PDA

View Full Version : Need some help, cut diet?

Cordova
08-28-09, 7:21 pm
Need some advise on my first cutting diet . ive put something together but not sure if im going down the right path. id appreciate any help anyone could give me,
curently 177lbs at 5.8ft and 15%>BF

PROPOSED CUT DIET
MEAL 1; 2 WHOLE EGGS , 2 WHITES . 2/3 CUP OF OATMEAL
MEAL2; TIN OF TUNA W/1 TBS FAT FREE MAYO . 2 RICE CAKES + 1 TBS PB
MEAL 3; 6OZ CHICKEN . 1 CUP BROWN PASTA W/ ½ CUP BROCOLI
MEAL 4; 250G COTTAGE CHEESE . 2 RICE CAKES
MEAL 5; 6OZ STEAK . 1 ½ CUP OF VEG + 1 TBS OLIVE OIL
MEAL 6; 2 SCOOPS WHEY PROTEIN + 2 TBS PB

CURRENT BULKING DIET
MEAL 1: 2 SCOOPS OF WHEY W/ 3/4 CUP OF OATMEAL + RASINS AND 1 YOGURT
MEAL 2: 5 OZ OF CHICKEN W/ 1 CUP BROWN PASTA
MEAL 3: 5 OZ OF CHICKEN W/ BAKED POTATOES
MEAL 4: 5 OZ OF CHICKEN W/ 1 CUP BROWN PASTA
MEAL 5: 5 OZ STEAK W/ BAKED POTATO + VEG
MEAL 6: 250 G OF COTTAGE CHEESE W/ 1 PINT OF MILK + 2TBS NATTY PB

ryan23
08-28-09, 7:38 pm
i am not sure if you care or follow the glycemic index but things look pretty solid, except for the rice cakes which have a high GI, but not knowing your stats or how your body responds to certian foods no one can tell you if its good or not, but it looks like a good plan follow it for about 3 weeks keep track of all of your measurement and make changes according to what happens

BryanSmash!
08-29-09, 1:23 am
Which meals are your pre and post workout?

Cordova
08-29-09, 4:22 am
ryan23- Thanks for the reply,i wasnt aware rice cakes had a high GI. would it be a good idea to just keep meals 2 and 4 protein+fat only or would you recomed a better carb source? My stats are in my first post.

BryanSmash!- my pre workout is meal 4, i have a shake with dextrose and whey PWO then around 30-mins after i eat meal 5.

BryanSmash!
08-29-09, 4:58 am
Cool. I'd suggest ditching the brown pasta in your bulking diet and replace it with a white starch, also add some carbs to your Meal 5.

For your Cut meals, Id suggest adding two eggs to meal 1 (whole or just the whites), and replace the whey protein shake from your last meal with either a blended formula, or a pure cassein shake, it digests at a slower rate giving you a sustained protein release throughout the night.

ryan23
08-29-09, 10:09 am
It just depends on your tatics when i cut i try and limit all carbs (except for vegetables) for postworkout i would get rid of the rice cakes,fat free mayo, brown pasta, but that is just me, i dont like carbs when cutting i bump up my fat intake, but that is just me, if you can handle the carbs then i would say keep them just use better ones, instead of the pasta i would use brown rice or sweet potato, yams, and instead of the rice cakes i would use a slice of ezekiel bread, and you might want to switch meals 4 and six, cottage cheese is a slow burning protein aka casien, and i do agree add some more eggs to breakfast, like i said track your progress and if you see good changes doesnt matter on what others suggests keep with what is working, i wouldnt change a thing till progress comes to a hault

o and sorry for not seeing your stats