PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for a new twist on my training program...

AlphaBrass01
08-25-09, 7:29 pm
Hey guys.

I have been using a 5-day split with Training Program 10 from this site as the template (with some great results in both size and strength). I'm looking to switch some things up just to shake up my muscles a bit, and I'm looking for any suggestions you guys might have.

I really like the way the muscle groups are split with this program, but I just want to look at the possibility attacking the muscles from a different angle, if that makes any sense. I'm also not looking to change everything, but throwing a little wrench into the works couldn't hurt at this point.

BubbyLight
08-26-09, 12:31 pm
well we all would like to help. but i know how it feels to change shit up with ur workout. are you trying to get over a peak? the best bet would be to give us some of your stats so we can look at them and see where ur lagging at or where ur strong points are.. so maybe give us ur weight, ur height. ur lifts and we can just start with that. thanks bro
BubbyLight

AlphaBrass01
08-27-09, 7:09 am
Alright, I'm 5'6", about 176 lbs. I changed my approach to diet and training at the end of April to push toward gaining muscle and some mass. That was after a year of losing weight, which was also the very beginning of any gym training for me. I went from 278 to 162 and started gaining some strength. Now I'm around 176, like I said, and have kept as much fat from coming back as possible.

I haven't really tried finding a 1 rep max for anything, so these are weights for sets. I squat around 255, dumbbell bench 60 per side, and lift about 175 on the incline bench.

I would like to possibly find some ways to target my chest and shoulders. I think my back and legs generally progress well, and would like to find some decent ways to really push the weight up on my bench and shoulder press, if possible.