PDA

View Full Version : Too much olive oil/healthy fats?

futurefreak101
08-25-09, 11:44 pm
ive been cutting for awhile but not 100 percent.
i recently found a diet i actually enjoy.

most of my meals consist of tuna fish with brown rice with olive oil like 2 table spoons drizzled on top with salt and pepper.
delicious..i know you think im crazy..but i recently discovered i LOVE tunafish..

i eat like 6 cans a day sometimes just a can by itself...been doing it for like 2 weeks..delicious..
anyway....is that too much olive oil if im using 2 table spoons on each meal 6 times a day?
i was thinking it might be too much..or maybe not?
anyone?

also thats not really all i eat..i eat bananas or dry cereal like "kix" or something if im craving something sweet

remember im not looking to get shredded just cut..

IronWilson
08-26-09, 12:23 am
You can never have too much healthy fats (as long as you are still within your macros). The high concentration of healthy fats will give you sustained energy while cutting and counteract the inflammation that meat sometimes can cause.

futurefreak101
08-26-09, 12:33 am
You can never have too much healthy fats (as long as you are still within your macros). The high concentration of healthy fats will give you sustained energy while cutting and counteract the inflammation that meat sometimes can cause.

alrite cool man..i also take my EFAs.
my workouts have been really good on this diet.

GJN5002
08-26-09, 12:35 pm
Are you eating 6 cans of tuna everyday?

Aggression
08-26-09, 12:53 pm
As long as its not going right through your system, I would think you're ok.

Right now, at 7.5 weeks out, I have 2tbsp of exvoo with 3/7 of my meals. That will probably increase a bit as my food gets dropped ..

futurefreak101
08-26-09, 1:45 pm
yea i eat like 4-6 cans a day.
i use protein shakes too.

futurefreak101
08-26-09, 1:46 pm
As long as its not going right through your system, I would think you're ok.

Right now, at 7.5 weeks out, I have 2tbsp of exvoo with 3/7 of my meals. That will probably increase a bit as my food gets dropped ..

yea i really like the olive oil on the tuna fish..because its not so dry..with that and salt and pepper its actually really good to me.

krazyassmexican
08-27-09, 9:40 am
i suggest start using various sources of fats and not only evoo

adidas
08-27-09, 11:16 am

What he said^^^

Safflower oil is bomb
lecithin
coconut oil
macnut oil
fish oil (various breeds)
grapeseed

etc....

williams_888
08-27-09, 3:27 pm
just be careful on the mercury toxicity... eating to much canned fish is how that can happen.. if you can, try fresh fillets from the market or something.

Aggression
08-27-09, 3:53 pm
just be careful on the mercury toxicity... eating to much canned fish is how that can happen.. if you can, try fresh fillets from the market or something.

Agreed. 6 cans of Tuna is a lot per day, every day. Yeah, its a cheap food, but you have to worry about your health. Fresh tilapia is a good choice, when on sale. Chicken is also a good choice. I eat one can of Tuna per day, as my last meal, but its chicken and beef (only 2oz per day) for me, and I'm 8 weeks out ...

futurefreak101
08-27-09, 5:39 pm
im not the type to worry about tuna and mercury toxicity
people eat mc donalds double cheese burgers donuts white bread and fried food 7 days a week.
people do drugs and live until there 70.
the tuna is cheap and i can actually get it down without wanting to vomit.
lulz.
thanks for looking out

GJN5002
08-27-09, 9:46 pm
im not the type to worry about tuna and mercury toxicity
people eat mc donalds double cheese burgers donuts white bread and fried food 7 days a week.
people do drugs and live until there 70.
the tuna is cheap and i can actually get it down without wanting to vomit.
lulz.
thanks for looking out

so youre worried about eating too much olive oil but not worried about too much mercury?

futurefreak101
08-27-09, 10:04 pm
so youre worried about eating too much olive oil but not worried about too much mercury?

pretty much.
im trying to cut and i thought the olive oil was to much at every meal.

krazyassmexican
08-28-09, 11:08 pm
pretty much.
im trying to cut and i thought the olive oil was to much at every meal.

