PDA

View Full Version : DFAC eating

mnmvilla2002
08-26-09, 2:36 pm
How do you Animals who are downrange (Iraq,Afghan,etc.) eat? I'm in Iraq(Speicher) and we have chicken, tuna, rice and veggies for lunch and dinner plus other stuff. Eggs and oatmeal for breakfest. But just wanted to hear from other people what they may have. It is different for us out here since we can't go to local store and buy our food. Looking forward to hearing from how you Animals eat while down range.

Kevlar
08-26-09, 2:49 pm
Hey bro- when I was downrange I would eat in the DFAC but also have supplements sent from bb.com to my APO address. I used to get 12 hard boiled eggs at breakfast and spread them through the day as well as protein shakes and bars that I ordered online. Be safe, lift hard and thanks for putting foot-to-ass for our country.

mark
08-26-09, 7:07 pm
What ever is served at the DFAC is what i eat. I just try to get what is the easiest to work into my diet.
For example, if i need 40grams of protein, and 5 grams of fat, and my choices are pork, chicken on the bone, and tuna salad... I'll just grab the chicken, and peel the skin off.
Also, the DFAC here in HOA has a sandwhich side that is open during the day, so i grab a sandwich to go when i leave from lunch to get me through the afternoon.

The best advice i have is this... Don't worry about when you eat... Just make sure you eat enough. Don't worry about all that shit of having to eat every 2 or 3 hours. All that matters is that you get the calories you need... In fact, eatting often like that can be counter productive in the long run.

mnmvilla2002
08-27-09, 10:21 pm
I see some guys use oatmeal in a shake while bulking. The DFAC on COB has the instant packs of oatmeal is it ok to use?

BryanSmash!
08-29-09, 9:17 am
I just make the best out of whats available. I'm just happy to eat.

Tha Crazy Irishman
08-29-09, 7:27 pm
dude, tell me that they aren't putting curry in the DFAC at Speicher anymore, please! haha. which DFAC are you eating at? me personally, after about 3 months there, i just ate a lot of turkey sandwiches, and chicken and rice. the worst was the 3 months we had no real eggs. powdered eggs suck. i got stuck eating yogurt and cottage cheese for breakfast.

mnmvilla2002
08-29-09, 8:33 pm
You know come to think of it, I haven't seen curry in the Speicher DFAC. I ususally go to the North one. Having no eggs did suck. Yeah I do eat the chicken put it sucks when it is so dry.

Tha Crazy Irishman
08-29-09, 9:03 pm
thats cool man. i ate at the main DFAC. used to be called the Eagle's Nest. I'm sure they changed the name when the new unit came in. They used to do an ethnic food bar, and they had curry on there all the time. One time they had spaghetti on the main line, and sure as shit, there was curry in it. yeah, they are pretty good at drying out the chicken breasts. well hey man, i know Speicher ain't exactly roughing it, but gimme your address so i can send you some supplies.

Rida4life
09-01-09, 5:50 pm
yea bro like stated above don't try to eat every 2-3hrs because most likely its not going to happen so just make sure you eat enough. I personally have a stock of Real Gains in my POD ready for me whenever i may need it. So I eat breakfast and have a shake then 3hr later i drink another shake then we might have time for lunch. and another 2-3hr later i have another shake. bro i stay drinking shakes 3 a day man....

mnmvilla2002
09-01-09, 6:24 pm
I hear you. I do use protein shakes to fill in those times of no food. That is a great idea to have some Real Gain stocked up may have to look into that. Thanks for the answers guy.