PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Out Here

rey_ray
08-28-09, 2:09 pm
Sup fellas,

A couple of quick questions..

Should I eat before I hit the weights? What should I eat? Should it be an hour or 30 mins prior to hitting the weights? Does the same thing go for cardio sessions also?

MightyMouse666
08-28-09, 2:23 pm
Depending on the time of day you lift... I would go with something like oatmeal or fruit, or peanut butter on wheat... some carbs and fats but not too heavy, maybe an hour beforehand. You dont want to lift on a full stomach, but you dont want to be hungry either. As far as cardio goes, you're better off on a relatively empty stomach. I would say wait at least one and a half hours after eating.

C.Coronato
08-28-09, 2:24 pm
You should be eating something to get you fueling about an hour before your workout. I usually would have a few bananas and a protein shake, usually did me well. For cardio, i dont eat prior, simply because thats more to burn.

GJN5002
08-28-09, 2:58 pm
You should be eating something to get you fueling about an hour before your workout. I usually would have a few bananas and a protein shake, usually did me well. For cardio, i dont eat prior, simply because thats more to burn.

solid advice.

I usually have a normal meal about 1 hour before weight training. I have aminos in water before cardio.