PDA

View Full Version : Animal Training Routine #4

RedLine
02-17-07, 11:22 am
I just started this program yesterday. Its hard as hell because of all the reps. Has anyone tried it, because I'm looking for a workout to get me cut up. Lemme know what you guys think. http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=47

PlacentiaBay
02-17-07, 12:58 pm
If your finding it to hard you may end up overtraining. If you are finding it to hard and think its gonna burn you out switch back to a intermidate routine instead of a advanced one.

xenrus
02-17-07, 2:00 pm
i do , hard it is yeagh.First of all i was getting reeady for that routine about a week ,legs , back most of it , i thought holy shit.The new week i started whole routine , not with 40 but with 30 reps , second week i higher the weights a little bit with same reps , next week i higher the reps to 40 with normal weights , some parts did not work for me so i modified a bit , the exercises , the reps , main part in this routine is stickin to 30sec break , thats the hardest part.The routine is good , you just have to modify it a little bit for your needs.

Torque757
02-17-07, 6:48 pm
I just started this program yesterday. Its hard as hell because of all the reps. Has anyone tried it, because I'm looking for a workout to get me cut up. Lemme know what you guys think. http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=47

Lifting is for building muscle, not getting cut. Cardio is for getting cut.

Maccabee
02-17-07, 8:33 pm
This routine will get you cut up. But dont forget cardio and diet. Good luck

MELTDOWN
02-17-07, 9:11 pm
#4 rocks...and it depends on where you are in your training...there's a neat little note at the top right that states........"training routine #4
CYCLE: 6-Day Split, Two Days On, 1 Day Off, Two Days On, 1 Day Off
LEVEL: Advanced
GOAL: Muscle Size, Shape, And Definition "

xenrus
02-18-07, 10:50 am
Torque you look like 100% sure in your statements all the time,but please think twice before posting next time.

Sprent
02-18-07, 12:48 pm
How long does it take to complete this workout?

I am thinking it shouldn't take long with only 30 second rest periods.

I might try this program in March.

xenrus
02-18-07, 1:59 pm
45 minutes maximum , if ya want to do some stretching , abs some simple moves , might be an hour

Jon Wan
01-30-08, 9:41 am
I am currently doing training routine 4 off www.animalpak.com my question is when it reads 2 full rotations
Are they telling me to do the Quads part twice

Tuesday: Quads/Hams

Quads (2 Full Rotations)
• Leg Presses: 4 Sets x 25 Reps
• Horizontal Leg Presses: 1 Set x 40 Reps
• Leg Extensions: 1 Set x 40 Reps

Hams
• Leg Curl Machine: 3 Sets To Failure

ironshaolin
01-30-08, 9:58 am
yeah, that routine is a cutting routine. If you look at the notes at the bottom, it says to do only 30 secs rest in between sets. So, 4 sets of leg press for 25 reps, resting only 30 secs in between, rest 30 secs, one set of horizontal leg pressx40reps, rest 30 secs, 1 set of leg extensionsx40 reps. When I worked that routine, after that part, I rested about 2 mins, then did another cycle of it. So, in total you're doing 8 sets of leg press, 2 sets of horizontal leg press, and 2 sets of leg extensions, all very high reps. If you do it right, with short rest periods and as heavy a weight you can handle for perscribed reps, it will KILL you.

Jon Wan
01-30-08, 10:40 am
thanks for the help i thought thats what they where telling me to do so i did it and it was not fun .....at all!

xxscaxx
01-30-08, 1:33 pm
if it was fun everyone would do it. its what separates the boys from the men. happy lifting and stick it out!

xgentzx
01-30-08, 4:53 pm
excellent workout, damn tough if your not use to doing high repetitions. loved it, stick it out man

Rexor91
01-30-08, 4:54 pm
I am currently doing training routine 4 off www.animalpak.com my question is when it reads 2 full rotations
Are they telling me to do the Quads part twice

Tuesday: Quads/Hams

Quads (2 Full Rotations)
• Leg Presses: 4 Sets x 25 Reps
• Horizontal Leg Presses: 1 Set x 40 Reps
• Leg Extensions: 1 Set x 40 Reps

Hams
• Leg Curl Machine: 3 Sets To Failure

Yezzir.

Wasteland
01-31-08, 9:13 am
These are actual routines run by some of the Animal athletes as I understand it. Therefore, we should keep that in mind. What may work for them, may not be ideally suited for you. They may leave out exercises that might be important for you, and vice versa. The point is to custom-tailor a routine that makes sense for your goals.

Dissolve88
02-27-09, 8:45 pm
I was looking at the training routines here on animal pak wanting something new to spice it up and I saw #4 and i knew it was the one i wanted. It looked like a fucking blast. I have just finished a full week of it and i must say i feel like fuckin jello, but there was one thing im hopeing isnt hurting me and that was it really cut my workout time down because the routine calls for a minimum rest time of 30 seconds and i seem to get through the workouts faster. It used to be like an hour or hour and fifteen,but now its like an half hour. Guess my question is that ,am i undertraining. Dont get my wrong though i believe 100% that all these routines will work and knock your fucking boots off, im just wondering if anyone else has done this routine that they too are in the gym for a shorter time. thanks.

