PDA

View Full Version : injured, anyone know what it may be?

andrewT
08-20-09, 7:46 pm
For a while I felt a nagging pain in my right side (the same area where you get cramps sometimes). I finally stopped lifting (haven't for 2 weeks and feel small and BORED and ANGRY) but I am still eating healthy, just less. I have lost some weight and size, unfrtunately.

This pain happens whenever I bend to the side. It starts in my lower right side, to my right obliques right where my hip bone is and down to right glute. It feels real tight. I don't know what I did, but my chiropractor says if it doesn't go away by next weeks end to get x-rayed.
How long should I wait guys? I know it is up to how I feel, but what things would you use to evaluate? should I just go arms and calves and light stuff in those areas?

I am dying to work out and start eating big and lifting big again!

JBlackapple
08-20-09, 9:57 pm
I know how it feels to be out of commission...my lower back has been iffy for over a month now and I finally went to see the doc today, got X-rays and the doctor showed me that my colon was swollen causing pressure in my lower back and cyatic(?spelling) nerve. Weird thing is I was also like you (andrewT) thinking that I didn't do anything wrong, I didn't lift for over a month now...just a heads up to NOT take your digestive track for granted as I have...I didn't think that was the problem but surprise

Just take some time off and get checked by your doc....better safe than sorry... 2 weeks is nothing!

SHIT happens but you have to take care of yourself first

andrewT
08-21-09, 2:09 pm
ya I was thining of going to the doc

I have IBS too. Maybe something in my digestive tract is messed as well?

I was thinking of getting x rays because it is not getting ANY better

Muscleguy93
08-21-09, 4:20 pm
Bro, take EAA nitro and you wont get any smaller or weaker. there was a study, they took a few BBers and put them in beds for 28 days in two groups... the group with eaa nitro perseved there mass and were totally 100% but the other group lost 1 pound of muscle.

as for the pain... idk there could be dozens of diffrent things. i say just go to the doc and get that x-ray as soon as you can instead of waiting. then if its a minor injruy just wait it out and you'll have peace of mind, but if its bad, you can get it fixed up as soon as u can.

andrewT
08-22-09, 7:25 pm
Bro, take EAA nitro and you wont get any smaller or weaker. there was a study, they took a few BBers and put them in beds for 28 days in two groups... the group with eaa nitro perseved there mass and were totally 100% but the other group lost 1 pound of muscle.

as for the pain... idk there could be dozens of diffrent things. i say just go to the doc and get that x-ray as soon as you can instead of waiting. then if its a minor injruy just wait it out and you'll have peace of mind, but if its bad, you can get it fixed up as soon as u can.

Im going for x rays monday

will pick up some aminos for sure

andrewT
08-29-09, 4:45 pm
well it has been 3 weeks now that I haven't lifted weights

I don't even want to weigh myself but I am shrinking like mad! I am getting better, slowly but surely. I am afraid to do any excercises. I got x-rays and I have a major muscle spasm/pull in my back and abdominals. It is so bad that it is pushing on my intestines and making me constipated. I am still eating high protein to keep muscle from wasting away.

I cannot afford EAA's right now.
Ah well, I guess everyone goes through this. I am dyinggggggg to lift, but I want it to heal properly rather than reopen an unhealed problem. Hopefully muscle memory works nicely once I start to bulk again!

I was hoping to hit an Ontario ABC, but that won't be happening since I can't lift....

JBlackapple
09-03-09, 12:36 am
Thats what the doc told me too...I WAS constipated and the enlarged colon put pressure on my cyatic nerve and was causing back pain....prescribed some muscle relaxants and Ibuprofen...and told me to buy a FIBER supplement NATURAL...which reminded me that sometimes we may overlook this very VITAL element to keep things moving....been two weeks taking the FIBER and feel better....if you have an Irratable bowels maybe this could help you too....worth a try

andrewT
09-03-09, 10:38 am
Thats what the doc told me too...I WAS constipated and the enlarged colon put pressure on my cyatic nerve and was causing back pain....prescribed some muscle relaxants and Ibuprofen...and told me to buy a FIBER supplement NATURAL...which reminded me that sometimes we may overlook this very VITAL element to keep things moving....been two weeks taking the FIBER and feel better....if you have an Irratable bowels maybe this could help you too....worth a try

wow that sounds exactly like me!

I am going to start downing the metamucil!

JBlackapple
09-06-09, 9:49 pm
Forgot to mention that my doctor recommended me NOT TO USE METAMUCIL because its very heavyly processed and isn't that good....
since fiber basically just aids digestion and regulates flow a colon cleansing product does the same and is made up of natural ingredients
I bought one from a Natural food store,(Health store "tienda Naturista") called FIBRA CANA and am also taking a colon cleansing product and both are sold at Walgreens and after 3 weeks taking them..now more like 5 ...it has made a huge difference...

I have however changed my diet drastically cause I have to eat smaller portions to ease digestion

feel better man

andrewT
09-23-09, 11:42 am
well I am still out

you don't know how much it is killing me! I am just DYING to lift a loaded bar off the ground!

anyways, it has not really gotten better if at all. I went to my real doctor yesterday and he put me on Celebrex. That shit is pretty intense and I have heard alot of bad stories about it but I am taking the risk. He says it should make it go away but we will see. My Chiro said even though it isn't his place to recommend it that he wouldn't take it (he is a friend as well as chiro) but I am taking the risk!

