself.

MrMonday
08-20-09, 8:44 am

I'd suggest you figure out why that is.

I don't know of a single successful bodybuilder that regularly follows someone else's program, and if you don't have an intimate understanding of your own body and what works best to make it grow, then I don't believe you're going to make as much progress.

BobbyB11
08-20-09, 1:23 pm
Max-OT is a decent program for a beginning bodybuilder, or advanced. It helped Jeff Willet to a win at the USA's or Nationals a few years ago. It would be especially useful for those people who feel that they overtrain easily. It can be switched around to incorporate deads, and different lifts but does not cater to isolation exercises.