i think your carbs are too high for a cuttin diet, truth to be told i feel like your diet is a bulkin diet

futurefreak101
08-29-09, 12:12 am
i think your carbs are too high for a cuttin diet, truth to be told i feel like your diet is a bulkin diet

you do realize not everyone needs to cut carbs to loose bodyfat?

krazyassmexican
08-29-09, 7:37 am
you do realize not everyone needs to cut carbs to loose bodyfat?

i'm sorry man didnt realize you knew it all, i promised on my life i will never express my opinions on your threads, good luck on the mr olympia prep.

futurefreak101
08-29-09, 10:08 am
i'm sorry man didnt realize you knew it all, i promised on my life i will never express my opinions on your threads, good luck on the mr olympia prep.

i do know alot about what works for me.
the minute some one doesnt agree with what you say you act like a baby.

Big Wides
08-31-09, 6:09 am
dude switch up your protein source from just pounding the tuna. Throw in some turkey, chicken, lean cuts of red meat, ect. These foods have natural fats in them that are food for you and quite tasty. Plus each different source of protein has different nutrients that will only help in the long run

On Letting Go
08-31-09, 8:16 am

I agree with this.

dude switch up your protein source from just pounding the tuna. Throw in some turkey, chicken, lean cuts of red meat, ect. These foods have natural fats in them that are food for you and quite tasty. Plus each different source of protein has different nutrients that will only help in the long run

This as well. Tuna is a great source for protein but i second the notion that you should work toward more variety.

stumblin54
08-31-09, 7:16 pm
The variety they're talking about here includes a wide amino profile, not just the ones you're getting from tuna 'Freak. Eggs are hands down the best protein source out there, with the most complete amino profile and are cheap to boot. You should be eating plenty of eggs, toss some tabasco or whatever you need on them to get them down and you will be a happy man. Really though, if you're not worried about the mercury content in tuna, you should be worried about the protein variation or lackthereof in your diet.

Stumblin

futurefreak101
08-31-09, 10:16 pm
yo
i just got back from the store.
the tuna fish was getting to expensive so i have to cut down on it..i dont use chunk light only solid white albacore.
its like 7 dollars for 4 cans.

so anyway..i just picked up some thin sliced chicken breast and 3 cartons of eggs for 10 bucks.

so heres how this will go from now on

oats
chicken breast
whey isolate protein shakes
eggs
tuna
brown rice
etc.

stumblin54
09-01-09, 11:48 am
Four great sources of protein right there, that's more like it 'freak, nice work my man.

Stumblin

On Letting Go
09-01-09, 11:50 am
80/20 ground beef is really cheap too. Check that out.

futurefreak101
09-01-09, 2:43 pm
80/20 ground beef is really cheap too. Check that out.

yea i forgot about that.
ill probably switch that up next week

Tifferzzz
09-03-09, 12:01 pm
Salmon - highest (from what I remember) content of healthy fats. Buy the Alaskan brand.

Tuna Fish - yeah, I'm addicted as well - but if you're eating that much, stay away from the White Albacore Chunk Tuna. If you're buying Costco brand, buy the kind with the green label on the can. Less mercury amounts.

Here's a couple of sites that outline the fish:

Click here for Gen. Info (http://www.nrdc.org/health/effects/mercury/guide.asp)

FDA Outline (http://www.fda.gov/Food/FoodSafety/Product-SpecificInformation/Seafood/FoodbornePathogensContaminants/Methylmercury/ucm115644.htm)

From American Heart.org (http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=3013797)

futurefreak101
09-03-09, 3:18 pm
hmm alot of my meals now consist of grilled chicken and egg whites...or grilled chicken and whole eggs and veggies.

pretty cheap diet also.

futurefreak101
09-03-09, 5:33 pm
also i just got done with a fat burner from universal..called universal ripped fast...waited a week and now i switched to this stuff called universal fat burners...looks very old school....but once again the price is un matched..fucking shit was cheap...i think it was like 5.99 for 100 caps. 2 caps per day