I feel so small and useless and inactive! UGH! I just cannot wait to lift and EAT!
I also found out I probably have low test levels..bummer

I was hoping to be back lifting by october 1st but it doesn't feel like that right now. I just trying to stay positive!

JRunez
10-02-09, 12:09 am
get well so you can train hard!

andrewT
10-02-09, 2:28 pm
get well so you can train hard!

I think you edited your initial post but my doc said I don't need an MRI. I am on celebrex and he said when I finish it we will see. I am very frsutrated right now. I feel like walking into a hospital and demanding an MRI!

Also even if I got one the waiting list would be very long as what I have is not serious at all compared to what some people waiting on one are getting it for.

TigerAce01
10-02-09, 4:01 pm
well I am still out

you don't know how much it is killing me! I am just DYING to lift a loaded bar off the ground!

anyways, it has not really gotten better if at all. I went to my real doctor yesterday and he put me on Celebrex. That shit is pretty intense and I have heard alot of bad stories about it but I am taking the risk. He says it should make it go away but we will see. My Chiro said even though it isn't his place to recommend it that he wouldn't take it (he is a friend as well as chiro) but I am taking the risk!

I feel so small and useless and inactive! UGH! I just cannot wait to lift and EAT!
I also found out I probably have low test levels..bummer

I was hoping to be back lifting by october 1st but it doesn't feel like that right now. I just trying to stay positive!

I've used Celebrex in the past with good results. Just do what your doctor says.

-Ace

JRunez
10-03-09, 8:40 pm
i spoke to my grandmother shes a doctor and she had told me to advise you to see an UROLOGIST they specalize in the urinary system, i would be careful using the celebrex prescription :Celebrex, cause an increased risk of serious gastrointestinal adverse events including bleeding, ulceration, and perforation of the stomach or intestines, which can be fatal. my grandma advised me to tell you if your pain gets worse or if you feel any of these symptoms, i.e Flank pain or back pain Severe abdominal pain, Fever Higher than 102 degrees Fahrenheit Persists for more than 2 days, Chills with shaking, Warm skin Flushed or reddened skin, Moist skin,Vomiting, nausea Fatigue, General ill feeling, Painful urination, Increased urinary frequency or urgency Need to urinate at night, Cloudy or abnormal urine color, Blood in the urine Foul or strong urine odor, Mental changes or confusion * go to the ER
i hope you dont experiance any of this but just incase.. better to be safe than sorry

andrewT
10-04-09, 10:33 am
i spoke to my grandmother shes a doctor and she had told me to advise you to see an UROLOGIST they specalize in the urinary system, i would be careful using the celebrex prescription :Celebrex, cause an increased risk of serious gastrointestinal adverse events including bleeding, ulceration, and perforation of the stomach or intestines, which can be fatal. my grandma advised me to tell you if your pain gets worse or if you feel any of these symptoms, i.e Flank pain or back pain Severe abdominal pain, Fever Higher than 102 degrees Fahrenheit Persists for more than 2 days, Chills with shaking, Warm skin Flushed or reddened skin, Moist skin,Vomiting, nausea Fatigue, General ill feeling, Painful urination, Increased urinary frequency or urgency Need to urinate at night, Cloudy or abnormal urine color, Blood in the urine Foul or strong urine odor, Mental changes or confusion * go to the ER
i hope you dont experiance any of this but just incase.. better to be safe than sorry

Thanks man

I already knew that after reading the drug package. its pretty intense, but so far I have been okay. My mother got taken off it years ago but I am doing fine.

Appreciate the advice!

JRunez
10-05-09, 12:22 pm
any time bro! im gald your starting to feel better if you ever need any help just pm me !
take it easy
lee

BigChrisF
10-05-09, 5:15 pm
There is nothing wrong with Celebrex. Increased risk does not mean a significant risk.

andrewT
10-05-09, 7:45 pm
I was thinking of picking up some Cissus. Is that stuff worth it?
my doctor and both chiros said I do not need an MRI but I need to be patient!
I have not lifted since aug 1! I am GOING INSANE!!!!

They said an MRI would shut me up but would take so long to get, and is useless because I will be fine. I have been taking higher doses of glucosamine chondriotin and omega 3's and also extra strength tylenol but I feel no difference.

People get surgery and are back in the gym faster! wtf is taking so long! I am tired of waiting around for it to heal! I have done NO PHYSICAL ACTIVITY SINCE and it is still here.

aye aye aye!

Big Wides
10-06-09, 6:13 am
Look your young and you have plenty of time don't sweat this shit. Do what your doctors tell you to do; there is a reason why they are doctors. If it was me personally, for anything medical I would not be asking on an internet board what to do. Get the tests done to find out what the real problem is. Why fuck yourself up by being inpatient? Listen to your doctors and follow their advice

violator
10-06-09, 9:47 am
Are you dealing with one doctor only?(besides the chiro) why wont they let u take MRIs?...that seems dodgy to me...
maybe get a second opinion...
i cant see how a med like celebrex will do anything to cure the problem...more like sooth the symptoms...but im not a doctor..haha...

ghost
10-06-09, 3:33 pm
No one on this board is a Certified, Licensed Doctor, and being that.... we cannot have people receiving MEDICAL advice.

Listen to your doctor. They went through all that schooling for a reason.