PDA

View Full Version : 6 days workout routine

pilotboi
08-25-09, 9:22 am
hi guys,
i have read that 6 days workout (3 type of split workout routine repeated twice) helps to increase your size and physique quick and very good.
So was wondering what type of schedule should I plot.
I workout from monday-saturday.
So guys, give me some suggestions...
monday, tuesday, wednesday - ???
thursday, friday, saturday - repeated

Please help!

sideburnz
08-25-09, 11:04 am
6 days straight isn't good. but i do a 5 day split : Back,chest,legs,delts,arms = Mon - Fri
Sat & Sun = rest days
This has done me good but i'm not asking you to do this but you could try it though.

C.Coronato
08-25-09, 11:21 am
I personally go 7 days strait, shoulders, back, chest, quads, arms, hams. repeat. It works for me, and you gotta find what works for you. If you want to go 3 days one day off then 3 days then thats what you can do brother.

Try something like

Chest/Back
Arms/Legs
Shoulders

Day off

Repeat.

S. Clarida
08-25-09, 11:31 am
Agree with TTL...

Have to try it out and see what works best for your schedule and you physique. Some people can physically go 6-7 days straight while others can only go 3 days straight, take a day off then continue...

There are soooo many methods to training. So try different things, see what gives you the best results, physically and mentally and STICK WITH IT!

GK

npeezy
08-25-09, 1:12 pm
hi guys,
i have read that 6 days workout (3 type of split workout routine repeated twice) helps to increase your size and physique quick and very good.

Please help!

I currently do a 3 on 1 off, but last winter i did the following split..

Chest/shoulders/tri
Back/traps/biceps
Legs
Off
Repeat

Worked very welll BUTTTT the key is to keeping the volume fairy low per body part so that way you can recover...

this is what it looked like..

CHEST/SHOULDERS/TRI
-incline press
-flat db fly
-seated db press
-db side laterals
-close grip bench
-skull crushers

BACK/TRAPS/BICEPS
-bb rows
-db rows
-close grip pulldowns
-bb shrugs
-bb curls
-seated db curls

LEGS
-squats
-leg press
-leg curls
-leg extensions
-calf raises
-calf press

Try it out.

Muscleguy93
08-25-09, 4:14 pm
well if you want a 6 day split i'd do this:

mon- back
tues- chest
weds- arms
thrus- legs
fri- delts
Sat and Sun are rest

npeezy
08-25-09, 4:26 pm
well if you want a 6 day split i'd do this:

mon- back
tues- chest
weds- arms
thrus- legs
fri- delts
Sat and Sun are rest

thats a 5 day split spread out over 7 days..

theharjmann
08-25-09, 4:47 pm
hi guys,

Please help!

bro, tell us:

1) how old are you
2) how many years have you been training
3) how many calories do u eat in a day
4) how many g of protein do u eat a day
5) how much to do u weigh, and how tall are you
6) how many hours do u sleep every night on average
7) whats your day job

pilotboi
08-26-09, 1:26 am
bro, tell us:

1) how old are you
2) how many years have you been training
3) how many calories do u eat in a day
4) how many g of protein do u eat a day
5) how much to do u weigh, and how tall are you
6) how many hours do u sleep every night on average
7) whats your day job

1) 20
2) about an year
3) Not sure about that,sorry
4) 150 - 200g
5) 185 pounds / 6'.0"
6) 8 - 10 hours
7) Full time student

Muscleguy93
08-26-09, 1:38 am
thats a 5 day split spread out over 7 days..

haha man idk wtf i was thinkin >.<

theharjmann
08-26-09, 4:10 am
1) 20
2) about an year
3) Not sure about that,sorry
4) 150 - 200g
5) 185 pounds / 6'.0"
6) 8 - 10 hours
7) Full time student

right, here are 6 reasons why i definitely dont think you should be training 6 days a week:

1) you are still young so you need to allow sufficient time for your joints to grow and your hormone levels to pick up
2) you have not been training anywhere near enough to have put on enough size to even contemplate training 6 days a week
3) you should know how many calories you are eating per day....if not an exact number then you should at least be able to say "im eating so much i cant keep count"
4) you arent eating enough protein to grow off even a 4 day per week split
5) for a 6ft man, you are too light, which tells me you need to put on more mass
6) you are a full time student so you need to spare some time to get some quality study in aswell!

i would reccomend something like this (remember what i say may not work for you; its all about trial and error)

eat at least 300g of pure protein a day (pure protein meaning protein from meat, eggs, whey powder, fish - do NOT include protein from pulses, rice, pasta, bread etc.)

train like this: http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=50&section=training

eat like this: http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?section=diet&ID=321

and give it time.

good luck

violator
08-26-09, 6:11 am
right, here are 6 reasons why i definitely dont think you should be training 6 days a week:

1) you are still young so you need to allow sufficient time for your joints to grow and your hormone levels to pick up
2) you have not been training anywhere near enough to have put on enough size to even contemplate training 6 days a week
3) you should know how many calories you are eating per day....if not an exact number then you should at least be able to say "im eating so much i cant keep count"
4) you arent eating enough protein to grow off even a 4 day per week split
5) for a 6ft man, you are too light, which tells me you need to put on more mass
6) you are a full time student so you need to spare some time to get some quality study in aswell!

i would reccomend something like this (remember what i say may not work for you; its all about trial and error)

eat at least 300g of pure protein a day (pure protein meaning protein from meat, eggs, whey powder, fish - do NOT include protein from pulses, rice, pasta, bread etc.)

train like this: http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=50&section=training

eat like this: http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?section=diet&ID=321

and give it time.

good luck

^^...This is quality advice....^^

to add, if i may, that because ur a fulltime student, a 6 day split will take heavy toll on ur CNS...this will run u down quite quickly & ull find u lose focus in school probably after the first or second week....and im sure u cant afford that....
leave the 6 day splits and such to the advanced guys, u dont need them to grow...all u need is a good diet & consistent training such as is mentioned in the links above & ull see progress, no doubt guaranteed....

pilotboi
08-26-09, 11:29 am
Hey guys,
thanks a lot for your quality advice.
Especially to violator and theharjmann... Some solid advices!
will follow from today onwards!