MrMonday
02-27-09, 11:34 pm
The number of minutes you spend in the gym hardly matter.

If your lifts and bodyweight are moving steadily up, then so are your muscle gains. If you're getting a good pump in 30 minutes and making progress, that is excellent and no you are not "undertraining".

trainer89
02-28-09, 10:10 am
I used the same routine for a month and it worked great for me. My workouts lasted 30-45 mins as well. Remember a routine is just a routine, it all depends how much YOU put into it. Just keep the intensity high and the rest time short and you'll get a great workout. Keep trainin' like an ANIMAL!

siggik
03-02-09, 5:08 pm
Hello, iam thinking of getting The Test Explosion Stack, and was wondering why it recomends the training routine #4 for that stack ?

any info on that ?

thanks

mfl5027
03-02-09, 9:11 pm
From the training page,
"Though this routine looks deceptively simple (the heaviest weights aren't used), believe me, it's not so easy. This routine looks to maximize your pump and your results. Keep your rest period between each to a minimum (no more than 30 seconds). It should produce nice size, shape and overall definition."

Size, shape, and overall definition sound like the kind of goals you should have in mind when using something like the test explosion stack.

afxlalune
03-28-09, 12:15 am
anyone have try this routine im on test/stack2/nitro plz help me

TigerAce01
03-28-09, 12:24 am
I've tried it, and didn't personally find it very productive. It's a little too experimental for me.

-Ace

afxlalune
03-28-09, 12:28 am
ok because i never use 1x25 im on 3x10 now and it suggest routine 4 with test thanks

TigerAce01
03-28-09, 12:40 am
Just stick to a routine that works for you. Certain supplements don't go with specific routines, it just doesn't work that way.

-Ace

AFTazz06
03-28-09, 1:19 am
Supplement(s) never go with a certain routine. Thats unheard of. Supplements just help your body recover and grow assuming ofcourse that you have a solid nutrition program. Without a solid nutrition program, it doesnt matter what your routine/supplements, etc. look like, your body will not grow.

afxlalune
03-28-09, 6:49 am
thanks bro!

sanga
03-28-09, 9:19 am
Its an advanced routine that works well if you can handle the intensity, your recovery is optimum and you have everything in place.

tsala88
06-28-09, 7:18 pm
Hey Everyone, new to this forum names tsala, or sala, anyways Ive been lifting for about 5 years now, time to switch up the routine, im standing about 6'2 270 and really wanna trim down ive started to cut carbs and diet as of two weeks ago...

just wondering if anyone has tried the animal routine 4 on the website?? Looks pretty solid, just wanna get some feedback...thanks guys
-tsala

71bbo455
06-28-09, 9:02 pm
I have not done that exact routine. But I have done that split in the past. I had good success with it. I think that you should give it a try and see how it works after 2 or 3 weeks. You can decide if the routine works for you or if you like the split but not the exercises. Anyway as most will tell you there is now one perfect routine.

Good Luck and train hard and smart!

tsala88
06-28-09, 9:11 pm
alright great thanks, im definetly gonna give it a shot, i tried it today, and i liked the pump i got i just feel like i was literally only lifting weights for maybe 15-20 minutes because my rest time is less than 30 seconds everytime i also feel like im not doing enough for each muscle....maybe ive been training too long and too much in the past??? Thanks for the feedback

71bbo455
06-28-09, 10:13 pm
alright great thanks, im definetly gonna give it a shot, i tried it today, and i liked the pump i got i just feel like i was literally only lifting weights for maybe 15-20 minutes because my rest time is less than 30 seconds everytime i also feel like im not doing enough for each muscle....maybe ive been training too long and too much in the past??? Thanks for the feedback

Well you might not feel like you're doing enough but you are training differently now. Very low rest periods you will not be able to do as much. But you will add volume to your muscles, which is the pump that you feel. THis routine is going to add size through volume not through weight. Give it a shot it might do well for you. Plus it gives that body a totally different feel.

tsala88
06-28-09, 10:19 pm
yeah ive decided to stick with it and up the cardio, well see how it goes, my main goal is to get more cut up hopefully this is what will do it for me, and i am looking to do something different in the weight room since its time to change my routine anyways. Thanks again

-tsala

Punishir
06-08-11, 7:29 pm
Just started this routine last night, and I have to say I had a blast. It was tough but its just want I was looking for. Im not going to drop carbs to much and to fast. I feel my may be able to use them with this routine.

kels16
01-31-12, 1:23 am
hey guys, I'm on week 2 of this workout, would it be alright to add a 3x10 or 4x12 exercise for each body part? i feel the pump and everything and i can definitely tell that this routine is working but I would like to increase size dramatically,

Btw, the supplements i am on are Test, Pak, Stak, Nitro, Size-on, and a ZMA for bed time

C.Coronato
01-31-12, 10:23 am
You can change and adapt it however you want my man. Find what works for you!