PDA

View Full Version : DIET while FASTINNN

drag0590
08-23-09, 9:05 pm
well im gna take this opportunity to get shreddeedddddddd
i basicly want to start all over again with a very low bodyfat...then do a clean bulk ...gain all the muscle back

i am 5.6 191 pounds 25 percent body fat...

i am currently fasting for personal reasons which is 1 month long ...my goal is to be 10-15 percent body fat with abbs showing but not super defined

i am allowed 2 meals a day basically....one early in the morning around 4am and one around 8pm

my diet looks like this

meal 1 4 eggs, 2 slices whole grain toast, 1 fish oil, 1 multi (i sometimes add fruit such as a banana) 1 cup water

meal 2 : lentil soup (20 grams carbs per 1 cup, 14 grams protein)....2-3 chicken breasts or steaks, 1-1.5 cups of veggies such as asparagus, or broccoli.....and a some 1/2 cup of sweet potato (maybe)......2 fish oils caps

when i go back to sleep after the meal at 4 am i get up around 11:30 DO 15 mins of cardio
i do 15-20 mins of cardio before breaking my fast and i do 15 minutes cardio after breaking my fast.. so 45-60 min cardio total .... and i also do pushups, situps,

drag0590
08-24-09, 1:19 am
SOME HELP pleaseeeeeee

sanga
08-24-09, 4:58 am
Not sure I understand what you are asking for mate, can you elaborate.

Merat
08-24-09, 5:43 am
are you participating in Ramadan?

G Diesel
08-24-09, 9:49 am
Were I doing some sort of prolonged fast, I'd probably minimize the cardio and make meal one bigger. I'd also add more clean fats to each meal to slow digestion and consider a casein-rich protein shake before bed.

Peace, G

Ironjaw
08-24-09, 10:26 am
even tho i see this is needing a different thing there are actually a few threads about how to eat while fasting ... u might wanna look on 1 of those before posting another new thread cuz i kno for a fact alot of what u should do has been covered ...

drag0590
08-24-09, 2:53 pm
like i said in my beginning post im talking about trying to lower my body fat.....im asking is this possible with the diet, cardio that i posted...

Muscleguy93
08-24-09, 3:19 pm
Were I doing some sort of prolonged fast, I'd probably minimize the cardio and make meal one bigger. I'd also add more clean fats to each meal to slow digestion and consider a casein-rich protein shake before bed.

Peace, G

Is real gains a good shake before bed? also PB for good fats? also ya i made an exact thread on "how to bulk" lol.

drag0590
08-24-09, 4:38 pm
ya well clearly people didn't read mine it was on how to "cut"

OklahomaMuscle
08-24-09, 5:54 pm
To cut, you must use more calories than you take in...calories in vs. calories out. Make sure you are maximizing the protein intake and minimizing carbs. Some add fats some don't, you must find what works for you. Also try and do all of the cardio after the fast or upon waking, you want your body to use the fat as fuel and this is generally more easily attained by doing fasted cardio. You asked if it was possible to cut while on a fast the short answer is "Yes" but you have to learn as you go, there is no 1 size fits all diet for losing fat. Good Luck

drag0590
08-24-09, 7:07 pm
thanks brother

msktyshha
08-27-09, 8:51 pm
i would say ur gonna lose alot of muscle if ur gonna cut during ramadan because of the diet and on top cardio will melt ur muscles. Iam fasting also and iam sort of following a bulk diet with no cardio and iam following a powerlifting routine for ramadan. I hit the gym an hour after breakin my fast. 1-5 reps with heavy weights and only 1 exercise per body part and only 1 workout per week. so this week i hit chest, shoulders n tris(4 sets of flat bench, 4 sets of incline, 4 sets of shoulder press and 4 sets of closegrip) next week i'll do back n bis den 3rd chest again n so on. This will have me more time to recover. powerlifting style will help me not lose my strength and maintain muscle. hope u find this helpful